Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/22/2018  9:39 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Fiz needs to give Frank the green light to shoot whenever he gets the ball like with Knox. Do that and he'll be fine

I think he has it.

Of course he has, frank said it himself, "the coach wants me to more aggressive"

Some of you keep saying he's getting better, but his numbers from his first 3 games last yr are slightly better, he actually took more shots and played less minutes, shot a higher percentage. As of today he is shooting 34%, 27% on 3's and has still not taking a FT..

That is considered a major liability on offense

gotta be a little fair its only 3 games. Plus of course you dont mention the net game where his offense got us back in the game in the 3rd quarter. Fiz admitted he put the ball in his hands which he needs to do more

his lack off offense is what put us behind

I would take trae youngs (same age as frank) 35 pts and 11 ast over franks decent defense,5 points and 2 steals.

If Dotson comes in and does his thing along with trier, eventually you,re going to have to reduce franks minutes.

Fiz is all about earning your role. You need to stopped with giving him excuse for his horrible offense just like you don't give morio excuses for being a suspect defender

ES
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/22/2018  10:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2018  10:21 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Fiz needs to give Frank the green light to shoot whenever he gets the ball like with Knox. Do that and he'll be fine

I think he has it.

Of course he has, frank said it himself, "the coach wants me to more aggressive"

Some of you keep saying he's getting better, but his numbers from his first 3 games last yr are slightly better, he actually took more shots and played less minutes, shot a higher percentage. As of today he is shooting 34%, 27% on 3's and has still not taking a FT..

gotta be a little fair its only 3 games. Plus of course you dont mention the net game where his offense got us back in the game in the 3rd quarter. Fiz admitted he put the ball in his hands which he needs to do more

I would take trae youngs (same age as frank) 35 pts and 11 ast over franks decent defense,5 points and 2 steals.

If Dotson comes in and does his thing along with trier, eventually you,re going to have to reduce franks minutes.

Fiz is all about earning your role. You need to stopped with giving him excuse for his horrible offense just like you don't give morio excuses for being a suspect defender

Look we know you are only interested in purely offensive players who cant defend BUT Trae Young and DSJ are not here so GET OVER IT. We have a kid who busts his ass making strides on offense whe being a important piece for our future. As much as you try and diminish him BOTH Scott Perry and Fizdale see him as a important player for the long-term. For the last time just admit you arent a fan of the kid. You arent fooling anybody. I would respect you more if you were honest
StarksEwing1

10/22/2018  10:05 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think he has it.

Do you have his stats/percentages on results on drives to baskets before making such stupid comments? Eye test says that almost always this season whenever he drove to basket he scored. Is it his fault that he was able to finish without contact? Is it his fault that his arms are so long there's no chance of his defender blocking him on drives to baskets?

Similarly if he's taking a wide open jump shot, how do you expect him to get fouled and take a FT?
I think he has missed on drives to baskets once or twice in the 3 games and never been fouled on a jump shot.

And scored much more than that. You are being exposed as having an agenda, rather than looking at actually whats happening on the court or looking at only box score vs advanced basketball stats.

At the moment, Frank is not taking as many shots as we would all like for him to take. At the moment we have played less than 4% of the season so lots of time for improvement. And this is his second year at 20 years old.

Excellent Post. Any fan with common sense would agree, unfortunately knicks 1248 is well....
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/22/2018  10:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2018  10:12 AM
knicks1248 wrote:his lack of offense is what put us behind

This pretty much shows how much you know about basketball or actually follow games. The reason why Trae was able to manage that against Cleveland is because he was playing against Sexton and Hood, both of whom have pretty much done nothing this season on defense.

Butler torched Cleveland for 33 points on 10 of 12 shooting. Lowry torched them for 27 points on 10 of 12 shooting as well.
So Trae going 13 of 23 is actually well below that percentage before you go ahead and anoint him the next Steph Curry.

Tatum score 8 of 15 against Knicks. Against Frank 1 of 3. Against Dotson 0 of 2.

Burke is our problem here, not Frank. If we promote Trier to the starting lineup, that gives us the best balance on O and D. Burke really tried in the 2nd quarter against Atlanta on D. Since then, it's been generally downhill. He's just incapable. If Burke was lighting it up on O like Trier has been, then your argument would have some merit.

Fiz is all about earning your role and what exactly has Burke done to earn that starting PG spot. At the moment, Burke has 1 good shooting game...against Kyrie, also known to be bad on D. And yet Fiz continues to play Frank to balance out the lack of real D by Hardaway or Burke. So far Timmy has found himself in a hot shooting start and being able to stay in front of someone bulldozing to the basket for a charge a few times. But stopping anyone from driving to the basket, no.

Did you or did you not hear Fiz talk about establishing D as the identity of the Knicks? If you believe him so much, believe THAT and I wouldn't be surprised if Frank earned first team or 2nd team all D honors this season.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/22/2018  10:29 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think he has it.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/22/2018  10:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2018  10:44 AM
Cartman718 wrote:

This pretty much shows how much you know about basketball or actually follow games. The reason why Trae was able to manage that against Cleveland is because he was playing against Sexton and Hood, both of whom have pretty much done nothing this season on defense.

Butler torched Cleveland for 33 points on 10 of 12 shooting. Lowry torched them for 27 points on 10 of 12 shooting as well.
So Trae going 13 of 23 is actually well below that percentage before you go ahead and anoint him the next Steph Curry.

Tatum score 8 of 15 against Knicks. Against Frank 1 of 3. Against Dotson 0 of 2.

Burke is our problem here, not Frank. If we promote Trier to the starting lineup, that gives us the best balance on O and D. Burke really tried in the 2nd quarter against Atlanta on D. Since then, it's been generally downhill. He's just incapable. If Burke was lighting it up on O like Trier has been, then your argument would have some merit.

Fiz is all about earning your role and what exactly has Burke done to earn that starting PG spot. At the moment, Burke has 1 good shooting game...against Kyrie, also known to be bad on D. And yet Fiz continues to play Frank to balance out the lack of real D by Hardaway or Burke. So far Timmy has found himself in a hot shooting start and being able to stay in front of someone bulldozing to the basket for a charge a few times. But stopping anyone from driving to the basket, no.

Did you or did you not hear Fiz talk about establishing D as the identity of the Knicks? If you believe him so much, believe THAT and I wouldn't be surprised if Frank earned first team or 2nd team all D honors this season.

Rainman1248: You can't take Trae Young. He was drafted 5th. Can't take him over any knick. You only get to discuss who was on the table when the knicks drafted.

Rainman1248 can find one anecdotal quote and run with it as evidence. Draymonds defense is his strongest trait and GSW defense is the catalyst of the great offense they run. PHX under was not a great defensive team but has to be good enough to create transition and do so at the high rate they did. Miami did not win with Lebron until they bought into a defense identity which was using speed to its advantage closing passing lanes and in the switch. Good defense is not smash mouth as it was in the 1990's.
Draymond speaks to the rules which really prevents locking down players. Frank won't STOP players on his own but it very much adds up.

And yes, outscoring your opponent is paramount! Defense is part of it. Its Phuching basketball for goodness sake, of course it is!

StarksEwing1

10/22/2018  10:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2018  10:52 AM
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Rainman1248 can find one anecdotal quote and run with it as evidence. Draymonds defense is his strongest trait and GSW defense is the catalyst of the great offense they run. PHX under was not a great defensive team but has to be good enough to create transition and do so at the high rate they did. Miami did not win with Lebron until they bought into a defense identity which was using speed to its advantage closing passing lanes and in the switch. Good defense is not smash mouth as it was in the 1990's.
Draymond speaks to the rules which really prevents locking down players. Frank won't STOP players on his own but it very much adds up.

And yes, outscoring your opponent is paramount! Defense is part of it. Its Phuching basketball for goodness sake, of course it is!

Exactly. Yes you need to score but you arent winning if you just have offensive players who cant defend. I mean if you look at the teams who have won(mostly lebron or golden state) they have both. As great as of a scorer as lebron and draymond are its really their defense that makes their team get to the title. Not saying Frank will ever have their offense but I do think he is taking steps to eventually chip in more offensively while bringing top notch defense. I mean watching trae young on defense is the equivalent to a traffic cone defending. His offense doesnt outweigh that.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/22/2018  10:57 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think he has it.

Its fair criticism from 1248, if its to counter the notion that Frank is guaranteed to become more than a role player. Unfair, if its a criticism of Frank as a role player.

As a role player he does a lot of things well. I dont see anything certain as far as Frank's ceiling, either way. Maybe thats why Frank can be frustrating to watch at times. Shows glimpses during games.

As I said in the gamethread, in the NBA, you have to want to be the man to play PG, I dont see that yet from Frank. Usually thats there already.

Still very early, Im sure 1248 would agree the Frank has plenty of time this season to become better at sustaining a certain level of aggression, offensively. Does that and he's at least a borderline all-star, depending on how much he improves.

StarksEwing1

10/22/2018  11:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2018  11:02 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think he has it.

Its fair criticism from 1248, if its to counter the notion that Frank is guaranteed to become more than a role player. Unfair, if its a criticism of Frank as a role player.

As a role player he does a lot of things well. I dont see anything certain as far as Frank's ceiling, either way. Maybe thats why Frank can be frustrating to watch at times. Shows glimpses during games.

As I said in the gamethread, in the NBA, you have to want to be the man to play PG, I dont see that yet from Frank. Usually thats there already.

Still very early, Im sure 1248 would agree the Frank has plenty of time this season to become better at sustaining a certain level of aggression, offensively. Does that and he's at least a borderline all-star, depending on how much he improves.

Fair and Knicks 1248 dont match lol. You are fair and you do cheer for the kid and you also appreciate what he gives them now and hopefully will in the future
BigDaddyG

10/22/2018  11:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2018  11:55 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think he has it.

The league average for scoring last year was about 106 according to bballreference.com. We're averaging a shade under 111, which is good for 9th, I know, only three games. And I realize Frank has to score more. He's showing aggressiveness and I'm encouraged. But to single Frank out as the reason we lost during a period when the entire team was cold seems a bit much. We're clearly scoring enough. We lost those last two games for a number of reasons. Knicks1248 seems to neglect, or just doesn't want to see the one where our overpaid starting SG failed to get key defensive stops at the end of games 2X in row.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
10/22/2018  12:05 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think he has it.

Thanks Gust, they don't criticize frank at all but will kill THJ (doesn't play defense, chucker) Mario(doesn't play defense) Mudiay(sucks) trey(too small can't defend).

I don't have to hate on frank, his play will dictate his minutes and role, that was obvious in the last game. It's just so refreshing that we now have a real coach that won't show favoritism. He will let you play though some of your mistakes, but if your not being aggressive on both ends he will sit you.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/22/2018  12:08 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think he has it.

Thanks Gust, they don't criticize frank at all but will kill THJ (doesn't play defense, chucker) Mario(doesn't play defense) Mudiay(sucks) trey(too small can't defend).

I don't have to hate on frank, his play will dictate his minutes and role, that was obvious in the last game. It's just so refreshing that we now have a real coach that won't show favoritism. He will let you play though some of your mistakes, but if your not being aggressive on both ends he will sit you.

Nobody hates on frank because of his potential.
And nobody has a problem if Fiz sits Frank as part of the learning process. You use words like "Never". WE use words like "Upside".
knicks1248
10/22/2018  12:32 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think he has it.

The league average for scoring last year was about 106 according to bballreference.com. We're averaging a shade under 111, which is good for 9th, I know, only three games. And I realize Frank has to score more. He's showing aggressiveness and I'm encouraged. But to single Frank out as the reason we lost during a period when the entire team was cold seems a bit much. We're clearly scoring enough. We lost those last two games for a number of reasons. Knicks1248 seems to neglect, or just doesn't want to see the one where our overpaid starting SG failed to get key defensive stops at the end of games 2X in row.

This is the bull sht finger pointing I'm talking about, THJ has been carrying the offensive load for lance and frank, and you point out his one play he didn't get a stop on a really good player.

If frank was so good defensively, how come the coach didn't give him that assignment.

It's so stupid to think a die hard knick fan is not pulling for his players. It's frustrating to see a player with his potential, his length, and his abilities not take advantage of it.

The only way your going to get frank to play more aggressive is to take away his minutes if he doesn't, just like you take away minutes from a player who's not defending.

Now if he was getting 4 blocks, 4 steals, 5 deflections, redirecting shots, 7 assist, I wouldn't care if he every shot the ball because his defense is compensating.

ES
BigDaddyG

10/22/2018  12:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think he has it.

This is the bull sht finger pointing I'm talking about, THJ has been carrying the offensive load for lance and frank, and you point out his one play he didn't get a stop on a really good player.

If frank was so good defensively, how come the coach didn't give him that assignment.

It's so stupid to think a die hard knick fan is not pulling for his players. It's frustrating to see a player with his potential, his length, and his abilities not take advantage of it.

The only way your going to get frank to play more aggressive is to take away his minutes if he doesn't, just like you take away minutes from a player who's not defending.

Now if he was getting 4 blocks, 4 steals, 5 deflections, redirecting shots, 7 assist, I wouldn't care if he every shot the ball because his defense is compensating.

knicks1248 wrote:

Simply not true. The entire unit was cold, but you wanted to single out Frank for some reason. But you failed to mention Burke's mediocre play and THJ's slack defense. It wasn't play that THJ didn't get the stop. I'm just highlighting the plays that cost us two games.Yes, Frank needs to improve. But he isn't the sole reason we lost. You harp on our offense, even though we're scoring at decent clip. Just face it, you have Sith level hate when it comes to Frank.
knicks1248
10/22/2018  1:02 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think he has it.

Nobody hates on frank because of his potential.
And nobody has a problem if Fiz sits Frank as part of the learning process. You use words like "Never". WE use words like "Upside".

I only said never to him being a scorer. You have to want to be a scorer, you have to want to prove you can score on anyone. That generally starts on the playground not 5 yrs into him playing professional basketball.

If the coach is given you the green light to launch at will, and your not doing, chances are, the player is not comfortable with that role.

He gave frank thee same freedom to shoot as he gave Knox

ES
knicks1248
10/22/2018  1:21 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think he has it.

knicks1248 wrote:

Simply not true. The entire unit was cold, but you wanted to single out Frank for some reason. But you failed to mention Burke's mediocre play and THJ's slack defense. It wasn't play that THJ didn't get the stop. I'm just highlighting the plays that cost us two games.Yes, Frank needs to improve. But he isn't the sole reason we lost. You harp on our offense, even though we're scoring at decent clip. Just face it, you have Sith level hate when it comes to Frank.

The league avg in scoring was around 106 last season, the pelicans are avg 140 points in their first 2 games, they scored 149 in a regulation game.

Scoring in the NBA is through the roof. We are avg 110 points (which would have been tops last season) this season that's good for 17th (below avg)

The defense will keep you in some games, but lets be honest dude, teams are putting 4 to 5 players on the floor that can knock down threes, hit FT's(the ticky tack fouls are way up) and everyone is playing just as fast as us.

ES
StarksEwing1

10/22/2018  1:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think he has it.

knicks1248 wrote:

The league avg in scoring was around 106 last season, the pelicans are avg 140 points in their first 2 games, they scored 149 in a regulation game.

Scoring in the NBA is through the roof. We are avg 110 points (which would have been tops last season) this season that's good for 17th (below avg)

The defense will keep you in some games, but lets be honest dude, teams are putting 4 to 5 players on the floor that can knock down threes, hit FT's(the ticky tack fouls are way up) and everyone is playing just as fast as us.

again not really true. Obviously we know you are just into offense it that doesn’t get you too far especially in the playoffs.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/22/2018  1:50 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think he has it.

knicks1248 wrote:

Speed is not the answer all the time. Lakers are #1 in possessions per game. Have they won a game? Speed + Control is the answer. and that control sometimes comes from slowing it down and sometimes comes from D

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
StarksEwing1

10/22/2018  2:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2018  2:02 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think he has it.

knicks1248 wrote:

Speed is not the answer all the time. Lakers are #1 in possessions per game. Have they won a game? Speed + Control is the answer. and that control sometimes comes from slowing it down and sometimes comes from D

Exactly. Speed and fast breaks are nice but they don’t mean you win. In fact playing that style is prone to turnovers and lack of defense. You can’t just build a team of purely offensive players. Chicago during the Thibs era is a perfect example. Even though they didn’t win a title they were a consistently good team not because of derrick rose but because they had the defensive players that were cover for his lack of any defense. Draymond Green and Lebron as ive mentioned are just as good defensively as they are offensive along with some other defensive players they have. Now I actually have always been a fan of Timmy. And he at least has improved his defense alot l. I don’t blame him for levert , that was on fiz. Just like the Boston game. Tatum was doing whatever he was anted as was Irving. We got lucky because Irving missed so many shots despite beating Burke and trier.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/22/2018  4:17 PM
I think Tony Wroten can be a huge factor for us!!
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy