Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/10/2018  4:24 PM
Panos wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

This is Isiah Thomas level circus ****.

Familiar names.... familiar culture...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/10/2018  4:28 PM
Can’t believe the Twolves would consider Eric Gordon and tucker from the rockets...
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/10/2018  4:37 PM
Damn, why are they putting up with that BS..
ES
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/10/2018  5:41 PM
To add to what the Craptor fan said:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24950981/jimmy-butler-heated-practice-timberwolves%3fplatform=amp

Basically Jimmy took the worst players on his team and went up against the best, besides him. He whiped the floor of them and talked trash about how the Wolves need him in order to be good. He’s essentially right but just being a loudmouthed and unhumbled douchebag about it.

Not sure wbat to make of this. It’s not like this is Marbury or even Melo. Just losing players. This is a player that makes his team much better.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/10/2018  5:45 PM
Send them THJR and Lee and a second rounder for Butler, throw in Lance Thomas if needed. Can that really be worse than Eric Gordon and Tucker? Would that work cap wise?
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
smackeddog
10/10/2018  5:50 PM
No way the Twolves send him to another team in the west after that- he’d whoop their ass 4 times a year and smack them out if they ever made the playoffs.
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
10/10/2018  6:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2018  6:30 PM
Reminds me of another Jimmy:

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/11/2018  12:27 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:To add to what the Craptor fan said:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24950981/jimmy-butler-heated-practice-timberwolves%3fplatform=amp

Basically Jimmy took the worst players on his team and went up against the best, besides him. He whiped the floor of them and talked trash about how the Wolves need him in order to be good. He’s essentially right but just being a loudmouthed and unhumbled douchebag about it.

Not sure wbat to make of this. It’s not like this is Marbury or even Melo. Just losing players. This is a player that makes his team much better.

the guy plays best w a chip on his shoulder and it's a BIG chip right now. too cool for school wiggins got paid; not sure about the depth of his beef with Towns but upset with him too (new mega millionaire)

So rather than just talk (too much and too public IMO) he whips their butt. This is exactly the kind of competitiveness a team needs. Having said that the attitude is too much; he's too old for our timeline etc. But some team will benefit and it won't be the wolves

(5)(5)
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/11/2018  1:14 PM
If we could get Jimmy Butler for like Lee and Trier, I would probably do it. With Butler on the team, we will probably make the playoffs, which would help bring another superstar next summer. The only thing I would not give up is that first round pick.
Trust the Process
MS
Member: #724
10/11/2018  2:31 PM
Look.

You call the Timberwolves, your offer is Lance Thomas (7.5MM), Lee (12.7MM) and first round pick. Those are their salaries in 19/20. The team just drafted three players that can make the rotation to go along with Frank and KP, you have the youth you need. You either keep Butler or you flip him at the deadline. Either way you have just cleared 20MM in salary on two older players that aren't in the future plans. We need one dog on this team to make the young guys fighters.

Frank/Burke
THJR/Dotson
Butler
Knox
Kanter/Robinson

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/11/2018  2:55 PM
First off unless Jimmy resign you don't touch him.
Jimmy hurts his knee, KP don't return or is highly regulated and we finish bottom 5 and you gave up Zion for Jimmy the team gonna have a problem.

This "Jimmy bring a star with him" don't fly with me. Not sure who really likes him or not.
But I don't give up picks unless Jimmy is the final piece that gets me perhaps over the hump.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/11/2018  2:59 PM
smackeddog wrote:Can’t believe the Twolves would consider Eric Gordon and tucker from the rockets...

why not...?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/11/2018  4:02 PM
MS wrote:Look.

You call the Timberwolves, your offer is Lance Thomas (7.5MM), Lee (12.7MM) and first round pick. Those are their salaries in 19/20. The team just drafted three players that can make the rotation to go along with Frank and KP, you have the youth you need. You either keep Butler or you flip him at the deadline. Either way you have just cleared 20MM in salary on two older players that aren't in the future plans. We need one dog on this team to make the young guys fighters.

Frank/Burke
THJR/Dotson
Butler
Knox
Kanter/Robinson

Nope no more first round picks. Perry and Mills said they arent trading picks
meloshouldgo

10/11/2018  7:53 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
MS wrote:Look.

Frank/Burke
THJR/Dotson
Butler
Knox
Kanter/Robinson

Nope no more first round picks. Perry and Mills said they arent trading picks

Absolutely NO to offering any picks. If anything they should send us one to take Butler off their hands. Thw Wolves are complete cluster with Butler right now, they'll jump.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

10/11/2018  10:56 PM
Chandler wrote:

the guy plays best w a chip on his shoulder and it's a BIG chip right now. too cool for school wiggins got paid; not sure about the depth of his beef with Towns but upset with him too (new mega millionaire)

So rather than just talk (too much and too public IMO) he whips their butt. This is exactly the kind of competitiveness a team needs. Having said that the attitude is too much; he's too old for our timeline etc. But some team will benefit and it won't be the wolves

Just because you have a point doesn't mean that you are right.

Several former Lions players threw young QB Joey Harrington under the bus in the press. Harrington was not, nor ever, a good starting QB in the NFL. They had a point, he wasn't good and it was hurting the team. But saying it in public and creating discord for their team wasn't "right" for the team or their teammates.

Butler has a point. Most of his team didn't play hard. It's one thing to lose, it's another to just dog it. But dragging this all in the press isn't right.

I feel the same way about Poppovich, who has said some political stuff in the press. While he might have a point in some cases, it's not right to create a distraction point for your team.

But to be fair to Butler, basically a form of social terrorism on his own team might be the only way into KAT's thick skull.

It might work, but it's not actual leadership. It's more like Butler and KAT are in prison and Butler is channeling his inner Adebisi/Schillinger and wants KAT to hold the pocket of his chinos.

smackeddog
10/12/2018  3:45 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Can’t believe the Twolves would consider Eric Gordon and tucker from the rockets...

why not...?

Why? Gordon is 29, injury prone and is posting inflated stats from playing in D'Antoni's system- he's a nice sixth man but an average starter. Tuckers a role player. If that's all you get back for Jimmy Butler (after giving up a top pick that became Markhanan, along with Dunn and LaVine to land him the first place), then good luck with that!

meloshouldgo

10/12/2018  6:46 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Just because you have a point doesn't mean that you are right.

Several former Lions players threw young QB Joey Harrington under the bus in the press. Harrington was not, nor ever, a good starting QB in the NFL. They had a point, he wasn't good and it was hurting the team. But saying it in public and creating discord for their team wasn't "right" for the team or their teammates.

Butler has a point. Most of his team didn't play hard. It's one thing to lose, it's another to just dog it. But dragging this all in the press isn't right.

I feel the same way about Poppovich, who has said some political stuff in the press. While he might have a point in some cases, it's not right to create a distraction point for your team.

But to be fair to Butler, basically a form of social terrorism on his own team might be the only way into KAT's thick skull.

It might work, but it's not actual leadership. It's more like Butler and KAT are in prison and Butler is channeling his inner Adebisi/Schillinger and wants KAT to hold the pocket of his chinos.

Don't agree with your premise I don't see any evidence of what he did or didn't do before going public with his accusations. Without knowing more it's almost impossible to say whether what he did was right or wrong. I think the more people to speak up about the entrenched culture of coddling all these so-called stars in the NBA, the better it will be for the game.

wargames
Member: #6053

10/12/2018  10:22 AM
Wolves and Suns are more dysfunctional than the Knicks

Lets add more teams to that list

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
smackeddog
10/12/2018  10:45 AM
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Miami Heat had basically agreed to a trade of Jimmy Butler for Josh Richardson, Dion Waiters and a protected first round pick.

The deal progressed to point of the two teams exchanging medical information, but Tom Thibodeau called the Heat back and asked for additional assets.

"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/251375/Report-Pat-Riley-Hung-Up-On-Tom-Thibodeau-When-Asked-For-More-Assets

Josh Richardson, Waiters (who is plump and out of shape to the point where he's not being allowed to play) and a pick is trash, yet it was Riley who hung up

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/12/2018  11:01 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

why not...?

Why? Gordon is 29, injury prone and is posting inflated stats from playing in D'Antoni's system- he's a nice sixth man but an average starter. Tuckers a role player. If that's all you get back for Jimmy Butler (after giving up a top pick that became Markhanan, along with Dunn and LaVine to land him the first place), then good luck with that!

eric gordon has resurrected his career bigtime...he's str8 out balling. in fact, i nicknamed him the "honey badger" during the playoffs last year to my friends. you're getting a bruising shooting guard who can run with the best of them and plays decent D, and another forward who's a bruiser takes and makes open shots and plays good D.

not sure what's inflated about that, but thats a way better offer than dion "weighters" (read twitter pic), richardson or lance + lee + pick posted in this thread.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
OT: Jimmy Butler requests trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy