martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Kanter
Lance
Knox
THj
Burke

This is our best lineup....Gives Frank a nice second unit to lead. I see him playing well with Mitchell Robinson and Hezonja.

I like MitchRob and I think,or at least hope, he reaches his potential. For now, I think Vonleh is ahead of him. Just a better understanding of positioning and angles at this point of their careers. Plus, it gives us a chance to ease MitchRob in slowly. Bottom line is that he is still developing.

Vonleh is growing on my like KOQ did, and I didn't particularly care for the whole of KOQ's game. A player with just more than a few years in the league should understand how to set a pick by now and both Vonleh and KOQ continue to make that mistake. It's mind boggling.

Martin, you liked KOQ? I feel like every time i praised him you trashed him

That's how I remember it, but maybe I'm thinking about Kanter

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/10/2018  4:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2018  4:47 PM
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Kanter
Lance
Knox
THj
Burke

This is our best lineup....Gives Frank a nice second unit to lead. I see him playing well with Mitchell Robinson and Hezonja.

I think Fiz is doing what any good coach would do with Frank. Seeing how he reacts to being told he may be coming off the bench. Think he wants to stir Frank into stepping up and fighting harder to win the starting job. Which should not be hard to beat our Mudiay and Burke. So far, cant really say its working. Frank does not seem to be energized like a guy who knows he should be the starter. Still early though.

Think starting lineup should be. Frank. Have to give him chance to show he is progressing. Lee. Still our best 2 until he is traded. Timmy. Making too much money to not. Knox. Our future core young and true lottery pick. Kanter. Most consistent offensive player.

What its going to be... Mudiay. Lee. Timmy. Lance. Kanter.

how do you see Mudiay getting the start? Much less any rotation time?

Word. Mudiay is trash. I'd start Ron Baker over him. He's fourth string.

Did not say I agree with it or that I like Mudiay. Just think Fiz likes pace and someone that gets others involved. Just have the feeling he likes Mudiay for that. Burke seems best suited as a spark off the bench. Fiz has already said he wants to take pressure off Frank.

I would prefer Frank to start. He has to sink or swim. Not much to lose this year. Might as well see if he has what everyone claims he has. But at the end of the day. none of those three are going to make a difference in the win column. More anxious to watch Knox and his progression. Think he is the real deal.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/10/2018  5:11 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Kanter
Lance
Knox
THj
Burke

I think Fiz is doing what any good coach would do with Frank. Seeing how he reacts to being told he may be coming off the bench. Think he wants to stir Frank into stepping up and fighting harder to win the starting job. Which should not be hard to beat our Mudiay and Burke. So far, cant really say its working. Frank does not seem to be energized like a guy who knows he should be the starter. Still early though.

Think starting lineup should be. Frank. Have to give him chance to show he is progressing. Lee. Still our best 2 until he is traded. Timmy. Making too much money to not. Knox. Our future core young and true lottery pick. Kanter. Most consistent offensive player.

Did not say I agree with it or that I like Mudiay. Just think Fiz likes pace and someone that gets others involved. Just have the feeling he likes Mudiay for that. Burke seems best suited as a spark off the bench. Fiz has already said he wants to take pressure off Frank.

I would prefer Frank to start. He has to sink or swim. Not much to lose this year. Might as well see if he has what everyone claims he has. But at the end of the day. none of those three are going to make a difference in the win column. More anxious to watch Knox and his progression. Think he is the real deal.

I agree with you especially abouy Knox. His development is extremely important. Personally I dont mind if they bring him and mitch along slowly. It wont take too long for both to play big minutes
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/10/2018  5:57 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Kanter
Lance
Knox
THj
Burke

I agree with you especially abouy Knox. His development is extremely important. Personally I dont mind if they bring him and mitch along slowly. It wont take too long for both to play big minutes
I think Kanter is going to get his minutes and I love Mitch. I thought Mitch would get the majority of the minutes by mid January but Kanter obviously listened to his coach and trained and did the things he was asked to.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

10/10/2018  6:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2018  6:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Kanter
Lance
Knox
THj
Burke

I think Kanter is going to get his minutes and I love Mitch. I thought Mitch would get the majority of the minutes by mid January but Kanter obviously listened to his coach and trained and did the things he was asked to.
oh I agree. I love Kanter and I know he will start. The question is what happens at the deadline? I would really want him back but not sure if we can afford him and a big FA. Plus he will have a lot of value
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
10/10/2018  9:04 PM
Kanter's a really solid player - he'd have been right at home in the 1980s-2000s with his bruising style of play. Heck, he might have been a decent defender with the old hand check and bodying up people on D.

But he's considered a minus on the defensive end.

Interesting article about the value of rebounding here:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1892941-does-rebounding-matter-in-the-nba

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/10/2018  11:18 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Kanter
Lance
Knox
THj
Burke

I like MitchRob and I think,or at least hope, he reaches his potential. For now, I think Vonleh is ahead of him. Just a better understanding of positioning and angles at this point of their careers. Plus, it gives us a chance to ease MitchRob in slowly. Bottom line is that he is still developing.

Vonleh is growing on my like KOQ did, and I didn't particularly care for the whole of KOQ's game. A player with just more than a few years in the league should understand how to set a pick by now and both Vonleh and KOQ continue to make that mistake. It's mind boggling.

Martin, you liked KOQ? I feel like every time i praised him you trashed him

That's how I remember it, but maybe I'm thinking about Kanter

Growing on me....in a bad way, thought that would be more clear with the rest of my post

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/11/2018  8:13 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I guess that's ok for now. Long term I want nothing to do with THJR.

what's your deal with THJ?

He's a 6th man that gets paid like a starter(not his fault at all). If he came in as a UFA and negotiated that contract and role, then i understand your beef. If your going to give anyone else on the roster a chance to grow under a new coaching regime, I think it should be the same across the board.

On a good team, not a single player on this roster would be a starter unless they were playing on a top heavy team.

Kanter and lance after that its eeny meeny miny moe.

What's your deal with Frank?

Anyway, I don't care about THJR's growth prospects. He had more than enough time in the league to show what he can do, which isn't a whole lot. I moved on from him long ago.

maybe this will change your approach towards him, even though I'm not a huge fan of his he played a much more complete game his last yr in ATL, and he was injured much of last season.

It's not a poor baseline for what to expect of Hardaway in 2018-19, at least in the early going. The microwave ability on offense always has been on offer. Fizdale said he came on the scene emphasizing Hardaway’s defense — or lack thereof. That dog-day game against a Jimmy Butler-less T’wolves lineup? The Knicks gave up 108 points and lost by four.

“I challenged him right away,” Fizdale said. “Timmy’s a natural scorer. He knows how to put the ball in the hole. But I want him to be a complete player and really take pride on the other end, and he’s really accepted the challenge. He’s challenging guys in practice, speaking at the film sessions. His competition in drills has been second to none. So I’ve been really happy with his approach about becoming a better defender.”

It’s not enough for him to be known as a scorer, Hardaway said.

“I think it’s great. Same thing when I was in Atlanta: Coach [Mike] Budenholzer really emphasized that end of the floor,” Hardaway said, noticeably omitting his year playing for Jeff Hornacek.

“It’s a must if you want to play on this team, so I’m happy that he’s challenging myself. I definitely want to be up there, be an elite defender, an elite two-way player. It starts now.”

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/11/2018  9:49 AM
maybe this will change your approach towards him, even though I'm not a huge fan of his he played a much more complete game his last yr in ATL, and he was injured much of last season.

ATL was a better team than what we had last year. As you astutely remind us that he was hurt.
In a season when KP was anointed post Melo no. 1 option status which he responded with his first All star campaign before going down, and Then Timmy, re-educated in his return with a big contract was no. 2, then no. 1, also a new role for him. He also did this with a coach on his last year of a contract and a new front office still finding its formula.

ATL with coach Bud was far more stable and he really showed a huge growth the last half of that season. Im not down on him like others because of his contract. Im reminded he was overpaid because of restrictions. Did we have to go that high? We can all speculate but we really as fans don't know the market at that moment. He got Tyler Johnson money, Allan Crabe money........Not huge.
He is 26 and in his prime. He will tell the story, not Nalod or knicks1248.

HofstraBBall

10/11/2018  11:14 AM
technomaster wrote:Kanter's a really solid player - he'd have been right at home in the 1980s-2000s with his bruising style of play. Heck, he might have been a decent defender with the old hand check and bodying up people on D.

Good point. I see him as our most consistent offensive player. I do feel he will have to be traded at deadline. Hopefully he builds on his value and can get us some decent picks. Don't want to see him go but don't think the FO has it in their plans to pay him.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
StarksEwing1

10/11/2018  11:46 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
technomaster wrote:Kanter's a really solid player - he'd have been right at home in the 1980s-2000s with his bruising style of play. Heck, he might have been a decent defender with the old hand check and bodying up people on D.

Good point. I see him as our most consistent offensive player. I do feel he will have to be traded at deadline. Hopefully he builds on his value and can get us some decent picks. Don't want to see him go but don't think the FO has it in their plans to pay him.

Feel the same. Dont want him to go but at the same time he should get us a nice return at the sea d line. Plus we cant afford him and a big free agent
knicks1248
10/11/2018  1:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2018  1:14 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Feel the same. Dont want him to go but at the same time he should get us a nice return at the sea d line. Plus we cant afford him and a big free agent

IDK man, Fiz said something along the line of "Kanters defense is so underrated" which is not what most knicks fan think, if he's playing Hard, leading by example, and were winning a little more than expected, o dont see him moving(remember no sure cuts)

Like Butler, who's going to trade for a player(giving up assets or picks) that will more than likely test FA a couple of months later

ES
HofstraBBall

10/11/2018  2:10 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

IDK man, Fiz said something along the line of "Kanters defense is so underrated" which is not what most knicks fan think, if he's playing Hard, leading by example, and were winning a little more than expected, o dont see him moving(remember no sure cuts)

Like Butler, who's going to trade for a player(giving up assets or picks) that will more than likely test FA a couple of months later

Possibly, either way I don't think the Knicks want to hinder their cap space any further for 2019. The only teams that may give up a draft pick would be a team in contention that needs help and has extra picks. Stranger things have happened. I am hoping we can move Kanter, Lee and Timmy for picks. They would be nice to have long term, specially if we pick up a decent FA in 19.

knicks1248
10/11/2018  3:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2018  3:05 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Possibly, either way I don't think the Knicks want to hinder their cap space any further for 2019. The only teams that may give up a draft pick would be a team in contention that needs help and has extra picks. Stranger things have happened. I am hoping we can move Kanter, Lee and Timmy for picks. They would be nice to have long term, specially if we pick up a decent FA in 19.

If your having some success with these players under the new culture and the coach and his staff, why would we trade them. If we get the ATL THJ and kanter raises his game to all star level, why would we trade them for the unknown.

I'm really wouldn't forcing any trades until I get a verbal commitment from top FA's, thats what Boston did with Haywood, and that's what miami did when they formed the big 3.

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/11/2018  3:32 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

If your having some success with these players under the new culture and the coach and his staff, why would we trade them. If we get the ATL THJ and kanter raises his game to all star level, why would we trade them for the unknown.

I'm really wouldn't forcing any trades until I get a verbal commitment from top FA's, thats what Boston did with Haywood, and that's what miami did when they formed the big 3.

We trade them, at least Kanter, for cap management if he wants a contract that doesn't make sense for our cap flexibility. If, and that's a big if, THJ starts playing like a top 10 she, then I wouldn't mind keeping him. But I don't consider cap flexibility an unknown. It's an asset, just like draft picks.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/11/2018  9:57 PM
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Kanter
Lance
Knox
THj
Burke

https://dailyknicks.com/2018/10/11/new-york-knicks-ron-bakers-surprise-start-keeps-point-guard-spot-flux/

after 4 games starters and rotation

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy