[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wheel Chair Classic!!!
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/17/2004  9:16 PM
I know it was an exibition type game but from the real on the Knicks official website.....it was a decent game.

Trevor Ariza is that dude.
He has a few awesome pics on the site from that game. Mark Jackson and Sam Cassell seemed in shock in the background of the pics....if someone could post them up that would be great.

To think Trevor Ariza is not in our immediate plans and the dude could really be ready for some serious minutes right now. Knicks have a really bright future.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/17/2004  10:53 PM
I'm praying this kid gets some PT next year. Hopefully, if Allan is still hurting next year, Penny will just backup Marbs and Craw and Ariza will get some minutes behind Timmy.
nykfan4life
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #742
USA
9/18/2004  1:21 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I'm praying this kid gets some PT next year. Hopefully, if Allan is still hurting next year, Penny will just backup Marbs and Craw and Ariza will get some minutes behind Timmy.

When I saw Ariza play in the Summer League games he was very smooth with his moves, has nice hops. He wasn't afraid to go the basket, rebounded well, defense was ok, and he has a nice jumper, along with a good attitude on the court. He showed that he will work hard for a playing time as well.
Sweetney showed good improvement in his defense, his moves to the basket, his rebounding , but needs to work on a jump shot. He has good work ethic as well.
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
9/18/2004  1:33 PM

here are the pics...ariza is lookin good in da pics
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
MaTT4281
USA
9/18/2004  1:57 PM
The Artest pic is pretty nice.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/18/2004  3:22 PM
Nice! I have hopes for Ariza. Oddly, if you go to the article at nyknicks.com, Artest apparently has high hopes for Jamison Brewer?!?!....

http://www.nba.com/knicks/community/wheelchair_040915.html

According to Artest, new Knicks point Jamison Brewer -- Ronnie’s teammate in Indiana -- is going to be an enormous part of that. “That kid is so athletic you are not going to believe it,” he said. “He’s good. Real good defensively. I know I hate to play against him. During the NBA Playoffs, Chauncey Billups only scored 6 points on him. He’ll be second team All-NBA on defense within two years. I don’t know why he didn’t play more with the Pacers. I checked it out: the ten games he played real minutes for us at Indiana, we were 9-1.”

Also, Steph was interviewed and continued to talk about an uptempo game, which if Ariza and Brewer pan out, should be deep...

New York super-guard Stephon Marbury was also present but did not play. “After the Olympics, I’m taking a rest,” he said. “Then tomorrow I’m leaving for L. A., get myself and my body all together, and start workouts in preparation for the season. The Olympic experience was a real positive in teaching me how to become an even better leader for my team. I think you are going to see a completely different Knicks team this year. With Jamal Crawford, we’ll be deeper and better. He’s so versatile -- he can move between the ‘one’ and the ‘two’ -- he’ll be another excellent piece to the puzzle. The benefit of the entire team and coaching staff being together for training camp will be invaluable. Our whole system, our concepts, will be completely different. And yes, I expect to play faster. Bigtime. That’s what (Coach) Lenny (Wilkens) wants, and that’s what we want: more easy baskets. It’s going to make us better, it’s going to make us more versatile and efficient. You are going to see a far more up-and-down-the-court style.”

¿ △ ?
MaTT4281
USA
9/19/2004  9:55 AM
Ok, if Brewer is supposed to be this impressive, and if Houston is still hurting the first couple weeks or so, does Brewer get worked into the 3 guard rotation with Craw and Marbs?
Probably not as many minutes as Houston, but would he be given enough to be productive?
Wheel Chair Classic!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy