Member: #520
3/11/2020  7:19 AM
I love this thread.
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/11/2020  8:01 AM
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

3/11/2020  8:01 AM
Nalod wrote:Youngest knick to register a double-double. Progress is not always linear. His game thru the season has improved. This was what we had hoped to see last season.

The team was night and day better with Frank on the floor last night.
He looked like a true lottery pick!!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/11/2020  8:08 AM
But seriously Frank post allstar break(7gms)shooting 49-40-88. And for all of Feb & March so far(13gms) he is shooting 47-36-84.

His driving layup finishing through contact over 2 defenders brought tears to my eyes. Hope to continue to see him grow.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/11/2020  8:30 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:Youngest knick to register a double-double. Progress is not always linear. His game thru the season has improved. This was what we had hoped to see last season.

I have been watching the knicks since the 80's and Frank is the youngest player to have ever been drafted by the knicks.

He just needs to be consistent, like do that again for the next 5 games, and win.

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/11/2020  9:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/11/2020  9:02 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

I have been watching the knicks since the 80's and Frank is the youngest player to have ever been drafted by the knicks.

He just needs to be consistent, like do that again for the next 5 games, and win.

Its a process and winning is a consequence.
This team needs more that one or 2 prospects to morph in NBA level players to win.
Winning will come in due time and it still a long way to get there.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
JesseDark
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #467
3/11/2020  9:06 AM
Frank pops 20 point cherry! Film at 11.

I am glad for him. The player who was 2 years away from being 2 years away may finally may be coming around.

Bring back dee-fense
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/11/2020  10:01 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

sorry Mr. "We should trade Frank for 2nd round pick asap"
You dont get to post in this thread until you have actually sucked it. Maybe you missed the title...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
3/11/2020  10:03 AM
JesseDark wrote:Frank pops 20 point cherry! Film at 11.

I am glad for him. The player who was 2 years away from being 2 years away may finally may be coming around.

He was a baby. He should be tearing up the NCAA in his junior season but he's a Knick and has been showing positive signs all year. Last night was a great view into what the guys who drafted him saw. This is what patience looks like
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/11/2020  10:11 AM
JesseDark wrote:Frank pops 20 point cherry! Film at 11.

At the age of 21.

fishmike
USA
3/11/2020  10:43 AM

courtesy of posting and toasting crew

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/11/2020  10:48 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Because you watch games since the 1980's and touting this as a credential has nothing to do with a single element of validity other than demonstrating a 40 year inability to digest an understanding of what your watching.

MS
Member: #724
3/11/2020  11:17 AM
I think that most of us all like Frank, but every time he flashes potential like this he goes back to being timid the very next game.

That being said he's someone I would like to lock up under a reasonable contract if they can get it done this off season. He's just a good character team guy and hopefully he will figure out if he keeps his head up and attacks there are 12-14pts for him every game.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/11/2020  11:50 AM
I think they gave Frank a bionic groin. We've seen flashes from Frank before, and right now it is just a flash. Whats different about this most recent flash are a couple of things.

Frank is hitting the gaps in the defense as soon as he gets the ball. He isnt dribbling out at the perimeter, trying to figure out what to do. Little to no hesitation.

This is the first game as a pro that Frank really looked like he wasnt afraid of contact. He finished after contact. Believe its been more mental than conditioning. Its encouraging to see Frank finally playing that way.

Agree with what MS said about Frank being a good character player. As long as we dont put all our eggs in the Frank as the PG of the future, basket. I wouldnt mind bringing him back either, if the price is right.

fishmike
USA
3/11/2020  12:56 PM
GustavBahler wrote:I think they gave Frank a bionic groin. We've seen flashes from Frank before, and right now it is just a flash. Whats different about this most recent flash are a couple of things.

Frank is hitting the gaps in the defense as soon as he gets the ball. He isnt dribbling out at the perimeter, trying to figure out what to do. Little to no hesitation.

This is the first game as a pro that Frank really looked like he wasnt afraid of contact. He finished after contact. Believe its been more mental than conditioning. Its encouraging to see Frank finally playing that way.

Agree with what MS said about Frank being a good character player. As long as we dont put all our eggs in the Frank as the PG of the future, basket. I wouldnt mind bringing him back either, if the price is right.

Marcus Smart in year 4 was averaging 10ppg/4asst coming off the bench and shooting 37% overall and 30% from downtown.
Signed 4-yr/$52MM contract on Thursday, July 19, 2018

So who knows... maybe Frank is our Marcus Smart. Maybe he's a 15/10 guy and starter next year and is the best defensive PG in the league. Time will tell. I continue to like what I see from him and his attitude. Considering all the BS that has gone down in his 3 years here all he does is show up and play hard and keep learning.

Chandler
Member: #6197

3/11/2020  1:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/11/2020  1:25 PM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I think they gave Frank a bionic groin. We've seen flashes from Frank before, and right now it is just a flash. Whats different about this most recent flash are a couple of things.

Marcus Smart in year 4 was averaging 10ppg/4asst coming off the bench and shooting 37% overall and 30% from downtown.
Signed 4-yr/$52MM contract on Thursday, July 19, 2018

So who knows... maybe Frank is our Marcus Smart. Maybe he's a 15/10 guy and starter next year and is the best defensive PG in the league. Time will tell. I continue to like what I see from him and his attitude. Considering all the BS that has gone down in his 3 years here all he does is show up and play hard and keep learning.

let's not discount how horrible Fizzdale and this FO have been to Frank's development too. Fizz wanted to mold all of his players into whatever version of Wade Lebron or Bosh instead of working with what was in front of him. His game regressed on his watch bc Fizz was demanding/expecting Frank to turn into some electric player on offense overnight -- that's not who he is

FO did everything possible to undermine his confidence starting with Mudiay (?!? -- lucky to even get on the floor with Jazz though noticeably lighter) then DSJ then Payton. the entire crew should be put in stockades in front of MSG so people can throw garbage at them and call them names

Miller has been more patient and there are an accumulation of baby steps leading to real growth which we are witnessing. He's not just hitting gaps quicker. He is trying to throw it down over Dwight Howard (granted not the best idea, but love the change in attitude)

p.s.,

coaching staff needs to remind him he's from France: where's the eurostep? and work on your flopping too!

(5)(5)
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/11/2020  3:11 PM
Chandler wrote:

let's not discount how horrible Fizzdale and this FO have been to Frank's development too. Fizz wanted to mold all of his players into whatever version of Wade Lebron or Bosh instead of working with what was in front of him. His game regressed on his watch bc Fizz was demanding/expecting Frank to turn into some electric player on offense overnight -- that's not who he is

FO did everything possible to undermine his confidence starting with Mudiay (?!? -- lucky to even get on the floor with Jazz though noticeably lighter) then DSJ then Payton. the entire crew should be put in stockades in front of MSG so people can throw garbage at them and call them names

Miller has been more patient and there are an accumulation of baby steps leading to real growth which we are witnessing. He's not just hitting gaps quicker. He is trying to throw it down over Dwight Howard (granted not the best idea, but love the change in attitude)

p.s.,

coaching staff needs to remind him he's from France: where's the eurostep? and work on your flopping too!

How's this for a Euro move for ya?

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/11/2020  4:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/11/2020  4:04 PM
Panos wrote:
Chandler wrote:

p.s.,

some fancy footwork right there. who does it remind me of? funny you should ask. that move right there reminds me of the dreamshake by Hakeem. minus the spin cycle the Dream had at the end
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/11/2020  4:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/11/2020  4:07 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
Panos wrote:
Chandler wrote:

p.s.,

some fancy footwork right there. who does it remind me of? funny you should ask. that move right there reminds me of the dreamshake by Hakeem. minus the spin cycle the Dream had at the end

Frank put that fool on spin cycle.

Why do I keep hearing Breen saying "Oh Snap" at the end?

93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
3/16/2020  4:51 PM
Bonjour!!!

NYKBocker wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
Panos wrote:
Chandler wrote:

p.s.,

Frank put that fool on spin cycle.

Why do I keep hearing Breen saying "Oh Snap" at the end?

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy