[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Article: How to Watch Basketball. Want to watch basketball like a coach or scout? Here's how I learned.
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/16/2018  12:52 PM
https://cleaningtheglass.com/how-to-watch-basketball/

Full article in link.

How to Watch Basketball
Want to watch basketball like a coach or scout? Here's how I learned.
October 16, 2018

One day in June of 2012, the Portland Trail Blazers’ offices were abnormally quiet. It was only a few weeks before the draft and we had two lottery picks, so the previous few weeks had been a whirlwind of activity, with draft workouts and long meetings. But on this day, all the scouts and executives were out on a scouting trip. Well, all except one: One of our assistant GMs, Steve Rosenberry, stayed in Portland. And I was the beneficiary.

When Rosey walked in that morning he came straight over to my desk. “Benjamin,” he said. “Let’s watch some tape today.” Rosey told me which games he wanted to see and went to grab breakfast while I downloaded them. I think he wanted me to watch with him in part to handle the technical side of things—to get the games, to put them on the TV, to rewind and skip when needed—so he didn’t have to worry about it. But even though I had some work to do, I would have done the same thing 10 times out of 10, because it turned into a scouting masterclass.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/16/2018  1:55 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/16/2018  3:18 PM
martin wrote:https://cleaningtheglass.com/how-to-watch-basketball/

Full article in link.

How to Watch Basketball
Want to watch basketball like a coach or scout? Here's how I learned.
October 16, 2018

One day in June of 2012, the Portland Trail Blazers’ offices were abnormally quiet. It was only a few weeks before the draft and we had two lottery picks, so the previous few weeks had been a whirlwind of activity, with draft workouts and long meetings. But on this day, all the scouts and executives were out on a scouting trip. Well, all except one: One of our assistant GMs, Steve Rosenberry, stayed in Portland. And I was the beneficiary.

When Rosey walked in that morning he came straight over to my desk. “Benjamin,” he said. “Let’s watch some tape today.” Rosey told me which games he wanted to see and went to grab breakfast while I downloaded them. I think he wanted me to watch with him in part to handle the technical side of things—to get the games, to put them on the TV, to rewind and skip when needed—so he didn’t have to worry about it. But even though I had some work to do, I would have done the same thing 10 times out of 10, because it turned into a scouting masterclass.

This is a good read man.

These days, with the luxury of being able to rewind live TV, I catch myself rewinding possessions all the time wondering how this guy got so open, or why the spacing looks like crap, or why this guy drifted so far away from the man he is guarding.

The hard part is taking what you have learn in the film room and bringing it to the floor in live action, and it's very tough for most players, especially young ones.....Things just happen so fast

ES
JesseDark
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #467
10/17/2018  1:36 AM
Good read, gonna try to use some of what he discussed as I watch games.
Bring back dee-fense
Article: How to Watch Basketball. Want to watch basketball like a coach or scout? Here's how I learned.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy