StarksEwing1 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Not to pick on Timmy. But we have seen Levert and Oladipo finish the Knicks off with last min/second scores. And we have just now witnessed Lavine make a last 2nd drive attempt on to steal and OT win. Frank our best perimeter player wasn't guarding any of these guys during these moments. Fizz stated that he wanted Timmy to be tested in these situations and not to call on Frank even though thisay be his best attribute.

So clearly Fizz is focusing different things than just managing to win the game.

Not true....Frank was guarding Oladipo when he drilled the 3 from the corner...scroll to 1:55 min mark....The ball was kicked to Oladipo off an offensive rebound but Frank was there...

That falls more on a broken play which Frank covered Bogdonovic who was cutting in as the ball was in play for the offensive rbound which Frank then tried to recover outside after it was established Pacers got the rebound. That was a bang-bang play that ass just bad luck the way the ball bounced for Pacers to get the offensive rebound.

Dipos pull up 3 with Hardaway giving him to much space was more of a man to man set. I'm not even looking to knock Timmy in any way as I even felt the Levert layup wasn't bad defense and he contested the **** pretty well though he let him in to deep. And Levert got the layup at a hard angle which is more credit to him than anything. But point being Frank is more advanced defensively and offers more length than Timmy. Any coach strictly focused on wins and losses most likely urilzes Frank more in these situations.

Both of you make good points. I do
Think though end of game demands frank on their best wing or pg. just makes too much sense and Franks teammates know this

The problem isn't frank, It's fiz rotation when the game is in clutch mode (5 min left) . He hasn't been pressing the right buttons at all.

He either stays with a defensive line up too long(scoring droughts), takes guys out to soon, leaves guys in too long, put in players for like 5 minute spurts, botch plays out of time outs.

I get that he is trying things out, but it's really costing us easy wins, he is starting to remind me of Fisher.

Fiz does not give a rat as...ss about winning the games and about record we will have this season. So the front office.
It is not observation. This is their publicly stated position.
Players development is the end of all means.
Kantor will be starting if he will forget about rebounding and posting up but focus on team defense, protecting the rim, and trying to hit this 2-3 in-game 3-pointers.
So if he will try to advance his game not his stats.
But he does not want to or cannot which is the same thing. So why he should get any favors?
Same with Frank. He asked to be aggressive, shoot the open 3th, run the team.
He is not good for all this yet but he is working on it.
So he should continue to start and get minutes.
Fans like knicks1248 should go into hibernation because we are not going to win many games.
And we are going to look worth that we really are because the focus is on development not on winning now.
Simple like that...

The thing I love about fiz is that he takes absolute account ability when he pushes the wrong buttons and doesn't chalk it up to some development Bull sht your saying,

Last yr was the start of a rebuild and JH got fired, and while you may think wins and losses don't matter. I have seen countless coaches/GMs get fired in a rebuilding mode (most recently with the cavs and suns).

Players who learn the best sit and watch fist, when you throw them into the fire unprepared, you watch them pick up bad habits(fiz said so himself) that will be hard to shake, Which is what was happening under JH.

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME, YOU DONT JUST PLAY TO FOR THE SAKE OF PLAYING...fck outta here with that bull sht. I don't care if i got 10 rookies out there or or 10 vets, I'm putting in the players who gives me the best opportunity to win. Let them feel good about themselves, upbeat and confident.

We haven't been in win mode now since Woodsons was fired 5 yrs ago, we have gone into every season since then with no one from the FO even whispering the word PLAYOFFS, it's been all about evaluating with no mandate for winning at all, and that has gotten us 5 trips to the lottery dance..wake up

Aside from knox... Dotson, Mitch, Trier could have easily been taken if we won 60 games, and you could lose 60 games and be rewarded with mudiay, frank, noah and mario

I stated my opinion and I am not trying to change yours.
My believe is that it is not possible to change other people opinion.
In 1-2 years we will see if you or my opinion was closer to reality.
You think that Fiz is same things as Fisher, Hornachek, and other pure souls in the grinder of MSG.
I think this time it is different and we get a real deal. That this team is for real, Fiz will be around for a while, and Knicks will be contending in 3-5 years.
Future will tell the story.
AS of now I am happy and optimistic and you sound miserable.
Good enough for me.

he doesnt believe in building through the draft. He doesnt understand that it takes some patience but we have built a solid foundation and free agents notice that more than winning a few extra games

we have 8 lottery picks( all of whom were picked within the last 4 to 5 drafts) on the roster, i guess we need 12 to make a complete rebuild..ohhh..kaayyy, now i get it..smh

What other contender has that many 1st round picks on there roster..since you know so much

None of that matters to be real. The potential to land a blue chip prospect to pair with KP and a FA this off season is greater than your perceived downside and is the best route to contend. The players that will be here next yr are getting burn win or lose and working on chemistry.

Knicks have been without their franchise player and first round pick so far this season. Its one thing if the team just sucked even with KP because he was a stat producer who didn't contribute to winning. But KP has proven to be a real impact player. So being able to capitalize on missing KP to add an elite blue chip prospect is the smart play.

Now if Knox comes in a takes the league by storm and everything then clicks with Frank-Knox-Mitch around Hardaway and the rest of the cast leading the team to 38 wins(random number) or so then so be it. As winning would be a result of the young talents maturation. But best case may be they are inconsistent during his rookie yr and then the group off next season after we secured the blue chip additions.

Knicks GM Scott Perry is on the road with the team. An eye witness said Perry was visibly upset during portions of the first half in Atlanta. The Knicks gave up 57 points to the Hawks and trailed by three after two quarters. Doesn't seem like Perry has any interest in tanking.

You really think the FO is more interested in Blue chip prospects, you really think the FO don't care about losses. Every coach/GM in every sport will be mostly judge by wins and losses at the end of the day, I don't care how you spin it. You want to know why, becaase WINNING cures everything, It's like a antibiotic.

You know what comes out of winning, players getting better, chemistry improves, confidence increasing,team looks more attractive, your assets stock rises, Gm's look smarter. It's only easy to be patient when you see improvement.

You cant lose 52 games 5 yrs in a row(all evaluating talent yrs) and think your improving just because you didn't trade your draft picks

Where is the quote from? I thought I had read all of the articles about last nights game but I didn't see or missed this. I do think it is a reach for a reporter to post about body language and not an actual source.

I saw the original tweet, Don't remember who it was from though.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/8/2018  5:01 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Not to pick on Timmy. But we have seen Levert and Oladipo finish the Knicks off with last min/second scores. And we have just now witnessed Lavine make a last 2nd drive attempt on to steal and OT win. Frank our best perimeter player wasn't guarding any of these guys during these moments. Fizz stated that he wanted Timmy to be tested in these situations and not to call on Frank even though thisay be his best attribute.

So clearly Fizz is focusing different things than just managing to win the game.

Not true....Frank was guarding Oladipo when he drilled the 3 from the corner...scroll to 1:55 min mark....The ball was kicked to Oladipo off an offensive rebound but Frank was there...

That falls more on a broken play which Frank covered Bogdonovic who was cutting in as the ball was in play for the offensive rbound which Frank then tried to recover outside after it was established Pacers got the rebound. That was a bang-bang play that ass just bad luck the way the ball bounced for Pacers to get the offensive rebound.

Dipos pull up 3 with Hardaway giving him to much space was more of a man to man set. I'm not even looking to knock Timmy in any way as I even felt the Levert layup wasn't bad defense and he contested the **** pretty well though he let him in to deep. And Levert got the layup at a hard angle which is more credit to him than anything. But point being Frank is more advanced defensively and offers more length than Timmy. Any coach strictly focused on wins and losses most likely urilzes Frank more in these situations.

Think though end of game demands frank on their best wing or pg. just makes too much sense and Franks teammates know this

The problem isn't frank, It's fiz rotation when the game is in clutch mode (5 min left) . He hasn't been pressing the right buttons at all.

He either stays with a defensive line up too long(scoring droughts), takes guys out to soon, leaves guys in too long, put in players for like 5 minute spurts, botch plays out of time outs.

I get that he is trying things out, but it's really costing us easy wins, he is starting to remind me of Fisher.

Fiz does not give a rat as...ss about winning the games and about record we will have this season. So the front office.
Kantor will be starting if he will forget about rebounding and posting up but focus on team defense, protecting the rim, and trying to hit this 2-3 in-game 3-pointers.
But he does not want to or cannot which is the same thing. So why he should get any favors?
Fans like knicks1248 should go into hibernation because we are not going to win many games.
And we are going to look worth that we really are because the focus is on development not on winning now.
Simple like that...

The thing I love about fiz is that he takes absolute account ability when he pushes the wrong buttons and doesn't chalk it up to some development Bull sht your saying,

Last yr was the start of a rebuild and JH got fired, and while you may think wins and losses don't matter. I have seen countless coaches/GMs get fired in a rebuilding mode (most recently with the cavs and suns).

Players who learn the best sit and watch fist, when you throw them into the fire unprepared, you watch them pick up bad habits(fiz said so himself) that will be hard to shake, Which is what was happening under JH.

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME, YOU DONT JUST PLAY TO FOR THE SAKE OF PLAYING...fck outta here with that bull sht. I don't care if i got 10 rookies out there or or 10 vets, I'm putting in the players who gives me the best opportunity to win. Let them feel good about themselves, upbeat and confident.

We haven't been in win mode now since Woodsons was fired 5 yrs ago, we have gone into every season since then with no one from the FO even whispering the word PLAYOFFS, it's been all about evaluating with no mandate for winning at all, and that has gotten us 5 trips to the lottery dance..wake up

Aside from knox... Dotson, Mitch, Trier could have easily been taken if we won 60 games, and you could lose 60 games and be rewarded with mudiay, frank, noah and mario

You think that Fiz is same things as Fisher, Hornachek, and other pure souls in the grinder of MSG.
I think this time it is different and we get a real deal. That this team is for real, Fiz will be around for a while, and Knicks will be contending in 3-5 years.
Good enough for me.

he doesnt believe in building through the draft. He doesnt understand that it takes some patience but we have built a solid foundation and free agents notice that more than winning a few extra games

we have 8 lottery picks( all of whom were picked within the last 4 to 5 drafts) on the roster, i guess we need 12 to make a complete rebuild..ohhh..kaayyy, now i get it..smh

What other contender has that many 1st round picks on there roster..since you know so much

None of that matters to be real. The potential to land a blue chip prospect to pair with KP and a FA this off season is greater than your perceived downside and is the best route to contend. The players that will be here next yr are getting burn win or lose and working on chemistry.

Knicks have been without their franchise player and first round pick so far this season. Its one thing if the team just sucked even with KP because he was a stat producer who didn't contribute to winning. But KP has proven to be a real impact player. So being able to capitalize on missing KP to add an elite blue chip prospect is the smart play.

Now if Knox comes in a takes the league by storm and everything then clicks with Frank-Knox-Mitch around Hardaway and the rest of the cast leading the team to 38 wins(random number) or so then so be it. As winning would be a result of the young talents maturation. But best case may be they are inconsistent during his rookie yr and then the group off next season after we secured the blue chip additions.

As I thought, no reply. Questions not answered.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/8/2018  5:20 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Simple like that...

Good enough for me.

Knicks GM Scott Perry is on the road with the team. An eye witness said Perry was visibly upset during portions of the first half in Atlanta. The Knicks gave up 57 points to the Hawks and trailed by three after two quarters. Doesn't seem like Perry has any interest in tanking.

You really think the FO is more interested in Blue chip prospects, you really think the FO don't care about losses. Every coach/GM in every sport will be mostly judge by wins and losses at the end of the day, I don't care how you spin it. You want to know why, becaase WINNING cures everything, It's like a antibiotic.

You know what comes out of winning, players getting better, chemistry improves, confidence increasing,team looks more attractive, your assets stock rises, Gm's look smarter. It's only easy to be patient when you see improvement.

You cant lose 52 games 5 yrs in a row(all evaluating talent yrs) and think your improving just because you didn't trade your draft picks

Where is the quote from? I thought I had read all of the articles about last nights game but I didn't see or missed this. I do think it is a reach for a reporter to post about body language and not an actual source.

Thanks. I'll see if I can find it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/8/2018  7:37 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Simple like that...

Good enough for me.

Thanks. I'll see if I can find it.
Begley tweeted it which gives it a bit more clout in my opinion.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/9/2018  10:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2018  10:43 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-sports-david-fizdale-timeouts-knicks-20181108-story.html

Caveat I don't like Bondy personally, but here's a clip from the above article. Fizz has to clean this up or get an assistant to help him.

"Fizdale had four opportunities to draw up a winning shot in Monday’s double OT defeat to the Bulls, and the Knicks went 0-for-4 with just one decent look. In earlier games this season in ATO/inbounds situations, the Knicks allowed Brooklyn’s Caris LeVert to drive for a game-winner, and, a day later, struggled to get the ball in bounds on a potential game-tying possession against Boston.

The mishaps are obviously more pronounced in the fourth quarter, and the Knicks are getting beat by an average of 5.1 points in those final 12 minutes. It’s the worst rating in the league, and the near collapse Wednesday against Atlanta did not alleviate the concerns."

(5)(5)
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/9/2018  10:57 AM
Chandler wrote:The mishaps are obviously more pronounced in the fourth quarter, and the Knicks are getting beat by an average of 5.1 points in those final 12 minutes. It’s the worst rating in the league, and the near collapse Wednesday against Atlanta did not alleviate the concerns."

I'm sure that has nothing whatsoever to do with fact they're the youngest, least experienced team in the NBA.

Nah, nothing.

Chandler

11/9/2018  12:34 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Chandler wrote:The mishaps are obviously more pronounced in the fourth quarter, and the Knicks are getting beat by an average of 5.1 points in those final 12 minutes. It’s the worst rating in the league, and the near collapse Wednesday against Atlanta did not alleviate the concerns."

I'm sure that has nothing whatsoever to do with fact they're the youngest, least experienced team in the NBA.

Nah, nothing.

of course it does. It also has something to do with the coaching

(5)(5)
Knickoftime

11/9/2018  12:38 PM
Chandler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Nah, nothing.

Okay.

Why is Fizdale seemingly more successful in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters, specifically?

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

11/9/2018  1:02 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Nah, nothing.

Okay.

Why is Fizdale seemingly more successful in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters, specifically?

Lots of people aren't factoring in the refs here. Refs who stay in the league understand the silent league mandate to keep certain games close and to keep them close at certain times.

It's hard to stop a run fighting 5 on 8.

Knicks have journeymen, retreads and really young players. They've also got guys hurt. Refs have no incentive to give them anything. Vonleh gets like zero calls. Kanter will get some calls because the refs understand if they keep jobbing him, he'll start a fight in the parking lot.

While it seems counter intuitive, a guy like Vonleh would be better off just knocking someone the **** out. Once you fight in the NBA, they hard review all the calls leading up to it. Then the refs are punished for jobbing teams and players when they know if they don't job them, they won't stay refs for long. Cheat for us, but don't get caught. This is why NBA refs are under so much pressure. How can you manipulate a game without too much scrutiny.

Steph Curry would have it so much easier if he ate a 10 game suspension and just throttled some mother****er. The refs then would have to start doing something about all the hard contact he gets with no call.

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/9/2018  1:15 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

Nah, nothing.

Im not sure who stated we were the youngest team in the NBA, when that actually goes to the (9-2)Denver nuggets and 2nd is the (9-3)portland trail blazers

https://herosports.com/nba/oldest-youngest-teams-start-2018-19-season-byby

ES
Knickoftime

11/9/2018  1:16 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Nah, nothing.

Okay.

Lots of people aren't factoring in the refs here. Refs who stay in the league understand the silent league mandate to keep certain games close and to keep them close at certain times.

It's hard to stop a run fighting 5 on 8.

Knicks have journeymen, retreads and really young players. They've also got guys hurt. Refs have no incentive to give them anything. Vonleh gets like zero calls. Kanter will get some calls because the refs understand if they keep jobbing him, he'll start a fight in the parking lot.

While it seems counter intuitive, a guy like Vonleh would be better off just knocking someone the **** out. Once you fight in the NBA, they hard review all the calls leading up to it. Then the refs are punished for jobbing teams and players when they know if they don't job them, they won't stay refs for long. Cheat for us, but don't get caught. This is why NBA refs are under so much pressure. How can you manipulate a game without too much scrutiny.

Steph Curry would have it so much easier if he ate a 10 game suspension and just throttled some mother****er. The refs then would have to start doing something about all the hard contact he gets with no call.

I think the more important question TT is did Nasa and Walt Disney destroy the sets used to fake the moon landing or are they still stored in the secret bunker under the Griffith Observatory?

Kemet
Member: #6148

11/9/2018  1:21 PM
Chandler wrote:http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-sports-david-fizdale-timeouts-knicks-20181108-story.html

Caveat I don't like Bondy personally, but here's a clip from the above article. Fizz has to clean this up or get an assistant to help him.

"Fizdale had four opportunities to draw up a winning shot in Monday’s double OT defeat to the Bulls, and the Knicks went 0-for-4 with just one decent look. In earlier games this season in ATO/inbounds situations, the Knicks allowed Brooklyn’s Caris LeVert to drive for a game-winner, and, a day later, struggled to get the ball in bounds on a potential game-tying possession against Boston.

The mishaps are obviously more pronounced in the fourth quarter, and the Knicks are getting beat by an average of 5.1 points in those final 12 minutes. It’s the worst rating in the league, and the near collapse Wednesday against Atlanta did not alleviate the concerns."

In the 12 games the Knicks played this season, coach Fizdale has showed he's more inexperience than Hornacek as a X n O head coach. I'm still waiting for one Knick game that shows signs of development in the Knick players. Fizdale's offense has been shooting 3's and isolation scoring, plus Fizdale's half-court defense format has not stop any Knick opponent from scoring during crunch time situation.
The screen/picks set-up to inbound the ball look sloppy and need much work for improvement.

After 12 games the question still stands:
When are the Knicks going to start developing their young-core players ???
Coach Fisher, coach Hornacek, and coach Fizdale combine had 3 yrs experience as a head coach before the Knicks hired them. Expectation of either of the coaches developing the Knicks young-core players should not have been so high.

Knickoftime

11/9/2018  1:24 PM
Kemet wrote:When are the Knicks going to start developing their young-core players ???

This is an outright silly question to ask publicly because it is entirely dependent on your very subjective opinion as to what that is.

Knickoftime

11/9/2018  1:56 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Nah, nothing.

Im not sure who stated we were the youngest team in the NBA, when that actually goes to the (9-2)Denver nuggets and 2nd is the (9-3)portland trail blazers

https://herosports.com/nba/oldest-youngest-teams-start-2018-19-season-byby

RealGM has different numbers.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/transactions/composition_search

Knicks are second behind Chicago here.

Of course that includes 33 year-old Lee who hasn't played a minute, and doesn't seem to include the 22 year old Trier (seems limited to 15 players, not 16 which Trier actually is for the moment). Not even mentioning 30-yo Thomas.

But all fair enough.

Add in experience and I think its likely the Knicks are putting the less experienced NBA team on the floor, probably by far. Mitchell (not even mentioning his lack of experience, period), Trier, Dotson, Knox, and Nitilikina have a combined 112 NBA games and 31 starts between them.

I doubt Denver or Portland compare to that.

Chandler

11/9/2018  2:03 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Nah, nothing.

Okay.

personally, I have no idea how he does in the other 36 minutes, but if it's the case that he's not the worst rating in the league, you should send him a medal for the accomplishment

why is everyone so touchy about a legitimate criticism on something that is fixable

(5)(5)
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/9/2018  2:10 PM
Chandler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Nah, nothing.

Okay.

personally, I have no idea how he does in the other 36 minutes, but if it's the case that he's not the worst rating in the league, you should send him a medal for the accomplishment

why is everyone so touchy about a legitimate criticism on something that is fixable

What you can run as a coach if you have a bunch or rookies and busts?
Probably something simple enough for them to learn the game and get out of their misery.
I ma really surprised that they were in all but 1 game and won 30%+.
This is really great success for Fiz... My starting record expectation was 2-10 at best.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knickoftime

11/9/2018  2:20 PM
Chandler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Nah, nothing.

Okay.

Nothing to do with touchy. The point of this forum is to respond to posts. So I did.

What I found curious was this:

"It’s the worst rating in the league, and the near collapse Wednesday against Atlanta did not alleviate the concerns."

Has the person wrote it or the person who quoted actually ever seen a 4th quarter of an NBA basketball game? :-)

Kemet
Member: #6148

11/9/2018  2:27 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Kemet wrote:When are the Knicks going to start developing their young-core players ???

This is an outright silly question to ask publicly because it is entirely dependent on your very subjective opinion as to what that is.

Having two young-core players in the starting lineup Frank/Burke, letting the two young players play 10 games running a few plays (using screens, picks, and box-out to score and rebound) having Tim/LT/and Kanter in the lineup.
Having three young-core players in the 2nd unit bench lineup Trier/Dotson/MitchRob, letting the 3 young players get a relationship in co-existing together with Mario & Vonleh in a lineup by setting screens for Dotson & Trier to shoot behind a screen/pick, or slashing to the basket to score or throw a alley-oop pass to MitchRob or Vonleh for 10 straight games.

Basketball development are 2 to 5 players working together on offense and defense, pick n roll, give n go, defending the passing lane, boxing-out so teammate could rebound or score, putting up a screen to get teammate open. The Knicks has not been doing any of the above in their 12 games.

Knickoftime

11/9/2018  6:53 PM
Kemet wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Having two young-core players in the starting lineup Frank/Burke, letting the two young players play 10 games running a few plays (using screens, picks, and box-out to score and rebound) having Tim/LT/and Kanter in the lineup.
Having three young-core players in the 2nd unit bench lineup Trier/Dotson/MitchRob, letting the 3 young players get a relationship in co-existing together with Mario & Vonleh in a lineup by setting screens for Dotson & Trier to shoot behind a screen/pick, or slashing to the basket to score or throw a alley-oop pass to MitchRob or Vonleh for 10 straight games.

Basketball development are 2 to 5 players working together on offense and defense, pick n roll, give n go, defending the passing lane, boxing-out so teammate could rebound or score, putting up a screen to get teammate open. The Knicks has not been doing any of the above in their 12 games.

So just to be clear, this seems to suggest the Knicks have the talent to be a good NBA basketball team. They're a couple of close-outs from being a .500 team or better.

Do YOU think this team is better than a lottery team based on pure talent?

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

11/9/2018  8:00 PM
Kemet wrote: Fizdale's offense has been shooting 3's and isolation scoring

You can't make someone pass the ball. You can bench them. (Well some players you can bench) But look at the roster. Who is on the bench that's left?

People here, many, roundly criticized Pringles as coach. They did so when he was in LA too. But give him talent in Houston and you see something different.

Kanter, Burke, Trier and THJr all have some black hole tendencies to their game.

The benefit of contract year guys is you'll get top effort. They want to get a new contract. The bad side is they are more concerned with their own counting stats because that's more in line with that new contract than helping the team win. Or even just play sound team basketball.

You could bring Chuck Daly back to life and put him in charge of this team and you'd still see many of the same problems.

A marker of Fizdale might just be THJr. With basically three years left on his deal, he can dog it if he wants, but he's not.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy