[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/4/2018  8:24 PM
WTF is up with Lee? What is this neck injury about? Something serious?
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/4/2018  9:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2018  9:21 PM
They arent letting Lee speak to the media, might not want to scare off potential trade partners. Bad news with 2 years left. Looked for a while like we might get something respectable back for Lee. Hope it clears up soon. Good guy to also have on the bench to talk to the young players.
Panos
11/4/2018  11:49 PM
Seems very mysterious. I wonder if he might have a medical retirement.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/5/2018  12:27 AM
Panos wrote:Seems very mysterious. I wonder if he might have a medical retirement.

It's mysterious cause they don't give you enough updates to satisfy your every need?

He's hurt, he's not better. What's there to talk about?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Panos
11/5/2018  12:30 AM
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:Seems very mysterious. I wonder if he might have a medical retirement.
It's mysterious cause they don't give you enough updates to satisfy your every need?

He's got a weeks long "neck pain" that's preventing him to play? That seems normal to you?
My "every need"? Who pissed in your Cheerios? I just asked a simple question.

Panos
11/5/2018  12:34 AM
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:

He's got a weeks long "neck pain" that's preventing him to play? That seems normal to you?

My every need would Sophia Vergara, some hot wax, and whipped cream. Among other things,

martin
USA
11/5/2018  12:44 AM
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:

Very normal. You ever had a neck injury?

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/5/2018  7:23 AM
my take from the story about them not letting Lee speak was he's ready to play, they just don't want to mess with the kids getting time.

We have a glut of marginally talented wings and 2s. Can't get em all time.

I hope they can trade him - it's pretty critical in terms of opening up a spot for a max type offer.

But my real question is what the hell is Ron Baker doing in practice and scrimmages that he's knocked Lee out for this long? Dude, chillax!

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/5/2018  10:13 AM
Panos wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:

My every need would Sophia Vergara, some hot wax, and whipped cream. Among other things,

name em... this thread just got more interesting
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/5/2018  10:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2018  10:33 AM
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:

Yeah and it doesn't take 6 wks for the pain to go away, especially when you got a top notch medical staff and therapist on deck 24/7. So it does seem a bit shady like there's some kind of ulterior motive for whatever reason.

Perry has been trying to trade Lee for the longest, there's no secrete about that, not show casing his skills seems like a backwards move,(if he really is healthy) but then again look how the handle Noah.

ES
GustavBahler

11/5/2018  10:53 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:

Yeah and it doesn't take 6 wks for the pain to go away, especially when you got a top notch medical staff and therapist on deck 24/7. So it does seem a bit shady like there's some kind of ulterior motive for whatever reason.

Perry has been trying to trade Lee for the longest, there's no secrete about that, not show casing his skills seems like a backwards move,(if he really is healthy) but then again look how the handle Noah.

Knicks didnt want the disruption of Noah complaining about PT, on a young team. Youngest in the league, without him. Got into it with his last 2 coaches (in a big way) over minutes. What Noah might have done to increase his trade value on the court was outweighed by Noah's propensity for drama on a young, rebuilding team.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

11/5/2018  12:15 PM

If Lee was in the league's protocol for possible medical retirement, it would be announced.

One of the concerns brought up when the Chris Bosh Rule was being formulated was the issue of teams trying to trade injured players close to a medical retirement situation without full disclosure to the other teams. It's an issue seen as riding too close to open scrutiny of team's medical staffs, which rides the line really hard to clear players to get on the court anyway.

You need to be pretty jacked over to get a full medical retirement from the league because it has deep cap implications. It becomes a loop hole for cash rich teams without heavy scrutiny.

On Sofia Vegara, apparently what's interesting is while she gets attention, when she goes out with her husband ( or is it exhusband now...) he gets more attention. He was in the first Magic Mike movie and chicks apparently go full on stupid for him. He looks like an action figure. And if you guys think I'm anti marriage, I was at an event where Jason Momoa was a guest ( Aquaman/Game Of Thrones Drogo) and one dude got sick of his wife eye-****ing Momoa and said to me, why don't she ever look at me like that? So as the story goes, when the guys who did the first Magic Mike movie had to do research into the world of male strippers, they talked to a bunch and found out those dudes get mauled in real life. Real male strippers get clawed, punched, groped, cornered, I mean totally objectified and treated like meat.

So yes, if Lee was a male stripper, then he'd probably need medical retirement. Otherwise, I'd take a guess he's OK and will be back when he's back.

Interesting enough many here won't believe Nike spends BILLIONS and doesn't manipulate things for a return on their investment, but once we get to Courtney Lee's neck, well watch out.

Damn dude, why is your woman eye raping Courtney Lee like that? He might never make it on the court again at this rate.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/5/2018  12:56 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-sports-courtney-lee-neck-injury-20181104-story.html

Don't think there is anything to this. Most who have had neck issues agree. Not exactly a sprain. Its an area that has no real time table for repair.
It is unfortunate though. Feel Lee would be helping and building up his trade value. Right now, cant say he would be on any teams radar. Hopefully he comes back and plays well.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
USA
11/5/2018  1:06 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:

You just literally made that up. No idea what the injury is, how it presents itself and made a diagnosis?

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/5/2018  2:48 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:

Knicks didnt want the disruption of Noah complaining about PT, on a young team. Youngest in the league, without him. Got into it with his last 2 coaches (in a big way) over minutes. What Noah might have done to increase his trade value on the court was outweighed by Noah's propensity for drama on a young, rebuilding team.

l
Where's Noah playing now, more than likely in his Drive way, he wasn't getting any offers from teams (like deng). He stated he wanted to help with the younger players and would accept whatever role they gave him. At the time of his blow up with JH, we were still playing vets trying to win.

Your going to start 45 yr old jack and tell Noah were developing the young guys...OK

ES
GustavBahler

11/5/2018  2:55 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:

l
Where's Noah playing now, more than likely in his Drive way, he wasn't getting any offers from teams (like deng). He stated he wanted to help with the younger players and would accept whatever role they gave him. At the time of his blow up with JH, we were still playing vets trying to win.

Your going to start 45 yr old jack and tell Noah were developing the young guys...OK

The Noah you're thinking of was 4-5 years ago. This version is drama central, with little else to offer at this point in his career.

Jack did a good job of running the point, better than anyone else, until Burke showed up. Was a good, no drama, mentor. When he got benched, Jack carried himself like a pro. No complaints about Jack.

Noah on the other hand...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy