Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/2/2018  9:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2018  9:17 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:Night and day for Dot from last year and preseason to now. Impressed.

wish I can say this for more guys on the roster.

There's only 3 guys on the roster that has shown a major improvement..Dot, THJ, NOAH. A-

Mario looks like last yr - C+

frank looks like last yr- C

Burke is really confused about his role, he has been as sporadic as the minutes he's getting C-

Jury still out on mudiay

Lance looks like he is in great shape, but he does nothing on offense D+

Kanter looks like he's playing for a contract, and not only is he forcing the issue against double teams, he has made some "horrendous momentum shifting turnovers" C+

The coaching staff, C-

you are bat blind if you think Frank looks like last year. I mean, come on man. This is flat embarrassing

Actually you're right, he does look a little better, but none of the guys have been game changers, but they have all showed signs, just inconsistent

There's a reason Frank has started every game. He is one of the most impactful players on the team. You are focused too much on stats i think. Same with last season.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/2/2018  9:58 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:Night and day for Dot from last year and preseason to now. Impressed.

There's only 3 guys on the roster that has shown a major improvement..Dot, THJ, NOAH. A-

Burke is really confused about his role, he has been as sporadic as the minutes he's getting C-

Jury still out on mudiay

Kanter looks like he's playing for a contract, and not only is he forcing the issue against double teams, he has made some "horrendous momentum shifting turnovers" C+

The coaching staff, C-

Letter grades are awesome!
Bottom line is Frank is improving and contrast to Burke regressing. Trier inclusion excludes Baker.
Dot contribution vs. Mario's inconsistency of late.
Mitch detracts from Enes role.

What is happening? We are not very good yet but there is a lot going on in just a few short games!!!
Fiz is moving a lot of things around and some are on the rise while others are being moved aside.
Pure fundamentally Frank is managing the floor very well. There are lots of deficiencies on this team. THus far most UK are pretty good emphasizing some positives. There are always those who prefer to focus on the negative.

Frank does control the pace and organize the offense, but i expected to see the kind of improvement Dotson is giving us. I expected to see the same thing with mario and burke as well

I like FIZ, but he is having a hard time with his late game line ups, he has got to put the more experience guys in down the stretch of close games, or at least a favorable match up.

Perhaps your expectations are a bit too high. He puts in Lance and you can see while the experience is there, the talent is not. This is the youngest team in the league and two cornerstones are not playing now. Knox and KP.
Fiz gets them to the last few minutes and we lost. Glass half full or half empty? This team is playing up to capacity at the moment. The fact that Frank is seeing the game and becoming the extension of the coach at this early stage is very encouraging to some of us. Don't get me wrong, we want him to shoot more if his coach does. But we have a young man who also plays within his means and not turnover prone on offense as well. Inconsistancy is actually part of the process. There won't be a breakout moment when the angels sing. Its incremental.
The lack of blowouts are incremental improvement.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/2/2018  3:42 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Jury still out on mudiay

The coaching staff, C-

Letter grades are awesome!
Bottom line is Frank is improving and contrast to Burke regressing. Trier inclusion excludes Baker.
Dot contribution vs. Mario's inconsistency of late.
Mitch detracts from Enes role.

What is happening? We are not very good yet but there is a lot going on in just a few short games!!!
Fiz is moving a lot of things around and some are on the rise while others are being moved aside.
Pure fundamentally Frank is managing the floor very well. There are lots of deficiencies on this team. THus far most UK are pretty good emphasizing some positives. There are always those who prefer to focus on the negative.

Frank does control the pace and organize the offense, but i expected to see the kind of improvement Dotson is giving us. I expected to see the same thing with mario and burke as well

I like FIZ, but he is having a hard time with his late game line ups, he has got to put the more experience guys in down the stretch of close games, or at least a favorable match up.

Perhaps your expectations are a bit too high. He puts in Lance and you can see while the experience is there, the talent is not. This is the youngest team in the league and two cornerstones are not playing now. Knox and KP.
Fiz gets them to the last few minutes and we lost. Glass half full or half empty? This team is playing up to capacity at the moment. The fact that Frank is seeing the game and becoming the extension of the coach at this early stage is very encouraging to some of us. Don't get me wrong, we want him to shoot more if his coach does. But we have a young man who also plays within his means and not turnover prone on offense as well. Inconsistancy is actually part of the process. There won't be a breakout moment when the angels sing. Its incremental.
The lack of blowouts are incremental improvement.

Frank is 4 years younger and has more overall responsibility on his plate than Dotson.

Burke and Herzonia just aren't fitting the things Fizz wants to do just like Kanter. I thought Fizz would wait out the year and then go in reshaping the roster to his liking first. But he is going after his vision right away.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Dotson's Role

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy