[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Winnable game vs.Miami
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

10/23/2018  8:25 PM
This will be a key match to win, and boost the team's enthusiasm. Otherwise we may slide into moral victories mode. We are supposedly keeping the same lineup to start. Let's see what they can do.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
Gudris
Member: #6213

10/24/2018  3:21 AM
we need some kids to step up beside kanter and thj, trier or burke must have a good game in order to win this one
93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
10/24/2018  9:22 AM
I don't just want a win I want to win by 10 or more!!! Goodbye Heat~!!!!
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/24/2018  9:59 AM
This should be a good matchup for us. Played hard against two much better teams. Tonight I think we take it
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/24/2018  10:21 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:This will be a key match to win, and boost the team's enthusiasm. Otherwise we may slide into moral victories mode. We are supposedly keeping the same lineup to start. Let's see what they can do.

This is what Fiz said I think in an interview that he'd keep the same lineup for 1 more game and then tweak it if necessary. Hopefully that tweak involves mario and dotson into the starting lineup and lance to bench.

between frank, dot, mario, thjr, i think there's enough people to bring the ball up the floor and this also fits in with fiz's whoever gets the ball first brings it up mantra.

there's a part of me hoping for a loss to force fiz's hand into a lineup change. if we win big tonight, he may not tweak it, which is desperately required.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

10/24/2018  1:05 PM
Entering Wednesday night's game against the Miami Heat at AmericanAirlines Arena, the Knicks were leading the NBA in forced turnovers per game at 18.8 (Memphis was second at 18)
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/24/2018  1:14 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:This will be a key match to win, and boost the team's enthusiasm. Otherwise we may slide into moral victories mode. We are supposedly keeping the same lineup to start. Let's see what they can do.

This is what Fiz said I think in an interview that he'd keep the same lineup for 1 more game and then tweak it if necessary. Hopefully that tweak involves mario and dotson into the starting lineup and lance to bench.

between frank, dot, mario, thjr, i think there's enough people to bring the ball up the floor and this also fits in with fiz's whoever gets the ball first brings it up mantra.

there's a part of me hoping for a loss to force fiz's hand into a lineup change. if we win big tonight, he may not tweak it, which is desperately required.

If the Knicks win big, they'll be 2-3 with positve scoring differential, with two of those three losses being against two of the best teams in the east.

Why would they desperately require a line-up change?

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

10/24/2018  1:36 PM
While Vonleh has played very nicely so far I really think Mario represents the biggest surprise we could sneak out of this season.

Personally I think his defensive weaknesses are exaggerated as the league is full of mediocre defense.

Mario is the most exciting Knick player for me right now -- I think his offensive upside (if reached) is the best on the roster because he can shoot it with range, get to the rack and handle/pass the ball. He just seems to fight himself mentally much of the time - I feel like if Fiz can get him playing freely and give him +30 mins a night the kid will explode (at least offensively & depending on opportunity with Burke/Timmy chucking away.

I like Mario playing with guys like Frank/Baker/Dotson/Vonleh as I don't think he will defer as much and he is oozing with talent IMO.

Hoping both Mario/Vonleh breakout this year.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/24/2018  1:36 PM
heat check

Knickoftime

10/24/2018  2:04 PM
LivingLegend wrote:While Vonleh has played very nicely so far I really think Mario represents the biggest surprise we could sneak out of this season.

Personally I think his defensive weaknesses are exaggerated as the league is full of mediocre defense.

Mario is the most exciting Knick player for me right now -- I think his offensive upside (if reached) is the best on the roster because he can shoot it with range, get to the rack and handle/pass the ball. He just seems to fight himself mentally much of the time - I feel like if Fiz can get him playing freely and give him +30 mins a night the kid will explode (at least offensively & depending on opportunity with Burke/Timmy chucking away.

I like Mario playing with guys like Frank/Baker/Dotson/Vonleh as I don't think he will defer as much and he is oozing with talent IMO.

Hoping both Mario/Vonleh breakout this year.

If the Knicks can afford to resign a Hezonja who's had a pretty good season, the Knicks offseason will have gone terribly.

Cartman718

10/24/2018  3:02 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

If the Knicks win big, they'll be 2-3 with positve scoring differential, with two of those three losses being against two of the best teams in the east.

They lost to Nets Bucks and Celtics yes, but Celtics was on the home floor and they haven't gelled yet. We should have been able to take them especially with Hayward out. The matchup against Celtics is a lot worse this season in April than in October.

Also, without the last play drive bys against hardaway. We could have been sitting at 4-0 or 3-1, that's the potential of this team. Imagine them coming into Monday's game with a 3-0 record...they'd have probably eked out the win in Bucks land.

They desperately need a lineup change because of:
1. slow starts, we have yet to win the first quarter
2. bailouts by bench all the time in the 2nd and 3rd.
3. defensive breakdowns, wide open 3s to opposing players in crucial moments
4. After all, we did come back from 19 down on the road, and if i remember at least 12-14 down against celtics
5. Hardaway is not a closer on offense. We need a closer. KP is out. Kanter is not a closer, so maybe we can close with some good D?
6. Kanter/Lance taking an outside shot is something teams will live with all season long.

And I am not proposing a lineup change that reduces bench production, but with burke going to bench and Dotson or Trier in the starting lineup, I think we have better stoppers in the starting lineup, better chance at having a start faster than the other team. And...Burke can focus on scoring, his biggest plus. With Lance going to bench and Hezonja coming to starter spot, Lance gets the mins he deserves and shores some of the bench D and Hezonja provides more O to the starting lineup.

Cartman718

10/24/2018  3:04 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Also...we are the only team with a +1 differential in scoring and 3rd last in our conference

Knickoftime

10/24/2018  3:13 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Also...we are the only team with a +1 differential in scoring and 3rd last in our conference

So at the end of the day they'd have two blowout wins, a 2 point loss to Boston, a 2 pt loss to comparable team in their home opener, and a 11 pt loss on the road to a very good team in a game tied with < 4mins left.

Doesn't seem like a team desperate for a line-up change.

Knickoftime

10/24/2018  3:15 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

They lost to Nets Bucks and Celtics yes, but Celtics was on the home floor and they haven't gelled yet. We should have been able to take them especially with Hayward out. The matchup against Celtics is a lot worse this season in April than in October.

Also, without the last play drive bys against hardaway. We could have been sitting at 4-0 or 3-1, that's the potential of this team. Imagine them coming into Monday's game with a 3-0 record...they'd have probably eked out the win in Bucks land.

4. After all, we did come back from 19 down on the road, and if i remember at least 12-14 down against celtics
5. Hardaway is not a closer on offense. We need a closer. KP is out. Kanter is not a closer, so maybe we can close with some good D?
6. Kanter/Lance taking an outside shot is something teams will live with all season long.

And I am not proposing a lineup change that reduces bench production, but with burke going to bench and Dotson or Trier in the starting lineup, I think we have better stoppers in the starting lineup, better chance at having a start faster than the other team. And...Burke can focus on scoring, his biggest plus. With Lance going to bench and Hezonja coming to starter spot, Lance gets the mins he deserves and shores some of the bench D and Hezonja provides more O to the starting lineup.

So you think the 2018-2019 Knicks are a postseason team then?

Cartman718

10/24/2018  3:17 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

So at the end of the day they'd have two blowout wins, a 2 point loss to Boston, a 2 pt loss to comparable team in their home opener, and a 11 pt loss on the road to a very good team in a game tied with < 4mins left.

blowout wins are fools gold. easy to win when all your shots are falling. can we have a gritty win? comeback or otherwise? otherwise yes the lineup change is necessary

Cartman718

10/24/2018  3:23 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

with the right lineups...this team could easily keep it interesting in april. their energy levels in the 4th quarter are a testament to that. with the same team, hornacek would have probably had blowout losses instead of near misses. (and i was one of his strong supporters)

fizdale has these kids thinking the right way, but has yet to maximize the talent he has. for example...hezonja is a talented scorer but only 1 game where he got the opportunity and made most of it so far. WholeTeamDot...another one. Trier is the only player who has "surprised" us consistently so far. Some of that has to do with the coach putting them in the right position to succeed, to win games (as opposed to stroking egos) :)

if we have a loss tonight, players will have no choice but to look in the mirror and say what am i doing wrong. a blowout win means they delay that process. so yes, the Knicks are competing like a postseason team, but not finishing like one. once you have the current lineup set for 2 months...much harder to change it then. you want to experiment...do it now.

Knickoftime

10/24/2018  3:30 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

blowout wins are fools gold. easy to win when all your shots are falling. can we have a gritty win? comeback or otherwise?

Maybe in the remaining 95% of the season they will?

Knickoftime

10/24/2018  3:35 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

with the right lineups...this team could easily keep it interesting in april.

Is that a yes?

You think a 29 win team a year ago has added enough talent to win 44-45 games?

if we have a loss tonight, players will have no choice but to look in the mirror and say what am i doing wrong.

Or... they may just not be that talented.

Cartman718

10/24/2018  3:35 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

blowout wins are fools gold. easy to win when all your shots are falling. can we have a gritty win? comeback or otherwise?

Maybe in the remaining 95% of the season they will?

big maybe. like i said...if coach wants to tweak stuff now is the time...not in jan.

Cartman718

10/24/2018  3:36 PM
Game Thread: Winnable game vs.Miami

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy