Frank haters can suck it
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/9/2018  11:39 AM
Nalod wrote:Way I see it:
Yes, Trey Burke is the best PG on the team. If Knox is starting at SF, Timmy at the 2, then if your going by pure position he should get the nod.
If the goal is tread water, he starts.
But if the goal is develop the team and immediate wins are not the priority then its a whole other mindset.
Lets not forget who this coach is and his background.......His winning paradigm is the Miami Heat and the success of that team was the speed on which they played defense on. When accomplished:
"Defense creates fast break and up-tempo opportunities".
But, but, but.........

If that is the goal, yes, Frank has his place on the floor. Either start, finish, what ever. Maybe not now, maybe next year, or the year after. He'll be 22. The offense will come. In a RainMan timeline that's like eternity and we all deserve better but we don't get what we deserve, we get what is.
So if the LONG TERM GOAL is to create a team that plays solid defense and its that which starts the uptempo then I focus on building on that. Its why I said cut Burke. Mudiaye and Mario are struggling because they are learning. They will be given time, its early. Its earlier than early! Its prePhuchingSeason!

Whats best for the team now vs. midseason, end of season, next season are very different thought processes.
Fiz knows what he's doing. We don't. Fiz don't know the outcome, we sure as hell don't.

Fiz said all positions are open and that he wanted a dog fight between the guys to see who earns their starting spot. That doesn't flow with Burke is better right now but he should be cut so Frank can play more minutes. Nothing wrong with earning your minutes and doing what you need to do to win your job. Fiz has already said Lance is starting. It will be interesting to see what happens with Lee when he is healthy.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/9/2018  11:44 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Ira wrote:Frank has improved, but he still has a way to go on offense. But he's a hard worker and a smart player, so he should continue to improve offensively, while playing very good d.
Of Course. Thats a very fair assessment. We all know his defense is his biggest strength and the offense will take some time to blossom. The reason i have been happy since the SL is because he looks much more aggresive, not passing up shots,and even taking it to the hoop. He still such a young kid but with more experience things should start to get easier for him

you really think it takes 164 games to get through to someone.

I watch frank every single time he is giving the ball to bring up court, after a make or miss, 99 out of 99 times he is giving the ball up as soon as he passes half court.

Were talking over 500 possessions, and you want me to believe he is going to grow out of doing that, he has blown more fast break opportunities than any player i have seen in the NBA in the last 5 yrs. Fiz has already ruled him out of playing PG or starting, he will bring him off the bench as a 2 or 3.

I fully understand your train of thought and your optimism, but ask yourself this, Is frank the kind of player you acquire in a speed ball attack system?

If fiz is the coach and you had to redo the draft would still take frank over DSJ?

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/9/2018  12:03 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Ira wrote:Frank has improved, but he still has a way to go on offense. But he's a hard worker and a smart player, so he should continue to improve offensively, while playing very good d.
Of Course. Thats a very fair assessment. We all know his defense is his biggest strength and the offense will take some time to blossom. The reason i have been happy since the SL is because he looks much more aggresive, not passing up shots,and even taking it to the hoop. He still such a young kid but with more experience things should start to get easier for him

I watch frank every single time he is giving the ball to bring up court, after a make or miss, 99 out of 99 times he is giving the ball up as soon as he passes half court.

Were talking over 500 possessions, and you want me to believe he is going to grow out of doing that, he has blown more fast break opportunities than any player i have seen in the NBA in the last 5 yrs. Fiz has already ruled him out of playing PG or starting, he will bring him off the bench as a 2 or 3.

I fully understand your train of thought and your optimism, but ask yourself this, Is frank the kind of player you acquire in a speed ball attack system?

If fiz is the coach and you had to redo the draft would still take frank over DSJ?

Yes he would. This has been confirmed. I love when you argue with your alternative facts. You so silly!
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/9/2018  12:10 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Fast Breaks doesnt necessarily equate to winning. Its fine that Fiz wants to play that style and Frank is a very good athlete so he can push the ball. Also I dont just base it on optimism. I like what ive seen from frank so far. As a point guard myself I know you can play different styles but at the end of the day you have to keeps things under control and defend. Also its time to get over DSJ. Frank is here and will be a big part of the future so you have to get over it dude
StarksEwing1

10/9/2018  12:12 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Yes he would. This has been confirmed. I love when you argue with your alternative facts. You so silly!
his track record for being right isnt too good lol. Also says "you CANT rebuild through the draft and its better to trade picks for guys like butler even though ,99 percent of fans know that is stupid
knicks1248
10/9/2018  12:38 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

his track record for being right isnt too good lol. Also says "you CANT rebuild through the draft and its better to trade picks for guys like butler even though ,99 percent of fans know that is stupid

you can't build through the draft ALONE, the suns, kings, and magic have proven that. You draft, trade, and sign FA..that's how you build. Anything else your just putting all your eggs in one basket

You still have to draft the right player, which is harder than you would care to admit

ES
StarksEwing1

10/9/2018  12:44 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

you can't build through the draft ALONE, the suns, kings, and magic have proven that. You draft, trade, and sign FA..that's how you build. Anything else your just putting all your eggs in one basket

You still have to draft the right player, which is harder than you would care to admit

I NEVER said it was easy. I also NEVER said that you shouldnt sign free agents. However the core has to be through the draft. Hell even before KD went to Golden State they were a champion BECAUSE of the draft. Look at Philly now. They are loaded with young talent and already made a big step forward BECAUSE of the draft.
knicks1248
10/9/2018  12:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2018  12:59 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I NEVER said it was easy. I also NEVER said that you shouldnt sign free agents. However the core has to be through the draft. Hell even before KD went to Golden State they were a champion BECAUSE of the draft. Look at Philly now. They are loaded with young talent and already made a big step forward BECAUSE of the draft.

They have picks that are NBA ready despite the injuries that held them back. They also drafted players that fit their system. You think phil would have drafted KNOX..Hell NO, in his first press conference he said he was looking for players who can jump out the building.

would you trade frank for the spurs 1st rnd pick and another player?

I would see what they would be willing to give up for frank and Lee, they are pretty desperate at this point

ES
StarksEwing1

10/9/2018  1:15 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

They have picks that are NBA ready despite the injuries that held them back. They also drafted players that fit their system. You think phil would have drafted KNOX..Hell NO, in his first press conference he said he was looking for players who can jump out the building.

I would see what they would be willing to give up for frank and Lee, they are pretty desperate at this point

How do you know Phil wouldnt of picked Knox? He did pick KP. Obviously I know thats a big reason you dont like frank. Also as much as you are begging for it the Knicks arent trading Frank. So you might as well prepare yourself that next year out of the 3 ,guards he is the only lock to be here
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/9/2018  1:27 PM
GS got a system when they what they had. When Curry became apparent they went that way.
Don't make shyt up to win an argument.
They got good when they moved from Jax and sped up their game.

Rainman seen ever 500 possessions and plays it over and over in his mind every night.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/9/2018  1:38 PM
Frank has shown a satisfactory level of improvement in his offensive skill given his aqe/experience and what he brings defensively. Just gotta keep building.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
StarksEwing1

10/9/2018  1:42 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Frank has shown a satisfactory level of improvement in his offensive skill given his aqe/experience and what he brings defensively. Just gotta keep building.
Absolutely. Im not suggesting he is anywhere close to a finished product on offense. But he did work hard and shown...progress which is all I can ask for. Now he needs to build on it consistently through the regular season
Nalod
USA
10/9/2018  1:52 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Frank has shown a satisfactory level of improvement in his offensive skill given his aqe/experience and what he brings defensively. Just gotta keep building.
Absolutely. Im not suggesting he is anywhere close to a finished product on offense. But he did work hard and shown...progress which is all I can ask for. Now he needs to build on it consistently through the regular season

Amen! Its about progress. We are not privy to what his coaches are asking him to do and what he is failing at.
He is not a Dennis Smith-Kyrie-Baron type PG. Never was. Not even sure he is a PG other than that was he was doing at 18 in Europe. I see him as a guard, a Olidipo-Dennis Johnson-Iggy type all purpose player who might fill to be a 3 in time.

knicks1248
10/9/2018  1:53 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

How do you know Phil wouldnt of picked Knox? He did pick KP. Obviously I know thats a big reason you dont like frank. Also as much as you are begging for it the Knicks arent trading Frank. So you might as well prepare yourself that next year out of the 3 ,guards he is the only lock to be here

Dude cmon on man

“We know what we want, and we are interested in developing that and turning away from just say this guy can jump out of the gym, this guy can do a triple-double game or dunk the ball,’’ Jackson said. “That is not what we are interested in. We are interested in skill players that know how to play together in team form.”

That's more so the frank type than Knox

You know damn well that this current regime/coach would not have drafted frank so cut it out.

We drafted a suppose pg at #8 and are still searching for a better one.

There's a few of you on here that wouldn't trade frank for labron or durant

ES
knicks1248
10/9/2018  1:54 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Dude cmon on man

“We know what we want, and we are interested in developing that and turning away from just say this guy can jump out of the gym, this guy can do a triple-double game or dunk the ball,’’ Jackson said. “That is not what we are interested in. We are interested in skill players that know how to play together in team form.”

You know damn well that this current regime/coach would not have drafted frank so cut it out.

There's a few of you on here that wouldn't trade frank for labron or durant. I have no problem keeping him, just not at the position you would like

ES
knicks1248
10/9/2018  1:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2018  1:56 PM
You keep thinking i dont like the kid, when my argument is i dont like him as a PG or sg
ES
StarksEwing1

10/9/2018  1:58 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Dude cmon on man

There's a few of you on here that wouldn't trade frank for labron or durant. I have no problem keeping him, just not at the position you would like

Dont be overdramatic. If you think I wouldnt trade him for lebron or KD then you must be smoking crack
Nalod
USA
10/9/2018  2:00 PM
Mention Frank to knicks1248........
StarksEwing1

10/9/2018  2:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2018  2:02 PM
knicks1248 wrote:You keep thinking i dont like the kid, when my argument is i dont like him as a PG or sg
Dude ive NEVER seen you post one positive post about him. Hell even saying ,"nice play Frank". I mean Hell its no secret I wansnt a big Melo fan but when he had a big game or when he handled a situation well I would give him props. You have posted quite a bit that you dont want him here in the future basically.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/9/2018  2:18 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Lots of examples of this. Billups comes to mind.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy