[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank haters can suck it
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/4/2018  5:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/4/2018  5:04 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Fiz has said there won't be just one PG. Guards are guards.
Clyde and earl were both PG's, both could pass, Shoot and run. That's what guards do.
Frank can do what he does. If Burke is on the court, and he is fed,, he does what he does.
Frank might play with two other guards. That's three, or what ever you want to call it. Just because he is playing "THE THREE" does not mean he plays different, he will do what he does.

Call frank what you want. He looks smooth on offense and that block was electrifying.

Hating on Frank or loving on Burke don't mean a thing. Its what happens on the court.
Its ok to be a fan of a knick!!!

Suck it knicks1248!!! Frank is progressing. Might not be as fast as you want, but suck it, you don't set the bar.

Frank is not the type of guard I want running the point, that doesn't mean he sucks, there's just a lot of different ways i would used him to be more effective.

Mudiiay sucks

Trey is the guy I want running the point because he can score, he puts pressure on other pgs to guard him or foul him.

Opposing guards waste no energy guarding frank,

Again no really true. I think Frank is showing he can put pressure. He hasnt gotten a real chance to run the point yet. Fiz let mudiay and trey have the first try. Now next game Frank will. However Frank has looked best in overall play. I agree mudiay has suck. Trey to be honest other than the third quarter last night hasnt been that impressive. He has been ok. Also his defensive is an issue
AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/4/2018  5:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/4/2018  5:17 PM
fishmike wrote:Dude is gonna have a break out year. He looks closer to everything we hoped for when he was drafted.

"He's too passive."

Frank is not only going to be huge part of this core, but he fits in fantastically with what we are trying to do. Knox looks like a straight up scorer. A bucket dropper. Hopefully he becomes a great 2-way but at worst he looks like he'll have some great scoring chops. So you have a scorer in Knox around 3 long and hopefully elite defensive guys with KP/Frank/Mitch.

Frank is such a difference maker. As this team gets better and goes into the playoffs Frank will easily be one of the most important guys. He's so good defensively he's a guy your going to put on the other teams's best scorer and I promise you the guy is going to have a tough series.

But yea... why take my word for it

I don't think anyone has ever argued that Frank is not a very good defensive player. But seriously, playing against last year's 23rd worst team in the league, in preseason no less, and putting up 1 assist and 9 points in twenty minutes for a negative +/- doesn't exactly scream TWO WAY PLAYER. And BTW, his one assist to Kanter was more like a bail out.
I still don't think he's a starting caliber PG in this league. And definitely not a SG. I'd love to see him pull it together and prove me wrong and be an above average offensive PG, but right now, he's best suited at the 3 on offense, to hide his deficiencies.
All that said, I think this team can be a terrific defensive team. Or at least have a terrific defensive unit.

P.S. - I do have to say those blocks at the rim where beautiful to see, I admit! Those are front court caliber blocks.

StarksEwing1

10/4/2018  5:18 PM
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:Dude is gonna have a break out year. He looks closer to everything we hoped for when he was drafted.

"He's too passive."

Frank is not only going to be huge part of this core, but he fits in fantastically with what we are trying to do. Knox looks like a straight up scorer. A bucket dropper. Hopefully he becomes a great 2-way but at worst he looks like he'll have some great scoring chops. So you have a scorer in Knox around 3 long and hopefully elite defensive guys with KP/Frank/Mitch.

Frank is such a difference maker. As this team gets better and goes into the playoffs Frank will easily be one of the most important guys. He's so good defensively he's a guy your going to put on the other teams's best scorer and I promise you the guy is going to have a tough series.

I don't think anyone has ever argued that Frank is not a very good defensive player. But seriously, playing against last year's 23rd worst team in the league, in preseason no less, and putting up 1 assist and 9 points in twenty minutes for a negative +/- doesn't exactly scream TWO WAY PLAYER. And BTW, his one assist to Canter was more like a bail out.
I still don't think he's a starting caliber PG in this league. And definitely not a SG. I'd love to see him pull it together and prove me wrong and be an above average offensive PG, but right now, he's best suited at the 3 on offense, to hide his deficiencies.
All that said, I think this team can be a terrific defensive team. Or at least have a terrific defensive unit.

P.S. - I do have to say those blocks at the rim where beautiful to see, I admit! Those are front court caliber blocks.

i dont think that is really fair. He has looked better since the end of last year,the summer league,and so far in the two preseasons. Just because he isnt flashy doesnt mean he isnt getting the job done.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/4/2018  5:22 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Panos wrote:

"He's too passive."

I don't think anyone has ever argued that Frank is not a very good defensive player. But seriously, playing against last year's 23rd worst team in the league, in preseason no less, and putting up 1 assist and 9 points in twenty minutes for a negative +/- doesn't exactly scream TWO WAY PLAYER. And BTW, his one assist to Canter was more like a bail out.

i dont think that is really fair. He has looked better since the end of last year,the summer league,and so far in the two preseasons. Just because he isnt flashy doesnt mean he isnt getting the job done.

Who said anything about flashy. Actually, in fact, his blocks and dunk WERE flashy. Is my call to see him set up his teammates flashy?

StarksEwing1

10/4/2018  5:24 PM
Panos wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Panos wrote:

"He's too passive."

Who said anything about flashy. Actually, in fact, his blocks and dunk WERE flashy. Is my call to see him set up his teammates flashy?

he has always been good at setting up teamates. Like i mentioned before fizdale let burke and mudiay be the primary point guard for the first two games. Now he said he is making the switch
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/4/2018  8:23 PM
Ira wrote:The team is better when Frank is in the game. Granted he doesn't break down the defense enough, but he's learning - and his defense gives the team a big boost.

Two preseason games and you got “Not enough”? For who? A contending team? Knicks might be a bottom 10 team. Coach says he don’t care about positions, so why should you?

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/4/2018  8:31 PM
Panos wrote:

"He's too passive."

I don't think anyone has ever argued that Frank is not a very good defensive player. But seriously, playing against last year's 23rd worst team in the league, in preseason no less, and putting up 1 assist and 9 points in twenty minutes for a negative +/- doesn't exactly scream TWO WAY PLAYER. And BTW, his one assist to Kanter was more like a bail out.

We don't have a starting caliber PG. ZERO. ZILCH. NADA.
We also don't have ANY two-way guards. AT ALL. What Frank does (defense) he does at an elite level. None of our other guards do ANYTHING at an elite level.
There really isn't anything else to discuss.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
USA
10/4/2018  8:32 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Clyde and earl were both PG's, both could pass, Shoot and run. That's what guards do.
Frank can do what he does. If Burke is on the court, and he is fed,, he does what he does.
Frank might play with two other guards. That's three, or what ever you want to call it. Just because he is playing "THE THREE" does not mean he plays different, he will do what he does.

Call frank what you want. He looks smooth on offense and that block was electrifying.

Hating on Frank or loving on Burke don't mean a thing. Its what happens on the court.

Suck it knicks1248!!! Frank is progressing. Might not be as fast as you want, but suck it, you don't set the bar.

Frank is not the type of guard I want running the point, that doesn't mean he sucks, there's just a lot of different ways i would used him to be more effective.

Mudiiay sucks

Trey is the guy I want running the point because he can score, he puts pressure on other pgs to guard him or foul him.

I don’t think anyone cares who is the point guard. You got this notion that Frank needs to be Steph curry or Kyrie Irving? Frank is not. Curry was a three year college player and then needed 3 or so seasons to get strong and stop being injured. Frank just turned 20. Frank is the same age as Kyrie was when he came into the league. I don’t know if your on London time or something but Fiz Keeps saying he don’t care about pg’s or Sg’s, but you seemingly do. what’s my middle name again?

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
10/5/2018  9:16 AM
Nalod wrote:
Ira wrote:The team is better when Frank is in the game. Granted he doesn't break down the defense enough, but he's learning - and his defense gives the team a big boost.

Two preseason games and you got “Not enough”? For who? A contending team? Knicks might be a bottom 10 team. Coach says he don’t care about positions, so why should you?

2 preseason games and you are anointing him? Frank will get plenty of time this season to show us what he has. How about people just stop with the gloating, the I told you so and the leaping to definitive conclusions after every good or bad game he has?

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/5/2018  10:11 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Mudiiay sucks

Trey is only fun to watch on offense, guards trap him on pick n rolls all too often and blow by him all too often.
Honestly, I dont think he's going to be starting PG on opening night. Unless of course you feel Trae Young can never get hot.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
StarksEwing1

10/5/2018  10:16 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Mudiiay sucks

Trey is only fun to watch on offense, guards trap him on pick n rolls all too often and blow by him all too often.
Honestly, I dont think he's going to be starting PG on opening night. Unless of course you feel Trae Young can never get hot.

Trey is an offensive player which is fine but you are right that shouldnt just put him over the top. Ive said no matter who starts Frank is gonna get the important minutes down the stretch just for his defense alone. And especially now that he is showing more offense its gonna make him more impactful on both ends
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/5/2018  10:53 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Mudiiay sucks

all of what you say is true, but one can make the case Trey should start but not finish games. His job would be to set an aggressive O tone coming out of the gate, pushing the ball, perhaps draw fouls etc. As soon as he starts looking net negative sit him down.

Personally I'm a Frank fan because I think he plays winning basketball. If he ever learns how to consistently abuse smaller guards on offense (even if not flashy) he is going to make a lot of people on this board look foolish.

(5)(5)
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/5/2018  10:57 AM
Thank you, Phil.
Nalod
USA
10/5/2018  11:09 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:

2 preseason games and you are anointing him? Frank will get plenty of time this season to show us what he has. How about people just stop with the gloating, the I told you so and the leaping to definitive conclusions after every good or bad game he has?

Its the "Dennis Rodman" theory. Dennis offensively was not that great. There was sometimes a sequence where he would dominate on both ends by rebounding, blocking shot, disrupting lanes/passes, or run the floor on break. While not a PF under the basket Frank has shown small glimpses into that kind of "other things" in a game that can turn a game or put it away. So when some fans like myself get their backs up the "he don't break down the defense with dribble", or "Push the ball up ENOUGH" those are small things I can agree with but are not career defining.
For his age what he did in his rookie year was great but under appreciated by some.
Im promoting his intangibles and like we all do root that his offensive game keeps getting polished.
But to say he will "Never" and any aspect of his game at age 20 is comical.
At age 26 that's a different story.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/5/2018  11:37 AM
Chandler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Mudiiay sucks

all of what you say is true, but one can make the case Trey should start but not finish games. His job would be to set an aggressive O tone coming out of the gate, pushing the ball, perhaps draw fouls etc. As soon as he starts looking net negative sit him down.

Personally I'm a Frank fan because I think he plays winning basketball. If he ever learns how to consistently abuse smaller guards on offense (even if not flashy) he is going to make a lot of people on this board look foolish.

Not a bad idea, start him but with a quick hook. If the opposing PG is starting to get hot, sub Frank in for substantial mins

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/5/2018  12:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/5/2018  12:20 PM
Nalod wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Its the "Dennis Rodman" theory. Dennis offensively was not that great. There was sometimes a sequence where he would dominate on both ends by rebounding, blocking shot, disrupting lanes/passes, or run the floor on break.While not a PF under the basket Frank has shown small glimpses into that kind of "other things" in a game that can turn a game or put it away. So when some fans like myself get their backs up the "he don't break down the defense with dribble", or "Push the ball up ENOUGH" those are small things I can agree with but are not career defining.
For his age what he did in his rookie year was great but under appreciated by some.
Im promoting his intangibles and like we all do root that his offensive game keeps getting polished.

Bulls had the GOAT, another HOFer as his wing man, elite 3pt shooters, to pick up the slack. Same deal with Fisher in LA.

Frank running plays, not chipping in much offensively is something I dont believe the starting unit can afford. You run into the same problem on offense. 4 on 5 most of the time. Why is the prospect of Frank being a role player so undigestible to some?

Not saying that Frank will never be a starter. I see too much of a rush by some to say he's ready. Im guessing Fizdale is waiting on Frank to start stringing together some good games offensively, before considering starting him in the regular season. Too many vets ahead of him as well.

StarksEwing1

10/5/2018  12:45 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Its the "Dennis Rodman" theory. Dennis offensively was not that great. There was sometimes a sequence where he would dominate on both ends by rebounding, blocking shot, disrupting lanes/passes, or run the floor on break.While not a PF under the basket Frank has shown small glimpses into that kind of "other things" in a game that can turn a game or put it away. So when some fans like myself get their backs up the "he don't break down the defense with dribble", or "Push the ball up ENOUGH" those are small things I can agree with but are not career defining.

Bulls had the GOAT, another HOFer as his wing man, elite 3pt shooters, to pick up the slack. Same deal with Fisher in LA.

Frank running plays, not chipping in much offensively is something I dont believe the starting unit can afford. You run into the same problem on offense. 4 on 5 most of the time. Why is the prospect of Frank being a role player so undigestible to some?

Not saying that Frank will never be a starter. I see too much of a rush by some to say he's ready. Im guessing Fizdale is waiting on Frank to start stringing together some good games offensively, before considering starting him in the regular season. Too many vets ahead of him as well.

i never got the sense that fizdale was hesitant. I think he simply gave trey and mudiay the first crack. I believe he is switching things up tonight
GustavBahler

10/5/2018  1:02 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:

i never got the sense that fizdale was hesitant. I think he simply gave trey and mudiay the first crack. I believe he is switching things up tonight

"hesitant" is your characterization of Fizdale's emotional state, not mine.

StarksEwing1

10/5/2018  1:09 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:

My bad i shouldnt have used that word since you didnt say it, my apologies. Like i have mentioned before you have made fair points about franks offense. But he definetly looks different. More aggresive,using his size,and not passing up shots. Also he just turned 20 so i didnt expect him to be a starter right off the bat. I dont want to jump the gun but i think he will be more than a role player when all is set and done
GustavBahler

10/5/2018  1:19 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:

My bad i shouldnt have used that word since you didnt say it, my apologies. Like i have mentioned before you have made fair points about franks offense. But he definetly looks different. More aggresive,using his size,and not passing up shots. Also he just turned 20 so i didnt expect him to be a starter right off the bat. I dont want to jump the gun but i think he will be more than a role player when all is set and done

NP. Frank does look different. Physically, and his game has improved. Dont believe it has improved to the point where I can make a prediction because we havent seen him do it night in and night out. Should have a good idea in the coming weeks, months.

Until we see a larger sample size, I can only say that its clear that Frank put in the work over the summer. Hope it pays dividends.

Playing with a chip on his shoulder will go a long way to getting there.

Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy