[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Woj: Melo & Rockets discussing role and future (11/15 update: Melo out)
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/11/2018  5:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
wargames wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
wargames wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Man, the melodrama is unnecessary, why even make that public, have some grace remember your on a TEAM. As a player, you should always put the team first. if they want you to come off the bench to help win more games you do it no questions asked.

I’m actually shocked at how fast his skills deteriorated, he’s only 34...it’s like he lost his killer instincts. He’s just a low fg% chucker now. Melo used to thrive at getting to the hoop and scoring inside, getting to the free throw line, his swagger as a player is gone, he just chucks long range low % shots...he needs to watch old clips of himself and see he’s not playing his style that made him a 10 time all star.. it was never his shooting ability, it was his scoring ability.

But at the same time, he didn’t fit into system in ny the first time why on earth would he think it would work this time. Also it’s not just melo who is falling apart on the rockets it’s the whole team.... they are playing terrible basketball.

The surgery he got a few years ago took away his quick first step. He could work as a PF but he would have to be willing to play inside, and I think the year he did that for us he injured his shoulder...... so no easy answers to his problem besides time is undefeated.

Definitely, if he can no longer be who he wants to be on the court. That’s a perfect reason to call it a career. If he left tomorrow he’d still be considered one of the greatest of all time, legacy would not be tarnished.

God time flies man, I still remember him winning a national championship with cuse like it was yesterday.

He could probably play for a few more seasons if his ego allowed him to be a vet/bench guy. Like Paul pierce was, but I doubt it. The media is the ones saying call it a career but I think he could still play if he wanted too. Though on top of all of that he has money so leaving now isn't out the idea cause his next contract would be less than mid level the way he is playing.

I think they want to give his minutes to Gordon and Clark. The Rockets are a mess. Their offense has been horrible. I don't know what they need to do to fix that team. Their problems are much bigger than moving on from Melo or bringing Bdzelik back.

Harden and Paul are having down years compared to last year. Paul shooting a career low 38% so far this year, and only 29 % from 3...Harden only shooting 41 % and he ain't getting to the line as much as years past.

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
11/11/2018  5:47 PM
It sounds more like he’s going to be traded than waived
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/11/2018  5:53 PM
smackeddog wrote:It sounds more like he’s going to be traded than waived

It's utterly incredible to me that a GM, about 10 games into a season, has to do a press thing like the below.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/11/2018  5:54 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
wargames wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Man, the melodrama is unnecessary, why even make that public, have some grace remember your on a TEAM. As a player, you should always put the team first. if they want you to come off the bench to help win more games you do it no questions asked.

I’m actually shocked at how fast his skills deteriorated, he’s only 34...it’s like he lost his killer instincts. He’s just a low fg% chucker now. Melo used to thrive at getting to the hoop and scoring inside, getting to the free throw line, his swagger as a player is gone, he just chucks long range low % shots...he needs to watch old clips of himself and see he’s not playing his style that made him a 10 time all star.. it was never his shooting ability, it was his scoring ability.

But at the same time, he didn’t fit into system in ny the first time why on earth would he think it would work this time. Also it’s not just melo who is falling apart on the rockets it’s the whole team.... they are playing terrible basketball.

The surgery he got a few years ago took away his quick first step. He could work as a PF but he would have to be willing to play inside, and I think the year he did that for us he injured his shoulder...... so no easy answers to his problem besides time is undefeated.

Definitely, if he can no longer be who he wants to be on the court. That’s a perfect reason to call it a career. If he left tomorrow he’d still be considered one of the greatest of all time, legacy would not be tarnished.

God time flies man, I still remember him winning a national championship with cuse like it was yesterday.

I'm willing to bet he's looking at that All-Time scoring list. He can potentially retire TOP 10 (before last year, I predicted he would finish 8th in front of Shaq).

I've watched a few games this season and the Houston Rockets are playing TERRIBLE basketball. It's easy to blame Melo, just because of his history, but he is DEFINITELY NOT the problem. The team has a whole is not shooting or defending well. Season is still too early for this type of panic, imo

Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/11/2018  5:56 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:It sounds more like he’s going to be traded than waived

It's utterly incredible to me that a GM, about 10 games into a season, has to do a press thing like the below.

Because the name "Carmelo Anthony" is automatic click bait.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/11/2018  6:37 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I'm not sure Melo's team leaked that out. Could have easily been Morey or . That said, we got the best player in the Enes Kanter trade. That alone shows how much Melo has fallen.

And that player is Mitch Robinson

Hahaha... I forgot we used that pick on Mitch. We traded one declining hall of famer for an up and coming legend!
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Uptown

11/11/2018  6:57 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
wargames wrote:

I'm willing to bet he's looking at that All-Time scoring list. He can potentially retire TOP 10 (before last year, I predicted he would finish 8th in front of Shaq).

I've watched a few games this season and the Houston Rockets are playing TERRIBLE basketball. It's easy to blame Melo, just because of his history, but he is DEFINITELY NOT the problem. The team has a whole is not shooting or defending well. Season is still too early for this type of panic, imo

Agreed

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/11/2018  7:01 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
wargames wrote:

Shooting 1-11 from the field. Can't hide him on defense, doesn't lead the ball - BUT HE IS NOT THE PROBLEM!
WOW just fukking WOW

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Uptown

11/11/2018  7:08 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
wargames wrote:

Shooting 1-11 from the field. Can't hide him on defense, doesn't lead the ball - BUT HE IS NOT THE PROBLEM!
WOW just fukking WOW

He's not the only problem...

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/11/2018  7:15 PM
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
wargames wrote:

WOW just fukking WOW

Read his post

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Uptown

11/11/2018  7:21 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
wargames wrote:

WOW just fukking WOW

Read his post

I did...I agreed with it until I re-read it...Melo is apart of the problem for sure, but Chris Paul is shooting a career low 39%...Harden aint putting up MVP numbers like he did the previous 2 years and is struggling with his shot as well....Their defense aint as good as it was last year, yet when the Media talks about the Rocket struggles, Melo is the first name they mention and that's unfair....

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/11/2018  8:37 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
wargames wrote:

WOW just fukking WOW

Read his post

I started following the rockets more when Lin went there. I follow their two beat writers on twitter and I read their forum on Clutchfans. The beat guys keep saying it isn't Melo and it isn't the d (Bdzelik, Ariza, Boute). The majority of the posters on Clutchfans aren't blaming Melo. The team is horrible on offense. They have had a couple of consecutive games where they didn't crack 100 points. That hadn't happened since Dantoni has been there.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
11/11/2018  8:44 PM
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/11/2018  8:50 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

ok melo. thanks for finding the one stat you excel at
CrushAlot
USA
11/11/2018  9:05 PM
Sounds like it a done deal.
Uptown

11/11/2018  9:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Sounds like it a done deal.

Whats done?

CrushAlot
USA
11/11/2018  9:12 PM
Uptown wrote:

Whats done?

Melo being waived. I went to check the box score on
My phone and there was a report on the app I use that Melo's time as a rocket is. Coming to an end. Not official.
Uptown

11/11/2018  10:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Whats done?

Melo being waived. I went to check the box score on
My phone and there was a report on the app I use that Melo's time as a rocket is. Coming to an end. Not official.

Wow! That would be crazy if its true....Melo is just a lightning rod for controversy...smh

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/11/2018  11:24 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/12/2018  2:42 AM
He should have listened to Phil and his coaching staff in NY
They put him in positions to succeed in isolation
All he needed to do was to move the ball more
Look at DeRozan in San Antonio how he is moving the ball more
Shame because everyone made such a big deal about his time here that last year but the way we were using him and allowing him to play the style he thrives in lol no one else is willing to do that for him

All he needed to do was move the ball quicker and make (take) the shot sooner than holding the ball too long.

Woj: Melo & Rockets discussing role and future (11/15 update: Melo out)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy