[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Might Be Part of Kidd Deal
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
9/16/2004  3:50 PM
the $3 million in cash pretty much offsets his salary for this season, but next year's salary would be nice to be rid of

[Edited by - TMS on 09/16/2004 15:51:05]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
9/16/2004  4:41 PM
You guys are dreaming if you think that anyone is taking Shandon Anderson.

We would have to pay his entire contract and throw in an extra year free, for the deal to be even entertained....The magic wouldn't even trade grant hill to make it happen.

We can't GM's have to pay for there deals...Fans are made to suffer while teams extort money from us, because they hired the wrong people. From now on their should be a system in place where 5% refunds are given to all season ticket holders everytime a shandon anderson/Howard Eisley/Travis Knight/Clarence Weatherspoon is signed
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
9/16/2004  4:42 PM
Let's compare Wally and Houston at their respective ages instead of careers. I'll throw last year out the window since Wally was injured for most of it, so we'll look at 2 seasons ago, when he was 25.

Wally at 25:
17.6 points per game, 4.6 rpg, 2.6 apg. 48% from the field, 87% from the line, 42% from downtown.
Houston at 25:
15 points per game, 3 rpg, 2 apg. 42% from the field, 80% from the line, 39% from downtown.

Plus, Houston will probably be injured. Wally is a better player than Houston was at his respective age. I'd do this trade in a heartbeat.
#Knickstaps
MS
9/16/2004  4:49 PM
#1 Houston is the better player
#2 This team is built around Starbury (says himself)so i don't he will get along with wally
#3 Houston fits the role better, and is a better shooter than Wally

The trade adds salary, which we don't need. I wish Isiah would have to pay these contracts, his ass would not do one deal if that was the case....

So lets not make deals that aren't goin to help
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
9/16/2004  4:51 PM
I can't believe any of you guys actually think this is a bad deal. We ship Kidd out of the East which makes us even more capable of winning the Atlantic, and we turn a decent PF in KT, to one of the top SF's of the game and a suitable replacement for Kurt. A number of people here have been saying that they want Sweetney to get a ton of minutes this year, well here is your chance. I really don't see how any of you would be upset if we turned Kurt into Wally. I've said it before at least a hundred times, we are in a position where we need to get as many assets as we can. Wally just gives us even more flexibility to trade TT next year if he doesn't play well for us. This is a win-win situation, we would free up more minutes for Sweets while also getting another big asset. Plus, if H20 misses time, you have a lineup of

C-Mohammed
PF-Sweetney
SF-Tim Thomas
SG-Wally
PG-Marbury

and you still have Crawford coming off the bench. With a healthy Allan, you could have two excellent sharpshooters in Wally and Allan on the same floor at the same time with Stephon leading the way. Plus, if we do this deal while getting rid of someone like Moochie or Shandon, it only makes the deal even better. Also, Wally actually wants to play for us, why not add another talented player that has always wanted to play for the Knicks?

[Edited by - s3231 on 09/16/2004 16:54:51]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
9/16/2004  4:56 PM
OK, but what if Houston is out until February? Do you make this trade?
#Knickstaps
MS
9/16/2004  4:56 PM
Good point who needs defense?
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
9/16/2004  5:26 PM
I don't like this trade. It downgrades our defense, yet, another notch, we didn't fill any of our needs and it creates a bigger jam. not only would we have too many 3s, but we would have too many 4s. We get rid of KT and Shandon (KT, who I happen to like) but we just add another PF (Williams), who is a good backup. We have plenty of those. Besides, isn't that what Jerome Williams is for? That burst of energy off the bench?

We need that post presence on defense and offense. We need to just develop Trevor and Crawford, and we need to let our contracts expire or let their stocks rise. Adding Wally is too pointless, and waaaaaaaaaay too shortterm. I still believe Houston is a better player, when healthy. Hence, if he is somewhat healthy this season, Wally has no place to go, and either him or Penny rots on the bench. That's just not the way it should work.

This trade makes NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sense.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/16/2004  6:02 PM
KT and Shandon for Wally and Aaron.....

Why is that so hard not to love?

The trade opens up the starting spot for Sweetney, Nazr is the center. Aaron Williams, Baker and Jerome back up both of them.....

Timmy has Wally on his back and Wally brings alot of energy. Craw and Marbs rule the back court with Houston and Penny....

If anything the Knicks practices will be like playoff games....that would just be awesome....not only will they be up for games but they know they have to bring it in practice or guys will get benched.

This trade is just something that needs to happen to NY.....it just makes the Knicks head a shoulders above anything in the East not named Detroit or Indiana.

Just awesome.....this trade also could open the door for a deadline trade.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
subzero0
Member: #410
9/16/2004  6:46 PM
This trade make a whole lot of sense if youve seen Tim Thomas career play out in the NBA. If Fugazy gets lazy Wally gets his spot, its that simple. Then down the line we have options because now we have names to trade. Besides I think Wally is already way better than TT. Just my opinion.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/16/2004  6:50 PM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by crzymdups:

This trade doesn't work under the cap. The trade I posted early with the Knicks giving up only Kurt and Moochie does work.

Funny....it worked when I put it in the checker (1922615)...why didn't it work for you?

Well, the realgm trade doesn't take into account Kurt's 15% trade kicker as far as I can tell. For trading purposes, Kurt's salary is 6.76 or something. When I do the math that way, I don't see how the trade y'all propose could possibly work.
¿ △ ?
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/16/2004  7:17 PM
This trade make a whole lot of sense if youve seen Tim Thomas career play out in the NBA. If Fugazy gets lazy Wally gets his spot, its that simple. Then down the line we have options because now we have names to trade. Besides I think Wally is already way better than TT. Just my opinion.

Yeah, if that will light a fire under tt, i'm all for it.

But in all reality, it makes No sense, other than stock piling, wallly is a worse defender then TT. At least TT has hieght and can post up, wally's a penetrating Allan houston, who still doesn't penetrate nearly enough, so what does this really do for us.
ES
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
9/16/2004  8:01 PM
The Portland Oregonian reports the Blazers and T-Wolves have discussed a trade sending Shareef Abdur-Rahim to Minnesota for Wally Szczerbiak.

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/players/playerpage/139096
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/16/2004  8:08 PM
Posted by Mac:
The Portland Oregonian reports the Blazers and T-Wolves have discussed a trade sending Shareef Abdur-Rahim to Minnesota for Wally Szczerbiak.

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/players/playerpage/139096

That was over a month ago. Around that time, the Knicks were discussing signing Eric Dampier for the MLE.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/16/2004  8:51 PM
Posted by knicks1248:

Yeah, if that will light a fire under tt, i'm all for it.

But in all reality, it makes No sense, other than stock piling, wallly is a worse defender then TT. At least TT has hieght and can post up, wally's a penetrating Allan houston, who still doesn't penetrate nearly enough, so what does this really do for us.
We get rid of Shandon and Moochie, free up a roster spot, and can sign a player like Keon Clark or another young center!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/16/2004  8:56 PM
If the Knicks get Wally, would you offer TT for a center (maybe Big Z or Theo Ratliff plus something to sweeten the deal a little)?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/16/2004  11:59 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

If the Knicks get Wally, would you offer TT for a center (maybe Big Z or Theo Ratliff plus something to sweeten the deal a little)?

I'd offer it, but Portland and Cleveland wouldn't stop laughing and it would hurt my feelings.
¿ △ ?
PooPooPrince
Member: #719
9/17/2004  5:14 AM
If u can get Wally and Aaron Willimas while trading away Kurt thomas
and ridding Shandon Anderson and Moochie then Isiah should be investigated by the police.

Kurt Thomas and Shandon is also a good deal for the knicks.
Long term we all know they aren't going anywhere with Kurt
so u must as well stack up your chips to obtain the best talent and trade those expiring contracts next year for a good low post presence.

It would be more desirable if they could obtain reef because hes expiring contract itself. If u have money then near max expiring contracts are worth more then draft picks because now u can trade em for all stars
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/17/2004  8:15 AM
they weren't and aren't getting anywhere with Kurt either
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
9/17/2004  10:14 AM
Wally's contract is for quite a few more years- and if he continues to be injuried, obviously a bad deal.

As far as the log jam at the SG/SF spots- Houston might very well be finished for all intents and purposes, nothing more than a Steve Kerr type who can come off the bench for some three point bombs. He's a slow jump shooter who with age and injuries is only getting slower.

Whatever the deal ends up being, you're basically turning Kurt Thomas into Wally.
Knicks Might Be Part of Kidd Deal

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy