[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fire Fizdale NOW!
Author Thread
FireHornacek
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7584

11/14/2018  10:38 PM
Does Bill Belichick put Tom Brady in the game at 6:05 of the second quarter?
Of course he doesn't because he is not a moron.

But Fizdale would have Brady come off the bench.

WHY DIDN'T FIZDALE START KANTER AGAINST ADAMS?

Because he's a moron, that's why.

My God, Kanter against his friend Adams at the start of the game would have kept us in the game. Instead Fiz wanted to see Mitchell Robinson against Adams. Fiz couldn't figure out that Robinson would get chewed up and spit out against Adams...and game over for Knicks. Fiz is a schmuck. Even Todd Bowles would have known to start Kanter in OKC against his old team, against big banger Adams. Fizdale is a schmuck. I swear at this point I want Todd Bowles to coach the Knicks.

We all know Fiz is treating the entire 2018/2019 season as one long training camp. Different starting line ups every night, different combinations on the court every night, veterans ride the bench so Fiz can look at youth... Every game is a pre-season exhibition game for Fizdale. I say F**K that! I want to watch a real game, not a Fizdale scrimmage. Kanter should be starting. Fizdale should be fired. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This dope would do a better job than Fizdale. Hire him, Fire Fizdale!

AUTOADVERT
JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

11/14/2018  11:05 PM
I assume this is a troll account.
"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/15/2018  12:41 AM
JamesKPolk wrote:I assume this is a troll account.

No... He is a Goblin. Trolls are big and ugly... like Adams

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

11/15/2018  2:06 AM

Regardless. I would like to see some normality to our lineups. Some of these substitution patterns are not making sense.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/15/2018  7:48 AM
Sangfroid wrote:

Regardless. I would like to see some normality to our lineups. Some of these substitution patterns are not making sense.

Fiz gave everyone a chance. They are inconsistent and teams are adjusting.

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/15/2018  8:55 AM
we look like the "BAD NEWS BEARS" of the NBA.
ES
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/15/2018  9:06 AM
I will agree that Robinson looked small next to Adams, and we probably should be starting Kanter.

However, Fiz is the best coach we've had since Riley.

We have a bunch of players that are marginally decent, all with different flaws. We don't have 8 stand out better than the rest players.

And they're young.

They need to learn, become stronger and develop.

Fiz is doing that.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/15/2018  9:38 AM
No...lets fire firehornacek
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/15/2018  9:52 AM
Not sure if you actually watched the game but when Kanter did come in their lead increased quite a bit. Some posters say things on this forum just to get a response and piss people off. FireHonecek is one of the best at this. Take everything he says with a grain of salt.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/15/2018  10:12 AM
Uptown wrote:No...lets fire firehornacek

ha ha

(5)(5)
Chandler

11/15/2018  10:13 AM
BigRedDog wrote:Not sure if you actually watched the game but when Kanter did come in their lead increased quite a bit. Some posters say things on this forum just to get a response and piss people off. FireHonecek is one of the best at this. Take everything he says with a grain of salt.

+ 1. Despite Kanter's size he was abused. He was particularly bad on PnR

(5)(5)
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/15/2018  10:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2018  11:49 AM
Stupid thread but, benching boobies was a bad move. There is no real justification to start Kevin Knox, unless you are a fan of watching him run into people
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/15/2018  11:25 AM
What, already??? Start Kanter? you mean give a carrier one way bench player who is an established vet a starting job for the rest of the season over our center of the future? in a rebuilding lottery season? To get more wins? or what? uuummm, okey
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/15/2018  11:31 AM
Chandler wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:Not sure if you actually watched the game but when Kanter did come in their lead increased quite a bit. Some posters say things on this forum just to get a response and piss people off. FireHonecek is one of the best at this. Take everything he says with a grain of salt.

That's being generous, he's god awful, and the worst part is he doesn't communicate at fckng all..that causes a breakdown from all over the place..

But look at how the pacers, magic raptors, and OKC has shredded us primarily with the 3 ball and P/R, which is the staple of damn near every teams offense.

Mith is too young and raw, and kanter is to dumb and slow

ES
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/15/2018  12:02 PM
ramtour420 wrote:What, already??? Start Kanter? you mean give a carrier one way bench player who is an established vet a starting job for the rest of the season over our center of the future? in a rebuilding lottery season? To get more wins? or what? uuummm, okey

+1
Amazing that posters who whine about defense want to watch Kanter because he's an empty double double machine.

FireJimmyDolan!

Chandler

11/15/2018  12:18 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

That's being generous, he's god awful, and the worst part is he doesn't communicate at fckng all..that causes a breakdown from all over the place..

But look at how the pacers, magic raptors, and OKC has shredded us primarily with the 3 ball and P/R, which is the staple of damn near every teams offense.

Mith is too young and raw, and kanter is to dumb and slow

You might want a chill pill. very amped up

Mitch has actually played very well on D (not perfect, but solid). He's been IMO very good on the PnR and could switch on a lot of players if we want that. Last night he got out muscled more than anything

(5)(5)
FireHornacek

11/15/2018  5:36 PM
franco12 wrote:Fiz is the best coach we've had since Riley.

I agree that Fizdale is the best coach we've had in a while. (Since D'Antoni, not since Riley.)

But my point is a sound one -- he is treating the entire season as though every game is a pre-season exhibition game. "Let's try these guys together...let's give this guy a start...let's try this rook against an elite vet and see how the rook handles things..." Folks, that is not what a head coach for a professional team does!

You all say Fiz must develop these players. F that! College, D-league, AAU, fathers, friends...they are there to develop players.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/15/2018  5:56 PM
FireHornacek wrote:
franco12 wrote:Fiz is the best coach we've had since Riley.

I agree that Fizdale is the best coach we've had in a while. (Since D'Antoni, not since Riley.)

But my point is a sound one -- he is treating the entire season as though every game is a pre-season exhibition game. "Let's try these guys together...let's give this guy a start...let's try this rook against an elite vet and see how the rook handles things..." Folks, that is not what a head coach for a professional team does!

You all say Fiz must develop these players. F that! College, D-league, AAU, fathers, friends...they are there to develop players.

In order to become the best one has to play against the best. Its the fastest way to learn. Its not often that a team would have an opportunity like this to give em rookies all the grind they could handle. "fathers,friends..." Really? grandfathers maybe?

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

11/15/2018  6:15 PM
FireHornacek wrote:WHY DIDN'T FIZDALE START KANTER AGAINST ADAMS?

From what I'm hearing around the league, Kanter tried in the off season to get a long term extension done. There was even some ridiculous flash in the pan articles planted by his agent that he might opt out and test the market. Once he's clear he's gone after this year, he's looking to drive up his counting stats to try to get a long term deal in FA. He's ignoring Fizdales game plan and directives on the court. It's basically mutiny.

The reason he's doing is the Knicks are short handed, so it's not like they can bench him forever. Also he has nothing to lose, if the coach and franchise sours on him, why does he care, he knows he's gone anyway. Both sides also know he's not going to move in any trade. barring some crazy ass Vlade Divac type **** at the last minute.

You'll see the same problem from Burke and, to a lesser degree, Trier. These guys want long term security. If they were two way players, they'd have it already, so the only strategy is to try to max out the raw numbers on the things they do well now.

You can't reward mutiny. I don't give a **** how bad things are on the court.

I wanted the Knicks to keep Pringles. Barring that, I think they just missed the boat on Kenny Atkinson. The Erik Spolestra story really shows much of the problem of coaching talent in the NBA. Players have a lot of power, esp the star players. Teams are hesitant to go for coaches who have never played in the NBA before. Because former players aren't treated with same disdain as non former players ( though they still get treated like ****) Word got out fast on Spolestra when he was a video assistant for Riley. Players would meet with him and want him to go over film with them. Players on OTHER TEAMS wanted to meet Spolestra and have him go over film with them. Spolestra is the best coach in the NBA right now and he's only there because Riley picked him out of the crowd, then protected him all throughout his career.

The problem is not Fizdale RIGHT NOW, it's the salary structure and format. Widespread use of non guaranteed contracts and a hard cap would curb much of these issues. Under the NFL model, Kanter would have been cut long long ago, and be in a team he could probably help, while other teams could address real needs and not play the game of waiting for a bad contract to die off.

The players have far too much power and it's creating massive problems in terms of teams trying to get better. There are no real consistent mechanisms for market correction.

FireHornacek

11/15/2018  6:36 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

You can't reward mutiny. I don't give a **** how bad things are on the court.

But you are overlooking the fact that Fizdale created this mutiny. "He can win a trophy as sixth man." What the hell is that crap?

Did you see the mutiny on the bench last night? Kanter was livid. And it wasn't over a defensive lapse from Frank The Frenchman. Kanter is being mistreated by Fiz. You can blame the salary/free agency/financial structures of the NBA, but you are still overlooking Fiz's role in this: relegating to the bench a guy who should be starting and logging 35 minutes on a sub-par team like the Knicks.

Fiz is more or less throwing games in order to "develop" players. F that! There are 82 f-ing games in the season. Fiz has no right to toss a whole season away. Basketball involves FANS! Don't you get that? Paying customers. Paying cable TV subscribers. We should not be saddled with watching pre-season basketball for six and a half months!

Try to win the game! With Mitch Robinson against Adams (and Knox making his very first start {against OKC in OKC, for f***'s sake!}) we had no chance at all to win that game.

Fire Fizdale NOW!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy