CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
9/12/2018  5:18 PM
New York Knicks SF/PF Kevin Knox
5 OF 6

Garrett Ellwood/Getty Images
Summer league can appear to be more indicative than large sample sizes of college film.

It happened last year with Donovan Mitchell, an inefficient guard at Louisville but a highly productive and convincing scorer in July. Kevin Knox falls under the same category of prospect whose All-Star potential was partially masked in college.

He just looked better suited for the more open NBA floor during summer league, where he averaged 21.3 points per game. Knox capitalized on the extra space and freedom, showing more ability and creativity than he was able to at Kentucky.

Some overlooked numbers he registered in college include a 45.1 percent shooting clip off the dribble and .946 points per possession as a pick-and-roll ball-handler (85th percentile).

A 6'9" combo forward who made 1.5 threes per game at Kentucky and 2.5 per game last month, Knox possesses big-man size and perimeter skills that spell out mismatch.

He's far from an All-Star at this point, but he's still 18 years old for another week. Knox possesses all the necessary ingredients, and he'll have plenty of time and opportunities in New York to apply them toward maximizing his potential.

Sleeper All-Star Candidates Picked Outside Top 10
Mitchell Robinson (New York Knicks, C, No. 36 pick)

Robinson would have likely been drafted higher had he not skipped college and the NBA combine. The 2017 McDonald's All-American is world-class athletic to the point where lacking a signature skill won't hold him back.

Summer league's rookie leader in player efficiency rating (Jacobi Boykins has yet to find a permanent home and didn't see significant time), per RealGM.com, Robinson has the chance to follow Capela or DeAndre Jordan because of his potential to finish and block shots at the highest levels.

At this stage, he's pure talent without any polish or fundamental skill. If he can add any over the next several years, he has All-Star upside for Knicks head coach David Fizdale to try to unlock.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2788997-predicting-the-future-all-stars-of-2018-nba-rookie-class#slide6
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
9/12/2018  7:41 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
New York Knicks SF/PF Kevin Knox
5 OF 6

Garrett Ellwood/Getty Images
Summer league can appear to be more indicative than large sample sizes of college film.

It happened last year with Donovan Mitchell, an inefficient guard at Louisville but a highly productive and convincing scorer in July. Kevin Knox falls under the same category of prospect whose All-Star potential was partially masked in college.

He just looked better suited for the more open NBA floor during summer league, where he averaged 21.3 points per game. Knox capitalized on the extra space and freedom, showing more ability and creativity than he was able to at Kentucky.

Some overlooked numbers he registered in college include a 45.1 percent shooting clip off the dribble and .946 points per possession as a pick-and-roll ball-handler (85th percentile).

A 6'9" combo forward who made 1.5 threes per game at Kentucky and 2.5 per game last month, Knox possesses big-man size and perimeter skills that spell out mismatch.

He's far from an All-Star at this point, but he's still 18 years old for another week. Knox possesses all the necessary ingredients, and he'll have plenty of time and opportunities in New York to apply them toward maximizing his potential.

Sleeper All-Star Candidates Picked Outside Top 10
Mitchell Robinson (New York Knicks, C, No. 36 pick)

Robinson would have likely been drafted higher had he not skipped college and the NBA combine. The 2017 McDonald's All-American is world-class athletic to the point where lacking a signature skill won't hold him back.

Summer league's rookie leader in player efficiency rating (Jacobi Boykins has yet to find a permanent home and didn't see significant time), per RealGM.com, Robinson has the chance to follow Capela or DeAndre Jordan because of his potential to finish and block shots at the highest levels.

At this stage, he's pure talent without any polish or fundamental skill. If he can add any over the next several years, he has All-Star upside for Knicks head coach David Fizdale to try to unlock.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2788997-predicting-the-future-all-stars-of-2018-nba-rookie-class#slide6

"possesses" has too many S's.
[/micDrop]

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

9/12/2018  9:53 PM
Does it? Looks right to me.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
NotInMyHouse
Member: #6433

9/13/2018  3:51 AM
We basically have 2 top 10 picks from a very strong draft. Maybe Robinson even passes Knox. I am not expecting that, but I would not be shocked.
“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/13/2018  8:40 AM
Future intrigue if Robinson grows what his chemistry would be with KP. Freaky skills at two positions could be interesting to behold. This team has a long way to go but the rebuild is interesting now.
Panos
9/13/2018  8:58 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:Does it? Looks right to me.

I didn't say it was wrong. It just has too many S's.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
9/13/2018  9:13 AM
Panos wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Does it? Looks right to me.

I didn't say it was wrong. It just has too many S's.

a little observational humor from panos

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/13/2018  11:06 AM
I fully anticipate that Knox will have a better career than Robinson. But damn am I way more interested in Robinson and his progression. Every time we get a Landry Fields he is supposed to be as good as they say Ron Baker is. I truly feel differently about Robinson. I see no reason why he can't be as good as Clint Capela and man would that be great to actually get that type of value in the 2nd. The Knicks usually screw up the draft but to get two potentially meaningful rotation players in one draft is pretty awesome
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
9/13/2018  11:53 AM
I think both Knox and Robinson have elite potential.

Robinson is particularly intriguing because in the summer league, his elite athleticism is unmistakable in spite of not playing organized/competitive basketball for a year. And hypothetically, it might get even better once he's in game shape. And... to add another and... he put together the best PER of all summer league players. In this day and age, centers are somewhat devalued, so it's tough to say what players like Ayton or Robinson can become.

I don't think it'd be a stretch to see both of these guys become all stars at some point in their careers.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/13/2018  12:26 PM
technomaster wrote:I think both Knox and Robinson have elite potential.

Robinson is particularly intriguing because in the summer league, his elite athleticism is unmistakable in spite of not playing organized/competitive basketball for a year. And hypothetically, it might get even better once he's in game shape. And... to add another and... he put together the best PER of all summer league players. In this day and age, centers are somewhat devalued, so it's tough to say what players like Ayton or Robinson can become.

I don't think it'd be a stretch to see both of these guys become all stars at some point in their careers.

That would give us a "big three".

Panos
9/13/2018  3:08 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

a very BIG big three. 6'9", 7'3", 7'1".

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
9/13/2018  3:13 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

could frank make it four?

now reportedly 6'6" with a 7'1" wingspan. and just turned 20.

what happens if we sign kyrie? frank slides to the 2? comes off the bench for kyrie AND thjr? maybe trier's legit by then? and burke?

lot of good speculating to be had.

GustavBahler

9/13/2018  4:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/13/2018  4:36 PM
Marv wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

what happens if we sign kyrie? frank slides to the 2? comes off the bench for kyrie AND thjr? maybe trier's legit by then? and burke?

All depends on Frank making the most of his physical gifts, high bball IQ. Frank often coughing up the ball from 3-4 feet, is from a lack of confidence, nothing else.

If Frank doesnt take his game to the next level, we have in effect Greg Anthony II. Which is no bad thing. Anthony helped make Riley's Knicks the best defensive team in the league for a while. Have to admit, I get a rush just thinking about the Knicks being good at anything but losing.

Frank is showing more at an earlier age, but his future IMO depends on him pushing the envelope on offense. Have no idea if he will answer the call. Real glad Frank decided to stay in the US, and work with the Knicks on his game. Believe it shows Frank understands how competitive minutes are going to be with Fizdale as coach.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/13/2018  7:50 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

I think they crushed the draft. I think Robinson is going to end up looking like a guy that should have gone in the top 10 in this draft. I also think Trier will be a rotation player down the road. It will be interesting to see what happens with Dotson. I was expecting him to have a better summer league.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
9/13/2018  10:04 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
All depends on Frank making the most of his physical gifts, high bball IQ. Frank often coughing up the ball from 3-4 feet, is from a lack of confidence, nothing else.

If Frank doesnt take his game to the next level, we have in effect Greg Anthony II. Which is no bad thing. Anthony helped make Riley's Knicks the best defensive team in the league for a while. Have to admit, I get a rush just thinking about the Knicks being good at anything but losing.

Frank is showing more at an earlier age, but his future IMO depends on him pushing the envelope on offense. Have no idea if he will answer the call. Real glad Frank decided to stay in the US, and work with the Knicks on his game. Believe it shows Frank understands how competitive minutes are going to be with Fizdale as coach.

Pros and cons to this. I think Frank needs more "reps" being the floor general in meaningful situations and feeling the weight of being a focal point on offense. On the other hand, working out with his teammates and the coaching staff helps too. He's the heir apparent at PG for the French team.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
GustavBahler

9/13/2018  11:42 PM
technomaster wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Pros and cons to this. I think Frank needs more "reps" being the floor general in meaningful situations and feeling the weight of being a focal point on offense. On the other hand, working out with his teammates and the coaching staff helps too. He's the heir apparent at PG for the French team.

Pretty sure the French coach would have no problem with Frank being mostly a distributor. Maybe not challenging him to be more of a factor on offense as he would by Fizdale and his staff.

Fizdale wants Frank to be in attack mode, and find teammates as they react. The french team might have other plans for him.

Frank has a ways to go on offense, staying close to NY and working with the coaching staff, is a good way to show he understands that he has work to do. Especially if Frank wants to be more than a role player.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
9/14/2018  12:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/14/2018  12:21 PM
A lot to look forward to here. KP, Knox, Robinson, Ntilikina, and Hardaway is our most intriguing core group in forever.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/17/2018  1:37 PM
Marv wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

And this coming draft is top heavy at the SG spot, exactly what the Knicks need next. It's perfect really

But Knicks GOTTA end up with a top 5 pick

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/17/2018  1:46 PM
technomaster wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Frank has competition on the French national team too. Okobo looks real good from what I see from highlights and reports. I'm sure the competition will light a 🔥 under Frank.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/17/2018  4:49 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:We basically have 2 top 10 picks from a very strong draft. Maybe Robinson even passes Knox. I am not expecting that, but I would not be shocked.
lakers are regretting passing on mitchell. They took a chance he would slip to 40 and got burned. Him not playing last year was a blessing is disguise for us
Wasserman: Predicting The Future All Stars of the 2018 Rookie Class

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy