AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/28/2018  8:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Wonna go pay some doh...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
9/29/2018  5:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/29/2018  5:47 AM
Knicks want him to give back more money and he is not having it. The issue though is the players' union is probably not going to let the Knicks just keep him away from the team. If he is not hurt and has done nothing wrong, then the players' union is going to make an issue of it. This should get resolved soon.
Trust the Process
EthanHarris
Member: #8682

9/29/2018  6:42 AM
TheGame wrote:Knicks want him to give back more money and he is not having it. The issue though is the players' union is probably not going to let the Knicks just keep him away from the team. If he is not hurt and has done nothing wrong, then the players' union is going to make an issue of it. This should get resolved soon.

You are right, the players' union is also a very big party here..

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/29/2018  10:11 AM
EthanHarris wrote:
TheGame wrote:Knicks want him to give back more money and he is not having it. The issue though is the players' union is probably not going to let the Knicks just keep him away from the team. If he is not hurt and has done nothing wrong, then the players' union is going to make an issue of it. This should get resolved soon.

You are right, the players' union is also a very big party here..

Noah is such a scumbag give back the league min for this and next year and be done with it. You made 67 million for a being a PED abusing, injured ,waste of a roster space. Go to hell
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

9/29/2018  10:16 AM
Think he was talking to Phil Jackson not the Knicks. Rumor is Phil has him trapped in Montana just in case he gets another chance to revive the Triangle. I mean, Noah is the perfect Triangle guy right?

Some may be shocked, but I say let him play in Dleague and bring him up if he plays well. May bring up his value? It can't get any lower. Which is about as high as the above referenced Triangle.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/29/2018  10:59 AM
Used to be such a huge fan. Hasnt been a stand up guy for a few seasons now.

Got into beefs with his last 2 coaches, took the money, took the peds, and tried to take the crown from Marbury for the worst coming home ever. Good riddance.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/29/2018  11:07 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Used to be such a huge fan. Hasnt been a stand up guy for a few seasons now.

Got into beefs with his last 2 coaches, took the money, took the peds, and tried to take the crown from Marbury for the worst coming home ever. Good riddance.

Agreed. I hated the deal from Day 1 BUT he used to be a player that actually gave a damn about playing hard
Welpee
Member: #6239

9/29/2018  12:19 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Used to be such a huge fan. Hasnt been a stand up guy for a few seasons now.

Agreed. I hated the deal from Day 1 BUT he used to be a player that actually gave a damn about playing hard
I was on board at the time but folks are right, this may be the worst free agent signing in Knicks history. A lot of people said it at the time and they were right.
Welpee

9/29/2018  12:29 PM
Agreed. It should be more about compromise than trying to stick the Knicks up for every dime owed out of spite. But if the union gets involved the Knicks probably have very little leverage and Noah will probably get all of his money and his freedom.

At the end of the day this is a business and if the roles were reversed the Knicks would do what's in the best interest of the organization. So I can't really fault Noah for doing the same. HOWEVER...Noah was the one who sold himself to us and didn't deliver. Have some integrity. It's not like the Knicks are asking him to give back half the money owed.

I've lost so much respect for this dude.

StarksEwing1

9/29/2018  1:36 PM
Welpee wrote:
Agreed. It should be more about compromise than trying to stick the Knicks up for every dime owed out of spite. But if the union gets involved the Knicks probably have very little leverage and Noah will probably get all of his money and his freedom.

At the end of the day this is a business and if the roles were reversed the Knicks would do what's in the best interest of the organization. So I can't really fault Noah for doing the same. HOWEVER...Noah was the one who sold himself to us and didn't deliver. Have some integrity. It's not like the Knicks are asking him to give back half the money owed.

I've lost so much respect for this dude.

True but if noah was honest with himself he would know he doesnt deserve all that money with how he played and his overall attitude. He cant blame the Knicks for his suspension and things like that
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/29/2018  2:02 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I think he still gives a damn, but the body isn't willing. But he needs to go. I just wished Noah's team and the Knicks organization had waited until the was close to being done before leaking it to the media.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
9/29/2018  3:08 PM
Pure idiocy giving this guy FOUR guaranteed years. This is not hindsight. He was on the decline, everyone knew it, and injured. It was just short Eddy Curry trade level stupid.
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
9/30/2018  7:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/30/2018  7:53 AM

There should be no problem in letting him mix it up with the Westchester Knicks. If he won't give up money we are under no obligation to release him. Ideally I don't want to be paying any of his salary to the cap in the future when we will have KP still in his prime and Knox and Frank with a few years under their belt and we are looking for a piece or 2 to put us in playoff contention at least. As far as his post, the dude is free to leave whenever he wants, he just has to give up on having money he didn't earn. No sympathy there.

Welpee

9/30/2018  7:56 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:

There should be no problem in letting him mix it up with the Westchester Knicks. If he won't give up money we are under no obligation to release him. Ideally I don't want to be paying any of his salary to the cap in the future when we will have KP still in his prime and Knox and Frank with a few years under their belt and we are looking for a piece or 2 to put us in playoff contention at least.

I don't want him bringing negative energy to Westchester while we're trying to develop young players. Now, I assume we're under no obligation to activate him to play if he's on the roster.

Unless the player's union gets involved he has a choice: 1) get all his money and sit; or 2) work with the Knicks and leave some money on the table to get freed up to play and make up the money with his new team (Minnesota).

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
9/30/2018  8:00 AM
Welpee wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:

There should be no problem in letting him mix it up with the Westchester Knicks. If he won't give up money we are under no obligation to release him. Ideally I don't want to be paying any of his salary to the cap in the future when we will have KP still in his prime and Knox and Frank with a few years under their belt and we are looking for a piece or 2 to put us in playoff contention at least.

I don't want him bringing negative energy to Westchester while we're trying to develop young players. Now, I assume we're under no obligation to activate him to play if he's on the roster.

Unless the player's union gets involved he has a choice: 1) get all his money and sit; or 2) work with the Knicks and leave some money on the table to get freed up to play and make up the money with his new team (Minnesota).

Well if we keep him around and never play him, I'm sure he'll blow up again and we could then justifiably keep him away from the team or suspend him. When the chips are down he seems like a real jackass.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

9/30/2018  8:04 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

A guy who gave a damn about playing hard, becomes a money grabbing drug addict upon becoming a Knick? And I get that it's all we can do to dump on him, but do you think the Knicks have any accountability in this?
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

9/30/2018  8:09 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:
Welpee wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:

Well if we keep him around and never play him, I'm sure he'll blow up again and we could then justifiably keep him away from the team or suspend him. When the chips are down he seems like a real jackass.

This is actually one of the saddest things I have seen someone post here. You are actually suggesting we goad this guy into failing in his life again.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/30/2018  8:54 AM
Can we send him to the G League? Maybe riding around on buses and being put up in shared hotel rooms will get him to give back some salary.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
StarksEwing1

9/30/2018  9:04 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

A guy who gave a damn about playing hard, becomes a money grabbing drug addict upon becoming a Knick? And I get that it's all we can do to dump on him, but do you think the Knicks have any accountability in this?
Never said the Knicks are not accountable BUT Noah has done nothing to deserve any sympathy....thats for damn sure. I mean i admit i was never a Melo fan but he handled the whole "divorce" pretty professionaly
Noah instagram

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy