[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Nitilikina get FiveThirtyEight Love
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/1/2018  4:27 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:lol @ holding it against a PG for not providing 5* defense on a PF

If you are referring to me, I'm NOT holding it against Frank,LOL, for not providing def against a 4 or 5. I'm remarking to the "people" or "persons" who over state Franks defense , saying how he can defend 4 or 5 positions on the court. He did the best he could but he got killed by Indys power forwards last night.

I don't think it has been overstated. He has already shown dating back to his rookie season that he can deny entry passes as well as successfully stay in front and hold his positions for the most part if he is forced to switch. There will probably be some players that just have his number and he can't do so as successfully and vise versa. Saying he can guard 4s doesn't mean he will lineup at PF and own everyone he faces.

There also was a video recently posted showing all the ground Frank covers using his length and proper angles. At the end of the day the kid puts in a ton of effort to disrupt passing lanes, help defense and man defense.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/1/2018  4:28 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:lol @ holding it against a PG for not providing 5* defense on a PF

If you are referring to me, I'm NOT holding it against Frank,LOL, for not providing def against a 4 or 5. I'm remarking to the "people" or "persons" who over state Franks defense , saying how he can defend 4 or 5 positions on the court. He did the best he could but he got killed by Indys power forwards last night.

Yes, So did every other knick.

meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

11/1/2018  6:52 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:Can we dismiss the theory that Frank can guard 4-5 positions. He was getting KILLLED guarding Indys power forwards. I think they scored every time Frank got switched over on to them.
Were people saying he could guard 4-5 positions?

Thank you for asking that. He can guard multiple positions not all 5.
Of course he can, the 1, 2 and 3. He can't guard big 4's and def not 5's. Yes people said that Frank is so good defensively and with his log arms that he can guard almost anyone on the court. No way. Meloshouldgo how can you have opinions on this site that people respect when you admit that you don't watch many if any games? You look at the box score and decide on that? Let me guess , you stayed at a Holiday Inn last night?

No **** Sherlock. Your have put your keen mind to the task and come up with the wrong conclusion and something tells me this isn't the first time. How many games do you need to watch to form an opinion on a player? Do I look at stats as well, yes! And that makes one of us. Because if you did you would have figured out by now that Frank can guard opposing stretch 4s. I suggest you start following stats as well might help you understand things better, don't worry if takes a long time to do that, we'll leave the light on for ya.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Kemet
Member: #6148

11/1/2018  10:09 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

I don't think it has been overstated. He has already shown dating back to his rookie season that he can deny entry passes as well as successfully stay in front and hold his positions for the most part if he is forced to switch. There will probably be some players that just have his number and he can't do so as successfully and vise versa. Saying he can guard 4s doesn't mean he will lineup at PF and own everyone he faces.

There also was a video recently posted showing all the ground Frank covers using his length and proper angles. At the end of the day the kid puts in a ton of effort to disrupt passing lanes, help defense and man defense.

Frank came to the NBA as a young system player whom had athletic charisma on the defensive end of the court, Frank having the ability to box-out opponents inside the paint, plus skillful to defend a wide area of the passing-lane, plus able to get through screens and picks to keep defending his man .. something a lot of NBA players cant do to save their life.
Do Frank co-exist with Timmy in the backcourt as tandem guards?
Timmy came to the NBA as a scorer having none of his fathers defensive mind-set.
All Knick opponents have film knowledge of Timmy Hardaway Jr. poor defensive skills ..
Timmy doesn't have the skill-set on how to get past a pick or screen, and that's the reason why we been watching Knicks opponent scorers always have screens and picks put up to have Timmy defending them instead of Frank .. and this we all watch from the preseason games to the 8 regular season games .. the same way we see teams put up picks to get players like the Celtics Kyrie Irving defending whomever the scorer are.

In Frank NBA rookie season .. the Knicks did not have any keeper veterans on the roster to show Frank or Dotson the ins and outs of the NBA rules, nor did the Knicks have keeper veterans to let Frank know where they like to get the ball on court, or what type of pass to throw them. There's the reason why Frank gives up the ball as soon as he dribble over half court.
Its very important to any winning club to have a few long term veterans on the roster, hopefully a couple of drafted veterans.
The Knicks has not been a KEEPER team in over a decade ..
Every season the Knicks start the season having 6 to 9 new players added to the roster.
The Knicks organization has become like the old 1980 to 2000 L.A. Clippers ..
The Clippers team No NBA player in their right mind wanted to sign on to, or be traded to back then.
The Knicks has become the old LA Clippers in the past decade.

Will Dolan and Mills ever change the Knicks ???

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/1/2018  10:24 PM
Kemet wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

Frank came to the NBA as a young system player whom had athletic charisma on the defensive end of the court, Frank having the ability to box-out opponents inside the paint, plus skillful to defend a wide area of the passing-lane, plus able to get through screens and picks to keep defending his man .. something a lot of NBA players cant do to save their life.
Do Frank co-exist with Timmy in the backcourt as tandem guards?
Timmy came to the NBA as a scorer having none of his fathers defensive mind-set.
All Knick opponents have film knowledge of Timmy Hardaway Jr. poor defensive skills ..
Timmy doesn't have the skill-set on how to get past a pick or screen, and that's the reason why we been watching Knicks opponent scorers always have screens and picks put up to have Timmy defending them instead of Frank .. and this we all watch from the preseason games to the 8 regular season games .. the same way we see teams put up picks to get players like the Celtics Kyrie Irving defending whomever the scorer are.

In Frank NBA rookie season .. the Knicks did not have any keeper veterans on the roster to show Frank or Dotson the ins and outs of the NBA rules, nor did the Knicks have keeper veterans to let Frank know where they like to get the ball on court, or what type of pass to throw them. There's the reason why Frank gives up the ball as soon as he dribble over half court.
Its very important to any winning club to have a few long term veterans on the roster, hopefully a couple of drafted veterans.
The Knicks has not been a KEEPER team in over a decade ..
Every season the Knicks start the season having 6 to 9 new players added to the roster.
The Knicks organization has become like the old 1980 to 2000 L.A. Clippers ..
The Clippers team No NBA player in their right mind wanted to sign on to, or be traded to back then.
The Knicks has become the old LA Clippers in the past decade.

Will Dolan and Mills ever change the Knicks ???

Well, they DID draft Hardaway.

Maybe they can rev the Delorean up to 88 and make sure they hold onto Jordan Hill?

fwk00
Member: #6048

11/1/2018  11:42 PM
I'm someone who asserts Frank can defend all five positions. But I've never said he could guard everybody.

Frank is long enough to handle the majority of players competently.

And I've been saying for over a year now that he is the Knicks unicorn. Now if Porky comes back that makes two.

Nitilikina get FiveThirtyEight Love

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy