[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks need to focus on development, not Kyrie Irving
Author Thread
knicks1248
Posts: 37918
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
9/18/2018  10:50 AM
blkexec wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:How can Boston play better without him if he is one of the best players in the NBA? He is a one way player and injury prone, STAT is a great comparison. If it's Klay or KD you go for it. The Kyries of the world you pass.

The best thing Kyrie can do for us and increase ticket sales.

Theres a reason why Boston looked and played better without him.

The ball sticks in Kyrie's hand....He's Melo at the PG position.

Kyrie is the best 1 on 1 player in the NBA. But is he the best team player?

I never liked Kyrie's game at the NBA level. But for And 1 or street ball, he's the king.


your nuts if you think Kyrie is not a team player. He's the guy that will take you over the top in the playoffs where 1 on 1 play rules in the clutch.

It was so obvious Cleveland and boston suffered in the playoffs without him

But lets see which one of our guards will step up, I personally think if trey stays healthy, he can be really really good,

ES
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Posts: 56238
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
9/18/2018  11:51 AM
Kyrie healthy got Cav's their chip. Lebron is superman, but he needed a healthy Kyrie.
Celts did real well in the playoffs without him but we just don't know what a healthy Kyrie and Haywood would have done.
I sort of agree with Triple and Marv's ambiguities but the team is so much more if KP is healthy.
Warriors with Steph alone are not champs. Even Lebron alone can't seal the deal. You need three bonafide allstars and role players.
No one formula does it alone.
KP is an allstar talent. One of the most unique talents in the league. Obviously his ability to sustain health is the issue. Same for all contending teams BTW. Boston had its three in Haywood, Kyrie and Horford. I think they could have made the finals in theory. I repeat, "in theory". When Curry was hurting pre Durant Cleveland won.
Gotta have them all healthy.
Before I can even begin to apply any Kyrie love I want to see how this season unfolds and were we are in the draft and who is available. Are we destined for Zion? Will Knox fulfill his summerleague Trajectory? MitRob? Frank progress? KP health? Is Timmy a bad contract or 20pg scorer with decent percentage?
So before I render any opinion I want to know these things. If not, and as suggested if its just to sell tix, then its a starphuch.
Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
PhilinLA
Posts: 24902
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/12/2004
Member: #696
9/18/2018  11:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/18/2018  1:18 PM
I want to stick with the draft, and avoid giving out second or third contracts to Free Agents. We've been doing that incorrectly since we signed Spencer Haywood.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Nalod
Posts: 56238
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
9/18/2018  1:11 PM
PhilinLA wrote:I want to stuck with the draft, and avoid giving out second or third contracts to Free Agents. We've been doing that incorrectly since we signed Spencer Haywood.

We traded Eugene Short for Haywood.
https://www.nytimes.com/1975/10/24/archives/13million-bid-for-sonic-star-knicks-acquire-haywood-in-13million.html

Marvin "the eraser" Webster was the bad free agent signing of the era. Bob McAdoo sold tickets but was a bad fit also.

Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
PhilinLA
Posts: 24902
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/12/2004
Member: #696
9/18/2018  1:21 PM
Nalod wrote:
PhilinLA wrote:I want to stuck with the draft, and avoid giving out second or third contracts to Free Agents. We've been doing that incorrectly since we signed Spencer Haywood.

We traded Eugene Short for Haywood.
https://www.nytimes.com/1975/10/24/archives/13million-bid-for-sonic-star-knicks-acquire-haywood-in-13million.html

Marvin "the eraser" Webster was the bad free agent signing of the era. Bob McAdoo sold tickets but was a bad fit also.


We got him to play alongside Lonnie Shelton, then Lawrence O'Brien made us give up Lonnie as the consolation for signing Webster. Thought we had signed Haywood after whiffing on George McGinnis during the dissolution of the ABA. Guess it was a trade, though.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Nalod
Posts: 56238
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
9/18/2018  10:49 PM
PhilinLA wrote:
Nalod wrote:
PhilinLA wrote:I want to stuck with the draft, and avoid giving out second or third contracts to Free Agents. We've been doing that incorrectly since we signed Spencer Haywood.

We traded Eugene Short for Haywood.
https://www.nytimes.com/1975/10/24/archives/13million-bid-for-sonic-star-knicks-acquire-haywood-in-13million.html

Marvin "the eraser" Webster was the bad free agent signing of the era. Bob McAdoo sold tickets but was a bad fit also.


We got him to play alongside Lonnie Shelton, then Lawrence O'Brien made us give up Lonnie as the consolation for signing Webster. Thought we had signed Haywood after whiffing on George McGinnis during the dissolution of the ABA. Guess it was a trade, though.

Knicks could have bought Dr J. Cheap Ned Irish and those morons messed that up bad. Nets could not afford to pay reparations to Knicks and offered him instead. Knicks took the money.

Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
knickstorrents
Posts: 21046
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/23/2010
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
9/19/2018  1:45 AM
Kyrie is fool's gold. Ainge can keep him. Hell, only way I'd take him is if it's a salary dump and I can get some picks!!!!

I'm only interested in a chip, nothing else. The ship has sailed on Kyrie, he's not worth a max slot.

Rose is not the answer.
NBK
Posts: 20031
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 8/1/2018
Member: #8667

9/19/2018  11:57 PM
doomed wrote:Can’t the Knicks do both?

I just believe at this moment the Knicks should place all their focus on the players we have and not 2019 FA. Focus on FA when it gets here. Kinda of what they said at the Town Hall

Welpee
Posts: 22062
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/22/2016
Member: #6239

9/20/2018  7:34 AM
Nalod wrote:
PhilinLA wrote:I want to stuck with the draft, and avoid giving out second or third contracts to Free Agents. We've been doing that incorrectly since we signed Spencer Haywood.

We traded Eugene Short for Haywood.
https://www.nytimes.com/1975/10/24/archives/13million-bid-for-sonic-star-knicks-acquire-haywood-in-13million.html

Marvin "the eraser" Webster was the bad free agent signing of the era. Bob McAdoo sold tickets but was a bad fit also.

Well, the Haywood trade didn't end up bad for the Knicks considering they only give up some cash and Eugene Short who never amounted to anything.

Regarding Webster, yeah that was a bad signing. At the time the Knicks were desperate to find Willis Reed's replacement in a league that thought you couldn't win without a dominant big. Webster, Haywood, McAdoo, drafting Cartwright, etc. were all about searching for that big they thought they had to have.

Welpee
Posts: 22062
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/22/2016
Member: #6239

9/20/2018  7:40 AM
Nalod wrote:
PhilinLA wrote:
Nalod wrote:
PhilinLA wrote:I want to stuck with the draft, and avoid giving out second or third contracts to Free Agents. We've been doing that incorrectly since we signed Spencer Haywood.

We traded Eugene Short for Haywood.
https://www.nytimes.com/1975/10/24/archives/13million-bid-for-sonic-star-knicks-acquire-haywood-in-13million.html

Marvin "the eraser" Webster was the bad free agent signing of the era. Bob McAdoo sold tickets but was a bad fit also.


We got him to play alongside Lonnie Shelton, then Lawrence O'Brien made us give up Lonnie as the consolation for signing Webster. Thought we had signed Haywood after whiffing on George McGinnis during the dissolution of the ABA. Guess it was a trade, though.

Knicks could have bought Dr J. Cheap Ned Irish and those morons messed that up bad. Nets could not afford to pay reparations to Knicks and offered him instead. Knicks took the money.

That had to have been one of the dumbest decisions in the history of the franchise. They pay $1.3 million to acquire Spencer Haywood but wouldn't pay $4 million to acquire Doc? Sixers only paid $3 million so I'm sure they would've accepted that from the Knicks.
Welpee
Posts: 22062
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/22/2016
Member: #6239

9/20/2018  7:41 AM
knickstorrents wrote:Kyrie is fool's gold. Ainge can keep him. Hell, only way I'd take him is if it's a salary dump and I can get some picks!!!!

I'm only interested in a chip, nothing else. The ship has sailed on Kyrie, he's not worth a max slot.

I agree. I'm not sure I build my team around Irving.
knicks1248
Posts: 37918
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
9/20/2018  11:02 AM
Welpee wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:Kyrie is fool's gold. Ainge can keep him. Hell, only way I'd take him is if it's a salary dump and I can get some picks!!!!

I'm only interested in a chip, nothing else. The ship has sailed on Kyrie, he's not worth a max slot.

I agree. I'm not sure I build my team around Irving.

the ship has sailed on a 26 yr old all star, who's HANDS down (currently)the best ball handler in the NBA, and top 3 as far as PG's, who also a champion. LOL.

We have a few PG's that are well below the avg, and the shipped has sailed on kyrie..smdh..

Honestly it doesnt matter who the player is Labron, KD,curry, lillard, somebody will always think we can do better, or we don't need them, were fine on the path were headed..wow

ES
Cartman718
Posts: 26895
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

9/20/2018  1:28 PM
Welpee wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:Kyrie is fool's gold. Ainge can keep him. Hell, only way I'd take him is if it's a salary dump and I can get some picks!!!!

I'm only interested in a chip, nothing else. The ship has sailed on Kyrie, he's not worth a max slot.

I agree. I'm not sure I build my team around Irving.

lol seriously? the ship has sailed...?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knickstorrents
Posts: 21046
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/23/2010
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
9/21/2018  1:44 PM
Yes, Kyrie has been in the league 7 years, and is injured every year. He's not worth a max slot.
Rose is not the answer.
TheGame
Posts: 25373
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/15/2006
Member: #1154
USA
9/22/2018  10:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/22/2018  10:36 AM
I pass on Kyrie. He is quirky and has not proven he can stay healthy. The guy is always hurt, and I don't want to pay max dollars to guy who said the earth is flat. I would rather trade Hardaway and give a max contract to Klay Thompson. Dude is rarely hurt, is an great defender, and the third or fourth best shooter in the league.
Playoffs or bust
Knicks need to focus on development, not Kyrie Irving

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.