[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why Frank is the Best Point Guard in the Knicks
Author Thread
NBK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8667

10/25/2018  9:12 AM
I'm ready for the civil war! But I definitley believe Frank is the one to get the offense moving in the right direction. The Knicks currently average 106.5 mpg on 41.9% shooting and only averaging 20 assists per game. Much of it is due to one on one play, or one pass on shot. The offense is not fluid. I believe Frank has the ability to run the offense properly and help improve those numbers. Check the vid below, I explain why!

AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/25/2018  9:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2018  9:48 AM
NBK wrote:I'm ready for the civil war! But I definitley believe Frank is the one to get the offense moving in the right direction. The Knicks currently average 106.5 mpg on 41.9% shooting and only averaging 20 assists per game. Much of it is due to one on one play, or one pass on shot. The offense is not fluid. I believe Frank has the ability to run the offense properly and help improve those numbers. Check the vid below, I explain why!

Oh no.. First a "Tony Wroten" thread that went way too long then a "Frank Haters can suck it" thread that went and is going way too long and now this? Okay I'm in.

I happen to agree. But that he has the "Potential" to be a good PG. Is he our best PG right now. Debatable but does not really have much of a challenge from anyone on the current roster. The fact Fiz thinks he is better at SF does not bode well for the argument. Do feel that Mudiay is preferred for his pace and aggressiveness. But not much else.

Does he have the" potential" to be our best PG. Absolutely. Does he have the potential to be a very good defender and shut down opposing offensive minded guards? Yes, think he has proven that already. Does he have the potential to hit a 3pt. shot if opposing teams double team other players? Yes but he has not shown the confidence, thus far, to say he can do this consistently. Does he have the potential to drive and draw fouls due to his length and athleticism? Yes but he has not yet done that. Nor does he play like he knows he can do this. Does he have the potential to be an high assist PG. Yes and think he has already proven that. Does he have the potential to be aggressive on the offensive side? Not sure. He has yet to show that it is in him nor is it a quality that has been proven can be taught.

Kid has a lot of potential. May doubt that he ever becomes anything to fear on offense but we will see. And that may not be needed if he has enough offense around him.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/25/2018  9:41 AM
The last couple games that group with dotson and frank running the point has been most successful. I think Burke fits better coming off the bench providing some offense with Trier.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/25/2018  10:01 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:The last couple games that group with dotson and frank running the point has been most successful. I think Burke fits better coming off the bench providing some offense with Trier.

Hard to say for sure but I agree that he is better than Burke. Against Miami Burke had a horrible game and the second unit played better with Frank at PG. However, the game against the Bucs, Burke played better than Frank and had a better +/-. Additionally the game against Boston, Frank was a -22. But like I said, agree that Burke is more of a off the bench/instant offense type of player. Whereas Frank is more of a facilitator/defensive player that may be better suited at the point.

For me.. think Frank would be a better fit with KP, Timmy, Lee/Trade and Knox as he is a pass first PG. That's really what I am waiting to see. How he plays with those guys. I think until then, nothing can be concluded. If he is proven to be a liability with that starting line up then I think its cause for concern.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
StarksEwing1

10/25/2018  10:08 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:The last couple games that group with dotson and frank running the point has been most successful. I think Burke fits better coming off the bench providing some offense with Trier.

Hard to say for sure but I agree that he is better than Burke. Against Miami Burke had a horrible game and the second unit played better with Frank at PG. However, the game against the Bucs, Burke played better than Frank and had a better +/-. Additionally the game against Boston, Frank was a -22. But like I said, agree that Burke is more of a off the bench/instant offense type of player. Whereas Frank is more of a facilitator/defensive player that may be better suited at the point.

For me.. think Frank would be a better fit with KP, Timmy, Lee/Trade and Knox as he is a pass first PG. That's really what I am waiting to see. How he plays with those guys. I think until then, nothing can be concluded. If he is proven to be a liability with that starting line up then I think its cause for concern.

Absolutely dude. I think not having KP in there also hurts too so thats a good point. Look im not a huge Burke fan but I appreciate what he has gone through coming back from the g league. He will definetly have big scoring games since thats his strength but he can be inconsistent too like last night. Yes we still need to see Frank grow more as far as attacking the rim, I would never deny that. But as far as a passer and defensively against other top guards its important. I really do like frank and dotson playing together.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/25/2018  10:53 AM
Good Video and and take. Focus on what he is not is too dominant. Focus on last year vs. this year stats. Frank is playing big minutes and has the ball a lot. he is 20 years old, playing high level defense, protecting the ball, and RUNNING THE OFFENSE.
Not glorious stat like activity. Most important is "Wins". That's not happening but instead of playing J. Jack running the team we are DEVELOPING A KID. This is why some of us are so adamant about him and his potential. Not that he is a wuss who has no confidence in his shot.

As OP said, it does not mean we don't want more from him. Burke is the best penetrating offensive PG on the team. If that's your thing, that's what you'd go with. FIZ is on record saying what OP said that he wants the players to be themselves. Frank is doing a very good job FOR A 20 YEAR OLD. No, he was not a hot shot McDonalds all American with AAU swag, he was a 16 pro on a club team doing it all. The old videos of him against peer groups during international play showed his proficiency.
This video demonstrates why Frank is on the floor so much. Its why Fiz is happy. Whats not happening is we don't have the talent to close out games.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/25/2018  11:12 AM
Agree with Hofstra.If KP, Knox, were playing, that might be the case because there would be a lineup on the floor to make up for Frank's lack of offense.

Was hoping Frank would have a little more burst in his drives this season, with better conditioning. Still looks a step slower than the other guards.

If Frank doesnt get much faster than this. A better handle would help.

Disagree that Frank should be the starting PG when he still is working on being a good backup PG.

StarksEwing1

10/25/2018  11:30 AM
Nalod wrote:Good Video and and take. Focus on what he is not is too dominant. Focus on last year vs. this year stats. Frank is playing big minutes and has the ball a lot. he is 20 years old, playing high level defense, protecting the ball, and RUNNING THE OFFENSE.
Not glorious stat like activity. Most important is "Wins". That's not happening but instead of playing J. Jack running the team we are DEVELOPING A KID. This is why some of us are so adamant about him and his potential. Not that he is a wuss who has no confidence in his shot.

As OP said, it does not mean we don't want more from him. Burke is the best penetrating offensive PG on the team. If that's your thing, that's what you'd go with. FIZ is on record saying what OP said that he wants the players to be themselves. Frank is doing a very good job FOR A 20 YEAR OLD. No, he was not a hot shot McDonalds all American with AAU swag, he was a 16 pro on a club team doing it all. The old videos of him against peer groups during international play showed his proficiency.
This video demonstrates why Frank is on the floor so much. Its why Fiz is happy. Whats not happening is we don't have the talent to close out games.

Exactly. That’s why I like fiz because he wants them to play to their strengths. The fact that he plays Frank a lot of minutes shows that he values what he brings despite still growing on the offensive end.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/25/2018  11:57 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Agree with Hofstra.If KP, Knox, were playing, that might be the case because there would be a lineup on the floor to make up for Frank's lack of offense.

Was hoping Frank would have a little more burst in his drives this season, with better conditioning. Still looks a step slower than the other guards.

Disagree that Frank should be the starting PG when he still is working on being a good backup PG.

You not incorrect. But the reality is what it is. Burke is what he is. Coach wants a facilitator. We wanted Fiz.
We are developing players. At the moment, Frank is doing just that as at his age we know what "Developing means". Its painful at times. Mudiay might be the one to have started. So at the moment this is what we are. Knox I doubt would be much better than Mario at the moment. You play knox anyway right? Development. KP is on the shelf.
Knicks problems are many. Develop the yoot. If you don't think Frank will be all that going forward that's an opinion I can understand. Not agree, but I understand.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/25/2018  12:24 PM
So preaching to the choir in this video, I have said the same things...Burke is a scorer first, and a passer a very very distant second. So why would you make him the PG. There is ONLY ONE argument that fits right now in Burke's favor....speedball and number of possessions. Burke does provide more of that and that is one of Fiz's mantras, speed speed speed.

With Frank, you do lead a controlled fastbreak and setup well in the halfcourt, but how many layups do we get? Once his handle gets better and he's able to bring up the ball fast and pass the ball to a breaking or cutting teammate consistently, watch out league.

His number of shots taken is not a huge concern because there are enough mouths to feed on this team. As long as he takes open shots, I am good with that.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/25/2018  12:33 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Agree with Hofstra.If KP, Knox, were playing, that might be the case because there would be a lineup on the floor to make up for Frank's lack of offense.

Again, and I'm not pushing any real agenda, Frank is still getting by people. He's never going to be prime Wade, but he has gotten better at using his body to shield himself from the defender. He's also shown sufficient burst with straight-line drives on some plays. Just needs to be more aggressive. He put on extra weight and I wondered how that would hamper him defensively, but there hasn't been a notable difference there.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
StarksEwing1

10/25/2018  12:34 PM
Even with his lack of offense it still seems to flow better when he is at the point.
BigDaddyG

10/25/2018  12:43 PM
Cartman718 wrote:So preaching to the choir in this video, I have said the same things...Burke is a scorer first, and a passer a very very distant second. So why would you make him the PG. There is ONLY ONE argument that fits right now in Burke's favor....speedball and number of possessions. Burke does provide more of that and that is one of Fiz's mantras, speed speed speed.

With Frank, you do lead a controlled fastbreak and setup well in the halfcourt, but how many layups do we get? Once his handle gets better and he's able to bring up the ball fast and pass the ball to a breaking or cutting teammate consistently, watch out league.

His number of shots taken is not a huge concern because there are enough mouths to feed on this team. As long as he takes open shots, I am good with that.

What are you talking about? When he was 16. Playing against grown men he only had an avg. of 2 points a game. That's proof that Frank sucks. Heck, Kobe put up 8 points a game in the NBA when he was 18. Straight up Alpha. Why are we doing these things 5 games is enough time to determine Frank sucks. Frank is secret weapon developed by the French, in conjunction with Russians, to corrupt America at its core.... through James Dolan.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Cartman718

10/25/2018  1:02 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:So preaching to the choir in this video, I have said the same things...Burke is a scorer first, and a passer a very very distant second. So why would you make him the PG. There is ONLY ONE argument that fits right now in Burke's favor....speedball and number of possessions. Burke does provide more of that and that is one of Fiz's mantras, speed speed speed.

What are you talking about? When he was 16. Playing against grown men he only had an avg. of 2 points a game. That's proof that Frank sucks. Heck, Kobe put up 8 points a game in the NBA when he was 18. Straight up Alpha. Why are we doing these things 5 games is enough time to determine Frank sucks. Frank is secret weapon developed by the French, in conjunction with Russians, to corrupt America at its core.... through James Dolan.

2 points a game in 8 mins, were you expecting 8 ppg in 8 mpg? or were you being sarcastic with the rest of the post lol hard to tell.
If 5 games is enough for you, then that's what it is lol

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BigDaddyG

10/25/2018  2:19 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

2 points a game in 8 mins, were you expecting 8 ppg in 8 mpg? or were you being sarcastic with the rest of the post lol hard to tell.

Another poster brought up the point that most NBA players dominated their highschool teammates when they were 16 and Frank only averaged 2 points a game, against pros, at the same age. Everyone, me included, has had strong takes on Frank's development. How about we just give time, at least half a season, before we go overboard. We're not good. A few moves here and there won't make us a playoff team. Maybe Trey Burke is the better option? So what! He's not leading us to the promised land this season. Just sit back, enjoy and watch our players develop.
Cartman718

10/25/2018  2:51 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Another poster brought up the point that most NBA players dominated their highschool teammates when they were 16 and Frank only averaged 2 points a game, against pros, at the same age. Everyone, me included, has had strong takes on Frank's development. How about we just give time, at least half a season, before we go overboard. We're not good. A few moves here and there won't make us a playoff team. Maybe Trey Burke is the better option? So what! He's not leading us to the promised land this season. Just sit back, enjoy and watch our players develop.

+1 million :)

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/25/2018  3:07 PM
As I always say...it is all about confidence with Frank, and having him believe that he's in charge of the offense.

You see hints of what Frank can do, but he continues to defer and too often plays passively on the offensive end, while on the defensive end, he's frequently trying to do too much on D, appearing to be our primary shot-blocker at times, and frequently challenging players at the basket.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/25/2018  3:40 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Again, and I'm not pushing any real agenda, Frank is still getting by people. He's never going to be prime Wade, but he has gotten better at using his body to shield himself from the defender. He's also shown sufficient burst with straight-line drives on some plays. Just needs to be more aggressive. He put on extra weight and I wondered how that would hamper him defensively, but there hasn't been a notable difference there.

Lol, yet you keep using future HOFers to make your point.

I dont see the burst you do. Not saying Frank has none, just not enough. One thing that might help is getting lower to the ground, so its easier to push off on that first step.

As I said in another thread, Frank has to make quicker decisions on offense. More of Frank "off to the races" as soon as he gets the ball.

Not every time, enough for them to worry about Frank. Thats what will open up our perimeter game when he plays PG. Burke can get to the rim, get to the line, drive and dish, all the things Frank needs to work on before he's promoted IMO.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
10/26/2018  9:03 AM
he should play point on offense and on defense defend whoever ...
Gudris
Member: #6213

10/26/2018  10:42 AM
This video could be 2x shorter, please write a script before you record a video. Too much bla bla bla
Why Frank is the Best Point Guard in the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy