[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

October 2018 Knicks checklist
Author Thread
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

11/1/2018  12:02 PM
Nitilikina showing some sighs, some progress, if not an immediate big leap: Check

Robinson showing his tools and that he isn't completely lost in a real NBA game: Check

Trier showing he's an NBA player: Check

Hardaway making us second guess whether he's welcome to stick around as a third scoring option: Check

At least one of Vonleh, Hezonja and Burke looking like a keeper: Check

Dotson looking like he's worth keeping around for $1.6m in next summer's cap space purge: Check

Thomas doing nothing to make front office second guess decision to not exercise his option: Check

Knox looking like he belongs near the top of his draft class: Incomplete

Kanter exploding so some contender makes a mistake trading for him: Yeah, no.

Lee hitting 3's so some contender puts him in their back court: Incomplete.

Baker showing his college offense can eventually click in the NBA: Unfortunately, no.

Mudiay showing something other than getting in the paint and dissing it off: Incomplete.

Most of the roster showing effort if not advance skills in D: Check

Something to dream on with Porzingis protecting the paint: Check

Lottery-bound record: Check

AUTOADVERT
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/1/2018  12:25 PM
Fizdale showing he is a legitimate coach who is making these Knicks a hustling, tough defensive minded team: Check
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/1/2018  12:30 PM
Knickoftime wrote:Nitilikina showing some sighs, some progress, if not an immediate big leap: Check

Robinson showing his tools and that he isn't completely lost in a real NBA game: Check

Trier showing he's an NBA player: Check

Hardaway making us second guess whether he's welcome to stick around as a third scoring option: Check

At least one of Vonleh, Hezonja and Burke looking like a keeper: Check

Dotson looking like he's worth keeping around for $1.6m in next summer's cap space purge: Check

Thomas doing nothing to make front office second guess decision to not exercise his option: Check

Knox looking like he belongs near the top of his draft class: Incomplete

Kanter exploding so some contender makes a mistake trading for him: Yeah, no.

Lee hitting 3's so some contender puts him in their back court: Incomplete.

Baker showing his college offense can eventually click in the NBA: Unfortunately, no.

Mudiay showing something other than getting in the paint and dissing it off: Incomplete.

Most of the roster showing effort if not advance skills in D: Check

Something to dream on with Porzingis protecting the paint: Check

Lottery-bound record: Check

Agreed. So far I have been happy. Now we just need to get Knox back healthy
Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/1/2018  1:30 PM
"At least one of Vonleh, Hezonja and Burke looking like a keeper: Check"

Why only one? You'd expect more from a 6+ million signing aka Hezonja

Also, Fizdale not caring about salary when deciding lineups: Check

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Knickoftime

11/1/2018  1:34 PM
Cartman718 wrote:"At least one of Vonleh, Hezonja and Burke looking like a keeper: Check"

Not sure Hezonja's expectations should or would be any different than his career line tells you he is.

All three were lottery tickets. Hezonja was the most expensive one because he apparently had other options. The richest organization the game said "okay, we'll take the flier".

I don't expect any more from him because he's making more.

Cartman718

11/1/2018  1:53 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:"At least one of Vonleh, Hezonja and Burke looking like a keeper: Check"

Not sure Hezonja's expectations should or would be any different than his career line tells you he is.

All three were lottery tickets. Hezonja was the most expensive one because he apparently had other options. The richest organization the game said "okay, we'll take the flier".

oh ok. you're in the minority i think

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Knickoftime

11/1/2018  1:58 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Maybe, but I still don't get it.

Vonleh and Hezonja and Mudiay and Burke are all former top 10 picks. Why should I expect more from Hezonja just because his skillset (and not his success) demanded a higher price?

Cartman718

11/1/2018  2:32 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Maybe, but I still don't get it.

Vonleh and Hezonja and Mudiay and Burke are all former top 10 picks. Why should I expect more from Hezonja just because his skillset (and not his success) demanded a higher price?

not surprising

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/1/2018  2:33 PM
I was thinking about this earlier today. That Knicks would probably be a playoff bound team if KP was playing. Which is why this is a perfect opportunity to add a blue chip prospect top lotto talent.

Just have to find a way to balance out the roster.

The question with Hardaway is as a third option is he as effective? He is a gunner which has worked to up his numbers as the feature. Can he be the feature on a contender though? If he is slid down the pecking order due to more talented scoring options. Does he bring enough with the ball not in his hands? For example Klay is the 3rd option on GS. He provides strong defense, spacing, ball movement and overall high IQ play. Can Thjr round his game out the same way? Grantsd GS is hard to duplicate but the principals are the same. Dotson's game on the other hand is prefectly built for that spot as he develops. Trier is a cheaper gunner option to cover the bench. But Hardaway-Trier-Dotson give up to much size since they will have to play SF to get mins. One of them will have to be moved for a natural SF.

To make it work with Hardaway he would need to be the 2nd option to KP. With the rest of the lineup being strong 2 way players. Then have that 3rd scoring option come off the bench as a feature. Rather than playing all 3 of them together. But it depends on who that other guy is. If it's a guy that plays strong enough impact defense then Hardaway would have that coverage.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/1/2018  2:41 PM
Hardaway, Knox, Trier, Robinson, Frank, Dotson, and Vonleh all showing signs and look like keepers. Huge win there.

Burke and Hezonja have both been really disappointing.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/1/2018  3:23 PM
Knixkik wrote:Hardaway, Knox, Trier, Robinson, Frank, Dotson, and Vonleh all showing signs and look like keepers. Huge win there.

I agree. I would give Burke and Hezonja a little more time.

Burke - He needs to find his niche. Right now, his size is being exploited. He needs to be who he is and that's a offensive fire plug. Fiz needs to control his minutes. He is good for 3-4 min runs.

Hezonja - I am actually OK with him. His play has been acceptable.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/1/2018  3:29 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Hardaway, Knox, Trier, Robinson, Frank, Dotson, and Vonleh all showing signs and look like keepers. Huge win there.

Burke - He needs to find his niche. Right now, his size is being exploited. He needs to be who he is and that's a offensive fire plug. Fiz needs to control his minutes. He is good for 3-4 min runs.

Not me but I haven't watched him super closely. I just can't figure out what his niche is and what he is doing.

I know he keeps losing his defender in transition, big time losing too.

And I can't figure out why his market price was so high, he must have been chugging along last half of last year.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/1/2018  4:14 PM
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Not me but I haven't watched him super closely. I just can't figure out what his niche is and what he is doing.

I know he keeps losing his defender in transition, big time losing too.

And I can't figure out why his market price was so high, he must have been chugging along last half of last year.

I am a big fan of Mario. I think he is the most gifted offensive player on this team. I don't think he is a natural defender but I do see him hustling on defense. I think his outside shot is much better than we have seen. I don't think he sets up enough and is shooting off balance too often. I like the fact he never met a shot he didn't like. Frank needs a little of this mind set. Mario needs to improve his handle in traffic and be more careful with some of his passes. He may be trying to fit into Fiz's system and may need to be more comfortable until we see better results. Mario was very good for Orlando the 2nd half of last year.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/1/2018  4:41 PM
Mario has his moments and a skill. Might help if he takes that stick out of his ass and get a little low on defense.
Burke seems to be regressing. Dot taking some of his shots, Frank is orchestrating clearly better than anyone.
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/1/2018  4:52 PM
The book might be out on Burke. Don't let him go left (oddly)

problem is the rest of his game feeds off his making shots or so it seems. I don't see the passes or defense or even the nose for the ball that he seems to have when he has his game rolling.

He might be a situational guy, putting him in at the right time to exploit some matchups (and when our primary need is points).

too bad, earlier in the season I thought he had a good thing going with THJ

(5)(5)
October 2018 Knicks checklist

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy