[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks need to focus on development, not Kyrie Irving
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/18/2018  1:11 PM
PhilinLA wrote:I want to stuck with the draft, and avoid giving out second or third contracts to Free Agents. We've been doing that incorrectly since we signed Spencer Haywood.

We traded Eugene Short for Haywood.
https://www.nytimes.com/1975/10/24/archives/13million-bid-for-sonic-star-knicks-acquire-haywood-in-13million.html

Marvin "the eraser" Webster was the bad free agent signing of the era. Bob McAdoo sold tickets but was a bad fit also.

AUTOADVERT
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
9/18/2018  1:21 PM
Nalod wrote:
PhilinLA wrote:I want to stuck with the draft, and avoid giving out second or third contracts to Free Agents. We've been doing that incorrectly since we signed Spencer Haywood.

https://www.nytimes.com/1975/10/24/archives/13million-bid-for-sonic-star-knicks-acquire-haywood-in-13million.html

Marvin "the eraser" Webster was the bad free agent signing of the era. Bob McAdoo sold tickets but was a bad fit also.

We got him to play alongside Lonnie Shelton, then Lawrence O'Brien made us give up Lonnie as the consolation for signing Webster. Thought we had signed Haywood after whiffing on George McGinnis during the dissolution of the ABA. Guess it was a trade, though.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/18/2018  10:49 PM
PhilinLA wrote:
Nalod wrote:

We got him to play alongside Lonnie Shelton, then Lawrence O'Brien made us give up Lonnie as the consolation for signing Webster. Thought we had signed Haywood after whiffing on George McGinnis during the dissolution of the ABA. Guess it was a trade, though.

Knicks could have bought Dr J. Cheap Ned Irish and those morons messed that up bad. Nets could not afford to pay reparations to Knicks and offered him instead. Knicks took the money.

knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
9/19/2018  1:45 AM
Kyrie is fool's gold. Ainge can keep him. Hell, only way I'd take him is if it's a salary dump and I can get some picks!!!!

I'm only interested in a chip, nothing else. The ship has sailed on Kyrie, he's not worth a max slot.

Rose is not the answer.
NBK
Member: #8667

9/19/2018  11:57 PM
doomed wrote:Can’t the Knicks do both?

I just believe at this moment the Knicks should place all their focus on the players we have and not 2019 FA. Focus on FA when it gets here. Kinda of what they said at the Town Hall

Welpee
Member: #6239

9/20/2018  7:34 AM
Nalod wrote:

Well, the Haywood trade didn't end up bad for the Knicks considering they only give up some cash and Eugene Short who never amounted to anything.

Regarding Webster, yeah that was a bad signing. At the time the Knicks were desperate to find Willis Reed's replacement in a league that thought you couldn't win without a dominant big. Webster, Haywood, McAdoo, drafting Cartwright, etc. were all about searching for that big they thought they had to have.

Welpee

9/20/2018  7:40 AM
Nalod wrote:
PhilinLA wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Knicks could have bought Dr J. Cheap Ned Irish and those morons messed that up bad. Nets could not afford to pay reparations to Knicks and offered him instead. Knicks took the money.

That had to have been one of the dumbest decisions in the history of the franchise. They pay $1.3 million to acquire Spencer Haywood but wouldn't pay $4 million to acquire Doc? Sixers only paid $3 million so I'm sure they would've accepted that from the Knicks.
Welpee

9/20/2018  7:41 AM
knickstorrents wrote:Kyrie is fool's gold. Ainge can keep him. Hell, only way I'd take him is if it's a salary dump and I can get some picks!!!!

I'm only interested in a chip, nothing else. The ship has sailed on Kyrie, he's not worth a max slot.

I agree. I'm not sure I build my team around Irving.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/20/2018  11:02 AM
Welpee wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:Kyrie is fool's gold. Ainge can keep him. Hell, only way I'd take him is if it's a salary dump and I can get some picks!!!!

the ship has sailed on a 26 yr old all star, who's HANDS down (currently)the best ball handler in the NBA, and top 3 as far as PG's, who also a champion. LOL.

We have a few PG's that are well below the avg, and the shipped has sailed on kyrie..smdh..

Honestly it doesnt matter who the player is Labron, KD,curry, lillard, somebody will always think we can do better, or we don't need them, were fine on the path were headed..wow

ES
Cartman718
Member: #1694

9/20/2018  1:28 PM
Welpee wrote:

lol seriously? the ship has sailed...?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
9/21/2018  1:44 PM
Yes, Kyrie has been in the league 7 years, and is injured every year. He's not worth a max slot.
Rose is not the answer.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
9/22/2018  10:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/22/2018  10:36 AM
I pass on Kyrie. He is quirky and has not proven he can stay healthy. The guy is always hurt, and I don't want to pay max dollars to guy who said the earth is flat. I would rather trade Hardaway and give a max contract to Klay Thompson. Dude is rarely hurt, is an great defender, and the third or fourth best shooter in the league.
Trust the Process
Knicks need to focus on development, not Kyrie Irving

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy