AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/3/2018  11:19 AM
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:
Marv wrote:wow dwight shredding okc in his 1st game. 13 points in 1st Q.

Peeks into scoreboard... Thunder up by 30 in 2nd

What in the heck is wrong with the Wiz?

chemistry is their problem. There was an ounce (pound?) of truth last year when Gortat when he said they played better as a team when Wall was out. Well Gortat is gone and he's replaced with Howard who has his own chemical reactions

this is on the GM, not Brooks

Have to chime in as there Ted Lanois is a very involved owner. Im reading between the lines because when ever they make a change Grunfeld speaks to the mistakes made and yet he does not get fired. Owners are control types who made vast amounts of money and owning a team is also a fun thing to participate in. Sarver in PHX and Gilbert are awful. Best to get out of the way and run it as a business but thats not why owners buy them. Cuban for all his brilliance does have a chip but does his teams mostly underperform to the salaries they have because he is involved with the Mavs to a higher degree than other owners? GSW are owned by Hollywood producers and understand delegation better than most.

Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

11/3/2018  1:23 PM
Was just a few days ago when wall and Beal publicly said teammates were not good enough. nice

That’s not the owner or coach.

(5)(5)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/3/2018  1:30 PM
Chandler wrote:Was just a few days ago when wall and Beal publicly said teammates were not good enough. nice

They should try to trade Porter to the Nets. The Nets might still be willing to take on that deal. Then I think they need to move Wall if there are any takers. I thought Beal was the keeper of their big three but that tweet about him taking the clip board from Brooks didn't sound good.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/3/2018  1:41 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:Was just a few days ago when wall and Beal publicly said teammates were not good enough. nice

They should try to trade Porter to the Nets. The Nets might still be willing to take on that deal. Then I think they need to move Wall if there are any takers. I thought Beal was the keeper of their big three but that tweet about him taking the clip board from Brooks didn't sound good.

They should keep Porter. Wall and Beal need to go

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/3/2018  2:13 PM
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:
Marv wrote:wow dwight shredding okc in his 1st game. 13 points in 1st Q.

Peeks into scoreboard... Thunder up by 30 in 2nd

What in the heck is wrong with the Wiz?

chemistry is their problem. There was an ounce (pound?) of truth last year when Gortat when he said they played better as a team when Wall was out. Well Gortat is gone and he's replaced with Howard who has his own chemical reactions

this is on the GM, not Brooks

Yep. Wall is a difficult player to play with. He gets assists, but he's ball dominant and can kill ball movement with iso. Plus, he can't shoot. I'm not really impressed with Brooks as head coach either.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

11/3/2018  2:16 PM

Remember last year when he, in so many words, said their bigs sucked lol They are streaky team. I'm sure they'll back into their 40ish wins by the end of the season.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
USA
11/3/2018  2:25 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Porter is making 26 mil and I believe his deal has lots of things put in it that make it extremely hard to trade him. If they can find a taker I think they need to move him. Also, I think Oubre is getting more minutes at his spot. I can't imagine the Heat, Wiz and Blazer management staffs were happy with Marks giving out those huge offers. NOne of those guys have come close to playing up to the money offered by the Nets.
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/3/2018  2:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Porter is making 26 mil and I believe his deal has lots of things put in it that make it extremely hard to trade him. If they can find a taker I think they need to move him. Also, I think Oubre is getting more minutes at his spot. I can't imagine the Heat, Wiz and Blazer management staffs were happy with Marks giving out those huge offers. NOne of those guys have come close to playing up to the money offered by the Nets.

Porter started looking good under Paul pierce's tutorage (pierce have him a lot of encouragement etc, as soon as pierce left, he reverted back to underperforming.

CrushAlot
USA
11/3/2018  2:37 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Porter started looking good under Paul pierce's tutorage (pierce have him a lot of encouragement etc, as soon as pierce left, he reverted back to underperforming.

I would not mind the Nets having Crabbe and Porter on their cap. Miami is screwed with the Tyler Johnson deal.
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/3/2018  3:45 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Tough to move Wall's contact. The Wizards pulled the typical non-destination team move. They had a "star," didn't think they would ever attract other "stars" to their franchise so they grossly over pay their home grown "star" to ensure he never leaves. Now they're stuck because he'll never leave and they can't trade him
BigDaddyG

11/3/2018  3:55 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think he looks real good as a small ball four. Heck, I don't think he looks bad as a SF. He's not a consistent shot creator, but his shot is usually spot on, his defense is good and he knows how to operate within most offenses.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/3/2018  7:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2018  7:23 PM
Smart pick up by the Lakers! They desperately need another big....Could use a shooter as well...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/tyson-chandler-plans-to-sign-with-lakers-after-finalizing-buyout-with-suns-per-reports/44

meloshouldgo

11/3/2018  7:44 PM
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Tough to move Wall's contact. The Wizards pulled the typical non-destination team move. They had a "star," didn't think they would ever attract other "stars" to their franchise so they grossly over pay their home grown "star" to ensure he never leaves. Now they're stuck because he'll never leave and they can't trade him

Well stated, and I hope we don't do anything of the sort with KP. Pay him by all means but don't kill yourself.
Porter is the only wizard that shows up on multiple categories. I would say he is a more efficien0t player than the all star chuckers. But probably still overpaid. The point is so are the other two.

CrushAlot
USA
11/4/2018  12:28 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Well stated, and I hope we don't do anything of the sort with KP. Pay him by all means but don't kill yourself.
Porter is the only wizard that shows up on multiple categories. I would say he is a more efficien0t player than the all star chuckers. But probably still overpaid. The point is so are the other two.

oubre is out playing Porter and Porter is being paid 26 mil this year. Porter isn't Tyler Johnson but he was a big over pay. I get that Wall is the problem but Porter's deal sucks. The Wizards are buried. Someone is going to steal Oubre.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/4/2018  2:56 AM

who signs the checks?

Welpee
Member: #6239

11/4/2018  6:00 AM
Uptown wrote:Smart pick up by the Lakers! They desperately need another big....Could use a shooter as well...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/tyson-chandler-plans-to-sign-with-lakers-after-finalizing-buyout-with-suns-per-reports/44

Also shows how useless Noah is to the rest of the league.
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/4/2018  11:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2018  12:39 PM
Welpee wrote:
Uptown wrote:Smart pick up by the Lakers! They desperately need another big....Could use a shooter as well...

Also shows how useless Noah is to the rest of the league.

His only hope is if thibs manages to include deing in the butler trade.

I do wonder if there was something else going on with noah as we were adamant at not bringing him back and no team even wanted to give him a try out in preseason.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/4/2018  12:35 PM
Ugh

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo

11/4/2018  12:51 PM
martin wrote:Ugh

yuck

OT-NBA Season Thread-Around the NBA HORN

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy