[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
knickslions
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #138
11/7/2018  12:57 PM
They have some freshman on that team. RJ Barrett is the real deal! Franchise player
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/7/2018  1:02 PM
knickslions wrote:They have some freshman on that team. RJ Barrett is the real deal! Franchise player

Yeah but what did you think of Zion?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

11/7/2018  1:04 PM
martin wrote:
knickslions wrote:They have some freshman on that team. RJ Barrett is the real deal! Franchise player

Very good passer and he looks like he has improved his shot. Not sure how he translates to NBA yet but he is a beast for sure.

The Future is Bright!
homeskillitprigioni
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4507

11/7/2018  1:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2018  1:19 PM
Zion looked really good, and I hate Duke.

Lot of people are comparing him to Larry Johnson before the back problems, obviously before we ever got him.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/7/2018  1:25 PM
homeskillitprigioni wrote:Zion looked really good, and I hate Duke.

Lot of people are comparing him to Larry Johnson before the back problems, obviously before we ever got him.

and I think Larry Johnson came in at 250, Zion is around 270+? With the same or more athleticism?

Unguardable if he gets his shot down.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/7/2018  1:29 PM
homeskillitprigioni wrote:Zion looked really good, and I hate Duke.

Wouldnt mind seeing LJ teach Frank some post moves. Became very good at posting up much bigger defenders (even with his back) pivoted very fast, before a defender could react.

knickslions
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #138
11/7/2018  1:40 PM
martin wrote:

Zion is really a freak athlete for his size. I agree he is going to be real hard to guard when he turns into a better shooter. Seems like another guy any team would really desire

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/7/2018  4:00 PM
Zion is unbelievable. This kid is a beast. My question is what is the growth trajectory of that body type? He is mack truck at 18, but is he fat by 25? His body type is huge, big boned and broad. Damn near hulk-like!!! Im not sure I have ever seen a kid this size at this age and move that good.
Is that baby fat that comes off or he insatiable oversized destiny?
Man among boys for sure!
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/7/2018  4:10 PM
Nalod wrote:Zion is unbelievable. This kid is a beast. My question is what is the growth trajectory of that body type? He is mack truck at 18, but is he fat by 25? His body type is huge, big boned and broad. Damn near hulk-like!!! Im not sure I have ever seen a kid this size at this age and move that good.
Man among boys for sure!

Yeah, I don’t get how you get so beefy at that age! Yet he’s so athletic. I’m just assuming it’ll eventually turn to Mike sweetness levels of tubbyness, but I could be completely wrong on that. I think he’s a risk, but an intriguing one.

What position would you say we need to fill with the draft?

homeskillitprigioni
Member: #4507

11/7/2018  5:00 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:Zion is unbelievable. This kid is a beast. My question is what is the growth trajectory of that body type? He is mack truck at 18, but is he fat by 25? His body type is huge, big boned and broad. Damn near hulk-like!!! Im not sure I have ever seen a kid this size at this age and move that good.
Man among boys for sure!

Yeah, I don’t get how you get so beefy at that age! Yet he’s so athletic. I’m just assuming it’ll eventually turn to Mike sweetness levels of tubbyness, but I could be completely wrong on that. I think he’s a risk, but an intriguing one.

I think we still have to go best player available, especially since we'll likely have a high pick.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/7/2018  5:13 PM
there are four guys at Duke worth having... this Duke team is basically a Calapari monster team. Woever gets the "4th best" one form a production standpoint will get an absolute steal in the draft
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/7/2018  5:56 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Man among boys for sure!

I remember some people had the same concerns about LeBron. The real answer is we don't know...but if you look at Zion he's not carrying nearly the same amount of body fat Sweatney had at the same age. He looks solid
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/8/2018  5:51 AM
homeskillitprigioni wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Man among boys for sure!

I think we still have to go best player available, especially since we'll likely have a high pick.

Yeah outside of center unless the guy is so heads and shoulders above the other prospects. We need a PG more than anything.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/8/2018  8:24 AM
If Zion is as good as he showed the other day, then you take him regardless of need.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/8/2018  11:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2018  11:25 AM
A little grainy at first. First impression, can someone look NBA ready after one game? Holy #^#%:@!

Didnt see a lot of 3 point shooting. Other than that, his burst is unreal, for his size. Zion looks like he has a very good handle, great at attacking at angles which catch defenders flat footed. Zion also showed he isnt afraid to post up.

You definitely take him if he's there regardless of need, I agree.

Nalod
USA
11/8/2018  1:35 PM
That block/steal/snatch at 3:12 is amazing.
I just don't know how to peg this kid. Charles Barkley comes to mind. Not a bad comparison. Charles had longevity.
This kids build is just baffling given his size vs. agility. Looks like a world class running back.
Mills and Perry were at the game. LOL.
Sorry knicks1248, winning will have to wait one more year.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/8/2018  7:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2018  7:22 PM
I love Zion's game because there doesn't seem to be anything he can't do and he works hard and goes for all the lunch pail dirty work. Any pick we have should be him first. I do worry about how his body holds up or fills out further? His putback dunk on his own miss at the 2.30 mark looks almost like he was throwing himself a lob pass assist off the glass.

Barret on the other hand is like vaseline - he is so fukking smooth. It's a joy to watch this kid pick his spots and go through the defense.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/9/2018  11:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2018  12:00 PM
Zion's vertical is insane for a kid his size. I think that bodes well, as far as his babyfat becoming NBA muscle. I read where the kid grew 6 inches in one year. He blocks, he passes... one of the things I like from the highlights, (even from Barret's clips) is watching how smart he is about where he is on the floor. And he doesn't shy away from work.

Agreed, Barkley is the first comparison that came to mind. I always remember Barkley played defense all over the floor, not just his position. Hated him.

Nalod
USA
11/9/2018  3:21 PM
Charles slimmed down as he got a bit older.
Im sure by june the draft order and draft prospects will be a bit clearer. Yah think?
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/9/2018  6:52 PM
Man among boys for sure!

Going against inferior competition ( relative to the NBA) with a far different attrition/schedule make up. Going a full 82 game grind, plus all the other commitments ( media, charity, team events, league events, etc) will take a toll.

It also speaks to lack of discipline.

Should the Knicks take him? If they get the first pick in the draft ( unlikely) and he's the top rated guy on the board then, you take him and trade him.

If he falls to them where they will likely pick, where he becomes more of a measured risk, then the question becomes more interesting.

What no one talks about is what many prospects do to get their weight more marketable for a draft or such. Dry fasting. Water fasting. One Meal A Day. Intermittent Fasting. While that stuff might be interesting in limited doses, the question becomes motivation short terms versus lifestyle

Even if Zion course corrects his weight for the draft, it's not true lifestyle. Which means it's not going to be sustainable.

Lack of discipline raises red flags that bleed into other things. Money problems. Family problems. Drug problems ( besides being on gear, they are all on gear) Women problems. Emotional problems. Gambling problems. Impulse control problems. When you see really fat person on the street ( and many Americans are now fat), it's one of the most obvious indicators of discipline or lack of it in most cases. While it might not be the case for some of these issues, it just raises unpleasant questions.

It's like being a man in a job interview and having a weak ass handshake. It just sends a message the wrong way about everything.

Get him if he's BPA and then immediately trade him.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy