PreSeason GameThread: 730pm in Brooklyn
Author Thread
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

10/4/2018  3:58 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:They apparently have to cut a player to keep Trier, wonder who goes?
Trade mudiay for a 2nd round pick?

Not trying to kick Mudiay when he's down, but could we get that for him?

Yeah, he's been a huge disappointment since he arrived. Heck, since he's been in the league. I wanted us to draft him instead of KP. I was thrilled when we traded for him. Now I'm ready to jump off his bandwagon. He has shown zero improvement so far since he arrived.
AUTOADVERT
Welpee

10/4/2018  4:00 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:They apparently have to cut a player to keep Trier, wonder who goes?
For someone picked in the first round less than 5 years in the league? Sure
Noah Vonleh was a 2014 top 10 pick and we picked him up off the scrape heap for nothing.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/4/2018  6:24 AM
Watched the Yankees but saw this morning Luke didn't get any minutes. Was he hurt? He already is a candidate for losing his roster spot.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
10/4/2018  9:15 AM
PURE KNICKS LOVE
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/4/2018  10:16 AM
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Yeah, he's been a huge disappointment since he arrived. Heck, since he's been in the league. I wanted us to draft him instead of KP. I was thrilled when we traded for him. Now I'm ready to jump off his bandwagon. He has shown zero improvement so far since he arrived.
He's just not a good player and with Trier breaking out I would 100% give him Mudiay's spot.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/4/2018  11:38 AM
i am predicting a breakout game from THJr on friday.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/4/2018  11:40 AM
Cartman718 wrote:i am predicting a breakout game from THJr on friday.
You are probably right. Streaky player for sure. I just wish he stopped settling for threes constantly. He is very good at driving to the hoop
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

10/4/2018  11:56 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Begging here but anybody have a link to full replay of game?

Please

Should pop up on nbahdreplay later

THANK YOU

Welpee

10/4/2018  11:57 AM
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

He's just not a good player and with Trier breaking out I would 100% give him Mudiay's spot.
I agree. We aren't even seeing flashes of potential right now.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/4/2018  12:59 PM
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Not a fan of Mudiay...was hoping that he made some adjustments to his game, but...

He is not an aware defender, to put it mildly, even though he has the athletic ability and body to do some of the things Frank is able to do.

He also seems to have lost all of his confidence on the offensive end. It looked like he was developing a 3pt shot in Denver, but he still seems to lack confidence now.

I watched some of his early Denver games, and although his shooting was spotty, he made some great passes in the games I saw.

He might do well in the GL- give him some freedom to build up his confidence, especially on the offensive end.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/4/2018  2:39 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Not a fan of Mudiay...was hoping that he made some adjustments to his game, but...

He is not an aware defender, to put it mildly, even though he has the athletic ability and body to do some of the things Frank is able to do.

He also seems to have lost all of his confidence on the offensive end. It looked like he was developing a 3pt shot in Denver, but he still seems to lack confidence now.

I watched some of his early Denver games, and although his shooting was spotty, he made some great passes in the games I saw.

He might do well in the GL- give him some freedom to build up his confidence, especially on the offensive end.

I think he's toast. Whatever success he had passing as a rookie has been figured out. All the energy it would take to make him ok is better spent on Mitchell, trier, frank, knox even KP. People who want to get better and respond to coaching. Even if Mudiay wants to get better, he does not seem to respond to whatever coaching.

Back to China is my guess

(5)(5)
WaltLongmire

10/4/2018  3:40 PM
Chandler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

I think he's toast. Whatever success he had passing as a rookie has been figured out. All the energy it would take to make him ok is better spent on Mitchell, trier, frank, knox even KP. People who want to get better and respond to coaching. Even if Mudiay wants to get better, he does not seem to respond to whatever coaching.

Had a ton of turnovers early on his first year in Denver, along with many assists, then it seemed like the coach pulled the plug and took away some freedom from him...

I'll be honest, I still don't have a good grasp of what we are trying to do on offense...whether there is method to the madness, but it would seem that Mudiay should have some freedom to do his thing in the Fizdale offense, and so far, he has looked terrible.

I though picking him up was fine- we took a chance with Burke, and look how well he has worked out, but Mudiay seems to be "damaged" at this point, and the damage has nothing to do with his physical health.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Ira
Member: #91
10/4/2018  4:20 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

Please

Thanks for this. I missed the game last night and was able to watch it today.

Chandler

10/4/2018  5:04 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Chandler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Had a ton of turnovers early on his first year in Denver, along with many assists, then it seemed like the coach pulled the plug and took away some freedom from him...

I'll be honest, I still don't have a good grasp of what we are trying to do on offense...whether there is method to the madness, but it would seem that Mudiay should have some freedom to do his thing in the Fizdale offense, and so far, he has looked terrible.

I though picking him up was fine- we took a chance with Burke, and look how well he has worked out, but Mudiay seems to be "damaged" at this point, and the damage has nothing to do with his physical health.

IMO Mudiay was one of those sales jobs that comes out every year and certain teams (usually the notoriously dumb ones) take the bait. Larry Brown talked him up as a #1. Guy had no college and barely any China experience. Then people act surprised. Never understood why we took him

His minutes are better spend investing in Tier, Dotson, et al

Obviously if we keep him I'll cheer him on and support him; Burke too (who i also am skeptical about in a +/- sense)

(5)(5)
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/4/2018  8:38 PM
Chandler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Chandler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

IMO Mudiay was one of those sales jobs that comes out every year and certain teams (usually the notoriously dumb ones) take the bait. Larry Brown talked him up as a #1. Guy had no college and barely any China experience. Then people act surprised. Never understood why we took him

Obviously if we keep him I'll cheer him on and support him; Burke too (who i also am skeptical about in a +/- sense)

We also took Mitchell Robinson with even less experience. Some you win some you lose. (I know one was drafted the other signed ad Mitch hasn't won yet, but the argument stands)

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
WaltLongmire

10/4/2018  10:15 PM
Chandler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Chandler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Yeah...he did get promoted a great deal- was given the coveted "best pure PG designation by many, but he always had his issues though, especially his jumper, and when the Lakers and Philly both passed on him, it really told me I was right in not wanting to pick him, because they both needed PGs at the time.

Should have played in Europe for a couple of years...More discipline and less freewheeling than Chinese basketball. They would not have given him a ton of minutes his first year, I assume, but he might have received better coaching.

In the clips I saw, the Chinese league was a fun league to watch, but more like garbage time back and forth BB.

Whatever happens with him on the Knicks, at this point, unless he's looked good in practice, even if we keep him, he won't be getting much time on the floor.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/4/2018  10:27 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Chandler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Chandler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Yeah...he did get promoted a great deal- was given the coveted "best pure PG designation by many, but he always had his issues though, especially his jumper, and when the Lakers and Philly both passed on him, it really told me I was right in not wanting to pick him, because they both needed PGs at the time.

Should have played in Europe for a couple of years...More discipline and less freewheeling than Chinese basketball. They would not have given him a ton of minutes his first year, I assume, but he might have received better coaching.

In the clips I saw, the Chinese league was a fun league to watch, but more like garbage time back and forth BB.

Whatever happens with him on the Knicks, at this point, unless he's looked good in practice, even if we keep him, he won't be getting much time on the floor.

He and Mario looked really bad last night but Fiz praised Mudiay during training camp. My guess is he gets the preseason to prove himself.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Cartman718

10/5/2018  10:26 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Please

THANK YOU

Ira wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Please

Thanks for this. I missed the game last night and was able to watch it today.

No problemo amigos, glad to help!

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

10/5/2018  10:29 AM
CrushAlot wrote:He and Mario looked really bad last night but Fiz praised Mudiay during training camp. My guess is he gets the preseason to prove himself.

Not worried about super mario so much. Guy doesn't lack confidence in himself and is a pro. He knows it's make or break season and that Knox is quite willing to step into starting SF role.

Chandler

10/5/2018  10:46 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Chandler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Chandler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

He and Mario looked really bad last night but Fiz praised Mudiay during training camp. My guess is he gets the preseason to prove himself.

In the age of a salary cap, we should find the best talent scouts and pay them whatever they want. I have been critical of Mill/Perry and still am skeptical but the other day I at least heard some things about Perry that gave me some hope. In short, it was something to the effect that he thought Knox and Trier would do better in NBA because they would have more space and that would play to those players' skillsets more.

It's that kind of insight (hope there's more of it) that can turn a franchise for the better, or the lack thereof which creates Sac. Kings.

Having said that, I have no idea how they're expecting to transform Mudiay and Hezonja at this point. And as I said, all of that energy and time (which would definitely be needed as those players aren't figuring it out on their own) might be better spent on the young guys. You transform Mudiay and Hezonja you're just inviting BS. One year of decent play and then they want to get paid.

(5)(5)
PreSeason GameThread: 730pm in Brooklyn

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy