[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/11/2018  4:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/11/2018  4:42 PM
First and foremost, both Frank and Mudiay are playing like back-up guards on a good team at best....There's a good chance that neither one of them are the answer to our future pg question, but in the meantime, they are all we have and both have a chance to compete, gain experience and out-duel the other....

Over the last 5 games, here are Franks numbers: 6 pts, 4 asts, 1 rbd, 2 TO's, 31% fgs, 16% 3ptfg...Frank has been putrid on the offensive end, yet when we read the game thread of some of the threads here, we see the same excuses: He's only 20, he needs more experience or Chauncey Billups developed later on in his career so Frank has a chance to do the same.

Mudiay doesn't get the same treatment. Since when did 22 become old? So, Frank can develop like Billups but Mudiay can't? Obviously, Mudiay struggled in Denver, and last year he didn't look too good in his brief stint here. But nobody on the roster looked good last year playing in the toxic environment created by our former Prez and lame duck coach. Case and point, how much better does Hardaway and Dotson look this year as opposed to last year?

Over the last 5 games, here are Mudiays numbers: 10 pts, 3 asts, 4 rbds, 2 TO's, 47% fgs, 36% 3ptfg...I'm not a big Mudiay fan, but I call it like I see it...He has a better feel for running the point than Frank does and as light as Mudiay's numbers are, they are better than Franks and he has outplayed Frank since his return. Mudiay has a 15.34 PER compared to Franks 7.74 PER...To be fair, Mudiays PER are over 5-6 games while Franks covers the season.

I get it though, Frank was drafted by us and is homegrown while Mudiay was essentially picked up off the scrap heap and is considered an outsider. He will always be at a disadvantage. Just check the game threads, Mudiay can make 3 good plays in a row, as soon as he makes one bad pass, people are ready to send him down to the G league or its the same ole Mudiay from his Denver days when he was 20.... Homegrown or no, I want a pg who can put as much pressure on the defense as he can on the offense....In the end, Fiz has created a competitive environment and if this trend continues, Mudiay may and should take the reigns from Frank.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/11/2018  4:47 PM
Uptown wrote:First and foremost, both Frank and Mudiay are playing like back-up guards on a good team at best....There's a good chance that neither one of them are the answer to our future pg question, but in the meantime, they are all we have and both have a chance to compete, gain experience and out-duel the other....

Over the last 5 games, here are Franks numbers: 6 pts, 4 asts, 1 rbd, 2 TO's, 31% fgs, 16% 3ptfg...Frank has been putrid on the offensive end, yet when we read the game thread of some of the threads here, we see the same excuses: He's only 20, he needs more experience or Chauncey Billups developed later on in his career so Frank has a chance to do the same.

Mudiay doesn't get the same treatment. Since when did 22 become old? So, Frank can develop like Billups but Mudiay can't? Obviously, Mudiay struggled in Denver, and last year he didn't look too good in his brief stint here. But nobody on the roster looked good last year playing in the toxic environment created by our former Prez and lame duck coach. Case and point, how much better does Hardaway and Dotson look this year as opposed to last year?

Over the last 5 games, here are Mudiays numbers: 10 pts, 3 asts, 4 rbds, 2 TO's, 47% fgs, 36% 3ptfg...I'm not a big Mudiay fan, but I call it like I see it...He has a better feel for running the point than Frank does and as light as Mudiay's numbers are, they are better than Franks and he has outplayed Frank since his return. Mudiay has a 15.34 PER compared to Franks 7.74 PER...To be fair, Mudiays PER are over 5-6 games while Franks covers the season.

I get it though, Frank was drafted by us and is homegrown while Mudiay was essentially picked up off the scrap heap and is considered an outsider. He will always be at a disadvantage. Just check the game threads, Mudiay can may 3 good plays in a row, as soon as he makes one bad pass, people are ready to send him down to the G league or its the same ole Mudiay from his Denver days when he was 20.... In the end, Fiz has created a competitive environment and if this trend continues, Mudiay may and should take the reigns from Frank.

I think you're leaving out the defensive impact, which is night and day. I have no problem giving Mudiay a shot. There is going to be a lot of lineup shuffling this season. The reason Mudiay doesn't get the same treatment has been up and down for four seasons. If he continues his play, great! I personally don't expect much. But like coach said, you keep what you kill.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

11/11/2018  4:51 PM
There is no agenda against mudiay. In fact many were happy when he started playing better. However he has had a couple years more experience than frank so thats one reason why we might give frank some more pstience. Also frank has proven he can do so many other positive things even when he scoring is still a work in progress. Odds are mudiay wont be here next year and Frank will so it makes sense to let him go through the growing pains
Uptown

11/11/2018  4:59 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:First and foremost, both Frank and Mudiay are playing like back-up guards on a good team at best....There's a good chance that neither one of them are the answer to our future pg question, but in the meantime, they are all we have and both have a chance to compete, gain experience and out-duel the other....

I get it though, Frank was drafted by us and is homegrown while Mudiay was essentially picked up off the scrap heap and is considered an outsider. He will always be at a disadvantage. Just check the game threads, Mudiay can may 3 good plays in a row, as soon as he makes one bad pass, people are ready to send him down to the G league or its the same ole Mudiay from his Denver days when he was 20.... In the end, Fiz has created a competitive environment and if this trend continues, Mudiay may and should take the reigns from Frank.

I think you're leaving out the defensive impact, which is night and day. I have no problem giving Mudiay a shot. There is going to be a lot of lineup shuffling this season. The reason Mudiay doesn't get the same treatment has been up and down for four seasons. If he continues his play, great! I personally don't expect much. But like coach said, you keep what you kill.

I dont think its night and day at all...Could be wrong but I saw a stat on my phone the other day that implied that we are better when Mudiay is on the floor in most statistical categories....I'm trying to find it now...

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/11/2018  5:08 PM
the main question is who can improve more/better/faster/stronger

why are we even comparing the two of them? because what Frank brings on D is timeless. If he gets his offensive numbers to

47% fgs, 36% 3ptfg.
he instantly becomes an all star/max player. Offense can be developed while defensive instincts you either have or have not
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
StarksEwing1

11/11/2018  5:12 PM
ramtour420 wrote:the main question is who can improve more/better/faster/stronger

why are we even comparing the two of them? because what Frank brings on D is timeless. If he gets his offensive numbers to

47% fgs, 36% 3ptfg.
he instantly becomes an all star/max player. Offense can be developed while defensive instincts you either have or have not
exactly. I agree Frank is still a work in progress offensively but that can be imporoved. He is only 20. Even leonard and butler didnt have strong offensive numbers their first couple years but brought other things to the table. Not saying Frank will ever reach their level but I do think ina a year or 2 from now his offense will be much improved
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/11/2018  5:13 PM
this from before the raptors game.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

11/11/2018  5:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:this from before the raptors game.
To be fair its a pretty small sample size. Like I said im happy for mudiay and I have no problem with him getting a shot to start but I need to see a longer period success before I really buy in
Uptown

11/11/2018  5:23 PM

My man Crush!! I can always count on you to come through with the stats....I saw a different stat but this covers most of what I was trying to point out....Mudiay's defensive impact on the court is better than he's getting credit for...

StarksEwing1

11/11/2018  5:48 PM
Uptown wrote:

My man Crush!! I can always count on you to come through with the stats....I saw a different stat but this covers most of what I was trying to point out....Mudiay's defensive impact on the court is better than he's getting credit for...

Actually ive seen people give him credit when he has made good defensive plays. He has made good defensive plays but I wouldnt say he has figured it out as a defender yet. I would wait and see if he continues to well then you can maybe make a move
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/11/2018  6:35 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Actually ive seen people give him credit when he has made good defensive plays. He has made good defensive plays but I wouldnt say he has figured it out as a defender yet. I would wait and see if he continues to well then you can maybe make a move

Yeah, Mudiay usually gives effort more often times than not. It's the small details that kill it for him like making the wrong rotation, not closing off the opponents strong side on the close out, biting on pump fakes, etc. Fix has confidence in him, or at least he's expressed confidence to the media. We just need to see how it all plays out.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Uptown

11/11/2018  7:03 PM
Also, during Fiz introductory press conference, he made a point to single out Mudiay and literally said, "we gonna get you right." Fiz see's something in him and believes he can bring it out. Knowing you have the coach in your corner, there is no reason why Mudiay shouldn't be playing with confidence...
StarksEwing1

11/11/2018  7:16 PM
Uptown wrote:Also, during Fiz introductory press conference, he made a point to single out Mudiay and literally said, "we gonna get you right." Fiz see's something in him and believes he can bring it out. Knowing you have the coach in your corner, there is no reason why Mudiay shouldn't be playing with confidence...
I don’t think anybody disputes that. Many have brought up Fizdale talking about Mudiay during the press conference. Also he took frank Mudiay and Dotson to playoff games to show them what it’s like.
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/11/2018  9:47 PM
Uptown wrote:Mudiay doesn't get the same treatment. Since when did 22 become old?

Young NBA players typically make their largest developmental leaps ( barring massive injury or bizarre restriction of playing time) in the offseason of Year 1 and Year 2, and again in the offseason of Year 2 and Year 3. By the All Star break of Year 3, you tend to see 90 percent of what a player will give you for the rest of his career, without factoring typical age related decline.

The structure of NBA first round picks ( Basically 4 years before the RFA year) is set up around this reality. The previous system was three years guaranteed for rookies when the slotting system was created.

22 is not old or is very old in NBA terms depending on the players tenure. If you spent four years in college ball, you are still in your prime developmental window. But that you stayed so long often is an indicator of your level of talent. If you are 22 but was a one and done and entered the league at 19/20, that's a different story.

Some people will try to cite outliers. Yes, there are outliers, but usually those players showed at least one dominant to very marketable skill from the beginning.

ANYONE in the league could have had Mudiay for pretty much nothing. Was anyone rushing to get him? What does that say?

In pro sports, you have a very very very short time period to get over a very very very large learning curve. This is why most guys fail to make it.

Mudiay does nothing well. The Knicks PG job was and is up for grabs. Is he taking it with his play? Is he dominating to the point where no one can bench him? Well then, **** him. He's a JAG, what Parcells calls Just Another Guy.

People are cutting Frank N slack because he's still in his prime developmental window. Mudiay is not.

If Mudiay wants the job so bad, take it with his play. It's that simple. So many guys here seem to want to hand him something he has not earned. A few OK games isn't going to win you the job. If anything, Mudiay has proven he's not consistent.

The only reason anyone is having this discussion is the Knicks ****ed up their cap and have ****ty contracts no one wants. This is what happens when you **** up your cap sheet, you end up with journeymen and retreads for cheap because you can't spend on anything else.

Next time you see Mudiay fall down, think about Noah. Lee. Rose. Hardaway Jr. Melo. STAT. Bargs. Thomas. Think about every contract that was either too much or too long or both.

When Wayne Chrebet had his chance, the Green Lantern took it. He did it under an idiot like Rich Kotite. He often outplayed the first overall pick in his respective draft class in MeShawn. No one gave him ****, he took it. You want better "treatment", play in a way where no one can give you anything else. No one gave Chrebet ****, he took it. Mudiay is not even in elite physical condition. What does that say? Damn mother****er, it's your job, do some CrossFit. You can literally spend all day working on your game. You have access to the best training, the best facilities, the best coaching, the most resources possible. You think the Nuggets and Knicks wouldn't want Mudiay to be his best? If you need a sports shrink, they'll get you one. If you need better nutrition, they will make it happen. If you need medical care, you get the best in the entire world. But you have to want it bad enough and you have to put in the ****ing work.

When Tom Brady was the FOURTH QB on his own roster, when he was on the edge of his own roster, he was the first one in, the last one out. People said, this ****ing kid just works. He's always in the film room, he's always with the coaches, he's always talking to the veterans.

That Mudiay doesn't even have an effective league average three point shot, something a player can get with grind/attrition, should tell you something.

The ONLY good **** anyone has to say about Mudiay is what they parrot from Fizdale in some fluff answer to some bull**** interview. You know what speaks best? Your play. When your play speaks for you, no one has to speak up for you.

Mudiay is exactly like a 9 year old kid and his parents don't make him do chores and he still gets a fat allowance.

CrushAlot
USA
11/11/2018  10:03 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Uptown wrote:Mudiay doesn't get the same treatment. Since when did 22 become old?

Young NBA players typically make their largest developmental leaps ( barring massive injury or bizarre restriction of playing time) in the offseason of Year 1 and Year 2, and again in the offseason of Year 2 and Year 3. By the All Star break of Year 3, you tend to see 90 percent of what a player will give you for the rest of his career, without factoring typical age related decline.

The structure of NBA first round picks ( Basically 4 years before the RFA year) is set up around this reality. The previous system was three years guaranteed for rookies when the slotting system was created.

22 is not old or is very old in NBA terms depending on the players tenure. If you spent four years in college ball, you are still in your prime developmental window. But that you stayed so long often is an indicator of your level of talent. If you are 22 but was a one and done and entered the league at 19/20, that's a different story.

Some people will try to cite outliers. Yes, there are outliers, but usually those players showed at least one dominant to very marketable skill from the beginning.

ANYONE in the league could have had Mudiay for pretty much nothing. Was anyone rushing to get him? What does that say?

In pro sports, you have a very very very short time period to get over a very very very large learning curve. This is why most guys fail to make it.

Mudiay does nothing well. The Knicks PG job was and is up for grabs. Is he taking it with his play? Is he dominating to the point where no one can bench him? Well then, **** him. He's a JAG, what Parcells calls Just Another Guy.

People are cutting Frank N slack because he's still in his prime developmental window. Mudiay is not.

If Mudiay wants the job so bad, take it with his play. It's that simple. So many guys here seem to want to hand him something he has not earned. A few OK games isn't going to win you the job. If anything, Mudiay has proven he's not consistent.

The only reason anyone is having this discussion is the Knicks ****ed up their cap and have ****ty contracts no one wants. This is what happens when you **** up your cap sheet, you end up with journeymen and retreads for cheap because you can't spend on anything else.

Next time you see Mudiay fall down, think about Noah. Lee. Rose. Hardaway Jr. Melo. STAT. Bargs. Thomas. Think about every contract that was either too much or too long or both.

When Wayne Chrebet had his chance, the Green Lantern took it. He did it under an idiot like Rich Kotite. He often outplayed the first overall pick in his respective draft class in MeShawn. No one gave him ****, he took it. You want better "treatment", play in a way where no one can give you anything else. No one gave Chrebet ****, he took it. Mudiay is not even in elite physical condition. What does that say? Damn mother****er, it's your job, do some CrossFit. You can literally spend all day working on your game. You have access to the best training, the best facilities, the best coaching, the most resources possible. You think the Nuggets and Knicks wouldn't want Mudiay to be his best? If you need a sports shrink, they'll get you one. If you need better nutrition, they will make it happen. If you need medical care, you get the best in the entire world. But you have to want it bad enough and you have to put in the ****ing work.

When Tom Brady was the FOURTH QB on his own roster, when he was on the edge of his own roster, he was the first one in, the last one out. People said, this ****ing kid just works. He's always in the film room, he's always with the coaches, he's always talking to the veterans.

That Mudiay doesn't even have an effective league average three point shot, something a player can get with grind/attrition, should tell you something.

The ONLY good **** anyone has to say about Mudiay is what they parrot from Fizdale in some fluff answer to some bull**** interview. You know what speaks best? Your play. When your play speaks for you, no one has to speak up for you.

Mudiay is exactly like a 9 year old kid and his parents don't make him do chores and he still gets a fat allowance.

Mudiay is in the conversation because Frank is struggling so much. Knicks don't trade for Mudiay if they are confident the point guard of the future is on the roster.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/11/2018  11:39 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Mudiay is in the conversation because Frank is struggling so much. Knicks don't trade for Mudiay if they are confident the point guard of the future is on the roster.

Dont agree with this logic AT ALL.

Knicks had Trey, Frank and Jarrett Jack on the roster last year. We all know that Jack would not be long for the Knicks roster. Frank was one of the youngest guys in the league and there was no doubt from anyone that he would take time. Would he start to show his second year or third or later or if at all as a PG?

Trey Burke is also an iffy consideration for the Knicks. Had a decent half season with the Knicks but hasn't kept that magic going.

You still need PG bodies. Trade for them, sign them off the scrap heap. Frank is obviously not ready, but for me one thing has nothing to do with the other, especially when you think about the "condifdence" of the PG future.

I mean, it literally could have meant they wanted to take Mudiay for spin for a year and see what they had.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/12/2018  12:43 AM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Mudiay is in the conversation because Frank is struggling so much. Knicks don't trade for Mudiay if they are confident the point guard of the future is on the roster.

Knicks had Trey, Frank and Jarrett Jack on the roster last year. We all know that Jack would not be long for the Knicks roster. Frank was one of the youngest guys in the league and there was no doubt from anyone that he would take time. Would he start to show his second year or third or later or if at all as a PG?

Trey Burke is also an iffy consideration for the Knicks. Had a decent half season with the Knicks but hasn't kept that magic going.

You still need PG bodies. Trade for them, sign them off the scrap heap. Frank is obviously not ready, but for me one thing has nothing to do with the other, especially when you think about the "condifdence" of the PG future.

I mean, it literally could have meant they wanted to take Mudiay for spin for a year and see what they had.

You cannot find without trying to find.
To get sure thing players in NBA team need assets, cap space, and environment desired by top players.
After 15 years of mismanagement and disregard to logic Knicks had non of this sitting in the deep sht...hole.
Sitting and waiting until cap will clear was natural but in the meantime why not to try whatever is available for nothing?
You can get a serviceable player or an asses. Or you can get nothing and move on.
And you have to entertain fans for the time being with some hopes.
Business like usual for solid organization building from below ground zero.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
USA
11/12/2018  12:45 AM
martin wrote:

They wanted Elfrid Payton but the price was too high. They were targeting point guards at the deadline after picking a point in the lottery.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/12/2018  2:24 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:

They wanted Elfrid Payton but the price was too high. They were targeting point guards at the deadline after picking a point in the lottery.

Yup. You haven't really added anything. Payton and Mudiay the same thing.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
USA
11/12/2018  7:11 AM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:

Yup. You haven't really added anything. Payton and Mudiay the same thing.

They had Jack, Baker, Frank, and Burke. Do most teams target a fifth point guard at the deadline if they are set with their starter? By the end of the season 1/3 of the roster played point. You think the Knicks at the deadline were trying to trade for a former lottery pick, early twenties point guard because 4 bodies including a rookie lottery pick weren't enough for the position?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy