[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks start Trier, Pelicans Fear.....
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

11/16/2018  11:28 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:48 baskets...15 assists

Is this any kind of record?

Pelicans had 48 baskets, too...with 27 assists.

Said it earlier in the year...I don't see a consistent offensive philosophy so far.

Would love to know how our assist to basket ratio stands up to other teams.

I posted in another thread We are dead last whether or not you look at assists to baskets made OR attempted. That’s just a fact. Hopefully it improves

It’s iso heavy like we haven’t seen before. We are supposed to be holding players accountable for D but we experiment w defensive studs like Hezonja Burke mudiay and kanter and are worse as a team than under hornacek even though dot has been getting time this year and we have Mitch (both guys get after it)

We have a lot of work to do. Players coaches and FO

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/16/2018  11:34 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:Fizzdale struggle closing games

Two best players in this game is wearing blue...Davis and Holiday imposing their will

No we are letting them do that by not playing defense

Nobody in a knock uni is stopping Davis

So we just don’t play the game because they have the studs?

Another lead vaporized

Our D is worse than hornacek’s last year. That’s just a fact

I hope it changes but ur a cuckoo bird if u think fizz is doing well at the end of the game

Fiz is learning his team. The Knicks started 3 rookies. D was supposed to suck and it was supposed to be a tank line up. The rooks played great. Tim was great. No Mario was great. Fiz gets time with his team and they are better.

This is what I’m hoping for. I am seriously hoping he figures
Out how
To close a game as much or more so than who is in starting line up

I hate celts but they’re successful and their mantra is it’s not who starts but who
Finishes

Young players have to learn how to close out games. Playoff teams have to learn how to beat that team that always knocks them out. The Knicks are really young and were in this game until the final minute. I don't know if there is a coach that pushes this team over the top against veteran playoff talent. I think that is an unrealistic expectation.

A lot
Of what you say is true. But at the moment this coach has yet to call a play after a time out that I said awesome. All season

Fizz brings energy and I hope development but his game time decisions have plagued him

Fingers crossed he like the rest of the team accepts criticism and grows

(5)(5)
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/16/2018  11:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/17/2018  12:17 AM
Chandler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:48 baskets...15 assists

Is this any kind of record?

Pelicans had 48 baskets, too...with 27 assists.

Said it earlier in the year...I don't see a consistent offensive philosophy so far.

Would love to know how our assist to basket ratio stands up to other teams.

I posted in another thread We are dead last whether or not you look at assists to baskets made OR attempted. That’s just a fact. Hopefully it improves

It’s iso heavy like we haven’t seen before. We are supposed to be holding players accountable for D but we experiment w defensive studs like Hezonja Burke mudiay and kanter and are worse as a team than under hornacek even though dot has been getting time this year and we have Mitch (both guys get after it)

We have a lot of work to do. Players coaches and FO

Yup...I looked at some of the numbers, and we really fall short on the assist to basket made ratio.

I'm too caught up in politics these days, and have not posted much. Had not seen the “Pass the ball man” - Clyde thread from a few days ago...clearly others, besides me, see this as an issue.

You are correct about the ISO heavy game we seem to be playing.

Frustrating.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/16/2018  11:37 PM
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Two best players in this game is wearing blue...Davis and Holiday imposing their will

So we just don’t play the game because they have the studs?

Another lead vaporized

Our D is worse than hornacek’s last year. That’s just a fact

I hope it changes but ur a cuckoo bird if u think fizz is doing well at the end of the game

Fiz is learning his team. The Knicks started 3 rookies. D was supposed to suck and it was supposed to be a tank line up. The rooks played great. Tim was great. No Mario was great. Fiz gets time with his team and they are better.

This is what I’m hoping for. I am seriously hoping he figures
Out how
To close a game as much or more so than who is in starting line up

I hate celts but they’re successful and their mantra is it’s not who starts but who
Finishes

Young players have to learn how to close out games. Playoff teams have to learn how to beat that team that always knocks them out. The Knicks are really young and were in this game until the final minute. I don't know if there is a coach that pushes this team over the top against veteran playoff talent. I think that is an unrealistic expectation.

A lot
Of what you say is true. But at the moment this coach has yet to call a play after a time out that I said awesome. All season

Fizz brings energy and I hope development but his game time decisions have plagued him

Fingers crossed he like the rest of the team accepts criticism and grows

Great points. The after time out play calls haven't been that good.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/16/2018  11:39 PM
Hahaba hahahaha hahahahahahaha

That game was laughable bad.

Bad coaching, bad substitution, we basically handed them the game...

Are we loosing on purpose? It sure looked like fiz threw this game on purpose.

You’d have to be a idiot of a coach to let a aweful team like the Pels come back

Haha ahahaha baaaa hahaha

I mean Mudiay actually played a great game, why on earth do you pull him in the end... for our worst defensive guard in Burke.

Zion here we come

Fiz keep up the aweful coaching

CrushAlot
USA
11/16/2018  11:45 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Hahaba hahahaha hahahahahahaha

That game was laughable bad.

Bad coaching, bad substitution, we basically handed them the game...

Are we loosing on purpose? It sure looked like fiz threw this game on purpose.

You’d have to be a idiot of a coach to let a aweful team like the Pels come back

Haha ahahaha baaaa hahaha

I mean Mudiay actually played a great game, why on earth do you pull him in the end... for our worst defensive guard in Burke.

Zion here we come

Fiz keep up the aweful coaching

Mudiay has had a lot Dumb moments in the final minutes of close games. I eanted to see Mudiay finish to see if he could finish a game without being a big reason why the team lost the game inthe final game. If I just wanted to play the point that gave me the best chance of winning I play Burke.
fitzfarm

11/16/2018  11:58 PM
Mitch
Knox
Zo
Thjr
Mudiay

Started the game great.

CrushAlot
USA
11/17/2018  12:00 AM
fitzfarm wrote:Mitch
Knox
Zo
Thjr
Mudiay

Started the game great.

Yes.
fitzfarm

11/17/2018  12:01 AM
If we had
Mitch
Kp
Knox
Thjr
Mudiay

We win by 15

If we had
Mitch
Kp
Durant
Thjr
Mudiay

We win by 30

fitzfarm

11/17/2018  12:03 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Mitch
Knox
Zo
Thjr
Mudiay

Started the game great.

Yes.

It’s definitely something to build on... like giving the three rooks the time

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

11/17/2018  12:43 AM
fitzfarm wrote:If we had
Mitch
Kp
Knox
Thjr
Mudiay

We win by 15

If we had
Mitch
Kp
Durant
Thjr
Mudiay

We win by 30

No.

And no.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
fitzfarm

11/17/2018  12:47 AM
JamesKPolk wrote:
Mitch
Kp
Knox
Thjr
Mudiay

We win by 15

If we had
Mitch
Kp
Durant
Thjr
Mudiay

We win by 30

No.

And no.

So.... we lose hahaha

fitzfarm

11/17/2018  12:51 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
Mitch
Kp
Knox
Thjr
Mudiay

We win by 15

If we had
Mitch
Kp
Durant
Thjr
Mudiay

We win by 30

No.

And no.

So.... we lose hahaha

The only way we lose to the pels with kp would be because he gets a game ending injury ... with proper substitution we should have won by 10 plus pts ... the pels are in worse shape then us they are BAD

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

11/17/2018  1:33 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
Mitch
Kp
Knox
Thjr
Mudiay

We win by 15

If we had
Mitch
Kp
Durant
Thjr
Mudiay

We win by 30

No.

And no.

So.... we lose hahaha

The only way we lose to the pels with kp would be because he gets a game ending injury ... with proper substitution we should have won by 10 plus pts ... the pels are in worse shape then us they are BAD

Bro, the Pelicans are a playoff bubble team with a top 5 player in the league.

The Knicks aren’t a good team and are playing to develop young players. Not sure why that’s hard to grasp.

KP wouldn’t do much more for this team. Look around the league. The Knicks need more talent to compete. KP alone doeant do anything.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
Gudris
Member: #6213

11/17/2018  2:10 AM
Kp can close the games atleast
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
11/17/2018  5:43 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:we are in full tank mode..fizdale is not trying to win games at all, he botched that 4th quarter rotation on purpose. he kept flipping burke for frank (defense/offense) like it was a couple possessions left, when it was actually 4 MINS, than through mudiay in there for 2 min,

that kanter sht is reminding me MORE AND MORE of the gasol drama. We are getting destroyed on the boards, and you leave your best rebounder on the bench, like mitch was really doing something.

Cmon now, this is full tank mode, this is not how you coach to win games

Who CARES?

What the fck is Kanter going to do for the future of this team? Why do you care so much about a guy who will not be here next year? What important games are we winning right now?

This is madness. Just sit back, enjoy the young kid and the rebuild and stop going nuts after every game.

knicks 1248 doesnt believe in building through youth and the draft. He feels the veterans and a few extra wins will lure top free agents

More Kanter probably helps the tank. He's just so irredeemably bad on D. I'm willing to sacrafice some tank to get Mitchell robinson some burn. As far as PG, I'd say its wide open. Mudiay seems to be leading the pack, though he certainly doesn't stop me from looking for his replacement. If Frank doesn't start showing signs of improvement as a PG, it's time to groom him to be a SG who could guard 3 positions.
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
11/17/2018  5:48 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Just need that 1 superstar to win these games. KP!!!! hope you come back soon

Wait, are you saying the NBA is a superstar league?!

Sadly. Yes. The way we are right now....we have a very good 2nd banana in THJR and some nice young parts. Really need that player that the other team has to worry about.

One thing about frank..I think he is better fit with KP since he really knows ho to setup the player in the mid post.

Hopefully thj can be a 3rd banana. We've seen the hot and cold al9t last season, but perhaps he can prove me wrong. I think I saw in five thirty eight that KP **** 8% worse with Frank. They attributed to defenses sagging off Frank to help with KP.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/17/2018  6:40 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:we are in full tank mode..fizdale is not trying to win games at all, he botched that 4th quarter rotation on purpose. he kept flipping burke for frank (defense/offense) like it was a couple possessions left, when it was actually 4 MINS, than through mudiay in there for 2 min,

that kanter sht is reminding me MORE AND MORE of the gasol drama. We are getting destroyed on the boards, and you leave your best rebounder on the bench, like mitch was really doing something.

Cmon now, this is full tank mode, this is not how you coach to win games

Who CARES?

What the fck is Kanter going to do for the future of this team? Why do you care so much about a guy who will not be here next year? What important games are we winning right now?

This is madness. Just sit back, enjoy the young kid and the rebuild and stop going nuts after every game.

knicks 1248 doesnt believe in building through youth and the draft. He feels the veterans and a few extra wins will lure top free agents

More Kanter probably helps the tank. He's just so irredeemably bad on D. I'm willing to sacrafice some tank to get Mitchell robinson some burn. As far as PG, I'd say its wide open. Mudiay seems to be leading the pack, though he certainly doesn't stop me from looking for his replacement. If Frank doesn't start showing signs of improvement as a PG, it's time to groom him to be a SG who could guard 3 positions.

If Frank could hit a damn 3 that would still be valuable
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/17/2018  6:51 AM
KP last we saw was still. Young and learning has no. 1 Role. He was learning to close out games.
Just because we have a lead does not mean we handed them the game. THat is a decent team with a top 5 player in the league. At the moment he is better than Giannis. Take the glass full route and find that:
After two dreadful games this one was down to the wire.
They were competitive for most of the game.
Knox and RObinson did good enough.
If you saw what frank was doing you pray his shot starts falling. If you don’t understand what he was doing then it makes one unhappy.
If you did not enjoy that game because of the outcome then I understand. It’s too bad because they are interesting despite that. To me at least.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/17/2018  7:35 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

You need to stop the ball getting to Davis, and yes we have players that can do something about that.too bad they are planted on the bench watching trey burke stand and watch Holiday run circles around him

Fiz been subbing Frank and Burke in out on offensive and defensive possessions...he is doing his part...at some point the players have to make plays...the better players which were Davis and Holiday made the plays...

Yeah he started that after giving up a 10 point lead and going down 3. Already way too late. And subbing in and out doesn't work, you need to leave them in there. Knox did absolutely nothing in Q4 yet he was on the floor the whole time. That's poor coaching

Fiz said he wanted to see how the rooks responded in that situation. If the Knicks are trying to get home court in the east that is poor coaching. If the Knicks are scraping and focusing on development that is good coaching.

OK then he needs to start the three rookies along with Frank and Boobies the rest of the way. Non need to start anyone else at any point in the season. I am good with that.

Why do you insist on Frank starting when Mudiay has outplayed him since returning to the lineup? It's clear that your problem with Fiz is directly linked to Frank...

Game Thread: Knicks start Trier, Pelicans Fear.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy