[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Warriors at Knicks - 7:30 pm ET
Author Thread
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/27/2018  12:35 AM
fitzfarm wrote:The players need to be held accountable but same goes for the coach

Okay.

How?

AUTOADVERT
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
10/27/2018  12:47 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Uptown wrote:For years, people on this site have been complaining about Knick coaches not holding everyone accountable. I bet if it was Melo who didn't fight through a screen and got benched most everyone on this board would have applauded. But because its Frank, people have a problem. What happened to holding EVERYONE accountable for a missed assignment? Burke was benched most of the 4th quarter for leaving a Buck player wide open in the corner. Burke was responsible for keeping us in the game during the 3rd but still got benched for missing a defensive assignment and ain't nobody said **** about that. But since Frank got benched, everybody got a problem. Pat Riley would have benched him. So would Pop. I bet Frank will learn from this especially during the film session.

Frank was dominating curry even forced a jump ball a few plays before he didn’t fight through the screen, People should be holding Fizdale accountable for leaving Frank in to long and also sitting him way to long...

Minus frank,Mitch,d dot. we fell apart we were up double digits ... I understand giving the starters a breather at the end of the third and for a minute or 2 in to the fourth ... but to basically wait till we were down by double digits and less then 6 minutes to go to install the starting line up back in the game that dominated the champs for most of the game ... what was fiz thinking ?

What really bothered me was that he took it out on the starters after he already lost the game for us, that’s a sure way to lose the locker room.... take accountability for your actions fiz don’t take it out on the lineup that outplayed the champs

With that said I get taking frank out for not fighting through the screen. But it was pretty easy to see frank was drained. Fiz should have pulled frank and asked how long he needed before going back in. Getting mad and Yelling at a sensitive young player who is having one of his best games of his young career...

I think that Frank is receptive to coaching and takes it to heart. Why does this "sensitivity" need to be negative?
The timing and subject (defense) of the "yelling" may not be coincidental.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/27/2018  12:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2018  12:53 AM
Uptown wrote:For years, people on this site have been complaining about Knick coaches not holding everyone accountable. I bet if it was Melo who didn't fight through a screen and got benched most everyone on this board would have applauded. But because its Frank, people have a problem. What happened to holding EVERYONE accountable for a missed assignment? Burke was benched most of the 4th quarter for leaving a Buck player wide open in the corner. Burke was responsible for keeping us in the game during the 3rd but still got benched for missing a defensive assignment and ain't nobody said **** about that. But since Frank got benched, everybody got a problem. Pat Riley would have benched him. So would Pop. I bet Frank will learn from this especially during the film session.

Community pick.

Frank did well. Wrote about him making faster decisions, especially when it comes to attacking, and he certainly did that. As pleased as I was with Frank's performance, its the ability to sustain this level of aggressiveness that remains to be seen.

Agree its no big deal he got benched. Like you said, accountability.

In the first half Kanter was getting the ball were he likes it, in and around the paint, and got rolling. Second half was getting the ball too far out.

Most important of all, we got the moral victory. Looked like it was slipping away for a while, but we pulled through. Seriously, I liked the effort. Knicks used their youth, to play GS's game, and they had trouble keeping up at times.

In the 4th, they slowed the game down (like in the playoffs) and picked us apart. Wouldnt have been so easy with a healthy KP, and Knox. Im encouraged.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/27/2018  1:10 AM
On the bright side, least we're not the Rockets or Thunder.

Melo's managing to bring down 2 teams at once.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/27/2018  2:25 AM
Knickoftime wrote:On the bright side, least we're not the Rockets or Thunder.

Melo's managing to bring down 2 teams at once.

Yes, nice to see that we're not even close to being in if the NBAs most dysfunctional teams this season. Things are looking steady and we're seeing some development.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/27/2018  7:51 AM
I did not see the game.
Could Fiz been upset with himself for mismanaging the minutes?
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/27/2018  8:10 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
not sure what melo or burke has to do with it. Its not frank vs melo/burke Lets be honest you cant compare defense with frank and those guys. Fighting through a screen isnt easy. I could understand if frank was free and hesitated going out on him but that wasnt it. Look I didnt see it so im not yelling at fiz. My issue with fiz is that he kept the successful starting unit out too long until we were in a 10 point hole

Don't be naive...you know exactly why I brought up Melo and Burke! Melo was the most hated and Trey was benched against the Bucks for a missed defensive assignment just like Frank was last night and nobody was upset about that. I get it, though...Frank is the boards darling or as Gustav said, the community pick. That's why most are upset about the benching. One poster said Frank is too sensitive to get benched! WTF! I applaud a coach for holding EVERYONE accountable regardless of the name on the back of the jersey.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/27/2018  8:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2018  8:30 AM
Uptown wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
not sure what melo or burke has to do with it. Its not frank vs melo/burke Lets be honest you cant compare defense with frank and those guys. Fighting through a screen isnt easy. I could understand if frank was free and hesitated going out on him but that wasnt it. Look I didnt see it so im not yelling at fiz. My issue with fiz is that he kept the successful starting unit out too long until we were in a 10 point hole

Don't be naive...you know exactly why I brought up Melo and Burke! Melo was the most hated and Trey was benched against the Bucks for a missed defensive assignment just like Frank was last night and nobody was upset about that. I get it, though...Frank is the boards darling or as Gustav said, the community pick. That's why most are upset about the benching. One poster said Frank is too sensitive to get benched! WTF! I applaud a coach for holding EVERYONE accountable regardless of the name on the back of the jersey.

You claim to call it fairly but you clearly take it personally when people defend Frank. You are intentionally making this about the benching which no one had protested that. If you follow the Knicks at all you should know Frank needs to build his confidence in being aggressive. When you are having the best game of your life you can expect to have your coach not treat you like garbage in front of the whole team and a garden crowd or to go out of his way to humiliate you. Holding EVERYONE accountable is the standard, so have you seen Fiz rip your precious Burke a new ******* and publicly humiliate him everytime he fails to fight through a screen? Or do you call for accountability then? What kind of defense did Burke, THJR and Trier play when they were in their conceding the lead? Why aren't YOU asking for them to be held accountable and benched AND humilated in the same way?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GustavBahler

10/27/2018  8:46 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

You claim to call it fairly but you clearly take it personally when people defend Frank. You are intentionally making this about the benching which no one had protested that. If you follow the Knicks at all you should know Frank needs to build his confidence in being aggressive. When you are having the best game of your life you can expect to have your coach not treat you like garbage in front of the whole team and a garden crowd or to go out of his way to humiliate you. Holding EVERYONE accountable is the standard, so have you seen Fiz rip your precious Burke a new ******* and publicly humiliate him everytime he fails to fight through a screen? Or do you call for accountability then? What kind of defense did Burke, THJR and Trier play when they were in their conceding the lead? Why aren't YOU asking for them to be held accountable and benched AND humilated in the same way?

He's just a baby! Dont believe Frank took getting chewed out over a blown assignment as seriously as you have.

Frank was treated with kid gloves his rookie year. I didnt see Hornacek yell at Frank once. He was given regular minutes, regardless of his play, and a wide berth.

Frank isnt a rookie anymore, this might be the first time he really got chewed out since becoming a Knick.

Id rather Frank understand that the training wheels are coming off.
Thats why Fizdale started him, why he chewed him out.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/27/2018  9:06 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

He's just a baby! Dont believe Frank took getting chewed out over a blown assignment as seriously as you have.

Frank was treated with kid gloves his rookie year. I didnt see Hornacek yell at Frank once. He was given regular minutes, regardless of his play, and a wide berth.

Frank isnt a rookie anymore, this might be the first time he really got chewed out since becoming a Knick.

And in 3, 2, 1...

You are so predictable. It's comical.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Uptown

10/27/2018  9:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2018  10:03 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

The best way for a coach to get through to player is to take away minutes. Fiz took the keys from Burkes hands as he was removed from the starting lineup! Pretty sure Burke was humiliated by that. Burke had a great 3rd q against the Bucks and was benched in the 4th for a missed defensive assignment same way Frank was benched.

I'm pretty sure you started multiple threads calling for Melo to be benched, held accountable or as you say humiliated...Frank ain't above being yelled at by a coach and neither is anyone else in the NBA. You never saw Pop yell at Duncan?! Kawhi?! If Fiz really wants to humiliate Frank, he'll remove him from the starting lineup...pretty sure that ain't happening. Reading some of these responses gives me the impression that Fiz yelling at a player ain't the problem...its who he yelled at that most on this board has a problem with...as long as Fiz is consistent, no one should have a problem with that.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/27/2018  9:28 AM
i looked for video of it but couldn’t find it. was anyone else at the game who could weigh in?

personally i’m all for accountability too, but this was about a coach’s demeanor. it was an over-the-top demonstration that was way out of proportion for the circumstances and reflected poorly on his stewardship. just one person’s opinion so i wish we could find a clip so others could weigh in.

Uptown

10/27/2018  9:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2018  9:59 AM
Marv wrote:i looked for video of it but couldn’t find it. was anyone else at the game who could weigh in?

personally i’m all for accountability too, but this was about a coach’s demeanor. it was an over-the-top demonstration that was way out of proportion for the circumstances and reflected poorly on his stewardship. just one person’s opinion so i wish we could find a clip so others could weigh in.

I need to see it again too....but, let's look at it from a coaches perspective. We have no idea what went on behind the scenes while they went over the scouting report. There is nothing worse to a coach than going over the game plan, telling a player to do something and the player doesn't listen or doesn't execute the way they were taught to...maybe Frank was told how to defend the screen and roll at halftime or during a time out, or in the scouting report and still, he made the same mistake. Things like that can make a coach lose it in the heat of a game...obviously I'm speculating, but we really don't know what triggered Fiz...but it helps to try to see things from both sides...

GustavBahler

10/27/2018  9:42 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

And in 3, 2, 1...

Sorry, first time Frank really gets an earful as a pro, and you make it sound like he needs a hug and a juice box.

Cmon man. Frank can handle it, if he cant then thats a problem. Lets see how Frank responds. Might surprise you

Uptown

10/27/2018  9:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2018  10:01 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

And in 3, 2, 1...

Sorry, first time Frank really gets an earful as a pro, and you make it sound like he needs a hug and a juice box.

Cmon man. Frank can handle it, if he cant then thats a problem. Lets see how Frank responds. Might surprise you

This all I'm saying!!! My post aint anti-Frank...if anything, its Pro-Fiz! I'm excited that we finally have a coach that will seemingly hold all players accountable and ain't afraid to COACH these players. Aint afraid to get in these players faces and demand attention to details!! This is a big change from the passive-puppet Horncek, or Woodson who clearly played favorites....I feel like we finally got the coach that's going to turn this program around...

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/27/2018  9:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2018  10:01 AM
Uptown wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Look I dont have a problem with accountability. Like I said a few times I didnt see the incident so its not fair for me to get mad at fizdale. Trying to fight over a screen isnt easy. Sometimes guys are gonna get open its inevitable. HOWEVER I am mad that he kept the starters out too long while the warriors took the lead. I felt the kids outplayed them and at least deserved the chance to try and finish the job. I love fizdale. I just have questioned his 4th quarter decisions.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/27/2018  10:33 AM
one other note. i’m a big fiz supporter. i think he’s a great choice for us. but i think he has a quality that’s a potential derailer and i would hope that perry and mills are giving him feedback so he can be more aware and change it so he doesn’t create another memphis scenario.
StarksEwing1

10/27/2018  10:38 AM
Marv wrote:one other note. i’m a big fiz supporter. i think he’s a great choice for us. but i think he has a quality that’s a potential derailer and i would hope that perry and mills are giving him feedback so he can be more aware and change it so he doesn’t create another memphis scenario.
Thanks for pointing out what happened. Obviously I didnt see it on tv. I could understand if a player just didnt get out on a defender. But trying to get to Curry by fighting over a screen happens to every player. Frank is very good at fighting over screens but obviously nobody can ever fight over all of them
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/27/2018  11:11 AM
Knickoftime wrote:This is what the Warriors do.

No one was stopping what happened in the 4th, or staying ahead of it.

C'mon fellas.

This. A good friend of mine is a huge Warrior fan and always talks about how they can turn it on when they need to. I almost texted him at the end of the third quarter to talk trash but there was too much time left.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

10/27/2018  11:14 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:This is what the Warriors do.

No one was stopping what happened in the 4th, or staying ahead of it.

C'mon fellas.

This. A good friend of mine is a huge Warrior fan and always talks about how they can turn it on when they need to. I almost texted him at the end of the third quarter to talk trash but there was too much time left.
Well I certainly agree. They are scary good. I just wanted our starters at least to have a chance after how great they played against their stars.
Game Thread: Warriors at Knicks - 7:30 pm ET

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy