[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: 730pm in Brooklyn
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/19/2018  10:09 PM
They never let the game get out of reach, get too down, panic. Frank showed some of his most aggressive play as a Knick. Kanter looks more and more like one of the FAs we should be signing. Burke with that pass to Kanter showed why he should be the PG right now. Knox doesnt play like he's scared of the moment.

A rotating front line of KP/Kanter/Knox/Robinson/Thomas/Vonleh looks playoff caliber, once we have the backcourt sorted out. Seen good things from pretty much everyone there, but we still need more talent to make some noise in the postseason IMO. Still early though.

AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/19/2018  10:11 PM
GustavBahler wrote:They never let the game get out of reach, get too down, panic. Frank showed some of his most aggressive play as a Knick. Kanter looks more and more like one of the FAs we should be signing. Burke with that pass to Kanter showed why he should be the PG right now. Knox doesnt play like he's scared of the moment.

A rotating front line of KP/Kanter/Knox/Robinson/Thomas/Vonleh looks playoff caliber, once we have the backcourt sorted out. Seen good things from pretty much everyone there, but we still need more talent to make some noise in the postseason IMO. Still early though.

We are headed in the right direction. I think next year is gonna be the real start of being a longterm playoff contender. A healthy KP, adding a big free agent, frank and knox taking a big step,and another top pick. However we still compete even without KP which is a great sign
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/19/2018  10:12 PM
GustavBahler wrote:They never let the game get out of reach, get too down, panic. Frank showed some of his most aggressive play as a Knick. Kanter looks more and more like one of the FAs we should be signing. Burke with that pass to Kanter showed why he should be the PG right now. Knox doesnt play like he's scared of the moment.

I agree about Kanter. I remember last year I thought Willy would beat him out. An offseason working on what his coach wanted was huge. He also is passing really well. Has to be in incredible shape to play at the pace the Knicks play.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/19/2018  10:16 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
TPercy wrote:Our team has a total of 6 ast right now. Wtf are we running out there?

Which is what I've been whining about. Actually had a thread on our offense that I didn't put on the forum.

It is really worrying. Guys seem to be on their own in our half-court offense, with little movement and limited picks or off ball cuts to the basket.

All I see is ISO ball, for the most part, available to anyone who wants to do it, and not set plays or consistent movement.

14 assists for 39 baskets...and only 3 turnovers. Means we played an ISO, 1/1 game.

Good to see Knox more relaxed.

I don't see a coherent offense, though, and I will continue to harp on it until something changes.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/19/2018  10:18 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

We are headed in the right direction. I think next year is gonna be the real start of being a longterm playoff contender. A healthy KP, adding a big free agent, frank and knox taking a big step,and another top pick. However we still compete even without KP which is a great sign

I am worried about our defense not being consistent. We showed we can get it done in Q3, but way too many defensive lapses by multiple players today.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
StarksEwing1

10/19/2018  10:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I agree about Kanter. I remember last year I thought Willy would beat him out. An offseason working on what his coach wanted was huge. He also is passing really well. Has to be in incredible shape to play at the pace the Knicks play.
So did I. I admit I was very wrong about Willy. Kanter I already liked but since last season he is one of my favorites. Unfortunetly I dont know how we keep him unless we are able to shed lee's contract but even then im not sure if we can
StarksEwing1

10/19/2018  10:21 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I am worried about our defense not being consistent. We showed we can get it done in Q3, but way too many defensive lapses by multiple players today.

its an issue for sure. As terrific as frank is we need more guys to tighten up on d. Obviously we miss Mitch's shot blocking
CrushAlot
USA
10/19/2018  10:25 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

So did I. I admit I was very wrong about Willy. Kanter I already liked but since last season he is one of my favorites. Unfortunetly I dont know how we keep him unless we are able to shed lee's contract but even then im not sure if we can
My guess is they talk to agents about guys they are interested in. If that interest isn't mutual they bring Kanter back. He's too good to let walk for ifs and buts.
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
10/19/2018  10:26 PM
Impressed with the low turnovers, but that can't surmount a defense inconsistent, THJ's low efficiency and the rest of the guards low productivity.

Knox won't start so fast, so folks can relax, unless Fizdale is crazier than I thought.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
StarksEwing1

10/19/2018  10:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

My guess is they talk to agents about guys they are interested in. If that interest isn't mutual they bring Kanter back. He's too good to let walk for ifs and buts.
I wonder how much Kanter would command. He makes about 18 mil now. As much as I like him I dont want to get stuck with another bad contract
CrushAlot
USA
10/19/2018  10:30 PM
Celtics lost.
StarksEwing1

10/19/2018  10:31 PM
PresIke wrote:Impressed with the low turnovers, but that can't surmount a defense inconsistent, THJ's low efficiency and the rest of the guards low productivity.

Knox won't start so fast, so folks can relax, unless Fizdale is crazier than I thought.

fiz is doing the smart thing. He is keeping the pressure off him. He is giving him freedom but also holds him accountable
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/19/2018  10:36 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I wonder how much Kanter would command. He makes about 18 mil now. As much as I like him I dont want to get stuck with another bad contract

The only way I see Kanter having a bad contract at this point would be Amar'e like health problems. Otherwise, Kanter is playing like he deserves to be paid.

I dont know if Kanter can keep this up (hope so), he's playing like he's in Boogie Cousins territory right now.

StarksEwing1

10/19/2018  10:41 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The only way I see Kanter having a bad contract at this point would be Amar'e like health problems. Otherwise, Kanter is playing like he deserves to be paid.

I dont know if Kanter can keep this up (hope so), he's playing like he's in Boogie Cousins territory right now.

Yeah i mean id love to keep him I just dont know how if we are able to get the free agent we want
WaltLongmire

10/19/2018  10:58 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Celtics lost.

...And Toronto won.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
USA
10/19/2018  11:20 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

...And Toronto won.

Knicks play the Celtics tomorrow. Toronto?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/19/2018  11:55 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Greg Monroe had to settle for 1 year/$5 million deal. I see Kanter maybe getting $10 mil per. I wouldn't worry about much till the season ends. But who knows? It only takes one team.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
JesseDark
Member: #467
10/20/2018  12:03 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
TPercy wrote:Our team has a total of 6 ast right now. Wtf are we running out there?

Which is what I've been whining about. Actually had a thread on our offense that I didn't put on the forum.

It is really worrying. Guys seem to be on their own in our half-court offense, with little movement and limited picks or off ball cuts to the basket.

All I see is ISO ball, for the most part, available to anyone who wants to do it, and not set plays or consistent movement.

14 assists for 39 baskets...and only 3 turnovers. Means we played an ISO, 1/1 game.

Good to see Knox more relaxed.

I don't see a coherent offense, though, and I will continue to harp on it until something changes.

Yeah.. we only got to the foul line 18 times. Gotta improve on that too/

Bring back dee-fense
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/20/2018  12:53 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Greg Monroe had to settle for 1 year/$5 million deal. I see Kanter maybe getting $10 mil per. I wouldn't worry about much till the season ends. But who knows? It only takes one team.

Id give me the MLE if he would take it. We can't pay him 15-20 million, he doesn't contribute enough to winning
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
WaltLongmire

10/20/2018  1:39 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

...And Toronto won.

Knicks play the Celtics tomorrow. Toronto?

They have Washington.

Early, but still a big game for the Knicks tomorrow. Boston has a number of good defenders, and I'm not buying into the Fizdale offense at this point. Hope I'm wrong...but it could be ugly.

GameThread: 730pm in Brooklyn

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy