Member: #7569

10/15/2018  8:18 PM
reub wrote:Preseason is over and here is my starting lineup:

Kanter
Knox
Lance
THJr
Frank

That's the best that we have. THJr's offense can help overcome Frank's shortcomings there and Frank can help him on the other end.

Kanter's rebounding and offense will help offset Lance's lack of scoring plus Knox's unpredictability.

When KP comes back he obviously take's Lance's slot.

That's about the best that we can put out there.

25 wins.

Like it but if Lance is still healing up could we try Kanter at C...…..Knox + THJr at forward spots Frank at PG Trier or Burke at the other guard spot ???

AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

10/15/2018  9:27 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
franco12 wrote:Kanter
Thomas
Frank
THjr
Burke

I think you have to start Burke - he was so dynamic last year, able to break down the defense, hit the pull up jumper.

Frank is my pick for SF - he can guard any position and he and Thomas maybe help mitigate the defensive lapses of the other three

Frank can slide to PG if we want to sub in someone like Lee for Burke.

I'm starting Knox off the bench- I want to bring him along slowly, not tire him out by December.

This is probably the best defensive line up, but having frank and lance as starters, your offense will suffer. Also fiz is dead set on starting Knox, and there's no doubt in my mind he will hit the rookie wall by December.

two guys who move the ball and spread the floor... I can see why *you* would thing that but no... the offense will not suffer.

This is my starting 5 as well and I think its our best.

Considering they both avg lest then 10 points combine last season, how can you say that the offense wont suffer. They both have been a little more aggressive offensively in the preseason, but certainly not enough to think they can avg double digits.

Even if knox doesn't shoot the ball well he will at least get to the FT line 10x more the lance and frank combine, that's not even debatable. Also if you start your 2 best defenders, where does that leave your bench?

Frank of last year is not the Frank of this year. I think you are right - there is a danger that we'll be playing offense as a 3 on 5 with Thomas definitely not a huge talent.

Still, it is what I would throw out there and start. I think Burke attacking opens things up and hopefully between he and Kanter and THjr, Frank and Thomas can play net positive roles on offense.

I'm more worried about defense.

And I think Knox off the bench is solid, and he subs in for either Burke, Thomas or Frank, depending on the flow of the game.

well there's 2 things we know for sure, 6 6" frank isn't starting over 6-9" knox, that's been establish, and i think the knicks have finally come to their senses and stop forcing frank to play pg because he has never been a pure pg, not even close, his most productive minutes will come at the 3 spot.

bench

Mudiay
lee
frank
mario
mitch

damn, that's not a good look at all on paper..lol

I just realized we suck

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/15/2018  9:35 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
franco12 wrote:Kanter
Thomas
Frank
THjr
Burke

I think you have to start Burke - he was so dynamic last year, able to break down the defense, hit the pull up jumper.

Frank is my pick for SF - he can guard any position and he and Thomas maybe help mitigate the defensive lapses of the other three

Frank can slide to PG if we want to sub in someone like Lee for Burke.

I'm starting Knox off the bench- I want to bring him along slowly, not tire him out by December.

This is probably the best defensive line up, but having frank and lance as starters, your offense will suffer. Also fiz is dead set on starting Knox, and there's no doubt in my mind he will hit the rookie wall by December.

two guys who move the ball and spread the floor... I can see why *you* would thing that but no... the offense will not suffer.

This is my starting 5 as well and I think its our best.

Considering they both avg lest then 10 points combine last season, how can you say that the offense wont suffer. They both have been a little more aggressive offensively in the preseason, but certainly not enough to think they can avg double digits.

Even if knox doesn't shoot the ball well he will at least get to the FT line 10x more the lance and frank combine, that's not even debatable. Also if you start your 2 best defenders, where does that leave your bench?

Frank of last year is not the Frank of this year. I think you are right - there is a danger that we'll be playing offense as a 3 on 5 with Thomas definitely not a huge talent.

Still, it is what I would throw out there and start. I think Burke attacking opens things up and hopefully between he and Kanter and THjr, Frank and Thomas can play net positive roles on offense.

I'm more worried about defense.

And I think Knox off the bench is solid, and he subs in for either Burke, Thomas or Frank, depending on the flow of the game.

well there's 2 things we know for sure, 6 6" frank isn't starting over 6-9" knox, that's been establish, and i think the knicks have finally come to their senses and stop forcing frank to play pg because he has never been a pure pg, not even close, his most productive minutes will come at the 3 spot.

bench

Mudiay
lee
frank
mario
mitch

damn, that's not a good look at all on paper..lol

I just realized we suck

Sucking when rebuilding is the best news you can hope for. Patience

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
reub
Member: #6227

10/15/2018  10:39 PM
HOF19 wrote:

Kanter
Knox
Lance
THJr
Frank

That's the best that we have. THJr's offense can help overcome Frank's shortcomings there and Frank can help him on the other end.

Kanter's rebounding and offense will help offset Lance's lack of scoring plus Knox's unpredictability.

25 wins.

Like it but if Lance is still healing up could we try Kanter at C...…..Knox + THJr at forward spots Frank at PG Trier or Burke at the other guard spot ???

Lance has sore knees so he should be fine for opening night. Well, as fine as Lance can be.

TLover
Member: #381
USA
10/16/2018  12:05 AM
reub wrote:
HOF19 wrote:

Kanter
Knox
Lance
THJr
Frank

25 wins.

Lance has sore knees so he should be fine for opening night. Well, as fine as Lance can be.

I would agree with the above line-up or I would like to see Ntlinkina starting at the 3 with Knox at the 4 and starting Burke.

Pg: Burke
Sg: Hardaway
Sf: Ntlinkina
Pf: Knox
C: Kantor

2nd team

Pg: Mudiay/Baker
Sg: Trier/Lee
Sf: Dotson
Pf: Hezonia/Thomas
C: Vonleh/Robinson

blkexec
Member: #748
10/16/2018  12:32 AM
TLover wrote:
reub wrote:
HOF19 wrote:

Kanter
Knox
Lance
THJr
Frank

25 wins.

I would agree with the above line-up or I would like to see Ntlinkina starting at the 3 with Knox at the 4 and starting Burke.

2nd team

Thats a good lineup.....and I'm sure Fiz will put these guys on the floor at the same time.....But not as starters, in my opinion.

Fiz seems like a guy who wants to see if Knox is the future SF. Because KP is a PF and hopefully Mitch is a future center, learning behind Kanter. So I'm sure they would like Knox to start at SF. See how he handles that SF speed. Personally, I think his best position will be PF, once he gains some grown man weight. But right now, he's our future SF....

Ntlinkina is our swiss arm knife. He's positionless....He's our glue guy at the guard position, similar to Lance Thomas for the forwards.

Yeah, we suck in talent....But we have a large group of players with a chip on their shoulder, willing to follow a well respected coach and great leader. Fiz is going to be our most valuable player. Can't wait to throw Mitch in there....Let him learn how to bang with NBA centers.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
10/16/2018  2:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/16/2018  2:08 PM
blkexec wrote:
TLover wrote:
reub wrote:
HOF19 wrote:

Kanter
Knox
Lance
THJr
Frank

25 wins.

2nd team

Thats a good lineup.....and I'm sure Fiz will put these guys on the floor at the same time.....But not as starters, in my opinion.

Fiz seems like a guy who wants to see if Knox is the future SF. Because KP is a PF and hopefully Mitch is a future center, learning behind Kanter. So I'm sure they would like Knox to start at SF. See how he handles that SF speed. Personally, I think his best position will be PF, once he gains some grown man weight. But right now, he's our future SF....

Ntlinkina is our swiss arm knife. He's positionless....He's our glue guy at the guard position, similar to Lance Thomas for the forwards.

Yeah, we suck in talent....But we have a large group of players with a chip on their shoulder, willing to follow a well respected coach and great leader. Fiz is going to be our most valuable player. Can't wait to throw Mitch in there....Let him learn how to bang with NBA centers.

Wow....Fiz isn't a normal coach, which is great to me. He went against the pressure of starting Knox, just because he was a high draft pick. Bringing Knox off the bench and starting Frank is a great move for both players.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/16/2018  2:16 PM
arkrud wrote:

Kanter
Knox
Lance
THJr
Frank

25 wins.

Fiz may try this...
But I will not be surprised if Baker will start at the point.
I think the best lineups we have are 3-guard lineups:
Kanter/Rob
Lanse/Noah V
Frank/Knox
THJr/TRier
Burke/Baker

Here we go... Fiz has the same opinion as me...
It was obvious so I do not need any credit.
But obvious things are not what most of the people see...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/16/2018  3:17 PM
I think the hope is the Frank becomes that utility player they need in the lineup and they can eventually replace Lance with Knox once they feel he is ready to become a full-time starter. IF he starts now and struggles, Fiz would have to go away from him, so bringing him off the bench early and then starting him once he is playing well is likely the plan.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/16/2018  3:36 PM
arkrud wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Kanter
Knox
Lance
THJr
Frank

25 wins.

Fiz may try this...
Kanter/Rob
Lanse/Noah V
Frank/Knox
THJr/TRier
Burke/Baker

I don't see Fiz starting Frank at SF. He may get spot minutes in three guard lineups. Remember when he said he wanted to end the THJ/ Lee experiment? I think he definitely wants more size to start at the Forward slot.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/16/2018  4:39 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
arkrud wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Kanter
Knox
Lance
THJr
Frank

25 wins.

Fiz may try this...
Kanter/Rob
Lanse/Noah V
Frank/Knox
THJr/TRier
Burke/Baker

I don't see Fiz starting Frank at SF. He may get spot minutes in three guard lineups. Remember when he said he wanted to end the THJ/ Lee experiment? I think he definitely wants more size to start at the Forward slot.

Fizdale is starting Frank at SF. Just announced
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/16/2018  4:57 PM
coach Fizdale wrote:“I think the most important thing I was trying to get out of it was culturally you’ve got to earn it. I don’t think Kevin got to the point where he earned it more than Frank,” Fizdale said. “But there were some good things for Kevin and I was really happy with him having to go through highs and lows early on. He had the two double doubles early and then he hit a wall. That’s just a learning opportunity for him. I don’t want to reward that yet. I do think Frank consistently throughout the preseason, no matter where I put him, he got the job done. So for our culture that’s more important.”
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
blkexec
10/16/2018  5:00 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
arkrud wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Kanter
Knox
Lance
THJr
Frank

25 wins.

Fiz may try this...
Kanter/Rob
Lanse/Noah V
Frank/Knox
THJr/TRier
Burke/Baker

Technically, Frank provides more size than either THj or Lee at the 3 position. At the same time, Fiz now has Frank to use during those picks or switches.

Now Knox can come in the game and focus on scoring and being aggressive, without over thinking the game.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/16/2018  5:00 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
arkrud wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Kanter
Knox
Lance
THJr
Frank

25 wins.

Fiz may try this...
Kanter/Rob
Lanse/Noah V
Frank/Knox
THJr/TRier
Burke/Baker

Fish - we totally nailed Fiz's starting line ups - I guess great minds think alike- though I just got lucky!

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/16/2018  5:01 PM
Frank is a bit undersized for SF, but with his long arms and defensive mentality, he should be okay. The only reason I like this move is that Frank needs 30 minutes a game. If starting him at SF is the way to get him those minutes, so be it. Knox has looked off. Making him come off the bench probably is the right move. Now the kid does not have to feel the pressure of starting, and he can just focus on getting his game right.

Frank will score 14 pts, 4 assists, 5 rbs, 1.5 steals, 1 blk per game on 45% shooting and 40% 3s, and 75% free throws. I said it first. Watch it happen.

Trust the Process
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/16/2018  5:31 PM
TheGame wrote:Frank is a bit undersized for SF, but with his long arms and defensive mentality, he should be okay. The only reason I like this move is that Frank needs 30 minutes a game. If starting him at SF is the way to get him those minutes, so be it. Knox has looked off. Making him come off the bench probably is the right move. Now the kid does not have to feel the pressure of starting, and he can just focus on getting his game right.

Frank will score 14 pts, 4 assists, 5 rbs, 1.5 steals, 1 blk per game on 45% shooting and 40% 3s, and 75% free throws. I said it first. Watch it happen.

Exactly. The more frank is in there the better chance we have of staying in games. Thats what I like most about him. No he may never be a dynamic scorer but his offense is improving, he is smart,and his defense makes everything easier
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/16/2018  5:42 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
arkrud wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Kanter
Knox
Lance
THJr
Frank

25 wins.

Fiz may try this...
Kanter/Rob
Lanse/Noah V
Frank/Knox
THJr/TRier
Burke/Baker

Oh sh!t...Well, you keep what you kill. What does this say about Hezonja?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/16/2018  5:49 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
arkrud wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Kanter
Knox
Lance
THJr
Frank

25 wins.

Fiz may try this...
Kanter/Rob
Lanse/Noah V
Frank/Knox
THJr/TRier
Burke/Baker

Oh sh!t...Well, you keep what you kill. What does this say about Hezonja?

He hasn't exactly looked good. I think he needs more time, and more than anything, I think Fiz wants Frank in there to help move the ball - have him as a defender to switch off/on with Burke

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/16/2018  9:11 PM
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
arkrud wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Kanter
Knox
Lance
THJr
Frank

25 wins.

Fiz may try this...
Kanter/Rob
Lanse/Noah V
Frank/Knox
THJr/TRier
Burke/Baker

Fish - we totally nailed Fiz's starting line ups - I guess great minds think alike- though I just got lucky!

SMDH, I kept telling you guys he wasn't a pg or sg (doesn't penetrate or shoot enough) since last season, but some tried to make it seem like i was down on him.

Phil said he was a pg and people ran with it, this kid is so far from the modern day pg/sg it's not even remotely close. He's a glue guy, I'm glad he gets to start at that position, develope him into a point fwd

ES
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

10/16/2018  9:41 PM
fishmike wrote:
coach Fizdale wrote:“I think the most important thing I was trying to get out of it was culturally you’ve got to earn it. I don’t think Kevin got to the point where he earned it more than Frank,” Fizdale said. “But there were some good things for Kevin and I was really happy with him having to go through highs and lows early on. He had the two double doubles early and then he hit a wall. That’s just a learning opportunity for him. I don’t want to reward that yet. I do think Frank consistently throughout the preseason, no matter where I put him, he got the job done. So for our culture that’s more important.”

It's all standard "media talk"

Nothing anyone says out of a pro sports franchise really means anything other than factual occurrences. If a player is signed, cut or traded, then that's a fact and there's no wiggle room to that. Everything else is just fluff to keep the media at bay and do due diligence to league media requirements.

There's every incentive to start veteran players with some history already with the team. That can change later as some don't produce. Easier that way. New guys have no right to demand to start. If Fizdale benches THJr, it puts a negative light on the decision to sign him in the first place, why broker that tension with Steve Mills now? Also the Knicks don't have enough talent to not start THJr

If the Knicks are hoping to trade someone soon or at the deadline, odds are they will start them. Low odds Kanter, Lee and THJr will move, but it's still the best move.

Vonleh IMHO is the best of the veteran pick ups and will make the most overall impact of the new guys. If Kanters contract status was different, there's a decent chance he'd start instead.

There is really no ideal lineup with this roster. Kanter and Burke in the same unit is going to be hell defensively.

Starting Rotation

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy