[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank haters can suck it
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/7/2021  10:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/7/2021  10:58 AM
If Frank can take on a Raja Bell like role of shut down defender and 3 point sniper he is at different tier than Knox, and he will have a long successfull career. I want to see him EARN that starting spot over Bullock, instead of it being given, and the dude absolutely NEEDS to stay healthy.

This version of Frank is not a star but he is the type of player all winning teams have.

If you are able to concentrate on just really upgrading the PG spot by obtaining a young vet PG (Maybe a guy like Zo, Maybe a guy like Rozier-guys who are definate upgrades and fit the syatem), you can upgrade with minimal chemistry disruption.

~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/7/2021  11:32 AM
joec32033 wrote:If Frank can take on a Raja Bell like role of shut down defender and 3 point sniper he is at different tier than Knox, and he will have a long successfull career. I want to see him EARN that starting spot over Bullock, instead of it being given, and the dude absolutely NEEDS to stay healthy.

This version of Frank is not a star but he is the type of player all winning teams have.

If you are able to concentrate on just really upgrading the PG spot by obtaining a young vet PG (Maybe a guy like Zo, Maybe a guy like Rozier-guys who are definate upgrades and fit the syatem), you can upgrade with minimal chemistry disruption.

Be funny to get an honest reference comparing Frank to Jimmy butler at the same age. Not to say Frank is a proxy for a young jimmy but obviously the years Frank in the NBA Jimmy was in College. Apples to apples you compare his rookie year to Frank this season. Jimmy played an avg 8 min a game his rookie with 2.6 pts per average at age 22 after three years in college. Thibs experience thru all his NBA years has seen players develop or not. What does he see in Frank? Anything? I dont know. Just curious.
Why the obsession? Longest tenured Knick currently and mostly a fan favorite who also divides the faithful with heated debate.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

3/7/2021  12:54 PM
martin wrote:

I’m hoping we can extend Frank on a one to 2 year deal at good money. Problem is he was so horribly mismanaged by Fizz and then initially ignored by the current regime he may sign somewhere else for less money just out of spite

Nalod
USA
3/7/2021  1:53 PM
Out of spite? Doubt that.
We can match, he is undrestricted.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/7/2021  7:33 PM
Philc1 wrote:
martin wrote:

I’m hoping we can extend Frank on a one to 2 year deal at good money. Problem is he was so horribly mismanaged by Fizz and then initially ignored by the current regime he may sign somewhere else for less money just out of spite

No chance in hell he takes less anywhere for any reason. He’s going to who offers the most money, as he should. He’s not in a position to do things to piss off teams. He’s not at that level anyway.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Jimbo5
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8854

3/7/2021  7:45 PM
I hope Frank can stay with the knicks, its now clear that he is not a starter but he can still carve a role in this team.i can see him as the 3&D glue guy ala Tony Allen, Marcus Smart, Bruce Bowen which I think is still important to have in a team.

Frank is still young, he is even younger than Obi and has 3 years NBA experience. With the new coaching staff more equipt to handle player development, its nice to know that Thibs sees Frank's effort in practice. There are some improvements hopefully the FO can see the value in keeping Frank in the team

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/7/2021  8:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/7/2021  9:28 PM
Philc1 wrote:
martin wrote:

we can match. He is a valuable bench piece with 40% 3 point shooting. What drives me crazy about Frank he is so unselfish he hurts the team. He needs to just let it fly
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
wargames
Member: #6053

3/8/2021  6:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/8/2021  6:11 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
martin wrote:

we can match. He is a valuable bench piece with 40% 3 point shooting. What drives me crazy about Frank he is so unselfish he hurts the team. He needs to just let it fly

It depends on if they think he can bring to the team what Bullock brings but cheaper. Bullock might get a good offer as a 3&D piece and the Knicks need to start counting their pennies now if they want a chance at say Zach Lavine in 2022.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
3/8/2021  10:30 AM
I would LOVE to have Frank on a 3 year contract structured exactly the same as Austin Rivers...
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/8/2021  11:13 AM
wargames wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
martin wrote:

It depends on if they think he can bring to the team what Bullock brings but cheaper. Bullock might get a good offer as a 3&D piece and the Knicks need to start counting their pennies now if they want a chance at say Zach Lavine in 2022.

Thibs already stated he will not play 11 guys, so when Rose comes back thursday, frank goes back to (DNP CD) or a couple of token minutes here and there.

Why would frank sign here knowing he isn't guaranteed PT, after being jerk around for yrs(partly because of himself)

Why would the knicks invest in a player who's been injury prone. If they bandish Rivers to the bench, the same thing can happen to him next season,(especially if the land ball, dipo, or lavine) so he would be foolish as hell to resign with this franchise.

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/8/2021  12:20 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
wargames wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
martin wrote:

Thibs already stated he will not play 11 guys, so when Rose comes back thursday, frank goes back to (DNP CD) or a couple of token minutes here and there.

Why would frank sign here knowing he isn't guaranteed PT, after being jerk around for yrs(partly because of himself)

Why would the knicks invest in a player who's been injury prone. If they bandish Rivers to the bench, the same thing can happen to him next season,(especially if the land ball, dipo, or lavine) so he would be foolish as hell to resign with this franchise.

because Frank is great and plays an incredibly important role really well. How's Trey "he will lead us to 50 wins" Burke been playing?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/8/2021  12:28 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
wargames wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
martin wrote:

because Frank is great and plays an incredibly important role really well. How's Trey "he will lead us to 50 wins" Burke been playing?

always full of jokes

ES
Nalod
USA
3/8/2021  1:48 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
wargames wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
martin wrote:

always full of jokes

as are your posts.......

jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
3/8/2021  2:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/8/2021  2:27 PM
Just 3 more pages and Frank will beat Tony Wroten!
http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=53888&page=1

We can do this! But no cheap, space-eating embedded replies to the replies to the replies... Do the work!

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/8/2021  3:01 PM
jrodmc wrote:Just 3 more pages and Frank will beat Tony Wroten!
http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=53888&page=1

We can do this! But no cheap, space-eating embedded replies to the replies to the replies... Do the work!

I was in a band called "Space-Eating Embedded Replies...."

jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
3/8/2021  3:19 PM
KnickDanger wrote:I was in a band called "Space-Eating Embedded Replies...."

Can you actually eat space? But as Breen would say, that reminds me of a song...
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/8/2021  4:35 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
wargames wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
martin wrote:

always full of jokes

as are your posts.......

Very True 😂
Kemet
Member: #6148

3/8/2021  7:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/8/2021  8:11 PM
Nalod wrote:
joec32033 wrote:If Frank can take on a Raja Bell like role of shut down defender and 3 point sniper he is at different tier than Knox, and he will have a long successfull career. I want to see him EARN that starting spot over Bullock, instead of it being given, and the dude absolutely NEEDS to stay healthy.

Be funny to get an honest reference comparing Frank to Jimmy butler at the same age. Not to say Frank is a proxy for a young jimmy but obviously the years Frank in the NBA Jimmy was in College. Apples to apples you compare his rookie year to Frank this season. Jimmy played an avg 8 min a game his rookie with 2.6 pts per average at age 22 after three years in college. Thibs experience thru all his NBA years has seen players develop or not. What does he see in Frank? Anything? I dont know. Just curious.
Why the obsession? Longest tenured Knick currently and mostly a fan favorite who also divides the faithful with heated debate.

We all notice the strong power of Leon Rose when he was just an agent, now Leon has became owner Dolans president in control of a billion dollar organization.
Frank's type of skills are what coach Thibs has pride in getting his players to perform to have a winning coaching career.
However, Frank NBA career went sour the offseason he fired Agent Leon Rose, at the start of Frank's 2nd season the Knicks ex-head-coach Fizdale start giving Frank 2 to 4 playing-time minutes per quarter in a different lineup each quarter. Ex-head-coach Miller learned the urgent need of Frank's skills in the Knicks lineups weeks before the Covid-19 shut-down. Now Frank has to deal with the misunderstanding BEEF he has with the Knicks new president Leon Rose decision-making on the players on the Knicks roster.
Head coach Thibs 2020-21 success on the NY Knicks will rely on a healthy 11 man rotation during the 2020-21 Covid-19 NBA season. And Frank's all-around skills are a need !!!

Nalod
USA
3/8/2021  10:13 PM
Kemet wrote:
Nalod wrote:

We all notice the strong power of Leon Rose when he was just an agent, now Leon has became owner Dolans president in control of a billion dollar organization.
Frank's type of skills are what coach Thibs has pride in getting his players to perform to have a winning coaching career.
However, Frank NBA career went sour the offseason he fired Agent Leon Rose, at the start of Frank's 2nd season the Knicks ex-head-coach Fizdale start giving Frank 2 to 4 playing-time minutes per quarter in a different lineup each quarter. Ex-head-coach Miller learned the urgent need of Frank's skills in the Knicks lineups weeks before the Covid-19 shut-down. Now Frank has to deal with the misunderstanding BEEF he has with the Knicks new president Leon Rose decision-making on the players on the Knicks roster.
Head coach Thibs 2020-21 success on the NY Knicks will rely on a healthy 11 man rotation during the 2020-21 Covid-19 NBA season. And Frank's all-around skills are a need !!!

So weird that Leon the Agent is not Leon the president for the same player with pending RFA status. Has this happend before? Pelinka might have been over Lakers but Kobe’s contract was ending and he was retiring. Lets just say that Leon really knows both sides of Frank. Wondering was it an amicable split? Interesting stuff as a fans I’d like to know.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

3/9/2021  6:15 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
martin wrote:

Yeah I don’t see any team offering Frank big money. He’s been given such a lousy rap thanks to years of Fizz/Perry blackballing him I can’t see anyone offering him more than 1 yr $5 million

Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy