Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

11/4/2018  9:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2018  9:10 PM
Uptown wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:If Frank refuses or can't make the shot, bring in Mario to run point forward.

We have 4 point guards

We may need to draft another one.

Do they sign Kemba? I think they are going to throw money at someone.

Hopefully not him.

It is interesting what the Knicks do with Frank. He is good and his defense is really on elite level, but does he really fit as the future PG? I love him and obviously he is still developing, but games like today make you wonder if he is for good our starting PG.

Wall's pressure exposed the fact that Frank needs to work on his handle....He made a couple of baskets then stopped shooting again. I think he pans out a nice rotational player off the bench (nothing wrong with that) but if our aspirations is to build contender, I dont see Frank as the starting pg of a contending team...Definitely a rotational guy though.
he got into foul trouble just when he starting getting into a offensive flow. Bad timing. Still to early to say what Frank will be only 20
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/4/2018  9:08 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:If Frank refuses or can't make the shot, bring in Mario to run point forward.

We have 4 point guards

I'm getting a vibe that Fiz aint too fond of smallish pg's....He seems to like tall pg's...

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/4/2018  9:11 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

We have 4 point guards

Hopefully not him.

It is interesting what the Knicks do with Frank. He is good and his defense is really on elite level, but does he really fit as the future PG? I love him and obviously he is still developing, but games like today make you wonder if he is for good our starting PG.

Wall's pressure exposed the fact that Frank needs to work on his handle....He made a couple of baskets then stopped shooting again. I think he pans out a nice rotational player off the bench (nothing wrong with that) but if our aspirations is to build contender, I dont see Frank as the starting pg of a contending team...Definitely a rotational guy though.
he got into foul trouble just when he starting getting into a offensive flow. Bad timing

Now, if were were to somehow get Durant and we add him to an improving Knox, a healthy KP, and if Trier turns out to be the player I think he can be, A player like Frank can work with that lineup...

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/4/2018  9:13 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

We have 4 point guards

we have guards, they are not pg's

Didn't you anoint Mudiay as a PG earlier today?

I said he is our best passer in transition

Take franks defense, burkes scoring ability and Mudiay's passing, put those skill into one player and get rid of all of them

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/4/2018  9:13 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

We have 4 point guards

Hopefully not him.

If Frank could stay aggressive, he would fit as a starting PG. Right not he looks like a back up SG/PG. I was encouraged how he was pushing the tempo for a while, but Frank is still having trouble sustaining it. At least he is taking the 3.

Most of our PGs play like they would make quality backups on most teams. They all have their respective skills, but are any of them playing like they're a future starting PG? No, not yet.

This season might end up being about who stays as a backup, with the Knicks looking by trade, draft, or free agency, for the starting PG of the future. We'll see.

StarksEwing1

11/4/2018  9:14 PM
Uptown wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

We have 4 point guards

Hopefully not him.

he got into foul trouble just when he starting getting into a offensive flow. Bad timing

Now, if were were to somehow get Durant and we add him to an improving Knox, a healthy KP, and if Trier turns out to be the player I think he can be, A player like Frank can work with that lineup...

this offseason will be interesting. I wonder who in fact we will end up with. I try not to get my hopes up too high after 2010 but things are different now. We have a lot of young pieces kp,mitch,frank,knox,trier,and next years pick,and dotson
StarksEwing1

11/4/2018  9:15 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

We have 4 point guards

Take franks defense, burkes scoring ability and Mudiay's passing, put those skill into one player and get rid of all of them

they arent getting rid of frank. His defense alone is important no matter what his ceiling ends up being
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/4/2018  9:19 PM
I'm Starks with this one. if you remember Linsanity there were games where Lin looked horrible against pressure. That improved over time. Remember this game?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Kemet
Member: #6148

11/4/2018  9:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2018  9:23 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

We have 4 point guards

Hopefully not him.

he got into foul trouble just when he starting getting into a offensive flow. Bad timing. Still to early to say what Frank will be only 20

If anything Fiz were spose to let Vonleh and Frank foul out of the game for the win .. You don't give Mudiay 24 minute of playing time vs Wall & Beal SMH
I'm sorry but Fizdale did another sorry job in the 2nd half of the game when rookie Trier momentum put the Knicks back into the game .. what happen to putting MitchRob in the lineup with Kanter in the paint grabbing offense and defense rebounds plus a couple of fouls to catchup to the Wiz 39 FTA

Kemet
Member: #6148

11/4/2018  9:27 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

We have 4 point guards

they arent getting rid of frank. His defense alone is important no matter what his ceiling ends up being

Frank is the one that started the come back charge in the 2nd half of the game

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/4/2018  9:48 PM
Kemet wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

We have 4 point guards

Hopefully not him.

If anything Fiz were spose to let Vonleh and Frank foul out of the game for the win .. You don't give Mudiay 24 minute of playing time vs Wall & Beal SMH
I'm sorry but Fizdale did another sorry job in the 2nd half of the game when rookie Trier momentum put the Knicks back into the game .. what happen to putting MitchRob in the lineup with Kanter in the paint grabbing offense and defense rebounds plus a couple of fouls to catchup to the Wiz 39 FTA

Yeah, putting Mitch in would have been the obvious move. But we have no evidence ghest he and Kanter can work together

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

11/4/2018  10:09 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Get Burke out please, her isn't in the flow of the game

What are you talking about...offensively he is keeping us in it...if you are talking about that defensive play, that was on him and Kanter.

This unit has little defense, Burke and Kanter are the worst

The problem is they played together in Utah and the league has a solid scouting book on the pair already.

Any non Knicks team with even a mediocre pick and roll will steamroll the Knicks with both of them on the floor together.

Guys should take a good hard look at John Wall. Rumors that won't die keep saying the Wizards want to badly unload Wall and have made some early offers to the Knicks. Contract is ugly but Wall/Zinger will get this team to the playoffs every year assuming health.

Sangfroid
Member: #2784

11/4/2018  10:42 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

We have 4 point guards

Preferably a two way guard. A little defense would be appreciated.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/5/2018  7:40 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

What are you talking about...offensively he is keeping us in it...if you are talking about that defensive play, that was on him and Kanter.

The problem is they played together in Utah and the league has a solid scouting book on the pair already.

Any non Knicks team with even a mediocre pick and roll will steamroll the Knicks with both of them on the floor together.

Guys should take a good hard look at John Wall. Rumors that won't die keep saying the Wizards want to badly unload Wall and have made some early offers to the Knicks. Contract is ugly but Wall/Zinger will get this team to the playoffs every year assuming health.

The only way I would of taken that contract would of been if they absorbed Noah.I would not trade assets for him

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

11/5/2018  10:45 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Doesn't he have one of those super max deals? He's gonna make an average of 41 mil a year, for 3 years. Too rich for my blood.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/5/2018  10:48 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:I'm Starks with this one. if you remember Linsanity there were games where Lin looked horrible against pressure. That improved over time. Remember this game?

Remember the rest of his career to date?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/5/2018  10:48 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:We have no offense, Frank should not be taking this many threes

Love how folks go from Frank isn't aggressive enough to Frank shouldn't be shooting - up to 2 games ago he was shooting 40% from 3.

Frank is going to be a work in progress and IMO needs to shoot every open 3 he has.

IMO - we need to get guys like Burke/Lance off the floor and give more minutes to Mario who at least has great skill and solid size.

Also - refs really putting guys like Vonleh, Frank and Mitch very quick whistles. NO RESPECT

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/5/2018  10:49 AM
Kemet wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

We have 4 point guards

Wrong. He went out down 6. Team got down 11 and came back to tie. Without Frank. Frank came back in the 4th and the Wiz went on to blow us out.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
LivingLegend

11/5/2018  10:50 AM
Panos wrote:Hezonja is a zero. I had higher hopes

Hmmm - may have been his best game.

LivingLegend

11/5/2018  10:53 AM
Kemet wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

We have 4 point guards

YEP. Not saying he didn't/doesn't struggle but after he hit a couple of hoops we had narrowed a 13 point lead down to 4 and he got hit with his 4th foul (of which at least 2 were soft-ass / quick whistles).

Frank went to bench Mudiay came in and lead pumped up to 12 almost in a blink.

GameThread: 6pm at Wiz

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy