[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank haters can suck it
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/16/2021  10:31 PM
Two consecutive ****ters. He might be out the league if he keeps this up.
The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

3/17/2021  10:29 AM
Whether he goes on to a great NBA career, plays in France, or disappears or whatever, you Frank Haters can still suck it. You had a corncob up your ass for him from the get go. You want him to fail.

Anyway, I’d say it’s not over yet.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/18/2021  9:46 AM
We need a thread that tells Frank lovers what to do, now that Frankie's officially beat out the Tony Wroten thread!

Honestly, when he was shooting 1.000 from 3 for five minutes, were there still people whining about wanting to see him fail?
It's year 4, and the knocks on his game and his inability to stay healthy haven't changed.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/18/2021  12:01 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Whether he goes on to a great NBA career, plays in France, or disappears or whatever, you Frank Haters can still suck it. You had a corncob up your ass for him from the get go. You want him to fail.

Its "hate" if the criticism is undeserved. Its something else to pretend the criticism was never valid, after 4 years of watching Frank play. Frank might blow up on another team, hope he does.

Some of us have seen enough, thats not hate. Its being tired of getting teased that Frank is finally turning the corner, he hasn't. Frank's more skilled after 4 years, not more clutch.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/18/2021  2:28 PM
This it Frankie. I've never really demanded anything from you until now, but the Knicks need production from IQ, Rose and Satan out. If you can't show anything now, the I'm done.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/18/2021  5:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2021  8:40 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:This it Frankie. I've never really demanded anything from you until now, but the Knicks need production from IQ, Rose and Satan out. If you can't show anything now, the I'm done.

LMAO...Is it ironic that as soon as he got hurt. Roze and now IQ are out due to health protocols and injury? So when he gets back, he gets to resume his spot in the starting line up

KnickDanger

3/18/2021  10:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2021  10:26 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Whether he goes on to a great NBA career, plays in France, or disappears or whatever, you Frank Haters can still suck it. You had a corncob up your ass for him from the get go. You want him to fail.

Its "hate" if the criticism is undeserved. Its something else to pretend the criticism was never valid, after 4 years of watching Frank play. Frank might blow up on another team, hope he does.

Some of us have seen enough, thats not hate. Its being tired of getting teased that Frank is finally turning the corner, he hasn't. Frank's more skilled after 4 years, not more clutch.

I direct my comments at those who cheered for his failure from the moment Phil picked him and was labeled "a triangle pick." It is "hate" when you never give the kid a chance -- a teenager when he was first selected and for a while thereafter. I have never said he's anything other than what he has shown which is a flawed, inconsistent player with some magnificent defensive prowess who has had trouble staying on the court. But he's on my team so I pull for him and chose not to condemn him before his 19th birthday -- or his 22nd for that matter. The bias against him has been transparent all along.

And by the way he had some pretty good minutes tonight. I know that burns the ass of the, um, "haters." Heh heh.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/18/2021  10:44 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I direct my comments at those who cheered for his failure from the moment Phil picked him and was labeled "a triangle pick." It is "hate" when you never give the kid a chance -- a teenager when he was first selected and for a while thereafter. I have never said he's anything other than what he has shown which is a flawed, inconsistent player with some magnificent defensive prowess who has had trouble staying on the court. But he's on my team so I pull for him and chose not to condemn him before his 19th birthday -- or his 22nd for that matter. The bias against him has been transparent all along.

And by the way he had some pretty good minutes tonight. I know that burns the ass of the, um, "haters." Heh heh.

You can call Frank a "Triangle pick" and still give him a chance. Almost everything we've said about Frank's game as a rookie, from his first game as a Knick, is still true today. Almost 4 years later. Thats on Frank, not the fans who point that out.

Any other Knick over the last 20 years or so who went on scoring droughts like Frank's would have heard a lot worse. Frank is a likeable kid, likeable enough for fans to get very upset at the slightest criticism.

I would have called Frank a bust long ago, if I thought he was beyond help. I just dont think its going to happen here.

Frank goes on very long scoring droughts, epic droughts, wont even try layups. Then has a couple of respectable to good games. His ardent fans start talking about "haters". Frank goes on another long drought. Rinse, lather, repeat. 4 years of this.

Frank is out of the slump. Now he has to prove he can stay out of it long enough to show the Knicks, the league, that it isnt just another tease.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

3/19/2021  5:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/19/2021  5:58 AM
At this point I have given up on dreams that Frank will ever play like a point guard worthy of a #8 pick. But I really hope the Knicks keep him at a reasonable cost, even if pitching in 8-10 PPG is going to be his ceiling. His defense is a true masterpiece, yesterday it was like seeing la Stanza Della Segnatura at the Vatican.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
3/19/2021  8:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/19/2021  9:20 AM
The frustrating thing about Frank is that you can see that this kid has the skills to score at least 10 points every game if given 25 minutes, but he is just so hesitant and passive that he throws his own game off. Maybe Frank needs to get married and have a woman in his ear about being more aggressive on the Court or something. I do hope the Knicks keep him, because I think eventually the light switch is going to turn on for him, and he will be useful as a defensive stopper off the bench. He earns about $7 mil now, I think resigning him for about $5-6 mill for two years would be a good deal to see if he continues to develop. He is still only 22 years old.
Trust the Process
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/19/2021  8:36 AM
here's the thing with Frank... its an iso league, and his man2man defense is simple elite. Whether guarding smalls or bigs on switches he's simply an impact defender. Last night you get some offense and its eye opening. Two games prior Frank literally lost us the games as we desperately needed someone to get buckets and Frank didnt hit the iron
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/19/2021  9:28 AM
Just watched the game. Damn shame some fans can’t see the beauty of his defense. The disruptions that lead to steals, the tip passes, the effort to get thru screens. That a player so offensively inconsistent can remain in the league and effect a game with defense IN THIS ERA and be hated by a few who put their ego first is just a shame.
IM not rooting for him to move on, I’m rooting or him to hit shots and perhaps our FO and coaches see a potential beyond the moment.
I don’t put my scouting ability at any level to be quote worthy or set an example. I’m not saying we should keep him because I see something our coaches and other teams don’t see. I’m just rooting. He stripped the ball from Gordon in the 3rd period on his way to the rim! He causes steals. If that don’t get you out of your seat thats too bad!
jrodmc
USA
3/19/2021  10:08 AM
The "he was only 19 years old" bull**** is really old and stale. The mofo was picked 8th in the NBA draft. I didn't, and still don't give a **** if he was 5 years old when drafted. You're in the big leagues now. Produce, stay healthy or be a bust.

Frank's shown flashes, and nobody wanted Clyde 2 more than I did. It hasn't happened. We have a bit role player, a defensive gem, who can't put a decently long string of games together in 4 seasons.

I get it, the whole "my home grown guy" love. Funny, how this "my team, right or wrong" is selective for some fans. If Frankie were on some other team, you'd be snickering at the waste of a #8 pick.

Don't see how ANYONE can't, or won't appreciate his defense. But as all the Melohaters on here were quick to point out, there's two sides to the court. (RELAX NALOD)

I hope we do keep him, and Thibs manages to get Frankie to be serviceable offensively. He should stay here on the cheap, in any event. Don't see how that stat line is going to make him expensive.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/19/2021  10:14 AM
Nalod wrote:Just watched the game. Damn shame some fans can’t see the beauty of his defense. The disruptions that lead to steals, the tip passes, the effort to get thru screens. That a player so offensively inconsistent can remain in the league and effect a game with defense IN THIS ERA and be hated by a few who put their ego first is just a shame.
IM not rooting for him to move on, I’m rooting or him to hit shots and perhaps our FO and coaches see a potential beyond the moment.
I don’t put my scouting ability at any level to be quote worthy or set an example. I’m not saying we should keep him because I see something our coaches and other teams don’t see. I’m just rooting. He stripped the ball from Gordon in the 3rd period on his way to the rim! He causes steals. If that don’t get you out of your seat thats too bad!

Yup and yup

KnickDanger

3/19/2021  10:24 AM
jrodmc wrote:The "he was only 19 years old" bull**** is really old and stale. The mofo was picked 8th in the NBA draft. I didn't, and still don't give a **** if he was 5 years old when drafted. You're in the big leagues now. Produce, stay healthy or be a bust.

Frank's shown flashes, and nobody wanted Clyde 2 more than I did. It hasn't happened. We have a bit role player, a defensive gem, who can't put a decently long string of games together in 4 seasons.

I get it, the whole "my home grown guy" love. Funny, how this "my team, right or wrong" is selective for some fans. If Frankie were on some other team, you'd be snickering at the waste of a #8 pick.

Don't see how ANYONE can't, or won't appreciate his defense. But as all the Melohaters on here were quick to point out, there's two sides to the court. (RELAX NALOD)

I hope we do keep him, and Thibs manages to get Frankie to be serviceable offensively. He should stay here on the cheap, in any event. Don't see how that stat line is going to make him expensive.

So if you’re 19 picked 8th or lower say, you have to jump out of the gate or that is that. A bust to be booed. Okay.

And yeah I root for the laundry. Not proud of that, nor ashamed. Just how I’m wired, can’t help myself. That doesn’t equate to “my team right or wrong” for me. Not about being in denial.

Maybe it just comes down to personalities. Some of are happy to be negative, need to feel we are “badass.” Some are more rainbows and unicorns. Gives us something to yack about over our coffee.

jrodmc
USA
3/19/2021  10:45 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
jrodmc wrote:The "he was only 19 years old" bull**** is really old and stale. The mofo was picked 8th in the NBA draft. I didn't, and still don't give a **** if he was 5 years old when drafted. You're in the big leagues now. Produce, stay healthy or be a bust.

So if you’re 19 picked 8th or lower say, you have to jump out of the gate or that is that. A bust to be booed. Okay.

And yeah I root for the laundry. Not proud of that, nor ashamed. Just how I’m wired, can’t help myself. That doesn’t equate to “my team right or wrong” for me. Not about being in denial.

Maybe it just comes down to personalities. Some of are happy to be negative, need to feel we are “badass.” Some are more rainbows and unicorns. Gives us something to yack about over our coffee.

No arguments about the laundry, and as a deranged John Sterling-level homer, I have no qualms about being proud of that, and happy about being proud of it. I can appreciate Jordan, Iverson, etc, because I love the game, but it's Knicks first, everyone else loses. If that qualifies as badass, then so be it.

My only slight on the Frankie love is as stated on the age angle. He's a pro baller. It's not like he's 12 and you were asking him to come to the big city and drive a semi. He was already playing pro ball. You get drafted that high and the expectations are just as high, sorry. You don't get to spend years learning how to gently find your way on the offensive side of the ball.

As someone else said, he really needs to have the same damned agression and motor he uses on D to score the ball. Maybe being married would help his groin issues as well.

In any event, you're right, Frankie's been the focal point of fan love/hate for a while now. It's a good thing.

blkexec
Member: #748
3/19/2021  10:54 AM
fishmike wrote:here's the thing with Frank... its an iso league, and his man2man defense is simple elite. Whether guarding smalls or bigs on switches he's simply an impact defender. Last night you get some offense and its eye opening. Two games prior Frank literally lost us the games as we desperately needed someone to get buckets and Frank didnt hit the iron

Too much focus on where he was selected. It's probably a mental block for him as well, to try and reach that 8th pick selection. When in fact, if frank was picked in the 2nd round, knick fans would be kicking and scream to pick him up in a trade.

I hope when all the PGs return, frank can find a 3 and D roll on this team. We need his defense and set shot. If he does anything more than that, it's like rolling the dice. But his swim lane is 3 and D.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/19/2021  11:04 AM
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:here's the thing with Frank... its an iso league, and his man2man defense is simple elite. Whether guarding smalls or bigs on switches he's simply an impact defender. Last night you get some offense and its eye opening. Two games prior Frank literally lost us the games as we desperately needed someone to get buckets and Frank didnt hit the iron

Too much focus on where he was selected. It's probably a mental block for him as well, to try and reach that 8th pick selection. When in fact, if frank was picked in the 2nd round, knick fans would be kicking and scream to pick him up in a trade.

I hope when all the PGs return, frank can find a 3 and D roll on this team. We need his defense and set shot. If he does anything more than that, it's like rolling the dice. But his swim lane is 3 and D.

it didnt end up being a loaded draft. Obviously missing Mitchell was tough, we werent the only ones... Frank/DSjr/Monk were all picked above Donovan. Monk has had some good stretches. DS is on the Mudiay arc if he's lucky.

Knicks need to NOT lose perspective on Frank. He's 22. Everyone can see he was drafted way too young. He's clearly still getting stronger. His defensive chops are tantalizing and I am not ready to give up on that. When you see Frank's shots and his form the thought is his #s should be better. Form looks good.

Anyway if we are patient Frank can fill a wildly important role. A guy you can bring off the bench, guard 1-4, a nightmare on switches and vs. P&R. Good at the FT line so you can play in late. Good secondary ball handler. He and IQ are actually a perfect bench combo (or could be)

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/19/2021  12:19 PM
This made me laugh

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/19/2021  12:23 PM
is it me or does Frank only try to dunk on centers?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy