Game Thread: Warriors at Knicks - 7:30 pm ET
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/26/2018  11:05 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Marv wrote:guess it didn’t show on tv but frank didn’t fight over a screen and gave curry a free 3-pointer from the corner and fiz went absolutely bat-**** crazy, a full-on hissy fit and immediately ordered burke in. humiliated frank big time, he even sat on the baseline rather than the bench after that. imo very bad move by fiz, poor self-control. i like him and am glad we have him but gotta admit if this bs is what he was doing to gasol then he deserved to be fired and it’ll happen again if he keeps it up.

wow what a complete jerk. Then he lets Burke, Trier and THJR play the whole time GS made that run? SMH

I guess you could take it that way. I obviously didn’t see play, could be that Fiz is so invested in Frank that he gets after him about even the most iota of details. Have to see how this plays out and how Frank responds

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/26/2018  11:10 PM
martin wrote:
Marv wrote:guess it didn’t show on tv but frank didn’t fight over a screen and gave curry a free 3-pointer from the corner and fiz went absolutely bat-**** crazy, a full-on hissy fit and immediately ordered burke in. humiliated frank big time, he even sat on the baseline rather than the bench after that. imo very bad move by fiz, poor self-control. i like him and am glad we have him but gotta admit if this bs is what he was doing to gasol then he deserved to be fired and it’ll happen again if he keeps it up.

Wow thanks

martin you gotta get us uk reporters some credentials

Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/26/2018  11:14 PM
This is what the Warriors do.

No one was stopping what happened in the 4th, or staying ahead of it.

C'mon fellas.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/26/2018  11:24 PM
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

wow what a complete jerk. Then he lets Burke, Trier and THJR play the whole time GS made that run? SMH

I guess you could take it that way. I obviously didn’t see play, could be that Fiz is so invested in Frank that he gets after him about even the most iota of details. Have to see how this plays out and how Frank responds

I remember when frank let curry get that wide open three... he was spent, fiz should have taken frank out even before that happened and let him rest till the start of the fourth same with d dot and mich rob... fiz has no one to blame but himself for ruining our chemistry and leaving the starters out way to long.

Frank played incredible tonight basically shut down curry for most of the game till fiz ruined it.

D dot was impressive on defense and hit a hot streak on offense

Mich rob is a defensive beast he stopped most of the lob passes gsw usually feast on... he is a real special player...

Kanter is such a bad defensive player I think he’s deserving of a minimal bench role same goes for Burke...

Lance is a practice player and that’s it.

Again fiz lost this for us papers should get on him for that coaching meltdown

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/26/2018  11:25 PM
Marv wrote:
martin wrote:

Wow thanks

You just need to ask man, let me know when you going to games

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knickoftime

10/26/2018  11:29 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

I remember when frank let curry get that wide open three... he was spent, fiz should have taken frank out even before that happened and let him rest till the start of the fourth same with d dot and mich rob... fiz has no one to blame but himself for ruining our chemistry and leaving the starters out way to long.

Frank played incredible tonight basically shut down curry for most of the game till fiz ruined it.

Mich rob is a defensive beast he stopped most of the lob passes gsw usually feast on... he is a real special player...

Kanter is such a bad defensive player I think he’s deserving of a minimal bench role same goes for Burke...

So the coach who created the surprise line-up no one saw coming and created the chemistry is singularly responsible for a 47-16 quarter.

Wow...

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/26/2018  11:31 PM
martin wrote:
Marv wrote:
martin wrote:

Wow thanks

You just need to ask man, let me know when you going to games

damn i was joking i didnt know this could happen

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/26/2018  11:32 PM
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

We shall see

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/26/2018  11:34 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

So the coach who created the surprise line-up no one saw coming and created the chemistry is singularly responsible for a 47-16 quarter.

Wow...

Did you watch the game?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
fitzfarm

10/26/2018  11:43 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Wow...

Did you watch the game? Your response makes me think you didn’t

Knickoftime

10/26/2018  11:43 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Wow...

Did you watch the game?

Yes.

Knickoftime

10/26/2018  11:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2018  11:52 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Wow...

Did you watch the game? Your response makes me think you didn’t

I feel the same.

4th Q was 47-16.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/26/2018  11:46 PM
For years, people on this site have been complaining about Knick coaches not holding everyone accountable. I bet if it was Melo who didn't fight through a screen and got benched most everyone on this board would have applauded. But because its Frank, people have a problem. What happened to holding EVERYONE accountable for a missed assignment? Burke was benched most of the 4th quarter for leaving a Buck player wide open in the corner. Burke was responsible for keeping us in the game during the 3rd but still got benched for missing a defensive assignment and ain't nobody said **** about that. But since Frank got benched, everybody got a problem. Pat Riley would have benched him. So would Pop. I bet Frank will learn from this especially during the film session.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/26/2018  11:52 PM
Uptown wrote:For years, people on this site have been complaining about Knick coaches not holding everyone accountable. I bet if it was Melo who didn't fight through a screen and got benched most everyone on this board would have applauded. But because its Frank, people have a problem. What happened to holding EVERYONE accountable for a missed assignment? Burke was benched most of the 4th quarter for leaving a Buck player wide open in the corner. Burke was responsible for keeping us in the game during the 3rd but still got benched for missing a defensive assignment and ain't nobody said **** about that. But since Frank got benched, everybody got a problem. Pat Riley would have benched him. So would Pop. I bet Frank will learn from this especially during the film session.

I agree. THJ could use some of that accountability too.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/26/2018  11:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2018  12:16 AM
Uptown wrote:For years, people on this site have been complaining about Knick coaches not holding everyone accountable. I bet if it was Melo who didn't fight through a screen and got benched most everyone on this board would have applauded. But because its Frank, people have a problem. What happened to holding EVERYONE accountable for a missed assignment? Burke was benched most of the 4th quarter for leaving a Buck player wide open in the corner. Burke was responsible for keeping us in the game during the 3rd but still got benched for missing a defensive assignment and ain't nobody said **** about that. But since Frank got benched, everybody got a problem. Pat Riley would have benched him. So would Pop. I bet Frank will learn from this especially during the film session.
not sure what melo or burke has to do with it. Its not frank vs melo/burke Lets be honest you cant compare defense with frank and those guys. Fighting through a screen isnt easy. I could understand if frank was free and hesitated going out on him but that wasnt it. Look I didnt see it so im not yelling at fiz. My issue with fiz is that he kept the successful starting unit out too long until we were in a 10 point hole
fitzfarm

10/27/2018  12:01 AM

Frank was dominating curry even forced a jump ball a few plays before he didn’t fight through the screen, People should be holding Fizdale accountable for leaving Frank in to long and also sitting him way to long...

Minus frank,Mitch,d dot. we fell apart we were up double digits ... I understand giving the starters a breather at the end of the third and for a minute or 2 in to the fourth ... but to basically wait till we were down by double digits and less then 6 minutes to go to install the starting line up back in the game that dominated the champs for most of the game ... what was fiz thinking ?

What really bothered me was that he took it out on the starters after he already lost the game for us, that’s a sure way to lose the locker room.... take accountability for your actions fiz don’t take it out on the lineup that outplayed the champs

codeunknown
Member: #704
10/27/2018  12:05 AM
I may be the biggest supporter of Frank here and projected him during his draft as having Kawhi-esque overall impact (with less although above-average offensive production). I have no problem with Fizdale aggressively disciplining Frank. I think he’ll respond well to this type of coaching long-term. Frank seems to have appropriate confidence in his future, without an over-inflated view of what he is today.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Knickoftime

10/27/2018  12:10 AM
codeunknown wrote:I may be the biggest supporter of Frank here and projected him during his draft as having Kawhi-esque overall impact (with less although above-average offensive production). I have no problem with Fizdale aggressively disciplining Frank. I think he’ll respond well to this type of coaching long-term. Frank seems to have appropriate confidence in his future, without an over-inflated view of what he is today.

If the week (much less the year, much less the career) is going to adversely affected by that, it is only a matter of when, not if, that player is going to fold.

codeunknown
Member: #704
10/27/2018  12:22 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
codeunknown wrote:I may be the biggest supporter of Frank here and projected him during his draft as having Kawhi-esque overall impact (with less although above-average offensive production). I have no problem with Fizdale aggressively disciplining Frank. I think he’ll respond well to this type of coaching long-term. Frank seems to have appropriate confidence in his future, without an over-inflated view of what he is today.

If the week (much less the year, much less the career) is going to adversely affected by that, it is only a matter of when, not if, that player is going to fold.

Don’t agree that there is that degree of certainty in a correlation by the week, and it would be easy to misappropriate a poor week to the “coaching incident.” I think we probably agree that Frank won’t “fold” over a meaningful period of time. Given how much Frank seeks validation from his coaches, rather than over his coaches, I think it’s a good card for Fizdale to play, in moderation, with Frank.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
fitzfarm

10/27/2018  12:32 AM
fitzfarm wrote:

Frank was dominating curry even forced a jump ball a few plays before he didn’t fight through the screen, People should be holding Fizdale accountable for leaving Frank in to long and also sitting him way to long...

Minus frank,Mitch,d dot. we fell apart we were up double digits ... I understand giving the starters a breather at the end of the third and for a minute or 2 in to the fourth ... but to basically wait till we were down by double digits and less then 6 minutes to go to install the starting line up back in the game that dominated the champs for most of the game ... what was fiz thinking ?

What really bothered me was that he took it out on the starters after he already lost the game for us, that’s a sure way to lose the locker room.... take accountability for your actions fiz don’t take it out on the lineup that outplayed the champs

With that said I get taking frank out for not fighting through the screen. But it was pretty easy to see frank was drained. Fiz should have pulled frank and asked how long he needed before going back in. Getting mad and Yelling at a sensitive young player who is having one of his best games of his young career...

The players need to be held accountable but same goes for the coach

Game Thread: Warriors at Knicks - 7:30 pm ET

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy