[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: To "Mav or Mav Not...." that is the question.
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

11/3/2018  10:54 AM
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:

Holy Guacamole. Kanter needs to let this sink in before he sulks

Amazing stat - and it really shows how bad Kanter's defense is

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/3/2018  11:28 AM
1. I like his on court demeanor. Vocal on defense and level cool. I like players to control the emotion.
2. That reverse oop was crazy. Its plays like that which shows a crazy level of both athletic and fundamental ability. We saw it with Frank at times. Last year he made an over the head blind pass to KP for an easy basket. This is awareness that can' the taught. KP block a shot and keep it inbounds with simple behind the back grab of the ball which might seem small but it blew my mind to what he is capable of doing. Mitchel just did a reverse ally pouching oop and was cool about it. damn.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/3/2018  11:31 AM
Nalod wrote:1. I like his on court demeanor. Vocal on defense and level cool. I like players to control the emotion.
2. That reverse oop was crazy. Its plays like that which shows a crazy level of both athletic and fundamental ability. We saw it with Frank at times. Last year he made an over the head blind pass to KP for an easy basket. This is awareness that can' the taught. KP block a shot and keep it inbounds with simple behind the back grab of the ball which might seem small but it blew my mind to what he is capable of doing. Mitchel just did a reverse ally pouching oop and was cool about it. damn.
Exactly. Its nice to have some let when it comes to the draft. Mitch was a lottery pick a year ago and it was a blessing for us that he didnt end up playing last year because he fell in our laps. Like I mentioned before I know LA regrets not taking him at 25 which they originally were gonna do
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/3/2018  12:59 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:1. I like his on court demeanor. Vocal on defense and level cool. I like players to control the emotion.
Exactly. Its nice to have some let when it comes to the draft. Mitch was a lottery pick a year ago and it was a blessing for us that he didnt end up playing last year because he fell in our laps. Like I mentioned before I know LA regrets not taking him at 25 which they originally were gonna do

Lakers, Boston, Nets, GS all missed on this guy, teams that maybe you would have thought would have taken a flier

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/3/2018  1:08 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:Love Trier

This draft is looking incredible for us.

Three really good players with lots of potential in the same draft when officially kickstarting rebuilding? Amazing feat!

just shows you that you don't have to tank to find good talent, just do your home work and have a solid coaching staff.

We could have won a championship and picked up Mitch and Trier

Yeah, also one of the reasons I wouldn't be too bent out of shape if Dennis Smith Jr. ended up being better than Frank. Players like DSJ you can find anytime. Is he that much better than Trier?

Actually...he isn't. They pretty much took Donic to eventually run their offense...Smith is a 6'1" mostly shooting guard with defensive issues.

Only player available when we picked that I would have taken over Frank, in hindsight, is Mitchell.

yeah thats true. The fact that they want him off the ball is interesting considering he was praised for being a legit pg

He had ZERO assists and 6 Turnovers to go with 23 points, I am glad we didn't draft this kid.

I give him credit for being a scorer thats his only real strength. Nothing wrong with that but its much easier to get those players unlike defensive or two way players which we have more of now

I would take Trier over him. It really underscores how Dallas completely wasted their pick. Every draft will have it's no defense, tunnel vision, take it to the hoop iso-chucker. A lottery pick, really? Heck Trier has better chance of being a contributor than him, because he is giving effort on defense.

I honestly think they wanted Frank. I mean I remember they were heavily involved with him despite what they say after the fact
I thought they wanted Frank but a couple of reporters that I respect were at the Mavs draft party and they said the Mavs first choice was Smith. Talk about baiting the Knicks etc.
That baiting theory is so illogical. So the Knicks were really thinking of taking Smith but decided on Frank because the Mavs expressed interest in him? Makes no sense.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/3/2018  1:12 PM
Welpee wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Three really good players with lots of potential in the same draft when officially kickstarting rebuilding? Amazing feat!

just shows you that you don't have to tank to find good talent, just do your home work and have a solid coaching staff.

Yeah, also one of the reasons I wouldn't be too bent out of shape if Dennis Smith Jr. ended up being better than Frank. Players like DSJ you can find anytime. Is he that much better than Trier?

Actually...he isn't. They pretty much took Donic to eventually run their offense...Smith is a 6'1" mostly shooting guard with defensive issues.

Only player available when we picked that I would have taken over Frank, in hindsight, is Mitchell.

yeah thats true. The fact that they want him off the ball is interesting considering he was praised for being a legit pg

He had ZERO assists and 6 Turnovers to go with 23 points, I am glad we didn't draft this kid.

I give him credit for being a scorer thats his only real strength. Nothing wrong with that but its much easier to get those players unlike defensive or two way players which we have more of now

I would take Trier over him. It really underscores how Dallas completely wasted their pick. Every draft will have it's no defense, tunnel vision, take it to the hoop iso-chucker. A lottery pick, really? Heck Trier has better chance of being a contributor than him, because he is giving effort on defense.

I honestly think they wanted Frank. I mean I remember they were heavily involved with him despite what they say after the fact
I thought they wanted Frank but a couple of reporters that I respect were at the Mavs draft party and they said the Mavs first choice was Smith. Talk about baiting the Knicks etc.
That baiting theory is so illogical. So the Knicks were really thinking of taking Smith but decided on Frank because the Mavs expressed interest in him? Makes no sense.

It makes as much sense of Golden State took Curry because the Knicks didn't hide their interest in him, which is a notion that has persisted to this day.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/3/2018  1:17 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

It makes as much sense of Golden State took Curry because the Knicks didn't hide their interest in him, which is a notion that has persisted to this day.

The Knicks had a bad habit of letting everyone know who they wanted in the draft during Walsh's tenure. Everyone knew the Knicks wanted Gallo and Curry.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo

11/3/2018  1:23 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Both notions are complete BS. No one cares enough about the Knicks thi change how they are going to draft.

StarksEwing1

11/3/2018  1:30 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Both notions are complete BS. No one cares enough about the Knicks thi change how they are going to draft.

Agreed
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/3/2018  1:37 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Agreed
I think Dallas preferred Smith. The idea that interest in Frank was a ruse to get the Knicks to take him is a bit far fetched. If the Knicks took Smith, Dallas drafts Frank.
https://thesmokingcuban.com/2017/06/23/the-dallas-mavericks-got-their-guy-in-dennis-smith-jr/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo

11/3/2018  1:45 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Agreed
I think Dallas preferred Smith. The idea that interest in Frank was a ruse to get the Knicks to take him is a bit far fetched. If the Knicks took Smith, Dallas drafts Frank.
https://thesmokingcuban.com/2017/06/23/the-dallas-mavericks-got-their-guy-in-dennis-smith-jr/

At the end of the day we got the superior player they got the one dimensional chucker and *cough* borderline all star *cough*. Who cares who they wanted.

StarksEwing1

11/3/2018  1:54 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Agreed
We will never know for sure. Obviously after the fact they said always wanted smith. Maybe its true. But I do know they were heavily interested in Frank no matter how they try to spin it. At the end of the day im happy. I obviously would of wanted mitchell first but out of the two guards I prefered frank than smith
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/3/2018  2:09 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Agreed

At the end of the day we got the superior player they got the one dimensional chucker and *cough* borderline all star *cough*. Who cares who they wanted.

The reality is they are going to be compared to each other for the rest of their careers. What's interesting, when you go to the Mavs message board it doesn't seem like you're going to find many DSJr fans.
StarksEwing1

11/3/2018  2:23 PM
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Agreed

The reality is they are going to be compared to each other for the rest of their careers. What's interesting, when you go to the Mavs message board it doesn't seem like you're going to find many DSJr fans.
Yeah. A high school buddy of mine works as a digital operator for the Mavs and he says similar things. I think many of them love his scoring ability which I give him credit for being dynamic in that regard. However he doesnt do much else besides that. Not really a point guard(which is why they went after luka) not a great distrubutor,turns over the ball,and obviously cant defend. Thats why I like Frank a lot. Even though his offense is still a work in progress he does many other things that positively help the team
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/3/2018  2:29 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Agreed

Yeah. A high school buddy of mine works as a digital operator for the Mavs and he says similar things. I think many of them love his scoring ability which I give him credit for being dynamic in that regard. However he doesnt do much else besides that. Not really a point guard(which is why they went after luka) not a great distrubutor,turns over the ball,and obviously cant defend. Thats why I like Frank a lot. Even though his offense is still a work in progress he does many other things that positively help the team

And the ugly part for me re DSJ is that he takes the ball OUT of Luka's hands too much.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
StarksEwing1

11/3/2018  2:31 PM
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Agreed

And the ugly part for me re DSJ is that he takes the ball OUT of Luka's hands too much.

yeah true. The times were I felt dallas was a bigger threat to us was when luka had the ball
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/3/2018  4:22 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

This never made sense to me how did they bait the Knicks? Saying they wanted Frank and we would go, That Great Mavs organization wants him let's ignore our scouts and pick him just because the Mavs want him. Thats ridiculous

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/4/2018  12:59 AM
CrushAlot wrote:How did Dotson not play last year?

Answer: Jeff Hornechek

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/4/2018  1:08 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Mavs def wanted Smith. Total smoke screen so Smith fell past Knicks. Knicks are only team that lets everyone else know who we are picking.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/4/2018  1:57 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Mavs def wanted Smith. Total smoke screen so Smith fell past Knicks. Knicks are only team that lets everyone else know who we are picking.

Very happy then that the Mavs are stuck with him and not us.

Game Thread: To "Mav or Mav Not...." that is the question.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy