[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Waive and Stretch Noah
Author Thread
VCoug
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1406

10/13/2018  3:21 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24973763/new-york-knicks-waive-joakim-noah

Noah's not giving any money back so we gain about $13M in cap space this summer but lose $6.5M each of the next two years. Another stupid decision by a stupid franchise. Front office will be under pressure to give out a big contract this Summer to someone in order to justify the cap hit the next two years.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/13/2018  3:57 PM
when asking for money back, we should have said - how about you give half your contract to phil- you owe it to him.

Has there been a worse free agent signing?

Jereome James at least was just MLE money back when we were over the cap. We had room and we gave him this deal, Crazy.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/13/2018  4:05 PM
Glad that piece of excrement is gone. Guy made Eddy Curry look like Shaq
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/13/2018  4:48 PM
He sucked as a Knick. Good riddance.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
VCoug

10/13/2018  4:50 PM
It's not about whether or not Noah is a good player or a good fit, he's not and anyone who's not an idiot knew that when we signed him. The point is, instead of having him off the cap after next season he'll be taking up cap space until 2021.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
CrushAlot
USA
10/13/2018  5:00 PM
VCoug wrote:It's not about whether or not Noah is a good player or a good fit, he's not and anyone who's not an idiot knew that when we signed him. The point is, instead of having him off the cap after next season he'll be taking up cap space until 2021.
I haven't studied the Knicks cap situation but I know some of the motivation to clear cap space for next offseason is because KP will be getting his max extension. I don't know what the cap situation would be in 2020 when Noah would have come off the books with KP's new deal.
VCoug

10/13/2018  5:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
VCoug wrote:It's not about whether or not Noah is a good player or a good fit, he's not and anyone who's not an idiot knew that when we signed him. The point is, instead of having him off the cap after next season he'll be taking up cap space until 2021.
I haven't studied the Knicks cap situation but I know some of the motivation to clear cap space for next offseason is because KP will be getting his max extension. I don't know what the cap situation would be in 2020 when Noah would have come off the books with KP's new deal.

We currently have no guaranteed money on the books in 2020. THJr has a $19M player option that he'll obviously pick up, we have a $6M team option on Ntilikina and a $4.5M team option on Knox and we'll obviously pick up both which puts us at $29.5M. We'll also have two 1st round picks, let's put those at around $10M combined putting us at $40M. I'd have to look up the exact amount but KP's sure-to-be max contract will be around $25M-$30M and puts us around $70M.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/13/2018  6:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/13/2018  6:34 PM
VCoug wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

We currently have no guaranteed money on the books in 2020. THJr has a $19M player option that he'll obviously pick up, we have a $6M team option on Ntilikina and a $4.5M team option on Knox and we'll obviously pick up both which puts us at $29.5M. We'll also have two 1st round picks, let's put those at around $10M combined putting us at $40M. I'd have to look up the exact amount but KP's sure-to-be max contract will be around $25M-$30M and puts us around $70M.

We will go over that cap so Noah stretch money will be juts some extra change from Dolans packet. Who cares about that.
It was no way he would play for us and with Players union and NBA in mind it was no way to resolve this issue otherwise.
Live is much more complicated that cap calculator.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
reub
Member: #6227

10/13/2018  6:36 PM
Noah is a disgrace to the human race. He took all of that money and never even tried to earn it. He used PEDs not caring if he got caught doing it. He didn't even try to help the team from the bench. Good riddance!
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/13/2018  6:46 PM
reub wrote:Noah is a disgrace to the human race. He took all of that money and never even tried to earn it. He used PEDs not caring if he got caught doing it. He didn't even try to help the team from the bench. Good riddance!

Very true. But he is typical NBA player. Very few will do otherwise.
And this few will be great players not washed out one trick ponies.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
VCoug

10/13/2018  7:46 PM
arkrud wrote:
VCoug wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

We will go over that cap so Noah stretch money will be juts some extra change from Dolans packet. Who cares about that.
It was no way he would play for us and with Players union and NBA in mind it was no way to resolve this issue otherwise.
Live is much more complicated that cap calculator.

So you're agreeing that we're going to spend that extra cap space this Summer to justify this move.

NardDogNation
Member: #5555

10/13/2018  9:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/13/2018  9:03 PM
VCoug wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24973763/new-york-knicks-waive-joakim-noah

Noah's not giving any money back so we gain about $13M in cap space this summer but lose $6.5M each of the next two years. Another stupid decision by a stupid franchise. Front office will be under pressure to give out a big contract this Summer to someone in order to justify the cap hit the next two years.

It's why I've never bought the bit about "rebuilding". The reality is that we had no money and no real pieces to make a move to help us compete without KP, even in a weakened Eastern Conference. So they'll play the game and pretend they are doing a youth movement, when the reality is that their hand was forced. My only hope is that they don't do anything stupid on the trade front with our lottery picks (who have impressed)...but this is the Knicks...and stupid is what we do....so be prepared to see us blow all our assets on a Mike Conley Jr or John Wall.

VCoug

10/13/2018  9:42 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
VCoug wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24973763/new-york-knicks-waive-joakim-noah

It's why I've never bought the bit about "rebuilding". The reality is that we had no money and no real pieces to make a move to help us compete without KP, even in a weakened Eastern Conference. So they'll play the game and pretend they are doing a youth movement, when the reality is that their hand was forced. My only hope is that they don't do anything stupid on the trade front with our lottery picks (who have impressed)...but this is the Knicks...and stupid is what we do....so be prepared to see us blow all our assets on a Mike Conley Jr or John Wall.

Yeah, I never really believed because we're one of the worst run franchises in all of sports but this is still a bit of a gut punch. I'm afraid to look at the FA list for next year to see which mid-tier FA we'll be overpaying next Summer.

CrushAlot
USA
10/13/2018  10:01 PM
Would the nbapa have allowed the Knicks to keep Noah away from the team? The fact that he gave nothing back when Wade, Deng and Melo all did means he must know he is toast.
NardDogNation

10/13/2018  10:37 PM
VCoug wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Yeah, I never really believed because we're one of the worst run franchises in all of sports but this is still a bit of a gut punch. I'm afraid to look at the FA list for next year to see which mid-tier FA we'll be overpaying next Summer.

That worries me but I'm even more concerned about us using the space to take on excess money of a fading all-star/stat-stuffer, which is why I brought up Wall and Conley Jr. I think the Wizards and Grizzlies would both be willing to dump those contracts outright and would take a nominal asset in return like a Frank Ntilikina or first round pick in return. I feel the overpaid free agent could be non-fatal...the aforementioned, not so much. We'd probably end up missing the playoff yet again, lose one of the few players that could change our fortunes AND be strapped for cap space for the foreseeable future. That is the Knicks way afterall.

NardDogNation

10/13/2018  10:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/13/2018  10:43 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Would the nbapa have allowed the Knicks to keep Noah away from the team? The fact that he gave nothing back when Wade, Deng and Melo all did means he must know he is toast.

What would have been their recourse? Having a big monied contract doesn't mean you have to get playing time. And if he behaved like an ass while being a 3rd stringer, suspend him until he didn't. The real reason why the Knicks wanted to play nice, is to be on good terms with player-agents throughout the league, to maintain the privilege of signing the Tim Hardaway Jr.'s of the world to ridiculous contracts. After all, where would we be if we didn't have the opportunity to grossly overpay marginal talent via free agency every season?

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/14/2018  12:56 AM
Woof.
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

10/14/2018  11:51 PM
franco12 wrote:Has there been a worse free agent signing?

For long term damage

A) The Mavs resigning free agent Michael Finley and getting street free agent Erick Dampier. The fallout was choosing not to resign Steve Nash. Finley hit a wall ( but always played hard) Dampier owns the distinction of only have two years of any kind of effort, both in contract years, both times netting huge deals. The cost of pivots was different back then. Mark Cuban did something unreal later and admitted in public he made a bad decision but he loved both Finley and Nash as people.

B) The Trailblazers signing UDFA Robert Pack. Actually a very good player and good reserve, but took the roster spot of Walter Davis. Davis was done at that point. Michael Jordan played with Davis in college and demanded the Bulls get him. Instead Jerry Krause got Sacto's Rodney McCray, a decent player who Jordan went out of his way to mentally break. McCray's situation started an already ugly situation into a tipping point of no return. Time has proven Krause did a great job as GM and wannabe GM Jordan is and will always be a total ****ing idiot.

C) The Warriors signing Derek Fisher to a large contract. Fisher was the ONLY thing keeping Shaq and rapist chucker Kobe from destroying each other. Once Fisher was gone, a duo that should have won 10 rings together fell apart. Kobe needed to shut up more. Shaq needed to stop eating Chalupas. When Fisher's last bit of athleticism died, he hung around solely because he could manage Mamba's insanity and no one else could do it.

Ever see a really hot ass woman with legs to forever and stacked up top like a Chinese missile frigate and then realize she's a moody bitch to everyone?

This is why so many NBA free agent signings go bad. Dealing with someone who has never heard the word No in their entire life. And guaranteed contracts means you are stuck with them. Stuck.

wargames
Member: #6053

10/15/2018  12:21 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
franco12 wrote:Has there been a worse free agent signing?

For long term damage

A) The Mavs resigning free agent Michael Finley and getting street free agent Erick Dampier. The fallout was choosing not to resign Steve Nash. Finley hit a wall ( but always played hard) Dampier owns the distinction of only have two years of any kind of effort, both in contract years, both times netting huge deals. The cost of pivots was different back then. Mark Cuban did something unreal later and admitted in public he made a bad decision but he loved both Finley and Nash as people.

B) The Trailblazers signing UDFA Robert Pack. Actually a very good player and good reserve, but took the roster spot of Walter Davis. Davis was done at that point. Michael Jordan played with Davis in college and demanded the Bulls get him. Instead Jerry Krause got Sacto's Rodney McCray, a decent player who Jordan went out of his way to mentally break. McCray's situation started an already ugly situation into a tipping point of no return. Time has proven Krause did a great job as GM and wannabe GM Jordan is and will always be a total ****ing idiot.

C) The Warriors signing Derek Fisher to a large contract. Fisher was the ONLY thing keeping Shaq and rapist chucker Kobe from destroying each other. Once Fisher was gone, a duo that should have won 10 rings together fell apart. Kobe needed to shut up more. Shaq needed to stop eating Chalupas. When Fisher's last bit of athleticism died, he hung around solely because he could manage Mamba's insanity and no one else could do it.

Ever see a really hot ass woman with legs to forever and stacked up top like a Chinese missile frigate and then realize she's a moody bitch to everyone?

This is why so many NBA free agent signings go bad. Dealing with someone who has never heard the word No in their entire life. And guaranteed contracts means you are stuck with them. Stuck.

I remember the Dampier one and jeez was that a nightmare. He was such a scrub too, them trading him for Tyson was some sort of cosmic Karma. Especially considering he was on Miami when Dallas beat them in the Finals.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Knicks Waive and Stretch Noah

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy