[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Great article and another sign that this management team gets it
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/6/2018  10:42 PM
https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2018/10/6/17939828/presenting-exhibit-10-another-reason-to-love-the-knicks-front-office
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
USA
10/7/2018  11:35 AM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/7/2018  1:15 PM
Alex Wolf is a blogger, who is just someone like us but more commited. Wolf not a beast writer, not at practice or access to players/management first hand.
Lets not confuse a nice blog site as being legit sources.
It be like Knicks1248 or myself presented as a legit source. Reposting it sort of does.
I Like the subject and intent to respost.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/7/2018  2:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/7/2018  2:25 PM
Nalod wrote:Alex Wolf is a blogger, who is just someone like us but more commited. Wolf not a beast writer, not at practice or access to players/management first hand.
It be like Knicks1248 or myself presented as a legit source. Reposting it sort of does.

The writer does not need to be "qualified" to make a valid point. To write a good article. Writers from many genres have gotten their start the same way. Dont be a snob.

Nalod
USA
10/7/2018  3:05 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Alex Wolf is a blogger, who is just someone like us but more commited. Wolf not a beast writer, not at practice or access to players/management first hand.

The writer does not need to be "qualified" to make a valid point. To write a good article. Writers from many genres have gotten their start the same way. Dont be a snob.

POst it as "I agree with this blog....." Article are from qualified (they around team) writer. snob? Nope, not being gullible.

CrushAlot
USA
10/7/2018  3:35 PM
You should ask to become a mod. I thought the content was great and I think great organizations do even the little things right.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/7/2018  3:47 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

POst it as "I agree with this blog....." Article are from qualified (they around team) writer. snob? Nope, not being gullible.

Not sure why you're being so picky. The article was drawn on publicly available information. You didnt need to be sitting in the room, or hearing it from a member of the Knicks organization to make a case for why the moves Perry/Mills have made with G-League players have been sound. Wolf goes into detail why.

He makes a good case that Perry/Mills have put the word out there, that if you sign with the Knicks.(wether things work out or not], you will be treated right.

I didnt think of that, you didnt think of that.

One last thing, Crush has posted more articles here than pretty much anyone else, and he has a very good BS detector. That should be enough to give him the benefit of the doubt. No need to go full metal librarian on him.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/7/2018  4:34 PM
Great post Crush! Keep em coming....you are appreciated
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

10/7/2018  5:20 PM

What's interesting is no matter what is said in public, this was pushed by the owners side.

Several times, over the last few CBAs, there were discussions about creating a format closer to MLB ( players there get much more friendly pension terms and health benefits)

Because much of this relates to "service time" and NBAPA votes, this had to be discussed by both sides. From what I hear, at every turn the players representing the NBAPA ( Paul, LBJ, Melo and others) basically said **** it.

Not that uncommon. Veteran employees/those already vested, will forego the benefits of those not grandfathered in or those in the future so they can get stuff now. Paul, LBJ and Melo, most of all, apparently wanted a shift from the Over 36 Rule to the Over 38 Rule ( which is how Paul got that last monster contract) You don't get something for nothing in negotiations, you must trade for it. They traded away, from what I hear, a much more MLB style benefits system, that would help fringe guys the most, to get what they wanted.

I understand the narrative of "greedy owners" And that's completely true. But let's not pretend many of these players give a **** about anyone else. The owners want a constant hedge against any other developmental non NBA affiliated league. So it's not altruism on their side either.

So I see these articles saying this NBA player is so great, he's such a community guy. But everyone in pro sports knows he's a wife beater. Or a drug abuser. Or a drug dealer even. Bangs underage girls. Affliates with gang bangers and organized crime. Money laundering.

But Nike says you can't touch Player X, we signed him to a mega deal, and we buy a **** ton of ad time and ad space, so your talking heads better toe the line. And that's that. So guys like Mike Brown or a Pringles get **** on. Ty Lue is "exhausted and needs to be with his family"

Paul Shirley was a fringe NBA player and he wrote several articles in the past on what it meant to be a fringe guy who bounced around and had to consider international play to make a living.

It's not like the Knicks are somehow enlightened. I don't understand this narrative.

THEY HIRED A GM WHO WAS TRAINED FOR THE JOB. It's that sad and that simple. Don't hire a mechanic to bake you a cake and don't ask a baker to change your oil. How hard is that? For the Knicks , it's FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE AS ALL HELL.

This is not to discount Perry, but any first year NBA intern could make many of these basic decisions. The NBA marketplace is very small. What is critical to someone like Perry is the ESTABLISHED RELATIONSHIPS AND RAPPORT. An idiot who you know is still someone you might trust more than just some total stranger with a nice resume.

Perry looks like a genius because hes a rational choice over a geriatric egomaniac who has never run a front office before and had no real understanding of how the marketplace operates.

"Everything tastes great when you are starving"

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/8/2018  10:53 AM
TripleThreat wrote:Perry looks like a genius because hes a rational choice over a geriatric egomaniac who has never run a front office before and had no real understanding of how the marketplace operates.

The Phil 'era' in one sentence. Looks like a great title/subtitle to a book: The Phil Jackson Era;How an Unqualified Owner hired a "geriatric egomaniac without a clue"

More to Triples' point, there's nothing terribly unique about what Perry's doing with Exhibit 10 deals. Like the apparently Nalod-underwhelming blogger posted, it's just a really great and nice way to spend more of widdo Jimmie's money. Plain old G league salary equals $35K; that's just a little more than a Knick City Dancer makes. (Go Triple!, Go!)

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/11/2018  5:56 AM
Exhibit A that they don't get it Tim Hardaway Jr.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
USA
10/11/2018  7:12 AM
Yesterday there was an article quoting Mills that “man on the street tells him they ok with rebuilding”....
More insistance the youth movement is for real. JROD is right, this is what teams do. Not because its in response to years of inept starphuching but we are void of talent and the rules of free agency in this era is not conducive to having pallets of cash in the basement. Rules level the playing field out were in previous times knicks could buy themselves into trouble.
For all lacked Phil at least set the franchise on a proper path. With all our first round picks intact his worst move was not a max contract. Noah is a bad deal but not a killer. Taking the Longview and waiting mitigates the damage to some degree. Two year stretch will be logical.
Timmy at his salary level is not that bad. Old regime would have thrown that money at Joe Johnson. Timmy’s money is avg for the position. I like that he has kept quiet this preseason. His game will speak for itself soon enough.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/11/2018  8:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2018  9:38 AM
Nalod wrote:Yesterday there was an article quoting Mills that “man on the street tells him they ok with rebuilding”....
More insistance the youth movement is for real. JROD is right, this is what teams do. Not because its in response to years of inept starphuching but we are void of talent and the rules of free agency in this era is not conducive to having pallets of cash in the basement. Rules level the playing field out were in previous times knicks could buy themselves into trouble.
For all lacked Phil at least set the franchise on a proper path. With all our first round picks intact his worst move was not a max contract. Noah is a bad deal but not a killer. Taking the Longview and waiting mitigates the damage to some degree. Two year stretch will be logical.
Timmy at his salary level is not that bad. Old regime would have thrown that money at Joe Johnson. Timmy’s money is avg for the position. I like that he has kept quiet this preseason. His game will speak for itself soon enough.

How else Phil was able to correct the path?
He had to full Dolan, MSG bureaucracy, and NY fans into rebuild by necessity.
And by embarking in predictably faulty win now plan with no long term implications he did just that.
Demolition workers never get the credit... there is nothing to look at.
But without putting this train-wreck of an organization in total doldrums it was not possible to start rebuild.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
USA
10/11/2018  10:39 AM
arkrud wrote:
Nalod wrote:Yesterday there was an article quoting Mills that “man on the street tells him they ok with rebuilding”....

How else Phil was able to correct the path?
He had to full Dolan, MSG bureaucracy, and NY fans into rebuild by necessity.
And by embarking in predictably faulty win now plan with no long term implications he did just that.
Demolition workers never get the credit... there is nothing to look at.
But without putting this train-wreck of an organization in total doldrums it was not possible to start rebuild.

He did not trade first round picks. He got lucky with KP. Gaines was on record as saying we take him even if we have the top pick. We got lucky we did not draft Oka4.
He drafted Frank. Now now, lets not go there again but to me Frank was a LONG VIEW player. I have read many of the criticism's of frank but it was LONG VIEW. That was very unknick like. Fans can think what they want, Frank was a very long view. I hope it pays off.
Dolan moved out of the way. If it took a starphuch to do it so be it.
Im not saying knicks decision was a masterstroke, but it was a departure from everything we knew.
Im not defending the moves, Im defending what took place at the time when it happened.

CrushAlot
USA
10/11/2018  11:54 AM
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:Perry looks like a genius because hes a rational choice over a geriatric egomaniac who has never run a front office before and had no real understanding of how the marketplace operates.

The Phil 'era' in one sentence. Looks like a great title/subtitle to a book: The Phil Jackson Era;How an Unqualified Owner hired a "geriatric egomaniac without a clue"

More to Triples' point, there's nothing terribly unique about what Perry's doing with Exhibit 10 deals. Like the apparently Nalod-underwhelming blogger posted, it's just a really great and nice way to spend more of widdo Jimmie's money. Plain old G league salary equals $35K; that's just a little more than a Knick City Dancer makes. (Go Triple!, Go!)

I don't think what they are doing is the norm but I would have to research it a bit more. But, at least 3 of the guys they are paying extra money to would have had to
Play for Westchestrr if they returned to the g league because the team already had their rights. Also, there seems to be steps taken to show loyalty and treat guys right. They also gave out 6 exhibit 10 contracts for a 10 man roster. I don't know what if that is the norm for other franchises.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/11/2018  12:05 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

I don't think what they are doing is the norm but I would have to research it a bit more. But, at least 3 of the guys they are paying extra money to would have had to
Play for Westchestrr if they returned to the g league because the team already had their rights. Also, there seems to be steps taken to show loyalty and treat guys right. They also gave out 6 exhibit 10 contracts for a 10 man roster. I don't know what if that is the norm for other franchises.
Look im very happy with Scott Perry. I wish we had him 15 years ago when we just went into a tailspin trading numerous picks for bloated contracts. Im not sad that Phil isnt here anymore BUT I dont totally detest everything he did. He made a lot of bonehead moves obviously the Noah contract and the shrimp/smith trade tops the list. But I try be fair too. He didnt trade picks anymore and he did add good young pieces that are a big part of the future. As for the other stuff yes it was time to move on from phil and im very happy with the front office we have now
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

10/11/2018  1:48 PM
Nalod wrote:He did not trade first round picks.

He couldn't. Stepien Rule.

Dolan paid millions to a firm to research "winning" and their grand conclusion was to stop trading off your draft picks.

Dolan could have gotten that advice from Jerry West at some dive for the price of some beer and nachos.

When Jackson signed Robin Lopez, that was a calculated risk. You can see the market based reasoning why. Things like Noah, Rose, taking Calderon instead of Jae Crowder in trade, Lance Thomas, Lance Thomas, did I say Lance Thomas, were all just plain bad decisions from a risk versus reward perspective.

People keep talking about needing to take risks ( this is true) without any context ( i.e. a good risk versus reward situation from a bad one)

Knicks need to take CALCULATED RISKS.

Under this view, 95 percent of what Jackson did is indefensible.

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
10/11/2018  2:47 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Nalod wrote:He did not trade first round picks.

He couldn't. Stepien Rule.

Dolan paid millions to a firm to research "winning" and their grand conclusion was to stop trading off your draft picks.

Dolan could have gotten that advice from Jerry West at some dive for the price of some beer and nachos.

When Jackson signed Robin Lopez, that was a calculated risk. You can see the market based reasoning why. Things like Noah, Rose, taking Calderon instead of Jae Crowder in trade, Lance Thomas, Lance Thomas, did I say Lance Thomas, were all just plain bad decisions from a risk versus reward perspective.

People keep talking about needing to take risks ( this is true) without any context ( i.e. a good risk versus reward situation from a bad one)

Knicks need to take CALCULATED RISKS.

Under this view, 95 percent of what Jackson did is indefensible.

Are you saying that Dolan prohibited Phil from trading draft picks? If so that is total BS. Phil had total authority from dolan and Dolan was hands off with Phil. Phil didn't trade 1st rnd picks because he knew that was bad for the team. stop with the made up BS.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
CrushAlot
USA
10/11/2018  3:06 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Look im very happy with Scott Perry. I wish we had him 15 years ago when we just went into a tailspin trading numerous picks for bloated contracts. Im not sad that Phil isnt here anymore BUT I dont totally detest everything he did. He made a lot of bonehead moves obviously the Noah contract and the shrimp/smith trade tops the list. But I try be fair too. He didnt trade picks anymore and he did add good young pieces that are a big part of the future. As for the other stuff yes it was time to move on from phil and im very happy with the front office we have now
I wasn't talking about Phil. I was talking about Westchester and the exhibit 10 contracts. I don't know for sure but I don't think it is the norm for teams to
Pay extra for guys that they already control the rights for. That was what the article was about that thread is for.
One other thing, I know the Knicks have not had continuity with their g league e roster. This year they have at least 4 guys back including Hicks. It might not seem like much but that is for a ten man roster.
Nalod
USA
10/11/2018  3:07 PM
I know the Steptien rule. Septian spelled backwards is "Dolan".
But you can trade future picks.
Great article and another sign that this management team gets it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy