[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Berman is a douche
Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/19/2018  8:08 AM
Y'all no I'm not a kool-aid drinking, rose colored glasses wearing type. I call it like i see it. But here on these boards where it just us Joe Schmoes. But even I'm a bit disgusted at Berman calling out rookies in article headlines 17 games into the season.
He's got one calling out Knox and one on Mitch Rob. Wtf is his problem? Has he no restraint? No decency? Give the kids a chance before humiliating them in the public press. What a douche.
AUTOADVERT
JamesKPolk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4093

11/19/2018  8:52 AM
It’s New York. That’s the nature of the beast.

I agree with you but at the same time Knox has done nothing so far. He needs to get a fire lit under his ass and show some signs of life. I know he’s very young but show us you can do something besides shoot a lot.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/19/2018  9:52 AM
Media helped create the Summer League Hype. They will also create the anger to shake your head and yell at the TV.
As said, it is the nature of the beast. For all we know they do this in other cities as well.
Nalod took his family to see "Hamilton" last night So I can't comment on last nights game.
Box Score looked brutal.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/19/2018  10:05 AM
Definitely got to take the good with the BAD. Berman was writing puff pieces regarding Trier, Knox, and Mitch since SL.

I didn't see much of the game last night but Mitch and knox both played like (deer in head lights) rookies, they are on the scouting reports now and Mitch looked more like a project then steal of the draft. Knoxs Motor was his biggest flaw coming into the draft, it has never been consistent

Obviously when you put these young guys in roles they really shouldn't be in, your going to get super inconsistent play.

ES
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/19/2018  10:05 AM
Isola a douche, Stephen A a douche, Michael Kay and his bobos mucho douche. Add most of the radio gasbags. There is de rigueur Knicks hate when it comes to covering the team. Like the lead post said, this isn't about being kool ade drinking, pom pom waving. We see what is bad (a lot!). But there is a clear difference in the vision of the front office to work for the future and not another win-now death march. Fiz too is a work in progress but is the anti-Hornacek in terms of playing the youngsters instead of going for useless wins. And we have a group of interesting young players with potential -- potential that needs patience, the kind the douches can't imagine.

To me we seem to be going in a good direction, granted a painful one. And there are no guarantees of where it will lead and who will stick. But the lazy condemnation of this Knicks "process", to focus on only the shortcomings and equate with all previous sins, to belch out "same old Knicks" without doing your homework because you believe that is what the mob wants to hear....

Go jump in the East River.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
11/19/2018  10:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/19/2018  10:09 AM
i thought we as fans and the knicks as an org got numb to this already

does anyone care what berman writes? it's a joke and doesn't everyone (front office, players included) know to ignore it by now?

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/19/2018  10:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/19/2018  10:25 AM
Panos wrote:Y'all no I'm not a kool-aid drinking, rose colored glasses wearing type. I call it like i see it. But here on these boards where it just us Joe Schmoes. But even I'm a bit disgusted at Berman calling out rookies in article headlines 17 games into the season.
He's got one calling out Knox and one on Mitch Rob. Wtf is his problem? Has he no restraint? No decency? Give the kids a chance before humiliating them in the public press. What a douche.

yeah, he's a douche but man I disagree with you here. He's a starter for the ****ing Knicks who went 0/0 with 5 fouls. That's ****ing garbage. If you don't want him to get called out, tell Fiz to sit his ass down. Kanter is going for 16/12 and he's on the bench. When a starter plays like absolute **** he deserved to get called out. Do you have any idea how expensive it is to go to a game?

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/19/2018  10:49 AM
KnickDanger wrote:Isola a douche, Stephen A a douche, Michael Kay and his bobos mucho douche. Add most of the radio gasbags. There is de rigueur Knicks hate when it comes to covering the team. Like the lead post said, this isn't about being kool ade drinking, pom pom waving. We see what is bad (a lot!). But there is a clear difference in the vision of the front office to work for the future and not another win-now death march. Fiz too is a work in progress but is the anti-Hornacek in terms of playing the youngsters instead of going for useless wins. And we have a group of interesting young players with potential -- potential that needs patience, the kind the douches can't imagine.

To me we seem to be going in a good direction, granted a painful one. And there are no guarantees of where it will lead and who will stick. But the lazy condemnation of this Knicks "process", to focus on only the shortcomings and equate with all previous sins, to belch out "same old Knicks" without doing your homework because you believe that is what the mob wants to hear....

First all this NYC, the Largest Media Market in the WORLD, and no matter who you are or what you have done, you can expect criticism. Every single player in NY experiences this, there's like 5 beat writes per team as oppose to most teams that have 1 or 2.

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/19/2018  11:02 AM
KnickDanger wrote:Isola a douche, Stephen A a douche, Michael Kay and his bobos mucho douche. Add most of the radio gasbags. There is de rigueur Knicks hate when it comes to covering the team. Like the lead post said, this isn't about being kool ade drinking, pom pom waving. We see what is bad (a lot!). But there is a clear difference in the vision of the front office to work for the future and not another win-now death march. Fiz too is a work in progress but is the anti-Hornacek in terms of playing the youngsters instead of going for useless wins. And we have a group of interesting young players with potential -- potential that needs patience, the kind the douches can't imagine.

A reporter, beat writer etc etc isn't really going to put much focus on what may happen in the future. They will specifically comment on what is either currently happening on the court or just previously happened. Fans will put more focus on those other things than they will.

Knox can go on a tear for the next 20 games a look like a star. They will then write articles about him in that light commenting on how he was performing.

In the end they aren't really telling die hard fans things we don't already know and see. Which is why their opinions don't really add much value to me anyway.

An article that Crush put up where a dude went in to serious detail about Frank's jump shot is value added.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
KnickDanger

11/19/2018  11:24 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

First all this NYC, the Largest Media Market in the WORLD, and no matter who you are or what you have done, you can expect criticism. Every single player in NY experiences this, there's like 5 beat writes per team as oppose to most teams that have 1 or 2.

The point isn't about criticism. It's about thoughtfulness. Yeah I don't expect it but the laziness bugs me.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/19/2018  11:42 AM
Writers have to put out content to make money.
They cannot just state come later in 5 years to watch this team.
So they chew all this irrelevant intermediate details over and over again.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/19/2018  12:12 PM
Panos wrote:Y'all no I'm not a kool-aid drinking, rose colored glasses wearing type. I call it like i see it. But here on these boards where it just us Joe Schmoes. But even I'm a bit disgusted at Berman calling out rookies in article headlines 17 games into the season.

Just so that you know, beat writers create the article content and then the newspapers typically create the article title, and obviously they do it for clicks and whatnot

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/19/2018  1:01 PM
Berman is a wannabe Lupica. He is trying to sensationalize everything but he is a no talent jackasss.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/19/2018  1:57 PM
martin wrote:

Just so that you know, beat writers create the article content and then the newspapers typically create the article title, and obviously they do it for clicks and whatnot

The key is not to click... there's so much information out there. I would rather read one of you guys give an opinion than Berman or anybody else. The ny media or any other TV outlet has no interest in taking good about the knicks. Bashing the knicks is like throwing a fart around a 4 year old... cheap laughs

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

11/19/2018  4:02 PM
Berman is in the Newspaper selling biz...not the reporting biz. He is a cretin and a fool, but people read him because anger sells.
FireHornacek
Member: #7584

11/19/2018  4:09 PM
EnySpree wrote:...The ny media or any other TV outlet has no interest in taking good about the knicks....

Uhh, what exactly is good about the Knicks thus far?

You've got to be kidding. The media doesn't want to talk good about the Knicks. So you want them to make sh!t up? "Wow, Knox is definitely on pace for Rookie Of The Year! Fiz was an inspired choice for our new coach! Mitchell is not just the steal of the draft, but the steal of the century!" Is that what you want?

Please, tell me what good should the media be talking about?

KnickDanger

11/19/2018  8:57 PM
FireHornacek wrote:
EnySpree wrote:...The ny media or any other TV outlet has no interest in taking good about the knicks....

Uhh, what exactly is good about the Knicks thus far?

You've got to be kidding. The media doesn't want to talk good about the Knicks. So you want them to make sh!t up? "Wow, Knox is definitely on pace for Rookie Of The Year! Fiz was an inspired choice for our new coach! Mitchell is not just the steal of the draft, but the steal of the century!" Is that what you want?

Please, tell me what good should the media be talking about?

Well of course Berman isn't the only douche.

Panos
11/20/2018  12:31 AM
As with almost all rookies, they shouldn't be in the SL from the beginning of their rookie seasons. They should be eased in, and earn it. If they are failing in a starting role, this is on the coach, not one kid with 1 year college ball, and one with zero. No need to rip these kids in the press. Give them a bloody grace period.

On Ultimate Knicks website its all fair game.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/20/2018  1:16 AM
Panos wrote:As with almost all rookies, they shouldn't be in the SL from the beginning of their rookie seasons. They should be eased in, and earn it. If they are failing in a starting role, this is on the coach, not one kid with 1 year college ball, and one with zero. No need to rip these kids in the press. Give them a bloody grace period.

Realistically speaking, do the Knicks have 5 guys who have earned a SL position?

It's also about fit too after that.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Panos
11/20/2018  7:19 AM
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:As with almost all rookies, they shouldn't be in the SL from the beginning of their rookie seasons. They should be eased in, and earn it. If they are failing in a starting role, this is on the coach, not one kid with 1 year college ball, and one with zero. No need to rip these kids in the press. Give them a bloody grace period.

Realistically speaking, do the Knicks have 5 guys who have earned a SL position?

It's also about fit too after that.

I don't think that matters. It takes some time for rooks to get acclimated to the NBA. I'm not saying not to play them, but don't throw them in the deep end, either.

Berman is a douche

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy