[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
Knickoftime
Posts: 23735
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

10/30/2018  3:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2018  4:26 PM
arkrud wrote:I already replied - the truth will remain the same forever for Trump after smashing into the ground. His existence in the Trump body will end with all his believes and memories. Of course you will know that his believes were wrong but what it has do do with him?

For one, because if he wasn't a ****ing moron he'd still be alive, which is the ultimate influence of his truths. Whether he existed to have any more.

No way you can affect how Trump or anyone for that matter feel or what he/she believes in.

Sure you can.

You're confusing the stubbornness of belief with objectivity, and you're wrong. People can and do change their beliefs all the time, often with the help of people who know better, and when I say better, I mean like how not to die when jumping out of a plane.

Your entire belief system is seemingly based on language, for example.

There is nothing real in the world. All we people see is produced by our senses.

This is rhetorical nonsense.

As again, established by traffic lights, communication satellites and air traffic control, what is "real" is shared perception - that your and my senses both produce things we can commonly interpret without any coordinated effort on our part. Whatever you personally want to call it, this is what others describe as "real."

You denying the existence of this shared perception simply by refuting the word we use to describe it is pointless.

Both of our senses are telling us who will start at PG for the Knicks tomorrow night and both our senses are telling us he has highlights in his hair. That is both OUR truth and facts.

So what do YOU call it?

I don't think you can call it anything.

I think that would endanger this lie you're telling yourself.

AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Posts: 32211
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
10/30/2018  4:28 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
arkrud wrote:I did not like a lot of staff that BRIGS said but I am accepting all people as they are.
It is up to me how to react and it is not possible to change what people are.

I don't doubt this is how you explain it to yourself and therefore it is your truth.

Your actions, however, speak otherwise.

You are clearly an advocate of a certain viewpoint, a viewpoint in which advocacy is contradictory.

Human mind cannot exist without a viewpoint. It is all it is.
And contradiction is the being of the mind.
The truth is in Self which is what we are as a part of The whole Creation.
Mind is juts temporary shell for The Self.

You're selling now. You're a frequent salesperson.

What you're trying to sell is that no one should try to sell.


Do not afraid to be more specific.

I don't believe I have ever been accused of that.

We are not discussing the facts but rather believes. Believes cannot be overturned by facts. This is the nature of believes.

No, it isn't. It is the nature of some people's believes. People who are at a disadvantage in life. What you describe is a bad thing. Not a good thing.

I believe that if we will put in check our small Mind and big Ego we can find The great Self we all are longing for.

No, you don't. Your posts are consistently ALL about your ego.

You clearly believe you have some sort of insight into the nature of existence that others don't and you want them to benefit from what you know and they don't.

That is ego, by definition.

You practice the polar opposite of what you preach. You don't respect and accept MY truth or others. You try to influence and persuade it.

Which btw, I find nothing wrong with, its just ironic you present yourself as completely unaware of your own action and intentions.

Sorry if I offended you in any way.
I am just curious in you experience in trying to present facts to believers on any faith, religious or political, or moral made them change their faith because of undeniable facts you presented. I am sure non of then changed their believes even a bit. Because believes are not based on facts. This is not good or bad. This is the nature of believes. Is sky or forest good or bad? They just exist. So do believes.

I'm not offended in any way, nor is my intentions to offend you. I'm just being straightforward as to my thoughts and giving you the respect that you're able to handle it.

I'm not trying to debate with you the existence of belief and how it often can have no relation to fact. No argument.

You're just seemingly denying there is a difference.

Belief is the notion the world is flat. Fact is putting a satellite in orbit using the math and physics accounting for a round earth and afterwards being able to track its exact location and have it perform its function for decades.

There is belief, and there are facts.

They are not the same.

That some people ignorantly think there is no distinction is irrelevant. Those people are objectively mistaken, which is again, why we can have Netflix, electricity, traffic lights and life-saving medicine. Because the people who are able to distinguish facts from belief save the 'believers' from themselves, even while they are resented for it.

I never said that facts and believes are the same thing. Contrary I stated that they are not.
Facts established in the past based on experience. Believes exist now based on feeling of the moment and may became facts or may not.
Many people tend to act on feelings and believes of the moment not the facts of the past. I don't know if it is good or bad but this is my experience.

I am not trying to convince anyone that I have any special insight into the nature of existence.

Either someone(s) here or yourself, or you're consistently posting without reason or purpose.

What is the reason or purpose of the conversation outside of the conversation itself.
I am just enjoin the fact of conversation as it is regardless of any result of it.
What practical result of the posting can be anyways?

I have my own experience which makes me happy and well. I want to share it in hope it will help others if they need it.

You make it clear you think you're correct, not just happen to know of an alternative.

I'm perfectly happy and well. Why would it occur to you that I'm not and need something to make me so? Because you don't believe I can be happy unless I acknowledge your truth?

I states that you or anyone can look into other people experiences and practices if they feel they are interested or have a need to.
But I never said they should. One can come to the supermarket with a lot of staff available but he may need or wont nothing of it.
So he buys nothing.

But without this simple acceptance in my opinion there is no way for sustained happiness.

Exactly, you don't believe someone's truth can be lead to their own happiness if its not your truth.

You're arguing there ONLY one correct path, which is another way to describe what our shared language defines as a truth or a fact.

This is your ego causing you to describe your interpretation of fact and how others who don't accept or comprehend this fact are doomed.

Your "belief" is objectively self-contradictory.

And that's the great things about facts. It doesn't matter if you don't happen to see it to be a fact.

So you think that is one will found something or someone to blame for the problems and misfortunes in his life this will make this individual happy... Probably yes, until next problem will arise... Is this sustainable?
I am not denying the facts, and it is obvious that they are useful to avoid mistakes of the past, collect knowledge, and happy memories.
I am just not equating facts to truth. Because truth is a feeling about facts and so it is different fir every person and even every present moment can bring different truth for the same person.
Again - this is just my opinion (or believe as you stated) and I am not trying you or anyone else to share them.
Contrary I like that everyone have different believes and different truth. This makes the World colorful and beautiful place to be.


"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
arkrud
Posts: 32211
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
10/30/2018  4:36 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
arkrud wrote:I already replied - the truth will remain the same forever for Trump after smashing into the ground. His existence in the Trump body will end with all his believes and memories. Of course you will know that his believes were wrong but what it has do do with him?

For one, because if he wasn't a ****ing moron he'd still be alive, which is the ultimate influence of his truths. Whether he existed to have any more.

No way you can affect how Trump or anyone for that matter feel or what he/she believes in.

Sure you can.

You're confusing the stubbornness of belief with objectivity, and you're wrong. People can and do change their beliefs all the time, often with the help of people who know better, and when I say better, I mean like how not to die when jumping out of a plane.

Your entire belief system is seemingly based on language, for example.

There is nothing real in the world. All we people see is produced by our senses.

This is rhetorical nonsense.

As again, established by traffic lights, communication satellites and air traffic control, what is "real" is shared perception - that your and my senses both produce things we can commonly interpret without any coordinated effort on our part. Whatever you personally want to call it, this is what others describe as "real."

You denying the existence of this shared perception simply by refuting the word we use to describe it is pointless.

Both of our senses are telling us who will start at PG for the Knicks tomorrow night and both our senses are telling us he has highlights in his hair. That is both OUR truth and facts.

So what do YOU call it?

I don't think you can call it anything.

I think that would endanger this lie you're telling yourself.

This is quite fascinating that some random thoughts of mine offended you so much and make you so exited...
Not sure how I managed to push so many buttons if my ideas are just total bull...
I noticed many times that even mentioning to people that they are not in control of their own mind not to mention other peoples minds makes them furious. Is it just because this is inconvenient truth?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knickoftime
Posts: 23735
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

10/30/2018  5:39 PM
arkrud wrote:I states that you or anyone can look into other people experiences and practices if they feel they are interested or have a need to. But I never said they should.

Yeah, no.

You did.

"But without this simple acceptance in my opinion there is no way for sustained happiness."

You made it clear you have enough insight into the truths of others that you know they can't be happy unless they accept what you have.

That's judging and objectifying truths you've never experienced and telling people what their truths should be if they want sustained happiness, which in this case you're also objectifying as a universal standard.

So you think that is one will found something or someone to blame for the problems and misfortunes in his life this will make this individual happy... Probably yes, until next problem will arise... Is this sustainable?

And again, this is you criticizing someone else's perception/truth for not being the correct truth to lead to an objective goal.

Which is you being a hypocrite.

I am just not equating facts to truth. Because truth is a feeling about facts and so it is different fir every person and even every present moment can bring different truth for the same person.

You've made up your own definition of truth and are attempting to argue it has any relevance to anything.

Knickoftime
Posts: 23735
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

10/30/2018  5:54 PM
arkrud wrote:This is quite fascinating that some random thoughts of mine offended you so much and make you so exited...
Not sure how I managed to push so many buttons if my ideas are just total bull...
I noticed many times that even mentioning to people that they are not in control of their own mind not to mention other peoples minds makes them furious.

And again, this you being a hypocrite, on multiple levels.

I already told you I'm not offended. So you're denying me MY "truth" and giving yourself credit to not only judge my state of mind by words on a screen, but to also conclude I'm lying to you about it.

This is entirely contradictory to what you think you believe.

You're also engaging in a common message board debate tactic, you think there is some value in describing me in pejorative terms like "offended" and "excited" and "furious" and "not in control of my own mind" and giving yourself credit for producing such effects in me and observing them while you remain calm and "happy".

And you're defending your views against the charge of them being "total bull..."

That's ego.

That's petty ego.

Is it just because this is inconvenient truth? [;])

"Because truth is a feeling about facts and so it is different fir every person and even every present moment can bring different truth for the same person."

There are no truths, remember? What may be inconvenient for your truth may not be for mine.

You seem to have trouble remembering your own terms and arguments.

StraightShot
Posts: 20087
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 8/12/2012
Member: #4322

10/31/2018  6:48 PM
I miss BRIGGS too cuz he admired and respected Jim Dolan, just like me. I hope mgmt allow him to returns so he can shower us with he wisdom.
FIX THE KNICKS / AND MAKE THEM SHINE / GET ’EM TO WIN LIKE ITS ’69 / HITTIN’ ALL THEIR FREE THROWS / AND NO MORE SHOOTING BRICKS / TIME TO GET IT RIGHT / AND FIX THE KNICKS
jrodmc
Posts: 32451
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
11/5/2018  8:46 AM
I actually heard that BRIGGS stole some of Jimmy's guitar strings and retired on the residuals from selling them on the black market.
You might want to look into trying to get them back for our noble owner, StraightShot.
Hope is a good thing. And nothing good ever dies, but it just may not make it too far in the playoffs. Or maybe it will...next year... after we trade away everything for Kawhi... and Dame... and CP3...
metra
Posts: 20743
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/11/2003
Member: #473
1/10/2019  11:55 PM
What happened to Hasheem Thabeet?
jrodmc
Posts: 32451
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
2/7/2019  9:10 AM
Chris McNealy?
Hope is a good thing. And nothing good ever dies, but it just may not make it too far in the playoffs. Or maybe it will...next year... after we trade away everything for Kawhi... and Dame... and CP3...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy