[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: Knicks v OKC, new lineup again (Knox, Mudiay IN)
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/14/2018  12:26 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/14/2018  12:48 PM
I can't really argue with Fiz trying this line-up out.

Love Frank and Dotson but hopefully they will get some burn off-bench together.

Manny will at least push pace and get into paint (tbd if he will know what to do once there) and let's see what Knox has now.

I like that we now have 2 legit scoring options with Timmy/Knox and at least a more aggressive Mudiay --- also like defensive/rebounding/shot-blocking that Vonleh/Mitch could provide.

Fiz basically pinning the tail on the donkey.

After all this - I do wish he'd stayed with frank but I do see his issue with frank's tentativeness at the moment.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

11/14/2018  1:10 PM
martin wrote:

Thanks for posting.

Looks ugly. No not Rebecca. Would like to see Frank, Dot, Timmy, Knox, Kanter.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/14/2018  1:27 PM
Is this permanent of is Fiz sparing Frank from westbrook destruction?
I preach patience so I too will be with Mudiay. Be interesting to see who gets the minutes and where for the next 5 games.
Im ok with Knox getting the nod. Time to push thru.
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

11/14/2018  1:30 PM
I have no issue. I’ve said many times it’s time for Mudiay to get his shot as well as Knox. I expect lineup to change multiple times in a rebuilding year and I like that. I like all these young guys getting their shot
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/14/2018  2:26 PM
martin wrote:

dude...wtf? You post a Rebecca tweet and no Rebecca pic?

Don't like the Frank demotion but I see where he is coming from. Surprised with the boobies demotion.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/14/2018  2:50 PM
I called it in another thread that Knox would be starting in a week or so...The last several games our starters have been struggling to score. To make matters worse, the Rapts abd Magic scored at will vs our supposed defensive starting unit. If they aint gonna stop anyone, what's the point.

Either way, we have a roster full of bench and role players so I expect line up shuffling all year...

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/14/2018  3:23 PM
Uptown wrote:I called it in another thread that Knox would be starting in a week or so...The last several games our starters have been struggling to score. To make matters worse, the Rapts abd Magic scored at will vs our supposed defensive starting unit. If they aint gonna stop anyone, what's the point.

Either way, we have a roster full of bench and role players so I expect line up shuffling all year...

I can understand the argument for taking Frank. I don't agree, but I understand. I'm confused about Dot. He's been consistent on D and his hasn't been a disaster. If anything, he should more aggressive.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/14/2018  4:34 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:I called it in another thread that Knox would be starting in a week or so...The last several games our starters have been struggling to score. To make matters worse, the Rapts abd Magic scored at will vs our supposed defensive starting unit. If they aint gonna stop anyone, what's the point.

I can understand the argument for taking Frank. I don't agree, but I understand. I'm confused about Dot. He's been consistent on D and his hasn't been a disaster. If anything, he should more aggressive.

This. Not sure why Dotson is being pulled as a starter.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/14/2018  4:58 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Dotson did nothing in his first 10+ minutes last game and finished with 1 rebound and -19. He ahsn't shown enough to let that be okay. I think he is an asset but I have no problem hooking him

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/14/2018  5:12 PM
I would still like to see a reliable backcourt defender to stop the ball. With Frank and Dotson we had two although they went in funk on offense

Oh well, let's see how this plays out. Kind of curious to see THJ at the 2, and will be rooting for Knox to get some rhythm going

(5)(5)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/14/2018  5:19 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/14/2018  5:22 PM
Nalod wrote:Is this permanent of is Fiz sparing Frank from westbrook destruction?
I preach patience so I too will be with Mudiay. Be interesting to see who gets the minutes and where for the next 5 games.

Westbrook is out for this game

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/14/2018  5:27 PM
With more experimenting with starters Fiz send a clear message to all players that this is not about who is entitled to start but about team building. Honestly only Timmy is a starer and not even on every NBA team.
The rest of the dudes are bench players (sorry Enes) or unknowns.
So shuffle the deck hard coach!!!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
BigRedDog
Member: #569
11/14/2018  5:34 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Dotson is not a starter in this league at this time in his career and certainly NOT at SF.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/14/2018  5:45 PM
arkrud wrote:With more experimenting with starters Fiz send a clear message to all players that this is not about who is entitled to start but about team building. Honestly only Timmy is a starer and not even on every NBA team.
The rest of the dudes are bench players (sorry Enes) or unknowns.
So shuffle the deck hard coach!!!

agree with this. glad to see fiz continually trying out different players, groupings, approaches. gotta see who sticks with us going forward and who we jettison. and the L’s are all a bonus as far as this team’s future is concerned. i’m rooting for every young player to show as much improvement as they can.

LivingLegend
Member: #1645

11/14/2018  5:52 PM
Still hoping for Super Mario to get some extended minutes over 10-15 game span just to see if more minutes calms him down and he can maximize full offensive game.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/14/2018  6:01 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Is this permanent of is Fiz sparing Frank from westbrook destruction?

Westbrook is out for this game

Ugh. Then we have a better chance at winning. :-(

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/14/2018  6:08 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Dotson is not a starter in this league at this time in his career and certainly NOT at SF.

Knox isn't really a starter at this point either. The dude showed he can defend and rebound like a SF. You think Knox or Hezonja could've defended Kawhi like Dot did? His scoring took hit, but I believe that's more of an indictment on the offense overall. His job is to move without the ball, spot up and attack closeouts.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/14/2018  6:10 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:

dude...wtf? You post a Rebecca tweet and no Rebecca pic?

Don't like the Frank demotion but I see where he is coming from. Surprised with the boobies demotion.

What he said, word for word

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Gamethread: Knicks v OKC, new lineup again (Knox, Mudiay IN)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy