The Sticky Starphuch page......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/9/2018  3:46 PM
Sticky can mean a few things here.

But perhaps its thread were we can dream, hope, discuss angles and not be ridiculed for dreaming.
Kyrie is seemingly out.
Klay I doubt moves from GS. But one never knows. GSW gets its ThreePeat, the cupboard gets thin, KD wants out and maybe Klay is seen as a tradable asset in a retool.
Kevin Durant?

Ok, we got that out of the way. Its the knicks and an allstar:
its always been low odds. But one day our yoots will blossom and a player will want the cultural aspect of NYC.
Not just Dolans money!!!!

AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/9/2018  7:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2018  7:55 PM
We have more chances to get stars by having KP back healthy and Knox growing up.
KD is a pipe dream. So the rest of the big FA next summer.
We are just starting to build up and as ugly as it will be FA will not come here.
But dreaming is coll. So lets dream big!!!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

10/10/2018  3:11 AM
John Wall

Wizards badly want out from under that contract.

Do I think he's worth his contract? No.

Do I think the Knicks have a chance to get him in trade if they wanted to get him? Yes

Do I think he's a great player? I think he's a pretty good player, not a true franchise player for a contender nor even a "Market Max" player.

He's the mostly likely "star" the Knicks will get, if at all.

Somehow I keep seeing DeMarcus Cousins ending up a Knick.

A complication is rumors are a lot of useful vets will take the minimum to go to the Warriors. If the Warriors want them.

No one with options wants to play with LeBron James. The constant media ****ting on Bosh and Love and Irving has simply soured people on him. Many people also despise Rich Paul. He's like a real life version of that midget creep "Eric" from Entourage.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/10/2018  11:23 AM
TripleThreat wrote:John Wall

Do I think the Knicks have a chance to get him in trade if they wanted to get him? Yes

Do I think he's a great player? I think he's a pretty good player, not a true franchise player for a contender nor even a "Market Max" player.

A complication is rumors are a lot of useful vets will take the minimum to go to the Warriors. If the Warriors want them.

No one with options wants to play with LeBron James. The constant media ****ting on Bosh and Love and Irving has simply soured people on him. Many people also despise Rich Paul. He's like a real life version of that midget creep "Eric" from Entourage.

Cousins and Fiz are not compatible...
I am not sure Irving is too... He is anti-position-less player with questionable defense.
A lot of fans want players who can put big numbers, generate highlights, and big expectations.
We had this types enough and suck every time miserably.
Why would we wont more misery?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
USA
10/10/2018  11:53 AM
Wall is the perfect Dolan hype player. Marketed as a "star" and likes to say all the right things. He is paid like a star, talks like a star and if asked will tell you "Why wouldn't I think like one". We have heard all that before.
We don't have sign anyone this summer. Keep doing the smart thing. If we are not a good team this year we'll draft high again.
At some point we'll have trade assets and cap space. opportunities will arise. We'll be prepared one day.
anrst
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1054
USA
10/10/2018  12:21 PM
Nalod wrote:Wall is the perfect Dolan hype player. Marketed as a "star" and likes to say all the right things. He is paid like a star, talks like a star and if asked will tell you "Why wouldn't I think like one". We have heard all that before.

also, no other star wants to play with him

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/10/2018  11:26 PM
Giannis is the obvious candidate for me. I think it is only a matter of time before he seeks greener pastures and for once, we actually have assets that could interest a team seeking a destination for their disgruntled susperstar (Ntilikina, Robinson, Knox, the 2019 1st round pick and [hopefully not] KP). It would still be a long shot but Giannis is the type of player I'd be willing to bet the farm on. He's a rare breed of superstar that can log +40mpg AND be expected to play the rough equivalent of 82 games of season, which is invaluable to a team that depletes itself to get him. And with his versatility, he could replace a great number of the skills lost in the trade to begin with!

I think one of the things we can do to help facilitate this, is to target Khris Middleton in free agency. I've been pretty conservative when it comes to signing big-ticketed free agents but without Middleton, I think that Bucks team would implode and increase Giannis' frustrations with the team. If they do decide to offer him the max, however, they will handicap their finances and have no other tools left to improve their team before Giannis becomes a free agency. Either eventuality would be a win-win for us and our positioning for the Giannis sweepstakes.

NardDogNation
Member: #5555

10/10/2018  11:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2018  11:41 PM
Anthony Davis is another player that's likely to demand a trade in the coming seasons. If we could get both he and Giannis, I think we'd have the ingredients to a historic contender. We'd be able to switch everything and have two of the most difficult-to-defend players on offense.

Whenever Davis becomes available, I'd offer a (soon-to-be) re-signed KP and our cap space for Anthony Davis and bad money. For Giannis, I'd offer (hopefully a radically improved) Kevin Knox, Frank Ntilikina, Mitchell Robinson, our 2019 first round pick (that hopefully produces an intriguing player) and future picks. Make no mistake, we'd be screwing the Pelicans and Bucks in these deals BUT there can be no expectation to match on-court value for a superstar when they want out. We should have a decent shot if things go well for us this season if our young talent meet expectations.

We wouldn't have much beyond those two players but could flesh out the rest of the team via free agency as cash gets freed up in future. But considering how many veterans have been willing to accept less than market value to compete for a title, I wouldn't be terribly concerned about the rest of the process. Unfortunately, I see the Celtics likely making this a reality considering their depth of talent and host of draft assets.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/11/2018  9:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2018  9:40 AM
TripleThreat wrote:John Wall

Anthony Davis isn't one of them...

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/09/23/anthony-davis-klutch-sports-rich-paul-pelicans

Neither do Ben Simmons and John Wall...Your biased toward LeBron and his team is transparent. You write chapters on how much despise him and his team and nike for that matter...The idea that nobody wants to play with LeBron isn't true either.

Nalod
USA
10/11/2018  2:39 PM
https://nypost.com/2018/10/11/the-smoke-behind-kevin-durants-early-exit-rumors/

Not sure how much there is to all this. Writers love to do the "his agent is from".....as if that matters?
Durants father is a knicks fan. No, Durants father is likely a "Fan of who my son plays for!" THink his manager goes "hey Kev, you know I love the knicks, why not make me happy?" Kevin gonna do what he gonna do for the reasons he wants to, not to please others. not to say he is a bad guy or anything.
Nalod goes to buy a new car, My wife says she likes White. She drives a white car. I like Blue. Im gonna get what I want. I made her happy buying her a white car.
Now I sound like Triple!!! "MY succubus money grubbing wife who don't have sex with me is wanting a new car and has the nerve to tell me which pigment of paint she wants on the outside! Phuch that, she gonna have sex with me, have me buy the car, then go to a club and sleep with the Nike Rep, then drive her skank ass home and use my credit car to gas up and get some fresh coffee! Not even going to bring me any fresh ground brew driving that car!"
Back on point, Whats with this "Kevin wants his own team" stuff. Whats with that? He is paid 31mm a year, full boat of endorsements and what does he need his "own" team gonna do for him? He joined a championship club and Steph was the face of the franchise. Is he or other players that petty? They don't get money for jersey sales. What perk's is Durant missing? He had his own team in OKC. He left it because winning is cool. Money is cool. San fran is better than OKC any day. Players don't care about new arena's, they don't own them. They play 41 games there. Its not the focal point of their lives. Practice facility is more important.
Kevin don't like his locker? Steph got his own Urinal? Durant can't use it? What am I Missing?

PS: I'd love to see a healthy KP and Durant on the floor!!!

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/11/2018  3:43 PM
Nalod wrote:https://nypost.com/2018/10/11/the-smoke-behind-kevin-durants-early-exit-rumors/

Not sure how much there is to all this. Writers love to do the "his agent is from".....as if that matters?
Durants father is a knicks fan. No, Durants father is likely a "Fan of who my son plays for!" THink his manager goes "hey Kev, you know I love the knicks, why not make me happy?" Kevin gonna do what he gonna do for the reasons he wants to, not to please others. not to say he is a bad guy or anything.
Nalod goes to buy a new car, My wife says she likes White. She drives a white car. I like Blue. Im gonna get what I want. I made her happy buying her a white car.
Now I sound like Triple!!! "MY succubus money grubbing wife who don't have sex with me is wanting a new car and has the nerve to tell me which pigment of paint she wants on the outside! Phuch that, she gonna have sex with me, have me buy the car, then go to a club and sleep with the Nike Rep, then drive her skank ass home and use my credit car to gas up and get some fresh coffee! Not even going to bring me any fresh ground brew driving that car!"
Back on point, Whats with this "Kevin wants his own team" stuff. Whats with that? He is paid 31mm a year, full boat of endorsements and what does he need his "own" team gonna do for him? He joined a championship club and Steph was the face of the franchise. Is he or other players that petty? They don't get money for jersey sales. What perk's is Durant missing? He had his own team in OKC. He left it because winning is cool. Money is cool. San fran is better than OKC any day. Players don't care about new arena's, they don't own them. They play 41 games there. Its not the focal point of their lives. Practice facility is more important.
Kevin don't like his locker? Steph got his own Urinal? Durant can't use it? What am I Missing?

PS: I'd love to see a healthy KP and Durant on the floor!!!

my guess is he reads comments from clyde and many others and deep down he knows it’s true.

franco12
Member: #599
USA
10/12/2018  9:16 AM
The only thing we can control is building our team the right way without overpaying for talent like Noah, Lee & Hardway.

Keep drafting, keep trying to rehabilitate young players (Mudiay, Burke, Hezonja), keep developing players to fit roles.

Keep flexible, and if in the future a meeting with KD happens and he's interested, hopefully we can sell him on our vision and what we are doing.

I can see LeBron making a big impact on the Lakers - and I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish near the top of their division.

Maybe KD sees LeBron take a lottery team into respectability, and looks East to the biggest stage in the NBA.

Nalod
USA
10/12/2018  12:29 PM
franco12 wrote:The only thing we can control is building our team the right way without overpaying for talent like Noah, Lee & Hardway.

Keep drafting, keep trying to rehabilitate young players (Mudiay, Burke, Hezonja), keep developing players to fit roles.

Keep flexible, and if in the future a meeting with KD happens and he's interested, hopefully we can sell him on our vision and what we are doing.

I can see LeBron making a big impact on the Lakers - and I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish near the top of their division.

Maybe KD sees LeBron take a lottery team into respectability, and looks East to the biggest stage in the NBA.

But LeBron has done that for the last 9 years. Lebron has moved his family to Cali for a host of reasons many I think are not basketball related. Maybe he felt his place is history is ok and now in his mid thirties its about still playing, but now about other things. In LA he will still be a big deal, but there are lots of big personalities in LA.
San Fran is not OKC but In NYC he'd still be a big deal given his basketball skills but he might want other things in life as a more rounded person in the last third of his career. The arts, Music, finance, fashion, etc is all here and even more than in SF. If he has three rings his career is complete. If Lebron wants to grow his entertainment company Los Angeles is the place for him to be. Not Akron. Maybe this is about KD the person, not the player but it all is attractive. After while its not about ego, awards or money. That is there and he will still make a ton playing where ever.

The Sticky Starphuch page......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy