Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/9/2021  11:18 AM
Philc1 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
martin wrote:

I’m hoping we can extend Frank on a one to 2 year deal at good money. Problem is he was so horribly mismanaged by Fizz and then initially ignored by the current regime he may sign somewhere else for less money just out of spite

we can match. He is a valuable bench piece with 40% 3 point shooting. What drives me crazy about Frank he is so unselfish he hurts the team. He needs to just let it fly

Yeah I don’t see any team offering Frank big money. He’s been given such a lousy rap thanks to years of Fizz/Perry blackballing him I can’t see anyone offering him more than 1 yr $5 million

That's a limited vision thru a Knicks fan's eyes. Frank will absolutely get more than $5M, probably even a 3 year deal

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Jimbo5
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8854

3/10/2021  9:36 AM
Frank did well since he was interted in the rotation. Even if im happy that he showed growth offensively upon his return And we even heard thibs give some nice words ablout Frank, I still think that it didnt move the needle for Thibs to expand his rotation. The only path i see for frank to get minutes on this team is for the FO to trade Payton or Bullock or Burks to oven up minutes for Frank. Unless thibs can shave off minutes from Payton, Bullock or RJ to open up minutes for Frank.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/10/2021  9:53 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:Frank did well since he was interted in the rotation. Even if im happy that he showed growth offensively upon his return And we even heard thibs give some nice words ablout Frank, I still think that it didnt move the needle for Thibs to expand his rotation. The only path i see for frank to get minutes on this team is for the FO to trade Payton or Bullock or Burks to oven up minutes for Frank. Unless thibs can shave off minutes from Payton, Bullock or RJ to open up minutes for Frank.

So they should cater to the 11th man on the depth chart.

Your suggesting that they trade players that are better than him, so his loyal fans can see him play more.

Hey payton, i know you have a NTC but we are willing to do whatever it takes to move you because franks a better pg

Hey Bullock I know you have been pretty damn solid this season, and have build a solid chemistry with the starting unit, but we have to play frank so we will trade you

Hey Burks, i know you were our biggest off season acquisition, and have been playing solid, but we need to get frank out there, so we will trade you.

I think they were playing frank to showcase what he has before the Trade deadline

ES
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/10/2021  10:27 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:Frank did well since he was interted in the rotation. Even if im happy that he showed growth offensively upon his return And we even heard thibs give some nice words ablout Frank, I still think that it didnt move the needle for Thibs to expand his rotation. The only path i see for frank to get minutes on this team is for the FO to trade Payton or Bullock or Burks to oven up minutes for Frank. Unless thibs can shave off minutes from Payton, Bullock or RJ to open up minutes for Frank.

I don't see Thibs reducing RJ's minutes any further than what he's already cut them down to compared to the first quarter of the season. And Bullock and Burks have a longer track record with the 3 than Frankie.

I think his best bet is they trade Payton in a package with Rivers for some low first round or second round picks or something.

martin
USA
3/10/2021  10:58 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Your suggesting that they trade players that are better than him, so his loyal fans can see him play more.

Hey payton, i know you have a NTC but we are willing to do whatever it takes to move you because franks a better pg

Hey Bullock I know you have been pretty damn solid this season, and have build a solid chemistry with the starting unit, but we have to play frank so we will trade you

Hey Burks, i know you were our biggest off season acquisition, and have been playing solid, but we need to get frank out there, so we will trade you.

I think they were playing frank to showcase what he has before the Trade deadline

This is literally what teams do to get better. They sit or trade guys to make way for better guys. Like sitting Rivers. Or when GS realized they had something in Draymond, they sat or traded guys.

The guys that they clear for.... they have to obviously earn it.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/10/2021  11:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/10/2021  1:09 PM
Berman in the Post giving his mid season “grades” for the Knicks — always ridiculous by design but whatever. A plus for Randle okay, lots of A’s and A minuses fine, Knox a C minus can’t really argue, then at the bottom Frank with a “D plus.” It’s like he wrote the whole article just so he could dump on Frankie. Not saying Frank has been amazing or anything, but he showed promise recently and has been a good guy and certainly not worse than Knox. My theory is still that since some can’t s#!t on Phil anymore they save it up for the “Triangle” guy who represents his legacy.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/10/2021  12:12 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

This is literally what teams do to get better. They sit or trade guys to make way for better guys. Like sitting Rivers. Or when GS realized they had something in Draymond, they sat or traded guys.

Jimbo didn’t even say that they should trade those guys in his post. He said the only way for Frank to probably get regular mins would be if they did trade those guys. Sounded more like he was being practical.

Frank though is 22 yrs old. Has more long term potential. Pretty basic stuff that you wouldn’t need to be a loyal Frank fan to grasp. Only would need to care about the best interest of the Knicks long term big picture wise. Also don’t view Frank as PG so wouldn’t want to remove Payton for this specific reason. Then force him to have him play there.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
jrodmc
USA
3/10/2021  12:20 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Wait, this FO gave Payton an NTC??? How'd that happen? Not that I hate Elfrid, but I thought NTC's were reserved for your upper echelon players...

martin
USA
3/10/2021  12:27 PM
jrodmc wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Wait, this FO gave Payton an NTC??? How'd that happen? Not that I hate Elfrid, but I thought NTC's were reserved for your upper echelon players...

It's by virtue of the type of contract Elf signed. They didn't GIVE him the NTC, his contract and situation warranted it

jrodmc
USA
3/10/2021  12:30 PM
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

It's by virtue of the type of contract Elf signed. They didn't GIVE him the NTC, his contract and situation warranted it

I really should have went to law school. Contract and situation. Nice. Thanks, martin. Oh and by the way.

No

martin
USA
3/10/2021  12:34 PM
jrodmc wrote:
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I really should have went to law school. Contract and situation. Nice. Thanks, martin. Oh and by the way.

No

A player who re-signs with his previous team on a one-year contract – or a two-year deal with an option year – is given no-trade protection. So is a player who signs an offer sheet and has that offer matched by his previous team. Players who accept one-year qualifying offers after their rookie contracts expire also receive veto power.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/10/2021  12:59 PM
1. Elf team option was not picked up and his pay was reduced by nearly half from 8ish mil to 4.7mil. The NTC as Martin said was not negotiated, it was. Elf can waive it BTW.
2. Burks, Elf, Bullock need not be traded for Frank to play. Thats a childish response. Frank was not showcased or played to satisfy his fans. That is very childish. Frank was next man up.

We know Thibs wants to win and will play some he feels will do that. Will he develop a player along the way and give a young guy time where another “Deserves” ? Thats a good questions. Likely not, the young player has to earn it. Can both forms coexist where variables like contracts, the length of it, and the upside/age of a player factor in? Of course. Are we privy to what’s in Thibs head? No. Except 1248 seems to have a portal into Thibs.

newyorknewyork
3/10/2021  4:01 PM
Frank on the season(9gms) putting up 48.6fg%, 61.9 3pt%, 60ft%, 66 TS%, 121 ORTG, 109 DRTG, 135 WS48, -1.5 OBPM, 2.0 DBPM

This came out of nowhere lol.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/10/2021  4:24 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Frank on the season(9gms) putting up 48.6fg%, 61.9 3pt%, 60ft%, 66 TS%, 121 ORTG, 109 DRTG, 135 WS48, -1.5 OBPM, 2.0 DBPM

if he finishes the year healthy he will get a good offer as a 3&D rotation guy. If he ends up hitting the 3 at 40% and playing good D late in the season someone is going to give him a good 3 year offer. It would be a great arc to the Frank saga (especially for knicks1248) if Frank was resigned and a valuable piece to a winning squad
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
3/10/2021  6:10 PM
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Frank on the season(9gms) putting up 48.6fg%, 61.9 3pt%, 60ft%, 66 TS%, 121 ORTG, 109 DRTG, 135 WS48, -1.5 OBPM, 2.0 DBPM

if he finishes the year healthy he will get a good offer as a 3&D rotation guy. If he ends up hitting the 3 at 40% and playing good D late in the season someone is going to give him a good 3 year offer. It would be a great arc to the Frank saga (especially for knicks1248) if Frank was resigned and a valuable piece to a winning squad

There is no way he maintains shooting the 3 at a 62% clip. So there is gonna be some type of drop off. That WS48 and ORTG are very appealing though. Makings of a quality rotational 3&D role player. Who could get spot duty, making a ball handler work for it in key moments late in a game.

Wait until he plays next to a high level ball handler playmaker who routinely creates open looks.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/10/2021  6:19 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

There is no way he maintains shooting the 3 at a 62% clip. So there is gonna be some type of drop off. That WS48 and ORTG are very appealing though. Makings of a quality rotational 3&D role player. Who could get spot duty, making a ball handler work for it in key moments late in a game.

Wait until he plays next to a high level ball handler playmaker who routinely creates open looks.

Who knows. Mitch set a mark previously held by Wilt Chamberlin. We tallking about a dude that one need only say his first name and thats it!!!
Maybe Frank can be a new catigorical leader?
Personally, I'd like to see him get more games in and we can finally put the question to rest as to who is he is. With RFA looming perhaps we get some closure if a multi year contract is offered either by us or elsewhere. Provided he is not traded.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
3/11/2021  6:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/11/2021  6:39 AM
Frank is leading the league in 3pt percentage

I just love this team. I said last year the team had talent, it just was not coming together. This year it is coming together with another year of experience and better coaching, and Frank’s play is a reflection of that. The kid has become a legit 3 and D wing. They should trade Payton and start Frank and let D Rose and Quickley maintain their bench roles. Frank’s shooting will help with spacing in the starting unit.

Trust the Process
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

3/11/2021  7:12 AM
I read an article that said the knicks are looking to upgrade their roster by the trade deadline. According to Marc Berman the knicks are even considering including Frank for a trade package for Oladipo. I really like Frank and I wont be mad at the knicks if they do decide to trade him but trading him for Oladipo? Someone who a lot of people think will just be a rental?

For a rental player I think its more logical to just include non rotational players(ok, a few months ago Frank is a nin ratation player, but now he showed growth and alot thinks he deserves to be part of ghe rotation) and a draft pick to sweeten the package. Unless they view oladipo as a long term player and they have secured a commitment to extend after the season ends, then trading Frank for him might not sting too much.

newyorknewyork
3/11/2021  7:17 AM
Nalod wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Who knows. Mitch set a mark previously held by Wilt Chamberlin. We tallking about a dude that one need only say his first name and thats it!!!
Maybe Frank can be a new catigorical leader?
Personally, I'd like to see him get more games in and we can finally put the question to rest as to who is he is. With RFA looming perhaps we get some closure if a multi year contract is offered either by us or elsewhere. Provided he is not traded.

How many games would he need to legitimize it? lol

martin
USA
3/11/2021  10:29 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:I read an article that said the knicks are looking to upgrade their roster by the trade deadline. According to Marc Berman the knicks are even considering including Frank for a trade package for Oladipo. I really like Frank and I wont be mad at the knicks if they do decide to trade him but trading him for Oladipo? Someone who a lot of people think will just be a rental?

For a rental player I think its more logical to just include non rotational players(ok, a few months ago Frank is a nin ratation player, but now he showed growth and alot thinks he deserves to be part of ghe rotation) and a draft pick to sweeten the package. Unless they view oladipo as a long term player and they have secured a commitment to extend after the season ends, then trading Frank for him might not sting too much.

Someone else's take:

Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy