AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

8/22/2021  3:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/22/2021  3:06 PM
blkexec wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:I love how HofstraBBall's manifesto starts with "Frank is everything that's wrong with the Knicks,and ends with "I hope we bring him back on a one year deal."

Hehe, good catch!

:Insert abusive relationship comparison here:

Like I said. He is my Lucy.

I have always been consistent. Like Blkexec wrote. I just never saw him worth a lotto pick. He was a reminder of our failed draft history. I also felt the cries for him starting every year were shortsighted at best. As is the thinking that he did not have a shot to prove he was worth $8M plus this year. Do think that if I am being objective, he is worth a minimal contract as he is young, can play defense and knows the system, (Also heard a rumor from a buddy that talked to a guy who said another guy had seen a Frank workout video) So why not give him a small contract. If we are talking Pinson vs Frank? I'll take Franky and put up with all the "Why is Frank not playing" threads.

However, do think the Frank thing is done. I am sure his team knows it's best for everyone if he moves on.

Let's put it where the goats can get it. If Frank was the last pick in the 2nd round, he wouldn't have a thread with 39 pages. He wouldn't have the expectations weighing on his back as a top 10 pick. Frank is not the worse player in the nba. Frank was simply a bad pick, not a bad player. I think we are mixing things up.

Is it time for Frank to go, sure...Is Frank worth the minimum pay salary? He'll yeah. Unfortunately it's the weight of being the 8th pick during a time when this franchise was in so much turmoil.

If Frank was simply selected to be a roll player, he would've excelled in that roll. Unfortunately for Frank, that wasn't the case. And im not a Frank hater or lover. I just think he's like all the other players selected too high and couldn't meet expectations. It happens in all sports.

I hope Frank lands a contract somewhere. He appears to be a good dude and a good teammate. I wish him the best.

Agree with all this. Think the ones defending him as the 8th pick or that were trying to make him more than what he is are the ones that most disagreed with. I do feel he will end up in France though. But must not ignore his Knick tenure magic.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/22/2021  6:28 PM
Nalod wrote:
Marv wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Marv wrote:A quick look at some players who were available when frank was taken at #8:

Donovan Mitchell
Bam Adebayo
John Collins
Jarrett Allen
OG Anunoby
Kyle Kuzma
Dwayne Bacon(!!)

Does anyone remember a single poster here clamoring for the knicks to take one of the above at #8? I don’t

In the age of one and done and “euro”-scouting, it’s pretty hit and miss i’d say

Mostly it was Smith and Monk.
I told a guy in a bar that we should taken Donovan Mitchell. I swear. I remember it like yesterday, I’m doing shots of tequila with big Peety and his brother, little Peety, and on the jukebox is 4 Tops singing “Bernadette”………We talking about Rick Pitino and how he was big on Donovan Mitchel Who I personally (Like Briggs does) discovered. I watched all those videos on him (must have been me who prompted them, right) and. I said Man, Monk looks inconsistent and Dennis got that bad back. Really I never saw Frank as a pick. After all, after the Fred Weis thing it was karma, right? I’m I’m in the Bayt-Troom bumping some lines with Little Peety and his Cousin, Joey, whose not the sharpest crayon in the box and he’s telling me that Pitino is his wife’s, mothers, cousin, on his fathers side who met him in Providence one evening, that Mitchell was gonna be Dwayne Wade like and He called Isiah who called Phil, who was tripping in Montana so he was not gonna nut’in bout it. So I turns to some dude Big Peety was beefin wif and I says “Phuch dat Monk shyt, take Ricks kid!!!!!
So there it is. All out in the open!

all right i amend it - one of us did.

but finish the story - who was pitino banging against the pool table in the bar?

Dats the weird part, Granted, I’m a bit lit remember, but i remember he was wif a dude. I didn’t get a good look at him so I comment on his looks or nutin but All I remember was this guy was like repeating himself over and over again how he don’t like the French, and this kid who was playing in France was gonna be trouble, right? Who new? He was going off on Mills being a lackey to Phil and if they take this kid he was done. Says it like 100 times, you know, like the Movies, you know, ****ing Rainman right? The movie with Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise. So Pitino just laughing. Dude was cool, he just had his face lift and we all telling him he looks like Bruce Fucking Jenner in Drag, right? Who knew, But Rick was cool, his “date” was a knick fan and he just like talking like he some kind of insider with special brain power to connect to Portzingis inner thoughts. We ask Rick what his name is and he says “Pearl”! We like “Black Jesus Pearl?”, naw….. he laughs, “Look at his necklace!”. We like “oh ****!!!!”
So Rick says to “Pearl”, Give Big Peety here your phone number……. So “Rainman” goes…… 212-317-1248. I says “1248”? And he says……”You need me to repeat it?” I’m like “No man, I’m good”.
On my mother, Last time I took any more bumps!. So no, Rick was not banging that dude on the pool table! But I thinks we might have some “inside info” here. What do I know? Right?

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

8/22/2021  6:37 PM
I wonder who the new punching bag will be for the people who know everything? Obi?
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

8/22/2021  6:41 PM
Philc1 wrote:I wonder who the new punching bag will be for the people who know everything? Obi?

Unless he hits the ground running probably. Knox is just too far gone. If Jalen Johnson has a good preseason game then maybe Grimes.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

8/22/2021  6:44 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Philc1 wrote:I wonder who the new punching bag will be for the people who know everything? Obi?

Unless he hits the ground running probably. Knox is just too far gone. If Jalen Johnson has a good preseason game then maybe Grimes.

I heard Jalen Johnson farts gold

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/22/2021  6:46 PM

this year its Mitch. Look at folks getting on his garage. Not even sure its his. some are hyped about his new “Man strength” while others think he needs a new lawn mover!

Running a close second is Even Fornier. Why? Well some wanted phantom starphuch free agent. Also, he is handsome and French. So right there they are threatend. That he is “Tan” will make him fair game for everyone pen. Our people of color will rail on him for not having enough, and our pigment challenged whites won’t know what to do with him. Not quite white and very French.

But Obi is for sure is n the running. Shaggy runnng, few turnovers we’ll blame “Orlando” Scott Perry and CAA as well.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/22/2021  7:25 PM

really?

did u watch summer league?

and if so, don’t think he’s on an uptick

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/23/2021  8:46 AM
KnickDanger wrote:

I humbly disagree. Knox will spend this season being the Thibs "last 15 seconds of the game 3 point threat"

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
8/23/2021  11:59 AM
Nalod wrote:
Marv wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Marv wrote:A quick look at some players who were available when frank was taken at #8:

Donovan Mitchell
Bam Adebayo
John Collins
Jarrett Allen
OG Anunoby
Kyle Kuzma
Dwayne Bacon(!!)

Does anyone remember a single poster here clamoring for the knicks to take one of the above at #8? I don’t

In the age of one and done and “euro”-scouting, it’s pretty hit and miss i’d say

Mostly it was Smith and Monk.
I told a guy in a bar that we should taken Donovan Mitchell. I swear. I remember it like yesterday, I’m doing shots of tequila with big Peety and his brother, little Peety, and on the jukebox is 4 Tops singing “Bernadette”………We talking about Rick Pitino and how he was big on Donovan Mitchel Who I personally (Like Briggs does) discovered. I watched all those videos on him (must have been me who prompted them, right) and. I said Man, Monk looks inconsistent and Dennis got that bad back. Really I never saw Frank as a pick. After all, after the Fred Weis thing it was karma, right? I’m I’m in the Bayt-Troom bumping some lines with Little Peety and his Cousin, Joey, whose not the sharpest crayon in the box and he’s telling me that Pitino is his wife’s, mothers, cousin, on his fathers side who met him in Providence one evening, that Mitchell was gonna be Dwayne Wade like and He called Isiah who called Phil, who was tripping in Montana so he was not gonna nut’in bout it. So I turns to some dude Big Peety was beefin wif and I says “Phuch dat Monk shyt, take Ricks kid!!!!!
So there it is. All out in the open!

all right i amend it - one of us did.

but finish the story - who was pitino banging against the pool table in the bar?

Dats the weird part, Granted, I’m a bit lit remember, but i remember he was wif a dude. I didn’t get a good look at him so I comment on his looks or nutin but All I remember was this guy was like repeating himself over and over again how he don’t like the French, and this kid who was playing in France was gonna be trouble, right? Who new? He was going off on Mills being a lackey to Phil and if they take this kid he was done. Says it like 100 times, you know, like the Movies, you know, ****ing Rainman right? The movie with Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise. So Pitino just laughing. Dude was cool, he just had his face lift and we all telling him he looks like Bruce Fucking Jenner in Drag, right? Who knew, But Rick was cool, his “date” was a knick fan and he just like talking like he some kind of insider with special brain power to connect to Portzingis inner thoughts. We ask Rick what his name is and he says “Pearl”! We like “Black Jesus Pearl?”, naw….. he laughs, “Look at his necklace!”. We like “oh ****!!!!”
So Rick says to “Pearl”, Give Big Peety here your phone number……. So “Rainman” goes…… 212-317-1248. I says “1248”? And he says……”You need me to repeat it?” I’m like “No man, I’m good”.
On my mother, Last time I took any more bumps!. So no, Rick was not banging that dude on the pool table! But I thinks we might have some “inside info” here. What do I know? Right?

WTF? This sounds like the movie "The Accused".

P.S. jk

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/23/2021  12:52 PM
I thought the reason to bump this thread was when he got signed - maybe the Cavs:

https://kingjamesgospel.com/2021/08/22/cavs-free-agent-frank-ntilikina-makes-sense-reclamation-project/

In the 2017 NBA Draft, the New York Knicks selected Frank Ntilikina with the eighth overall pick. Now, just four years later, Ntilikina is looking for a new NBA home. The Knicks recently renounced Ntilikina’s rights, making him an unrestricted free agent and giving him the freedom to play for whomever he pleases.

Considering how long he’s lasted into free agency, his market shouldn’t be much, meaning that it shouldn’t cost much to potentially sign the young guard.

Nalod
USA
8/23/2021  1:11 PM
Mudiay signed for 2mm with Utah and had a great year as back up. Not sure why Utah did not bring him back. Maybe he wanted a raise. Frank needs an opportunity to play more than the money. He just turned 23 this month. I’m sure there is a place in Europe for him to play and get a decent paycheck. Might have to give up the NBA dream? Gleague might await?
Usually these NBA deals/opportunities come later than the first signee’s. Time will tell the tale, not our opinions.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/23/2021  9:04 PM
Frank should fire his agent if he can’t get a contract. Has their been a former lottery pick in recent years that hasn’t received a second chance with another team after his rookie contract ?
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/23/2021  9:30 PM
Knixkik wrote:Frank should fire his agent if he can’t get a contract. Has their been a former lottery pick in recent years that hasn’t received a second chance with another team after his rookie contract ?

Are you serious, go look up the avg NBA career and DSJ and FRANK are right about where it ends.

ES
franco12
USA
8/23/2021  10:10 PM
Nalod wrote:Mudiay signed for 2mm with Utah and had a great year as back up. Not sure why Utah did not bring him back. Maybe he wanted a raise. Frank needs an opportunity to play more than the money. He just turned 23 this month. I’m sure there is a place in Europe for him to play and get a decent paycheck. Might have to give up the NBA dream? Gleague might await?
Usually these NBA deals/opportunities come later than the first signee’s. Time will tell the tale, not our opinions.

Mudiay now heading to Lithuania:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/08/emmanuel-mudiay-signs-with-lithuanian-team.html

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

8/24/2021  1:04 AM
franco12 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Mudiay signed for 2mm with Utah and had a great year as back up. Not sure why Utah did not bring him back. Maybe he wanted a raise. Frank needs an opportunity to play more than the money. He just turned 23 this month. I’m sure there is a place in Europe for him to play and get a decent paycheck. Might have to give up the NBA dream? Gleague might await?

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/08/emmanuel-mudiay-signs-with-lithuanian-team.html

An odd choice for him. Zalgiris Kaunas is a great and storied franchise, but I struggle to see how a Lithuanian team can afford a contract approaching anywhere what he might have gotten by going back to China (certainly not the $1.2 million he was already getting paid there years back).

Juliano
Member: #7589

8/24/2021  6:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/24/2021  6:52 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:An odd choice for him. Zalgiris Kaunas is a great and storied franchise, but I struggle to see how a Lithuanian team can afford a contract approaching anywhere what he might have gotten by going back to China (certainly not the $1.2 million he was already getting paid there years back).

The girls there are something else though...

franco12
USA
8/24/2021  7:20 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
franco12 wrote:

An odd choice for him. Zalgiris Kaunas is a great and storied franchise, but I struggle to see how a Lithuanian team can afford a contract approaching anywhere what he might have gotten by going back to China (certainly not the $1.2 million he was already getting paid there years back).

I still don’t understand how he is out of the league. I thought he was a bright spot for us, and let’s be honest, we could have used him last year. Dude is young and gifted. Maybe it’s between the ears.

I might take him over Kevin Knox if I am filling our roster- but that says more about Knox than Mudiay.

Nalod
USA
8/24/2021  9:01 AM
franco12 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
franco12 wrote:

I still don’t understand how he is out of the league. I thought he was a bright spot for us, and let’s be honest, we could have used him last year. Dude is young and gifted. Maybe it’s between the ears.

I might take him over Kevin Knox if I am filling our roster- but that says more about Knox than Mudiay.

Sometimes a team chooses that are not for us to comprehend. Mudiay not returning to Utah into covid lockdown and perhaps small reason tilts a guy out of league. Once out its tough to come back.
We near vilify frank now but lets not forget he had some good games that demonstrated ability to change the outcome. He had his chances. Did not materialize.
Knox is now in his last year to prove himself. Obviously it takes no effort to paint a less than enthusiastic outcome for him based on his lack of playing time under Thibs.
He may be begging for a trade. There might not be one that makes sense for him or the team. Or, we are letting his salary run out. He can change the narrative. IN fact, for all we know Thibs might have him penciled in for minutes and he quietly has been a “secret project”.
Just because we don’t get video or hype does not mean it can’t be.

It gets sorted out on the court, not via our opinions. I’m only here saying many things are possible.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/24/2021  12:20 PM
franco12 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
franco12 wrote:

That is when you turn inward and reassess your assessment.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy