Member: #6227

10/13/2018  7:01 PM
Preseason is over and here is my starting lineup:

Kanter
Knox
Lance
THJr
Frank

That's the best that we have. THJr's offense can help overcome Frank's shortcomings there and Frank can help him on the other end.

Kanter's rebounding and offense will help offset Lance's lack of scoring plus Knox's unpredictability.

When KP comes back he obviously take's Lance's slot.

That's about the best that we can put out there.

25 wins.

AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/13/2018  7:12 PM
reub wrote:Preseason is over and here is my starting lineup:

Kanter
Knox
Lance
THJr
Frank

That's the best that we have. THJr's offense can help overcome Frank's shortcomings there and Frank can help him on the other end.

Kanter's rebounding and offense will help offset Lance's lack of scoring plus Knox's unpredictability.

When KP comes back he obviously take's Lance's slot.

That's about the best that we can put out there.

25 wins.

Fiz may try this...
But I will not be surprised if Baker will start at the point.
I think the best lineups we have are 3-guard lineups:
Kanter/Rob
Lanse/Noah V
Frank/Knox
THJr/TRier
Burke/Baker

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
10/14/2018  8:52 PM
Frank produced better stats than the other point guards. He should get the start. Knicks need toknow if Frank can be a full time starter at the point and there is no better time than the present to determine that fact.
Trust the Process
wargames
Member: #6053

10/14/2018  11:48 PM
I hope Mario can work his way to first forward off the bench.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/15/2018  8:02 AM
Kanter
Knox
Lance
Frank
Hardaway

Frank is the only PG signed past this year. He needs to play so the organization knows if he can be a pG or if he is a SG or SF.
Knox needs to play thru and learn. He is the 2nd option. HE rebounds well and competes on D even if his O is not clicking.

Hezonja - SF/PF*
Burke - PG/SG*
Trier - SG*
Vonleh - PF*
Robinson -C*
Lee - SG/SF
Kornet - C*
mudiay - PG
Dotson - SG
Baker - PG*
* rotation players att this time.

All of them can play as game needs dictate. Mudiay has flashes but...is he the future? No.
Dotson has been overtaken by Trier. DIs Dotson capable? Needs to show it NOW. Trier is showing it.
Kornet can play over Robinson but Robinson has the higher upside. Luke is a sleeper, IMO. Robinson needs to PLAY!
Lee could start or never play...he can fill any role but he is not part of the future here.
Baker no offense but team plays better with him on the court.
Hezonja needs to show fire. Soft Euro?
Vonleh is a beast on the boards.
Burke can play with Frank...or good Defending guards. HIs O is great, his D???

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
10/15/2018  8:20 AM
i have a feeling Fizz has no use for Burke
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/15/2018  9:43 AM
anrst wrote:i have a feeling Fizz has no use for Burke

Frank and Baker are Fiz types PGs... but who will score the points?
We will see if Fiz and Co are commuted to players development and establishing the system over any kind of wins/loses.
If yes we will see a ton of various lineups for a while and our guessing is totally useless.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/15/2018  9:54 AM
Kanter
Thomas
Frank
THjr
Burke

I think you have to start Burke - he was so dynamic last year, able to break down the defense, hit the pull up jumper.

Frank is my pick for SF - he can guard any position and he and Thomas maybe help mitigate the defensive lapses of the other three

Frank can slide to PG if we want to sub in someone like Lee for Burke.

I'm starting Knox off the bench- I want to bring him along slowly, not tire him out by December.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/15/2018  10:03 AM
franco12 wrote:Kanter
Thomas
Frank
THjr
Burke

I think you have to start Burke - he was so dynamic last year, able to break down the defense, hit the pull up jumper.

Frank is my pick for SF - he can guard any position and he and Thomas maybe help mitigate the defensive lapses of the other three

I'm starting Knox off the bench- I want to bring him along slowly, not tire him out by December.

This is probably the best defensive line up, but having frank and lance as starters, your offense will suffer. Also fiz is dead set on starting Knox, and there's no doubt in my mind he will hit the rookie wall by December.

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/15/2018  10:40 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Thomas
Frank
THjr
Burke

This is probably the best defensive line up, but having frank and lance as starters, your offense will suffer. Also fiz is dead set on starting Knox, and there's no doubt in my mind he will hit the rookie wall by December.

two guys who move the ball and spread the floor... I can see why *you* would thing that but no... the offense will not suffer.

This is my starting 5 as well and I think its our best.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
10/15/2018  11:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/15/2018  11:08 AM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Thomas
Frank
THjr
Burke

two guys who move the ball and spread the floor... I can see why *you* would thing that but no... the offense will not suffer.

Considering they both avg lest then 10 points combine last season, how can you say that the offense wont suffer. They both have been a little more aggressive offensively in the preseason, but certainly not enough to think they can avg double digits.

Even if knox doesn't shoot the ball well he will at least get to the FT line 10x more the lance and frank combine, that's not even debatable. Also if you start your 2 best defenders, where does that leave your bench?

ES
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

10/15/2018  11:16 AM
arkrud wrote:

We will see if Fiz and Co are commuted to players development and establishing the system over any kind of wins/loses.
If yes we will see a ton of various lineups for a while and our guessing is totally useless.

I agree in terms of Burke being potentially on the outs.

In terms of a starter I would run Baker out there for the time being - he is arguably our best defender and toughest player.

I don’t want to burden Frank with the starting job just yet - this city and some awful fans could still crush a young 20 year old. Let Frank come of bench and keep building his game and confidence and if all goes well he can move into starting line up later this year....really no reason to force it right now.

knicks1248
10/15/2018  12:05 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
arkrud wrote:

I agree in terms of Burke being potentially on the outs.

In terms of a starter I would run Baker out there for the time being - he is arguably our best defender and toughest player.

I don’t want to burden Frank with the starting job just yet - this city and some awful fans could still crush a young 20 year old. Let Frank come of bench and keep building his game and confidence and if all goes well he can move into starting line up later this year....really no reason to force it right now.

How did baker go from should be waive a week ago, to optional starter?

This is probably a testament to how bad our pg options are.

ES
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/15/2018  1:57 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Thomas
Frank
THjr
Burke

Considering they both avg lest then 10 points combine last season, how can you say that the offense wont suffer. They both have been a little more aggressive offensively in the preseason, but certainly not enough to think they can avg double digits.

Even if knox doesn't shoot the ball well he will at least get to the FT line 10x more the lance and frank combine, that's not even debatable. Also if you start your 2 best defenders, where does that leave your bench?

Frank of last year is not the Frank of this year. I think you are right - there is a danger that we'll be playing offense as a 3 on 5 with Thomas definitely not a huge talent.

Still, it is what I would throw out there and start. I think Burke attacking opens things up and hopefully between he and Kanter and THjr, Frank and Thomas can play net positive roles on offense.

I'm more worried about defense.

And I think Knox off the bench is solid, and he subs in for either Burke, Thomas or Frank, depending on the flow of the game.

knicks1248
10/15/2018  3:05 PM
franco12 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Thomas
Frank
THjr
Burke

Frank of last year is not the Frank of this year. I think you are right - there is a danger that we'll be playing offense as a 3 on 5 with Thomas definitely not a huge talent.

Still, it is what I would throw out there and start. I think Burke attacking opens things up and hopefully between he and Kanter and THjr, Frank and Thomas can play net positive roles on offense.

And I think Knox off the bench is solid, and he subs in for either Burke, Thomas or Frank, depending on the flow of the game.

well there's 2 things we know for sure, 6 6" frank isn't starting over 6-9" knox, that's been establish, and i think the knicks have finally come to their senses and stop forcing frank to play pg because he has never been a pure pg, not even close, his most productive minutes will come at the 3 spot.

bench

Mudiay
lee
frank
mario
mitch

damn, that's not a good look at all on paper..lol

ES
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/15/2018  4:40 PM
franco12 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Thomas
Frank
THjr
Burke

This. You can tell Frank is gonna be more productive offensively. Honestly I think it will benefit burke coming off the bench and playing against the second unti of opposing teams and his defense wont be as big of an issue
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/15/2018  5:29 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Thomas
Frank
THjr
Burke

Frank and Lance are team-first players on both ends of the court. Folks seem OK with this kind of play on D, but not on the offensive end.

Have not seen a real system on offense from Fizdale up to this point... Too much ISO ball for me. How many times did we set Knox up to succeed during preseason? How many guys got picks to set them up for a pass from a PG and quick jumper? Not many. How many times did we see ball rotation to get players open 3s? I saw some, but not a great deal.

There is a reason why Trier had some good moments- he thrives in isolation, much more than Knox, but I'd hate to see ISO ball to be our "system."

Hopefully things get ironed out, but I was frustrated watching the preseason at times, even though we won 3 or 5 games.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
knicks1248
10/15/2018  6:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/15/2018  6:39 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Thomas
Frank
THjr
Burke

Frank and Lance are team-first players on both ends of the court. Folks seem OK with this kind of play on D, but not on the offensive end.

Have not seen a real system on offense from Fizdale up to this point... Too much ISO ball for me. How many times did we set Knox up to succeed during preseason? How many guys got picks to set them up for a pass from a PG and quick jumper? Not many. How many times did we see ball rotation to get players open 3s? I saw some but not a great deal.

There is a reason why Trier had some good moments- he thrives in isolation, much more than Knox, but I'd hate to see ISO ball to be our "system."

Hopefully things get ironed out, but I was frustrated watching the preseason at times, even though we won 3 or 5 games.

That's a very good point, but i get the feeling that if we do have some success it's going to be scrappy. Fiz menton the effort on defense will allow his players to kind of freelance on offense.

IMO the 3 keys to any success with this roster...
1)play hard and scrappy defense,
2)play fast 85% of your possessions
3)health

3 major concerns...
1)lack of 3 point shots taking, 28th during the preseason
2)no true ball handler
3)no offensive system

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/15/2018  7:00 PM
If Mudiay was anywhere close to decent I think he might get the starting spot. I like both Burke and Frank off the bench and I definitely prefer Frank playing with another ball handler most of the time. I think four spots are set with Lance, Kanter, Tim and Knox starting.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
10/15/2018  8:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:If Mudiay was anywhere close to decent I think he might get the starting spot. I like both Burke and Frank off the bench and I definitely prefer Frank playing with another ball handler most of the time. I think four spots are set with Lance, Kanter, Tim and Knox starting.

Those guys didn't even compete for the starter spot IMO, they played like they would be content with whatever role they get.

Fiz had 5 games and a dozen practices and still has no definitive answer to a question he was hoping to get a clear cut answer to. I know he wishes he could squeeze all three into one body to get that complete pg.

ES
Starting Rotation

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy