[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank haters can suck it
Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

8/19/2021  11:15 PM
Nalod wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Overseas for him perhaps.

LOL, to him and his family he has been playing “Overseas”.

True!

AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Member: #6148

8/20/2021  12:51 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:Frank is the symbol of what is and was wrong with the NY Knicks old school thinking that has kept us behind other progressing franchises for years. Call it the lunch pail dream. (PJ delirium) The idea that we can role up our sleeves and outwork the opponent despite not having talented offensive players. Something that has not been possible since the 90"s. No matter how much fans wanted Frank to prove to everyone that the blue collar hard hat mentality could still get it done, it just did not happen. Why? Easy, cuz that only worked in the 90s when players were much less talented. Especially on offense. You have multiple guys on each team now that can drain 30 footers. You have multiple guys that have every dribble/finish in the book and can jump out of the gym. The teams that are excelling are teams that are not wasting spots on one dimensional defensive players. Every team is the Denver Nuggets of the 80's/90's. Except better defensively and more athletic. Frank just never had the talent on both sides. He also never had "It". Which is what I tried telling the originator of this thread. Although I do not think he knew what that meant. IT is what is needed to excel in sports. Especially in NY. It is endless confidence, a chip on your shoulder, a tough alpha mentality. The ability to be motivated by criticism and not crumble under pressure. It's what every tough NYC kid learned in the streets of NYC. It's what pro fighters have to have. Think we see it in Randle, IQ, RJ, MR. Think the guys we drafted seem to have potential with it as well. It's also the thing we are seeing with many of the top kids in summer league. That along with great shooting range, crazy athleticism and ability to play on both sides of the ball. Always said Frank was just a role player. Problem for him now is that I do not think anyone is looking for just a defensive role player anymore. Frank may be back in Europe this winter or back in the 90's. Frank is just another sad reminder of a failed draft history and what was wrong with our past FOs and their flawed idea of what would succeed in today's NBA.

Btw. For all the experts that moaned about Payton getting minutes over Frank, seems like the rest of the NBA is in agreement. Considering Payton got a job and Frank is still looking for one. Despite what I said, I am hoping Knicks sign him to the minimum and he buys some confidence. Call me Charlie brown and Frank Lucy. Think this may the year we kick the field goal. But then again, a kid like Deuce has already shown more potential to play both sides, in just two games, than Frank ever did.

If he is truly gone, I will miss everytime PhilC asked why Frank was not in the game on every game thread. Despite Knicks being in the lead. I will miss Fishmike bumping the thread every couple of weeks when Frank had a good game. I will also miss all the Frank summer workout videos. May be best to just move on. As I did with DSJR.

Frank messed up big time in his rookie season by getting into BEEF with Lebron James, plus Frank fired his agent Rose, whom became the president of the Knicks in Franks contract year.
Come-On! A defensive coach Thibs not giving a defensive combo-guard Frank any playing-time during the preseason games? Plus Thibs first Knicks win was the first time Thibs gave playing-time to Frank. SMH !!!

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

8/20/2021  1:49 AM
I love how HofstraBBall's manifesto starts with "Frank is everything that's wrong with the Knicks,and ends with "I hope we bring him back on a one year deal."
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
8/20/2021  4:32 AM
gradyandrew wrote:I love how HofstraBBall's manifesto starts with "Frank is everything that's wrong with the Knicks,and ends with "I hope we bring him back on a one year deal."

Hehe, good catch!

:Insert abusive relationship comparison here:

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/20/2021  8:49 AM
Kemet wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Frank is the symbol of what is and was wrong with the NY Knicks old school thinking that has kept us behind other progressing franchises for years. Call it the lunch pail dream. (PJ delirium) The idea that we can role up our sleeves and outwork the opponent despite not having talented offensive players. Something that has not been possible since the 90"s. No matter how much fans wanted Frank to prove to everyone that the blue collar hard hat mentality could still get it done, it just did not happen. Why? Easy, cuz that only worked in the 90s when players were much less talented. Especially on offense. You have multiple guys on each team now that can drain 30 footers. You have multiple guys that have every dribble/finish in the book and can jump out of the gym. The teams that are excelling are teams that are not wasting spots on one dimensional defensive players. Every team is the Denver Nuggets of the 80's/90's. Except better defensively and more athletic. Frank just never had the talent on both sides. He also never had "It". Which is what I tried telling the originator of this thread. Although I do not think he knew what that meant. IT is what is needed to excel in sports. Especially in NY. It is endless confidence, a chip on your shoulder, a tough alpha mentality. The ability to be motivated by criticism and not crumble under pressure. It's what every tough NYC kid learned in the streets of NYC. It's what pro fighters have to have. Think we see it in Randle, IQ, RJ, MR. Think the guys we drafted seem to have potential with it as well. It's also the thing we are seeing with many of the top kids in summer league. That along with great shooting range, crazy athleticism and ability to play on both sides of the ball. Always said Frank was just a role player. Problem for him now is that I do not think anyone is looking for just a defensive role player anymore. Frank may be back in Europe this winter or back in the 90's. Frank is just another sad reminder of a failed draft history and what was wrong with our past FOs and their flawed idea of what would succeed in today's NBA.

Btw. For all the experts that moaned about Payton getting minutes over Frank, seems like the rest of the NBA is in agreement. Considering Payton got a job and Frank is still looking for one. Despite what I said, I am hoping Knicks sign him to the minimum and he buys some confidence. Call me Charlie brown and Frank Lucy. Think this may the year we kick the field goal. But then again, a kid like Deuce has already shown more potential to play both sides, in just two games, than Frank ever did.

If he is truly gone, I will miss everytime PhilC asked why Frank was not in the game on every game thread. Despite Knicks being in the lead. I will miss Fishmike bumping the thread every couple of weeks when Frank had a good game. I will also miss all the Frank summer workout videos. May be best to just move on. As I did with DSJR.

Frank messed up big time in his rookie season by getting into BEEF with Lebron James, plus Frank fired his agent Rose, whom became the president of the Knicks in Franks contract year.
Come-On! A defensive coach Thibs not giving a defensive combo-guard Frank any playing-time during the preseason games? Plus Thibs first Knicks win was the first time Thibs gave playing-time to Frank. SMH !!!

Sometimes a player and agent mutually agree to part ways.
Does one think that Leon would be petty enough to be punishing Frank for perhaps wanting?

Frank hired a French based agent Ndiaye, according to Basket USA's Jonathan Demay, represents several other NBA players, including Nicholas Batum, Rudy Gobert and Evan Fournier. The common denominator? They are French.

Frank wanted out of NY and perhaps felt CAA was too close to knicks to represent his best interests. Leon soon becomes Knicks president.

Did Leon jettison Frank out? No. Did Frank get a fair chance to play? I believe so. Did frank show enough offensive talent to pair with his near elite defense? No. Did knicks do him any favors by not trading him? Not really. Do we change the narrative that Leon kept him on knicks to punish him if there was a trade to be made? C’mon now?

I assume Evan Fournier still has the same agent? If Leon was a first class prick would he not want to do business with him? Or does he put the teams interests before personal grudges? In fact, if your successful in ones own world why even deal with old grudges? Really, does it exist or do we just project “thats what I’d do if I was Leon”?

Frank likely was not worth trading out. We could have waived him last year but he was on the team and did not hurt us. Why take back salary, or perhaps other teams could just wait for him to be free and not carry his salary hit once knicks denounced. Does he find another NBA team? Remains to be seen. Seems we have moved on with McBride but that too remains to be seen once he practices with the Varsity.
How did his “beef” with Lebron actually hurt him? We lambast him for being passive but when he shows aggression we think thats not good? Does a player with defensive tenacity really “Passive”?
I watched a lot of Frank. What I don’t know other than hearsay is how much did he in fact defy his coaches if he did? Also, how much was the speed of the game was not the speed of his offense and he lacked confidence. He rather pass then hurt the team? Ok, that too hurts the team. I get it.

His career will answer the questions we could not over time. Not sure why any fan would find it gratifying to predict his future failure. Not like the kid impregnated your sister and does not return phone calls.

knicks1248
Member: #582
8/20/2021  9:22 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Uptown wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Jimbo5 wrote:With reports of Thibs privately being high on Frank, the upcoming trade deadline will indeed be telling for Fran's future with the Knicks. If he survives the deadline and remains a knick, chances are he is indeed part of the knicks future is some way or form and will likely be signed in the offseason.

It's my feeling Frank would be valuable to a playoff team simply as a defensive stopper. He could bring a second rounder maybe even a late first? Anyway, there has to be some market for him so yes, why get nothing for him only to lose him in the offseason?

Absolutely agree that Frank would be valuable to a playoff team. The Knicks are a playoff team right now. So, he should be valuable to us. I would prefer if the Knicks would keep him and work on re-signing him in the offseason.

For anyone to say they would rather re-sign a well below avg player, then an above avg productive player, clearly doesn't care about winning, as long as he's favorite player plays he's happy.

Your posts are really getting weird. This is kind of messed up.
Frank might need a restraining order on you.
Me? I put up some new motion activated lights around my property.

Do they only light up when knicks1248 posts about Frank?

Fixed

Oh come on. Nalod's must be going to "reinman" counseling. You can see his restraint the last few months.

Thanks Jrod. I do let some things thru and notice there are others who too push back at misinformation. I am not alone.
I’m actually good about all this because I do poke fun at myself and my quest to discredit the Railman and his open concept self esteem boosts. He can’t help himself. YOu can’t with Melo. You never let a chance to defend melo go. I admire that tenacity and it brings respect.
We are not just knick fans but on a quest.

So are you saying we are going to turn this Frank thread into a Melo thread or a Knicks1248 thread? I am all for it.
Anything sounds better than racking up over 3000 pages on "Frank will get it", "Frank sucks", "Start Frank", "Frank changes games with defense", "Frank is better than Trey Burke, Kadeem Allen, Mudiay, Smith Jr., Payton." or my favorite "Franks 3pt shooting numbers in the last THREE games are better than..."

Btw, I think Knicks1248 is Frank Isola. Lmao

Why because I knew he was a bust after the first month of his rookie yr..

Kid was such a charity case

ES
Nalod
USA
8/20/2021  11:27 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Uptown wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Jimbo5 wrote:With reports of Thibs privately being high on Frank, the upcoming trade deadline will indeed be telling for Fran's future with the Knicks. If he survives the deadline and remains a knick, chances are he is indeed part of the knicks future is some way or form and will likely be signed in the offseason.

It's my feeling Frank would be valuable to a playoff team simply as a defensive stopper. He could bring a second rounder maybe even a late first? Anyway, there has to be some market for him so yes, why get nothing for him only to lose him in the offseason?

Absolutely agree that Frank would be valuable to a playoff team. The Knicks are a playoff team right now. So, he should be valuable to us. I would prefer if the Knicks would keep him and work on re-signing him in the offseason.

For anyone to say they would rather re-sign a well below avg player, then an above avg productive player, clearly doesn't care about winning, as long as he's favorite player plays he's happy.

Fixed

Oh come on. Nalod's must be going to "reinman" counseling. You can see his restraint the last few months.

Thanks Jrod. I do let some things thru and notice there are others who too push back at misinformation. I am not alone.
I’m actually good about all this because I do poke fun at myself and my quest to discredit the Railman and his open concept self esteem boosts. He can’t help himself. YOu can’t with Melo. You never let a chance to defend melo go. I admire that tenacity and it brings respect.

So are you saying we are going to turn this Frank thread into a Melo thread or a Knicks1248 thread? I am all for it.
Anything sounds better than racking up over 3000 pages on "Frank will get it", "Frank sucks", "Start Frank", "Frank changes games with defense", "Frank is better than Trey Burke, Kadeem Allen, Mudiay, Smith Jr., Payton." or my favorite "Franks 3pt shooting numbers in the last THREE games are better than..."

Isola at least made sense.

blkexec
Member: #748
8/21/2021  10:13 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Uptown wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

Fixed

Bust? No I disagree.

Picked to early and should've been a 2nd round pick? Yes I agree with that.

My only issue with frank haters is that they or you don't really hate frank. You just hate that he was picked so damn high. We all agree with that.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/21/2021  11:13 PM
blkexec wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Uptown wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

Fixed

Bust? No I disagree.

Picked to early and should've been a 2nd round pick? Yes I agree with that.

My only issue with frank haters is that they or you don't really hate frank. You just hate that he was picked so damn high. We all agree with that.

He had the biggest bust and star potential of all the draft class, when he was drafted.

Lots of players should have been picked in the second round.

As of now, Frank is a bust. He was drafted top 10 and now that his rookie deal is done, he is still unsigned. It doesn’t matter where he should have been picked. One team thought it was truly worth taking him in the lottery. I defended him A LOT too.

Lets put it this way.... Payton suuuuuucked and Frank is excellent on defense.... and he couldn’t get ahead of Elf.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

8/22/2021  7:01 AM
ramtour420 wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:I love how HofstraBBall's manifesto starts with "Frank is everything that's wrong with the Knicks,and ends with "I hope we bring him back on a one year deal."

Hehe, good catch!

Like I said. He is my Lucy.

I have always been consistent. Like Blkexec wrote. I just never saw him worth a lotto pick. He was a reminder of our failed draft history. I also felt the cries for him starting every year were shortsighted at best. As is the thinking that he did not have a shot to prove he was worth $8M plus this year. Do think that if I am being objective, he is worth a minimal contract as he is young, can play defense and knows the system, (Also heard a rumor from a buddy that talked to a guy who said another guy had seen a Frank workout video) So why not give him a small contract. If we are talking Pinson vs Frank? I'll take Franky and put up with all the "Why is Frank not playing" threads.

However, do think the Frank thing is done. I am sure his team knows it's best for everyone if he moves on.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
8/22/2021  10:56 AM
If this place is as bad as twitter and reddit with the Frank hive, I really don't want to deal with them ever again. The Frank hive ruined every single thread and discussion!
KnickDanger

8/22/2021  11:23 AM
Guy is gone a while now and the haters still just cannot let go.

Let it be, man. You got what you wanted.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/22/2021  11:46 AM
A quick look at some players who were available when frank was taken at #8:

Donovan Mitchell
Bam Adebayo
John Collins
Jarrett Allen
OG Anunoby
Kyle Kuzma
Dwayne Bacon(!!)

Does anyone remember a single poster here clamoring for the knicks to take one of the above at #8? I don’t

In the age of one and done and “euro”-scouting, it’s pretty hit and miss i’d say

blkexec
Member: #748
8/22/2021  11:52 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:

Hehe, good catch!

Like I said. He is my Lucy.

I have always been consistent. Like Blkexec wrote. I just never saw him worth a lotto pick. He was a reminder of our failed draft history. I also felt the cries for him starting every year were shortsighted at best. As is the thinking that he did not have a shot to prove he was worth $8M plus this year. Do think that if I am being objective, he is worth a minimal contract as he is young, can play defense and knows the system, (Also heard a rumor from a buddy that talked to a guy who said another guy had seen a Frank workout video) So why not give him a small contract. If we are talking Pinson vs Frank? I'll take Franky and put up with all the "Why is Frank not playing" threads.

However, do think the Frank thing is done. I am sure his team knows it's best for everyone if he moves on.

Let's put it where the goats can get it. If Frank was the last pick in the 2nd round, he wouldn't have a thread with 39 pages. He wouldn't have the expectations weighing on his back as a top 10 pick. Frank is not the worse player in the nba. Frank was simply a bad pick, not a bad player. I think we are mixing things up.

Is it time for Frank to go, sure...Is Frank worth the minimum pay salary? He'll yeah. Unfortunately it's the weight of being the 8th pick during a time when this franchise was in so much turmoil.

If Frank was simply selected to be a roll player, he would've excelled in that roll. Unfortunately for Frank, that wasn't the case. And im not a Frank hater or lover. I just think he's like all the other players selected too high and couldn't meet expectations. It happens in all sports.

I hope Frank lands a contract somewhere. He appears to be a good dude and a good teammate. I wish him the best.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Marv
8/22/2021  12:22 PM
I don’t think it was just his draft position. How many times during his years here did he demonstrate that he had “turned the corner” and “put it together” only to relapse quickly into tentative ineffective play or get injured? This would have been the same problem, albeit in less of a spotlight, regardless of his draft position imo
KnickDanger

8/22/2021  12:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/22/2021  12:29 PM
Marv wrote:A quick look at some players who were available when frank was taken at #8:

Donovan Mitchell
Bam Adebayo
John Collins
Jarrett Allen
OG Anunoby
Kyle Kuzma
Dwayne Bacon(!!)

Does anyone remember a single poster here clamoring for the knicks to take one of the above at #8? I don’t

In the age of one and done and “euro”-scouting, it’s pretty hit and miss i’d say

They were all wetting their pants because we didn't pick Dennis Smith Jr. Fact. Ask Lebronna.

They hate Frank because Phil picked him and he was labeled a "Triangle pick." They've been pining for his failure since day 1. Now that they received their desire they don't know what to do. Until they identify their next whipping boy I suppose. But it will never be the same.....

Nalod
USA
8/22/2021  1:40 PM
Marv wrote:A quick look at some players who were available when frank was taken at #8:

Donovan Mitchell
Bam Adebayo
John Collins
Jarrett Allen
OG Anunoby
Kyle Kuzma
Dwayne Bacon(!!)

Mostly it was Smith and Monk.
I told a guy in a bar that we should taken Donovan Mitchell. I swear. I remember it like yesterday, I’m doing shots of tequila with big Peety and his brother, little Peety, and on the jukebox is 4 Tops singing “Bernadette”………We talking about Rick Pitino and how he was big on Donovan Mitchel Who I personally (Like Briggs does) discovered. I watched all those videos on him (must have been me who prompted them, right) and. I said Man, Monk looks inconsistent and Dennis got that bad back. Really I never saw Frank as a pick. After all, after the Fred Weis thing it was karma, right? I’m I’m in the Bayt-Troom bumping some lines with Little Peety and his Cousin, Joey, whose not the sharpest crayon in the box and he’s telling me that Pitino is his wife’s, mothers, cousin, on his fathers side who met him in Providence one evening, that Mitchell was gonna be Dwayne Wade like and He called Isiah who called Phil, who was tripping in Montana so he was not gonna nut’in bout it. So I turns to some dude Big Peety was beefin wif and I says “Phuch dat Monk shyt, take Ricks kid!!!!!
So there it is. All out in the open!

Marv
8/22/2021  1:46 PM
Nalod wrote:

Donovan Mitchell
Bam Adebayo
John Collins
Jarrett Allen
OG Anunoby
Kyle Kuzma
Dwayne Bacon(!!)

I told a guy in a bar that we should taken Donovan Mitchell. I swear. I remember it like yesterday, I’m doing shots of tequila with big Peety and his brother, little Peety, and on the jukebox is 4 Tops singing “Bernadette”………We talking about Rick Pitino and how he was big on Donovan Mitchel Who I personally (Like Briggs does) discovered. I watched all those videos on him (must have been me who prompted them, right) and. I said Man, Monk looks inconsistent and Dennis got that bad back. Really I never saw Frank as a pick. After all, after the Fred Weis thing it was karma, right? I’m I’m in the Bayt-Troom bumping some lines with Little Peety and his Cousin, Joey, whose not the sharpest crayon in the box and he’s telling me that Pitino is his wife’s, mothers, cousin, on his fathers side who met him in Providence one evening, that Mitchell was gonna be Dwayne Wade like and He called Isiah who called Phil, who was tripping in Montana so he was not gonna nut’in bout it. So I turns to some dude Big Peety was beefin wif and I says “Phuch dat Monk shyt, take Ricks kid!!!!!

all right i amend it - one of us did.

but finish the story - who was pitino banging against the pool table in the bar?

Nalod
USA
8/22/2021  2:09 PM
Marv wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Donovan Mitchell
Bam Adebayo
John Collins
Jarrett Allen
OG Anunoby
Kyle Kuzma
Dwayne Bacon(!!)

all right i amend it - one of us did.

but finish the story - who was pitino banging against the pool table in the bar?

Dats the weird part, Granted, I’m a bit lit remember, but i remember he was wif a dude. I didn’t get a good look at him so I comment on his looks or nutin but All I remember was this guy was like repeating himself over and over again how he don’t like the French, and this kid who was playing in France was gonna be trouble, right? Who new? He was going off on Mills being a lackey to Phil and if they take this kid he was done. Says it like 100 times, you know, like the Movies, you know, ****ing Rainman right? The movie with Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise. So Pitino just laughing. Dude was cool, he just had his face lift and we all telling him he looks like Bruce Fucking Jenner in Drag, right? Who knew, But Rick was cool, his “date” was a knick fan and he just like talking like he some kind of insider with special brain power to connect to Portzingis inner thoughts. We ask Rick what his name is and he says “Pearl”! We like “Black Jesus Pearl?”, naw….. he laughs, “Look at his necklace!”. We like “oh ****!!!!”
So Rick says to “Pearl”, Give Big Peety here your phone number……. So “Rainman” goes…… 212-317-1248. I says “1248”? And he says……”You need me to repeat it?” I’m like “No man, I’m good”.
On my mother, Last time I took any more bumps!. So no, Rick was not banging that dude on the pool table! But I thinks we might have some “inside info” here. What do I know? Right?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/22/2021  2:24 PM
^ LOL
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy