[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Woj: Melo & Rockets discussing role and future (11/15 update: Melo out)
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/10/2018  10:18 PM
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

11/10/2018  10:23 PM
LOL
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nyk2017
Member: #7538

11/10/2018  11:34 PM
We got rid of that garbage just in time. Can't believe Thunder got Schroedder for him. What a steal.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/10/2018  11:44 PM
nyk2017 wrote:We got rid of that garbage just in time. Can't believe Thunder got Schroedder for him. What a steal.

Thibs take a shot at washed up Melo? Lakers? Heat?

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/10/2018  11:46 PM
nyk2017 wrote:We got rid of that garbage just in time. Can't believe Thunder got Schroedder for him. What a steal.

It wasn’t in time....should have let him go to Bulls/Rockets years ago but I get your drift.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/10/2018  11:49 PM
Wow. I was hoping he would bounce back a bit playing with Paul. Sad to see his career end like this.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/11/2018  12:08 AM

We had him for 6 years? That would be 5 years too many.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
11/11/2018  12:34 AM
LivingLegend wrote:

It wasn’t in time....should have let him go to Bulls/Rockets years ago but I get your drift.

I didn't think he would decline so fast but the time to let him go was when Phil gave him the
NYC and trade kicker. Knicks got a year of dad Melo but that was it.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/11/2018  12:50 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

I didn't think he would decline so fast but the time to let him go was when Phil gave him the
NYC and trade kicker. Knicks got a year of dad Melo but that was it.

Agreed...Phil should have let him walk but made a mistake with the trade clause..still a Melo fan though, just didn't want him here anymore as it was time for a rebuild...hope he and the rockets work it out. Would like to see him get some playoff success before he retires.

smackeddog
Member: #883
11/11/2018  4:34 AM
He's completely in denial- where does he think he's going to start? No team wants him as a starter. I thought he could carve out a few years as a sixth man but he's deteriorated so much he can't even do that
Ira
Member: #91
11/11/2018  8:20 AM
It's not just that he's not good enough to start. His offense is no longer good enough to make up for his weak defense. And he wrecks a teams ball movement. He's as much a liability off the bench as he is as a starter. Richard Jefferson thinks Carmelo should begin his farewell tour. I think that's generous. Carmelo's a liability whenever he's on the court. The Rockets should work a settlement with him out so that he doesn't continue to hurt their team.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/11/2018  10:15 AM
Man, the melodrama is unnecessary, why even make that public, have some grace remember your on a TEAM. As a player, you should always put the team first. if they want you to come off the bench to help win more games you do it no questions asked.

I’m actually shocked at how fast his skills deteriorated, he’s only 34...it’s like he lost his killer instincts. He’s just a low fg% chucker now. Melo used to thrive at getting to the hoop and scoring inside, getting to the free throw line, his swagger as a player is gone, he just chucks long range low % shots...he needs to watch old clips of himself and see he’s not playing his style that made him a 10 time all star.. it was never his shooting ability, it was his scoring ability.

But at the same time, he didn’t fit into system in ny the first time why on earth would he think it would work this time. Also it’s not just melo who is falling apart on the rockets it’s the whole team.... they are playing terrible basketball.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/11/2018  10:28 AM
^ agree with this post. he was such a bully around the hoop - loved that part of his game. strong rebounder, quick bounce for 2nd shot. went further and further away from that game over time and instead featured his weaknesses. dude made sick money, he should retire and salvage what’s left of his celebrity to launch his other interests
wargames
Member: #6053

11/11/2018  10:35 AM
fitzfarm wrote:Man, the melodrama is unnecessary, why even make that public, have some grace remember your on a TEAM. As a player, you should always put the team first. if they want you to come off the bench to help win more games you do it no questions asked.

I’m actually shocked at how fast his skills deteriorated, he’s only 34...it’s like he lost his killer instincts. He’s just a low fg% chucker now. Melo used to thrive at getting to the hoop and scoring inside, getting to the free throw line, his swagger as a player is gone, he just chucks long range low % shots...he needs to watch old clips of himself and see he’s not playing his style that made him a 10 time all star.. it was never his shooting ability, it was his scoring ability.

But at the same time, he didn’t fit into system in ny the first time why on earth would he think it would work this time. Also it’s not just melo who is falling apart on the rockets it’s the whole team.... they are playing terrible basketball.

The surgery he got a few years ago took away his quick first step. He could work as a PF but he would have to be willing to play inside, and I think the year he did that for us he injured his shoulder...... so no easy answers to his problem besides time is undefeated.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/11/2018  11:51 AM
wargames wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Man, the melodrama is unnecessary, why even make that public, have some grace remember your on a TEAM. As a player, you should always put the team first. if they want you to come off the bench to help win more games you do it no questions asked.

The surgery he got a few years ago took away his quick first step. He could work as a PF but he would have to be willing to play inside, and I think the year he did that for us he injured his shoulder...... so no easy answers to his problem besides time is undefeated.

Definitely, if he can no longer be who he wants to be on the court. That’s a perfect reason to call it a career. If he left tomorrow he’d still be considered one of the greatest of all time, legacy would not be tarnished.

God time flies man, I still remember him winning a national championship with cuse like it was yesterday.

wargames
Member: #6053

11/11/2018  11:55 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
wargames wrote:

Definitely, if he can no longer be who he wants to be on the court. That’s a perfect reason to call it a career. If he left tomorrow he’d still be considered one of the greatest of all time, legacy would not be tarnished.

God time flies man, I still remember him winning a national championship with cuse like it was yesterday.

He could probably play for a few more seasons if his ego allowed him to be a vet/bench guy. Like Paul pierce was, but I doubt it. The media is the ones saying call it a career but I think he could still play if he wanted too. Though on top of all of that he has money so leaving now isn't out the idea cause his next contract would be less than mid level the way he is playing.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
mlby1215
Member: #6486

11/11/2018  1:59 PM
Melo got the modern offense he wanted but the modern offense does not want him.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/11/2018  4:38 PM

I'm not sure Melo's team leaked that out. Could have easily been Morey or . That said, we got the best player in the Enes Kanter trade. That alone shows how much Melo has fallen.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
USA
11/11/2018  5:20 PM
wargames wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
wargames wrote:

He could probably play for a few more seasons if his ego allowed him to be a vet/bench guy. Like Paul pierce was, but I doubt it. The media is the ones saying call it a career but I think he could still play if he wanted too. Though on top of all of that he has money so leaving now isn't out the idea cause his next contract would be less than mid level the way he is playing.

I think they want to give his minutes to Gordon and Clark. The Rockets are a mess. Their offense has been horrible. I don't know what they need to do to fix that team. Their problems are much bigger than moving on from Melo or bringing Bdzelik back.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/11/2018  5:26 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I'm not sure Melo's team leaked that out. Could have easily been Morey or . That said, we got the best player in the Enes Kanter trade. That alone shows how much Melo has fallen.

And that player is Mitch Robinson

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Woj: Melo & Rockets discussing role and future (11/15 update: Melo out)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy