[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank haters can suck it
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/19/2021  12:48 PM
martin wrote:is it me or does Frank only try to dunk on centers?

He has a thing for eurowhite 7 footers!!!!
Frankie knows how to work the crowd!

AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/19/2021  1:22 PM
martin wrote:This made me laugh

Bwahahahahaha! That was awesome! These guys are funny as heck.

technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
3/19/2021  1:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/19/2021  1:35 PM
fishmike wrote:<snip>
Knicks need to NOT lose perspective on Frank. He's 22. Everyone can see he was drafted way too young. He's clearly still getting stronger. His defensive chops are tantalizing and I am not ready to give up on that. When you see Frank's shots and his form the thought is his #s should be better. Form looks good.

Anyway if we are patient Frank can fill a wildly important role. A guy you can bring off the bench, guard 1-4, a nightmare on switches and vs. P&R. Good at the FT line so you can play in late. Good secondary ball handler. He and IQ are actually a perfect bench combo (or could be)

The primary problem with Frank is he was drafted so young - front offices see a perfect ball of clay with the potential to molded into the ideal player. At age 22, it can still happen. But you never know what the growth curve will look like - sometimes it takes years of development on the bench or lots of failure on the floor before you get a good player. And sometimes the player fails to develop altogether. (it seems like he has always had groin issue/injury setbacks every single time he's been slated to get playing time, but we see his FT% and 3pt% coming along over time - but without the experience, we haven't really seen him develop as a PG)

The easy projection would have been a 3&D player with plus playmaking. It's taken a long while for the 3 to appear consistently, but he might be here today.

The high end projection is a super-size starting PG with elite D - basically, what Lonzo Ball and Dejounte Murray look like TODAY. (Fans have long pined for him to get minutes at PG (or even minutes in general!), but he hasn't really proven that he's capable of being even a backup PG - this of course, is keeping in mind that if we're built around point-PF Randle, a ball-dominating PG like isn't really needed on this team...)

Frank still shows flashes of brilliance and continues to tease that he could be more, and as a result, that will increase the cost to keep him. (or you can get a 3&D veteran like Bullock for half the price)

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Nalod
USA
3/19/2021  1:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/19/2021  1:57 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/tom-thibodeau-privately-said-frank-141338328.html?src=rss
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

3/19/2021  9:32 PM
With reports of Thibs privately being high on Frank, the upcoming trade deadline will indeed be telling for Fran's future with the Knicks. If he survives the deadline and remains a knick, chances are he is indeed part of the knicks future is some way or form and will likely be signed in the offseason.
NYKBocker
USA
3/19/2021  9:47 PM
Jimbo5 wrote:With reports of Thibs privately being high on Frank, the upcoming trade deadline will indeed be telling for Fran's future with the Knicks. If he survives the deadline and remains a knick, chances are he is indeed part of the knicks future is some way or form and will likely be signed in the offseason.
Thibs is a defensive coach. Frank is a premiere defender. Makes sense that Thibs would be high on Frank
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/19/2021  9:53 PM
Jimbo5 wrote:With reports of Thibs privately being high on Frank, the upcoming trade deadline will indeed be telling for Fran's future with the Knicks. If he survives the deadline and remains a knick, chances are he is indeed part of the knicks future is some way or form and will likely be signed in the offseason.

It's my feeling Frank would be valuable to a playoff team simply as a defensive stopper. He could bring a second rounder maybe even a late first? Anyway, there has to be some market for him so yes, why get nothing for him only to lose him in the offseason?

shinmen
Member: #6029
France
3/19/2021  10:59 PM
His late blossoming might be a blessing in disguise for the knicks. If he can be signed for a reasonable contract this offseason, i'm sure he will outplay his contract. Frank is a positive player and he has an elite skill that few in the league have. His man and help defense is superb.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/19/2021  11:12 PM
He also has an elite ability to put up a lot of zeros. Yet somehow, still manages a strong +/- in spite of his zeros.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

3/20/2021  2:48 AM
KnickDanger wrote:

It's my feeling Frank would be valuable to a playoff team simply as a defensive stopper. He could bring a second rounder maybe even a late first? Anyway, there has to be some market for him so yes, why get nothing for him only to lose him in the offseason?

Absolutely agree that Frank would be valuable to a playoff team. The Knicks are a playoff team right now. So, he should be valuable to us. I would prefer if the Knicks would keep him and work on re-signing him in the offseason.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/20/2021  11:07 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

Absolutely agree that Frank would be valuable to a playoff team. The Knicks are a playoff team right now. So, he should be valuable to us. I would prefer if the Knicks would keep him and work on re-signing him in the offseason.

Agree!

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/22/2021  8:50 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

For anyone to say they would rather re-sign a well below avg player, then an above avg productive player, clearly doesn't care about winning, as long as he's favorite player plays he's happy.

ES
Nalod
USA
3/22/2021  9:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/22/2021  9:20 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

For anyone to say they would rather re-sign a well below avg player, then an above avg productive player, clearly doesn't care about winning, as long as he's favorite player plays he's happy.

Your posts are really getting weird. This is kind of messed up.
Frank might need a restraining order on you.
Me? I put up some new motion activated lights around my property.

NYKBocker
USA
3/22/2021  9:24 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

Dog with a bone. He can't help it.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/22/2021  9:39 AM
Very inconsistent right now
The Future is Bright!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/22/2021  10:14 AM
He compares favorable to Fred VanVleet at the same age!

I'm glad I'm not a GM.

He plays one of the hardest positions to excel at - PG. And even here, he is a tweaner whose biggest strength coming into the NBA was defense.

At some point, these guys we drafted have to be something other than potential. Knox, Frank, Obi - all are really giant question marks. We could build a list a mile long of excuses or reasons why this or that.

If he gets traded and turns into something, more power to him. I won't criticize the front office for making a move to try to improve our team.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/22/2021  10:52 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

Do they only light up when knicks1248 posts about Frank?
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/22/2021  10:55 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

Fixed

jrodmc
USA
3/22/2021  10:56 AM
franco12 wrote:He compares favorable to Fred VanVleet at the same age!

I'm glad I'm not a GM.

He plays one of the hardest positions to excel at - PG. And even here, he is a tweaner whose biggest strength coming into the NBA was defense.

At some point, these guys we drafted have to be something other than potential. Knox, Frank, Obi - all are really giant question marks. We could build a list a mile long of excuses or reasons why this or that.

If he gets traded and turns into something, more power to him. I won't criticize the front office for making a move to try to improve our team.

When to define "the point" for each is key... to inducing huge amounts of post traffic on each of them. Mitch could be lumped in there too. Obi seems like an easy target because he sits behind our AllStar and everyone had better ideas on draft night.

Thank God nobody's reached "the point" on IQ yet... or have they?

jrodmc
USA
3/22/2021  10:58 AM
Uptown wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

Fixed

Oh come on. Nalod's must be going to "reinman" counseling. You can see his restraint the last few months.

Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy