[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: keep the Tank rolling, do you believe in Tragic?
Author Thread
JamesKPolk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4093

11/19/2018  8:54 AM
Uptown wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Uptown wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Uptown - you keepasking why I don'tlike Midiay? Rewind and watch the last 6 posessions.

It's a mixed bag with him...he made a great pass to Knox cutting to the basket, then turned it over on the next...I get it...but again, he is making the mistakes you would expect a 22 yr old who never made college ball to make.

Mudiay is making the SAME MISTAKES since he started in the league.

He's outside his prime developmental window.

Guys who take a little longer to figure it out tend to have at least one bedrock/anchor skill set that keeps them in a rotation.

Does he even have an average three point shot? If the answer is No , then he's not working hard enough. You can improve your long range shooting with attrition and grind it out hard work.

Is he in elite physical condition? If the answer is No ( it's No), then he's not working hard enough. You can be in elite physical condition by choice.

It would be one thing if you saw a developmental trajectory over time. I.E. Mudiay getting a little better each season at something. Is that happening? So why should it happen now?

The job is there to take. He's not taking it with his play. He also seems to not understand that the team needs him to get to the rim.

On Ebay, sometimes people sell junk lots. They buy out an abandoned storage unit at auction, then try to sell the bigger pieces. Some of the scrap at the end, what's left, the assorted random crap, gets thrown in a box and sometimes people bid a few bucks on it. Often it's NOT worth even the shipping.

That's as much mixed bag as Mudiay will ever get.

Some of you guys are hoping for change from a player who has never shown change. For years. Across multiple teams.

He's at least improved in 2 areas: He has a career 36% FG from the field, he is currently shooting 50% from the field. Mudiay is also finishing much better at the rim....Still a long way to go for him. It's possible that Mudiay's window may have closed, its alo possible that he can still turn it around...He has a coach that hasn't written him off and seems to believe in him which is leading to Mudiay playing with more confidence so we shall see...

This. He has flaws in his game and if he's the best we come up with its suboptimal. But in an effort to boost Frank, we've developed ridiculous standards on this board. No one wants to be accused of not knowing the importance of defense so things like fg% are irrelevant now(especially since frank is good at the former and exceptionally bad at the latter). Muiday or Burke have good games..oh but they messed up a play in the 4th quarter so they are useless. Frank has a horrid game but makes a nice stop or hits a shot, its see he us going to be great.

Here's a question, if Frank were to be traded would we get a 1st rounder in the top half of the draft back? If we did a redraft would he go 8 still?

Great points here!!! There is definitely a double standard by some posters on this board when it comes to defending Frank and knocking Burke and Mudiay. Mudiay is 22 years old and has shown improvement, but since he wasn't drafted by us, he is treated like an outcast who's window is already closed. Yet, I've seen posters claim that Frank can develop at a Chauncey Billups pace, yet, Mudiay isn't afforded the same luxury.

Mudiay hasn’t improved at all and has been in the league for 4 seasons now.

We really need to stop treating every young player like he has potential to be great. Mudiay doesn’t have the work ethic or basketball IQ to ever be a consistently good NBA player.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/19/2018  9:56 AM
JamesKPolk wrote:
Uptown wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Uptown wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Uptown - you keepasking why I don'tlike Midiay? Rewind and watch the last 6 posessions.

It's a mixed bag with him...he made a great pass to Knox cutting to the basket, then turned it over on the next...I get it...but again, he is making the mistakes you would expect a 22 yr old who never made college ball to make.

Guys who take a little longer to figure it out tend to have at least one bedrock/anchor skill set that keeps them in a rotation.

Does he even have an average three point shot? If the answer is No , then he's not working hard enough. You can improve your long range shooting with attrition and grind it out hard work.

Is he in elite physical condition? If the answer is No ( it's No), then he's not working hard enough. You can be in elite physical condition by choice.

It would be one thing if you saw a developmental trajectory over time. I.E. Mudiay getting a little better each season at something. Is that happening? So why should it happen now?

The job is there to take. He's not taking it with his play. He also seems to not understand that the team needs him to get to the rim.

On Ebay, sometimes people sell junk lots. They buy out an abandoned storage unit at auction, then try to sell the bigger pieces. Some of the scrap at the end, what's left, the assorted random crap, gets thrown in a box and sometimes people bid a few bucks on it. Often it's NOT worth even the shipping.

Some of you guys are hoping for change from a player who has never shown change. For years. Across multiple teams.

He's at least improved in 2 areas: He has a career 36% FG from the field, he is currently shooting 50% from the field. Mudiay is also finishing much better at the rim....Still a long way to go for him. It's possible that Mudiay's window may have closed, its alo possible that he can still turn it around...He has a coach that hasn't written him off and seems to believe in him which is leading to Mudiay playing with more confidence so we shall see...

This. He has flaws in his game and if he's the best we come up with its suboptimal. But in an effort to boost Frank, we've developed ridiculous standards on this board. No one wants to be accused of not knowing the importance of defense so things like fg% are irrelevant now(especially since frank is good at the former and exceptionally bad at the latter). Muiday or Burke have good games..oh but they messed up a play in the 4th quarter so they are useless. Frank has a horrid game but makes a nice stop or hits a shot, its see he us going to be great.

Here's a question, if Frank were to be traded would we get a 1st rounder in the top half of the draft back? If we did a redraft would he go 8 still?

Great points here!!! There is definitely a double standard by some posters on this board when it comes to defending Frank and knocking Burke and Mudiay. Mudiay is 22 years old and has shown improvement, but since he wasn't drafted by us, he is treated like an outcast who's window is already closed. Yet, I've seen posters claim that Frank can develop at a Chauncey Billups pace, yet, Mudiay isn't afforded the same luxury.

Mudiay hasn’t improved at all and has been in the league for 4 seasons now.

We really need to stop treating every young player like he has potential to be great. Mudiay doesn’t have the work ethic or basketball IQ to ever be a consistently good NBA player.

The bolded could be true....But, the perfect storm is in front of him...He has a chance this season, perhaps a final chance to prove that he can be a good player because he finally has a coach who is in his corner, he has a franchise that's rebuilding and literally begging someone to take over the pg position...If he can't make it happen this year and take advantage of this situation, then may end up a journeymen and will bounce around from team to team until he's bounced from the league...

No one said Mudiay has the potential to be great, not sure where that's coming from...But, the same applies for Frank as well...

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/19/2018  10:03 AM
What is the baseline about him improving or not in his three years?
We do hold Frank to a very high level and a high level of hope because of his age.
Mudiay we are brutal on.
Same for Hardaway because of the money.
nykshaknbake
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #492
11/19/2018  10:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/19/2018  10:43 AM
Nalod wrote:What is the baseline about him improving or not in his three years?
We do hold Frank to a very high level and a high level of hope because of his age.
Mudiay we are brutal on.
Same for Hardaway because of the money.

There's definitely high hope for Frank. But there is not a high level or bar. I think Crush posted an article that had a takeaway that if he struggles at 20 minutes it must be confidence that 30+ minutes would fix...so the more he sucks the more playing time he deserves. People have stated here he has a good shot and has proved he can shoot, while being one of the worst shooters in the NBA. Frank does D well, but its stated as gospel that he does many things very well, without stating what any of those are. I would argue that most here would say Frank has or will have a successful season and prove his worth regardless of his play or improvement and that's lunacy.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/19/2018  11:48 AM
Uptown wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I forget whether it was the last Locked On Knicks or Knicks Wall podcast, but they presented numbers that suggested Mudiay's percentage around the rim was still in 50% range, which is still bad. I know, that surprised me too. I thought he was shooting much better from there. I don't remember much from that segment of the podcast, but I think the main point was that Mudiay was shooting better from the paint/mid-range area. That's cool, but as we've seen with Burke, those usually aren't spots on the floor that you can expect players to remain viable over the course of the seaaon. He might prove everyone wrong. But the guy has been inconsistent, so you can't blame people for being skeptical.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/19/2018  12:34 PM
I still go back to basic requirements for Fiz are develop young guys, establish defensive ID and install offensive system.

He is partially ok on the young guy piece but is now failing on defensive/offensive system fronts.

These are such obvious failures it does make me believe/suspect that we are just tanking.

Best way to tank is to keep changing line-ups / rotations because the more you change the more nobody knows what is going on --- confusion in terms of offensive execution and rotations.

If we are tanking - ok but if it is at the cost of a defensive ID and putting in an "unselfish" system -- that's a bad idea.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/19/2018  12:37 PM
Plus - if you want to tank - put all the defensive players on floor at same time (no offense) and all the offensive players on the floor at same time (no defense) -- it's almost obvious that Fiz is just playing pin the tail on the donkey - almost creating poor play with his rotations.
Game Thread: keep the Tank rolling, do you believe in Tragic?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy