ISIAH’S DREAM:
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
9/19/2004  9:17 AM
Posted by Marv:

Ahh, 1 of my favorite topics - the Bad Boys and Knicks comparison. I too think Isiah's moving steadily in that direction but I think evryone has to remember (IMHO of course) that this Knicks team is LIGHT YEARS away from the Bad Boys in talent. Stephon (whom I happen to love) does once every 3 or 4 games what Isiah used to do almost nightly - will a team to victory. I think the biggest goal for Isiah is to continue to get inside Stephon's head and get him to play at his best much more often.

Joe Dumars was IMO one of the most underrated players ever (like Sam Jones). But I love the pickup of Crawford and I think he has a s**tload of potential to fill that role.

I could see Allan playing the Microwave role. We've all seen him when he's been in an aggressive mood - he's a freakin machine. I'd love to see him recapture his health and go after that role on this team.

Dantly and Aguirre were incredible loads on the blocks and endlessly clever scorers - really relentless personality types on the court too. If Sweetney progresses at the same rate that he did in college, why couldn't he fit that? Remember how Barkley's game changed in the NBA once he changed his body?

You guys are right - we have nothing underneath to compare to Rodman, Salley, Edwards, Mahorn, Laimbeer. Wouldn't it be great if JYD provided a bunch of that and Baker came back like the first 1/2 of last year and Nazr played with consistency? Sweetney of course could be big on the boards for us too and I still think KT can contribute a lot, I haven't written him off at all. But we are real weak compared to the Bad Boys in the power positions.

That leaves the 2 x-factors - TT and Ariza (I just think Penny's too past his prime to be a factor). These 2 could make up for a lot of other deficiencies on the team. but I don't know - Ariza's too young and green and TT might just be too much of a head case.

[Edited by - marv on 09/18/2004 11:36:16]

you said it yourself...the Knicks as a whole are light years away from the Detroit Bad Boys in overall talent...so there's no sense in making comparisons between Marbury & Isiah, because Stephon doesn't have the talent around him that Isiah did...let's see what other moves Isiah has in store for this team so that hopefully one day, we WILL be able to draw some comparisons on a level ground.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
lrluis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #306
9/19/2004  5:33 PM
[quote]
Posted by MS:

Herb Brooks was left off the Olympic team that one a gold medal, and he made it his mission to coach that team so he could have that oppurtunity...
lrluis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #306
9/19/2004  5:45 PM
I liked that you mentioned the late Herb Brooks. As Olympic coach in 1980, he didn't want the best players, he wanted the right players. And he won Gold. I think the same of the Knicks' GM.

And speaking of the Olympics... Herb mentioned it's ironic that in today's world, we field "dream teams" of all-stars, but do we always realize the dream?

ISIAH’S DREAM:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy