Member: #298
USA
10/9/2018  2:22 PM
Starters: Kanter, Lance, Frank, THjr, Burke
2nd unit: Robinson, Knox, Trier, Baker
fringe: Vonleh, Kornet, Dotson
Out: Mudiay, Mario
Unknown: Lee

This is based on two things. What we have seen in preseason and what is going to serve us best moving forward.
We need to establish style of play and have our highest impact players on the floor to start. Burke/Hardaway/Enes (until Trier proves sustainable) are our best offensive players. Enes is a vacuum under the boards and gets garbage buckets like no other. Wolverine backcourt... Burke is a fantastic ball handler which is critical because the Knicks aren't good enough to turn the ball over and compete. Burke is a huge help there and his offense has been mostly dormant this preseason but I think most agree here he is going to break out there. These are not good defenders which is where Frank/Lance come in. Two guys who can each defend 3-4 positions, move the ball and can hit 3s. I think this is our best 5 to start.

Its a developing year. Knox and Robinson should get big minutes in the 2nd unit. While its cute starting Knox and hoping for ROY he has to show this is what is best, and his shot selection is just too far away from ready. Let him learn.

Trier and Baker earn minutes with play. Trier's scoring is fantastic and Baker's defense is. If Baker is hitting 3s he's a fantastic bench player. Everything else he does is good enough to excellent. He's a good compliment to Trier as well.

I think Fiz plays 9-10 guys during the regular season... so that about sums it up. Vonleh, Kornet, Dotson could all see time based on matchups, foul troubles, etc...

Mudiay and Mario are end of the bench. Hopefully this staff can get something out of them. Well see... but we havent *seen* much at all yet

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

10/9/2018  3:47 PM
not disagreeing on the 4 game sample size but somehow I think we'll soon see Knox in there

kanter lance, knox, THj (SG) and Burke or Frank. I think Fiz likes the offense Burke can provide but it's becoming pretty clear other teams will target Burke's defense immediately

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/9/2018  3:55 PM
Me thinks Knox will be going to the school that bares his name (Hard knocks) and Fiz lets him grow up.
or was that preseason lesson so the kid understands pace? He played more minutes seemingly than anyone.
Put him out there with Frank, Enes, Lance and Hardaway and let it fly!!!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/9/2018  5:44 PM
I don't think Burke can start. His size is just too much of a crutch in the beginning of games. I would have him come off the bench where scoring is needed.

Mudiay? Nope.

Frank needs to start.

PG - Frank
SG - THJr
SF - Knox
PF - Lance
C - Kanter

10 man rotation
Bench - Burke, Mario, Trier, Vonleh, Mitchell Robinson

Out of rotation
Baker, Mudiay, Kornet, CLee, Dotson, Hicks

Baker and Dotson emergency for Trier and Burke when defense is needed.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/9/2018  5:54 PM
I guess that's ok for now. Long term I want nothing to do with THJR.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/9/2018  6:40 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:I guess that's ok for now. Long term I want nothing to do with THJR.

what's your deal with THJ?

He's a 6th man that gets paid like a starter(not his fault at all). If he came in as a UFA and negotiated that contract and role, then i understand your beef. If your going to give anyone else on the roster a chance to grow under a new coaching regime, I think it should be the same across the board.

On a good team, not a single player on this roster would be a starter unless they were playing on a top heavy team.

Kanter and lance after that its eeny meeny miny moe.

ES
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/9/2018  9:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I guess that's ok for now. Long term I want nothing to do with THJR.

what's your deal with THJ?

He's a 6th man that gets paid like a starter(not his fault at all). If he came in as a UFA and negotiated that contract and role, then i understand your beef. If your going to give anyone else on the roster a chance to grow under a new coaching regime, I think it should be the same across the board.

On a good team, not a single player on this roster would be a starter unless they were playing on a top heavy team.

Kanter and lance after that its eeny meeny miny moe.

What's your deal with Frank?

Anyway, I don't care about THJR's growth prospects. He had more than enough time in the league to show what he can do, which isn't a whole lot. I moved on from him long ago.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/9/2018  10:12 PM
fishmike wrote:Starters: Kanter, Lance, Frank, THjr, Burke
2nd unit: Robinson, Knox, Trier, Baker
fringe: Vonleh, Kornet, Dotson
Out: Mudiay, Mario
Unknown: Lee

This is based on two things. What we have seen in preseason and what is going to serve us best moving forward.
We need to establish style of play and have our highest impact players on the floor to start. Burke/Hardaway/Enes (until Trier proves sustainable) are our best offensive players. Enes is a vacuum under the boards and gets garbage buckets like no other. Wolverine backcourt... Burke is a fantastic ball handler which is critical because the Knicks aren't good enough to turn the ball over and compete. Burke is a huge help there and his offense has been mostly dormant this preseason but I think most agree here he is going to break out there. These are not good defenders which is where Frank/Lance come in. Two guys who can each defend 3-4 positions, move the ball and can hit 3s. I think this is our best 5 to start.

Its a developing year. Knox and Robinson should get big minutes in the 2nd unit. While its cute starting Knox and hoping for ROY he has to show this is what is best, and his shot selection is just too far away from ready. Let him learn.

Trier and Baker earn minutes with play. Trier's scoring is fantastic and Baker's defense is. If Baker is hitting 3s he's a fantastic bench player. Everything else he does is good enough to excellent. He's a good compliment to Trier as well.

I think Fiz plays 9-10 guys during the regular season... so that about sums it up. Vonleh, Kornet, Dotson could all see time based on matchups, foul troubles, etc...

Mudiay and Mario are end of the bench. Hopefully this staff can get something out of them. Well see... but we havent *seen* much at all yet

I absolutely agree on this point. I can see Fiz going Pitino with a press and attack focus from a second squad.

We have some nice talent - but the problem is much of it is about the same and there is no clear cut best five. Burke, Frank, Mudiay, THJR, Lee - they are all about the same, some with different warts, better warts worse warts.

blkexec
Member: #748
10/10/2018  2:11 AM

Kanter
Lance
Knox
THj
Burke

This is our best lineup....Gives Frank a nice second unit to lead. I see him playing well with Mitchell Robinson and Hezonja.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/10/2018  3:34 AM
blkexec wrote:
Kanter
Lance
Knox
THj
Burke

This is our best lineup....Gives Frank a nice second unit to lead. I see him playing well with Mitchell Robinson and Hezonja.

I like MitchRob and I think,or at least hope, he reaches his potential. For now, I think Vonleh is ahead of him. Just a better understanding of positioning and angles at this point of their careers. Plus, it gives us a chance to ease MitchRob in slowly. Bottom line is that he is still developing.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
blkexec
Member: #748
10/10/2018  8:25 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Kanter
Lance
Knox
THj
Burke

I like MitchRob and I think,or at least hope, he reaches his potential. For now, I think Vonleh is ahead of him. Just a better understanding of positioning and angles at this point of their careers. Plus, it gives us a chance to ease MitchRob in slowly. Bottom line is that he is still developing.

I haven't paid much attention to Vonleh....but Mitch is a HS grad with no college experience. So yes, he's going to be behind right now. The question is, do you use the Kentucky strategy and let the young guys get starter minutes, so they can learn on the fly? Or the old school approach by allowing your player to learn from the vets and wait his turn?

If Vonleh is the long term solution, then I understand. If Mitch is running around like a "deer in the headlights" then I understand. But even with his lack of experience, he still impacts the game on both ends right now.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/10/2018  9:00 AM
blkexec wrote:
Kanter
Lance
Knox
THj
Burke

I agree. This gives us the most balance. I think that's how it will turn out.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/10/2018  10:42 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Kanter
Lance
Knox
THj
Burke

Vonleh is growing on my like KOQ did, and I didn't particularly care for the whole of KOQ's game. A player with just more than a few years in the league should understand how to set a pick by now and both Vonleh and KOQ continue to make that mistake. It's mind boggling.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/10/2018  11:13 AM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Kanter
Lance
Knox
THj
Burke

Vonleh is growing on my like KOQ did, and I didn't particularly care for the whole of KOQ's game. A player with just more than a few years in the league should understand how to set a pick by now and both Vonleh and KOQ continue to make that mistake. It's mind boggling.

Training the brain is much more difficult task that training the body.
The abilities in this are extremely different for different people.
Some have 7'3" brain and some 5'6"...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/10/2018  11:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2018  1:07 PM
blkexec wrote:
Kanter
Lance
Knox
THj
Burke

I think Fiz is doing what any good coach would do with Frank. Seeing how he reacts to being told he may be coming off the bench. Think he wants to stir Frank into stepping up and fighting harder to win the starting job. Which should not be hard to beat our Mudiay and Burke. So far, cant really say its working. Frank does not seem to be energized like a guy who knows he should be the starter. Still early though.

Think starting lineup should be. Frank. Have to give him chance to show he is progressing. Lee. Still our best 2 until he is traded. Timmy. Making too much money to not. Knox. Our future core young and true lottery pick. Kanter. Most consistent offensive player.

What its going to be... Mudiay. Lee. Timmy. Lance. Kanter.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BigDaddyG

10/10/2018  2:15 PM
blkexec wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Kanter
Lance
Knox
THj
Burke

I haven't paid much attention to Vonleh....but Mitch is a HS grad with no college experience. So yes, he's going to be behind right now. The question is, do you use the Kentucky strategy and let the young guys get starter minutes, so they can learn on the fly? Or the old school approach by allowing your player to learn from the vets and wait his turn?

If Vonleh is the long term solution, then I understand. If Mitch is running around like a "deer in the headlights" then I understand. But even with his lack of experience, he still impacts the game on both ends right now.

Fix is on record as saying we're not talking. I have no doubt Mitch is, by far, the bigger talent. But he does make mistakes that can prove to be brutal at the NBA level. I'm not sure I'd call Vonleh long-term at this point, but wouldn't byou say the same thing about Lance? Rookie bigs have it easier than rookie guards, but there is still a learning curve.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

10/10/2018  2:17 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Kanter
Lance
Knox
THj
Burke

Yeah, I get what you're saying. But, truth be told, it's a league-wide problem. Big are more interest in slipping screen for J's or dunks.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/10/2018  2:31 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Kanter
Lance
Knox
THj
Burke

I think Fiz is doing what any good coach would do with Frank. Seeing how he reacts to being told he may be coming off the bench. Think he wants to stir Frank into stepping up and fighting harder to win the starting job. Which should not be hard to beat our Mudiay and Burke. So far, cant really say its working. Frank does not seem to be energized like a guy who knows he should be the starter. Still early though.

Think starting lineup should be. Frank. Have to give him chance to show he is progressing. Lee. Still our best 2 until he is traded. Timmy. Making too much money to not. Knox. Our future core young and true lottery pick. Kanter. Most consistent offensive player.

how do you see Mudiay getting the start? Much less any rotation time?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/10/2018  3:01 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Kanter
Lance
Knox
THj
Burke

how do you see Mudiay getting the start? Much less any rotation time?

Word. Mudiay is trash. I'd start Ron Baker over him. He's fourth string.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/10/2018  3:02 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Kanter
Lance
Knox
THj
Burke

Martin, you liked KOQ? I feel like every time i praised him you trashed him

after 4 games starters and rotation

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy