https://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/22/magazine/22basketball-t.html
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/7/2018  4:13 PM
Read that all a few weeks back and love that picture. Same face he has today!
There is darker story to this kid as to why he fell from grace and not drafted. The PED's alone is not it unless it speaks to a character issue that his former standing is a stance of entitlement. That kid was the no. 1 prospect and he fell.
Now, do I care? Not really. I just don't want the knicks to invest in this kid and he scowls like Marbury when it adversity hits.
Once the money flows will the chip on his shoulder subside? Kids that get passed over in the draft have that motivation to prove others wrong but its a bad place to be. Anger ensues. A player whose JOY it is to succeed might not carry that with him.
I like him and rooting for him but at the same time suspect as "too good to be true" might apply.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/7/2018  4:34 PM
Depends on the environment.
Young kids with talent need a framework for success.
Hopefully Knicks organization will be on top of this...
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
11/9/2018  11:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2018  11:57 AM
Nalod wrote:Read that all a few weeks back and love that picture. Same face he has today!
There is darker story to this kid as to why he fell from grace and not drafted. The PED's alone is not it unless it speaks to a character issue that his former standing is a stance of entitlement. That kid was the no. 1 prospect and he fell.
Now, do I care? Not really. I just don't want the knicks to invest in this kid and he scowls like Marbury when it adversity hits.
Once the money flows will the chip on his shoulder subside? Kids that get passed over in the draft have that motivation to prove others wrong but its a bad place to be. Anger ensues. A player whose JOY it is to succeed might not carry that with him.
I like him and rooting for him but at the same time suspect as "too good to be true" might apply.

Yeah, is this all proving himself, and when he does prove himself, what's the possibility of him going back to how he was (supposedly)? I read some quotes from him about how dark and lonely things got because of the PED issues, maybe that's all it was. A young man put in a bad situation, and now in a positive one?

I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

11/9/2018  9:37 PM
toodarkmark wrote:
Nalod wrote:Read that all a few weeks back and love that picture. Same face he has today!

Yeah, is this all proving himself, and when he does prove himself, what's the possibility of him going back to how he was (supposedly)? I read some quotes from him about how dark and lonely things got because of the PED issues, maybe that's all it was. A young man put in a bad situation, and now in a positive one?

I think what we are all saying differently but agreeing on is we don't know what Trier's "mean" or base personality is. And we are unwilling to buy into him too much because we don't know what regressing to that mean would look like. While I agree this is a reasonable position, my first take on anyone is to trust them till hey show they can't be trusted. Trust but verify,

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Trier's been a good prospect since... 6th grade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy